{'en': 'Type 1 Diabetes and Diabetes', 'es': 'Cerveza y diabetes tipo 1'} Image

Type 1 Diabetes and Diabetes

notmy's profile photo   03/09/2014 6:06 p.m.

Recently I have met a diabetic who claims to drink beer daily without affecting their glucose levels.Is this possible?

I do not trust because obviously beer has carbohydrates and, therefore, if we want to take it a priori we must accompany it with some insulin, or so I believed.

That is why I have been avoiding beer for a long time, also considering that it can produce hypoglycemia by having alcohol.

Do you drink beer regularly?How does it affect glucose?

notmy's profile photo
notmy
03/09/2014 6:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I do not think it is possible because it has carbohydrates and the glucose rises.I always take it with some food and put insulin.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/09/2014 6:34 p.m.

Keep in mind that each diabetic becomes an independent world.But of course beer produces up and is less recommended than a glass of wine.
In any case, it depends on the amount you drink.It is not the same one as four.I believe that a glass of beer can be very tolerable to certain hours and whenever the diabetic has its medication control or practices exercise later.Because after all, many foods you take daily will produce more up than the beer glass.
It comes out of doubt by making a measurement a little after taking it and so it can be decided about it.
I prefer a glass of wine in the appetizer or food, in moderation.But sometimes, I also allow beer cane, especially with the heat that is eliminated before.

DiabetesForo
03/10/2014 3:57 a.m.

And if not, a clear ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/10/2014 1:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I take a clear one from time to time, I put half a can of beer and the other average of Fanta Limon Zero, so what is uploaded is not much.;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
03/11/2014 3:55 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Sometimes ... when I go out there ... I take a cane ... or a beer ... but I don't get the truth much, I don't usually click on taking a single ... if it's one andfood or more than one ... I try to eat ... I don't have good experiences with alcohol and not eat:-\ "

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
03/11/2014 6:42 a.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

A cane has almost 1 ration of HC, S and a glycemic index of 110, much greater than white sugar, exactly the same the beer with which the sin, so I fear that climbing up ... Another thing is that you are ramplón,You just crushed in the gym and take a cane without insulin, but come on, I refer to the numbers;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/11/2014 7:04 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Fer, Fer, Fer ... can you really drink clarified?Is there Limon Zero's fanta?.Uissss what a joy you just gave me !!!It is my favorite drink and I have been all the time of my diabetes without trying it.The less especially on vacation that my husband and I usually take a great walk and then return home and take some cool.I begin to be Hartita de la Coca Cola Zero (not being able to vary it from time to time with another drink).They have also told me about the nestea without sugar.Has anyone tried it?How is this?Well a kiss to everyone

nina45's profile photo
nina45
03/11/2014 8:09 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Zero lemon fanta, d Naranja Zero, Trinranjus without sugar, sugar -free watercolor, nestea without sugar ... Fortunately you have almost everything ... so enjoy !!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/11/2014 8:16 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Velia for the information.I do not usually drink anything (a quarter of a vessel of vermouth some Sunday, half a glass of red wine with soda on weekends and a couple of lights a week in summer) but to be able to enjoy it again even if it is in Version Light it will be everythinga pleasure.I will tell you when I take the first.Excellent!.Thank you, thanks, thanks.Kisses

nina45's profile photo
nina45
03/11/2014 9:03 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Ultima glicosila 6

The Zero Limón Fanta exists but, from what I have seen, only in supermarkets.In bars they never have it ... and the Free Aquarius only in certain supermarkets.Does anyone know if there is the sugar -free bitter?

notmy's profile photo
notmy
03/12/2014 8:25 a.m.

I have been taking a look along the network and Kas launched in 2007 its version of Bitter Light ... I don't know if it succeeded and continues in the markets or had to stop marketing it.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/13/2014 5:56 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

The day I discovered the zero orange fanta, my face illuminated, I always have cans at home !!!I love it!!;)

Nina45 said:
Fer, Fer, Fer ... Can you really drink clarified?.Is there Limon Zero's fanta?.Uissss what a joy you just gave me !!!It is my favorite drink and I have been all the time of my diabetes without trying it....

fer's profile photo
fer
03/13/2014 6:05 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I already have Limon Zero Fanta at home (it was my daughter to buy her running to give me the caprichito hahaha -as I don't usually "go" just anything -).House beers "Without" I have (my husband takes them).So tomorrow (taking advantage of the fact that it is weekend) instead of snack I will take a light light light ... mmm that rich !!!I already want it to be tomorrow ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
03/13/2014 11:42 a.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

= D> = d> = d> = d> = d> = d>

fer's profile photo
fer
03/13/2014 3:56 p.m.

That you dysfute it, but the beersin and cn have the same HC, s, so you can give the complete tribute :)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/13/2014 4:41 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Well I already did the test.Tell you that it was delicious and that Fanta Limon Zero is great.The one that is very bad is the zero orange fanta.Puaghh its flavor I remember the medications of the powders in the envelope m a l i s i m o o o !!!Thanks for the contribution (especially now that good weather and heat come)

nina45's profile photo
nina45
03/20/2014 7:52 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

I find this topic very interesting.My educator told me that no soft drinks or that they were zero, no light tails, or zero tail, etc ... you take it and nothing happens?If so, I have a great relief.
Of the topic beer, I am/was very beer, I love it, I am very involved in the theme of artisan beers, etc ... and now it costs me a lot and some take myself.But I always try to drink "0.0" or "without alcohol". Vigil which one I take because some do not carry alcohol but "glucose syrup." Eye with that.
I also informed myself about the difference between 0.0 and without.It is curious to take it into account.
And there are also "light" with fewer degrees of alcohol.

DiabetesForo
07/21/2014 8:04 a.m.

@ROGER La Coca Cola Zero does not upload the blood sugar, you can take it quietly.But as in everything, we must not abuse ... whether you are diabetic or not.

The beer that has alcohol or not, has carbohydrates.I think a botellin has 1 ration, but that someone corrects me if I'm wrong in this.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
07/21/2014 1:59 p.m.

Roger, I am interested in explaining the difference between 0.0 and "without" ... for my husband basically that can take them but should reduce alcohol intake.Which one has less?(Thus we illustrate us all ...).Kisses!!
Light soft drinks do not upload my sugar and there is a great variety: Coca Cola Zero, Gales Zero, with Limon Light (for me the healthiest), etc.I remember that my mother in her era (which there were no diabetic products) took from time to time, advised by her doctor, a tonic and I also do it from time to time ... although I don't know if I do badly (Glups!!) Having as there are so much Light product today.Can anyone advise me about it?Bestines

nina45's profile photo
nina45
07/22/2014 5:46 a.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.