{'en': 'I can no longer with my diabetes ...', 'es': 'No puedo mas con mi diabetes...'} Image

I can no longer with my diabetes ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo   03/26/2014 10:53 p.m.

Hello,

My name is Daniela I am 26 years old and I am insulin dependent since 14.

I no longer know how to control my glycemia, I feel very bad and discouraged, my last glucose study gave bad, I'm afraid.

I have a 4 -year -old son and I don't want to live more discouraged ..

Thanks for your support,

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/26/2014 10:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

By the way I forget to say that my last glycosylated hemoglobin m gave 11.6 is a barbarity

DiabetesForo
03/26/2014 10:56 p.m.

I would like to speak and have friends to be able to exchange dialogues, I need to talk with people with this disease that we suffer, I leave my face.Daniela Elizabeth Cardozo

DiabetesForo
03/26/2014 11:09 p.m.

Hi Daniela.

Very good start register in the forum to start having tools that help you in the control of diabetes.

So that we can help you and advise you, it would be very good for you to tell us a little what your day to day is with the control of diabetes.I mean the type of life you carry (how many controls you make you up to date, if you know how to count hydrates, type and dose of insulin, what exercise do you do, etc.)

I hope that among all we can help you improve that hemoglobin triggered and little by little and especially with your desire to get it, you can find yourself better in the shortest possible time.

Also tell us whether you visit the endocrin@ usually or not.

All the best.

carlos_flash's profile photo
carlos_flash
03/27/2014 7:41 a.m.

Hello Carlos, the reality is that after having my son, my health is very neglectFrom 200 up, I am very nervous, and I really do not do physical activity, I already have my new studies which gave me badNothing and glycemia are still high, that puts it worse, there is when the fury unleashed and I question myself at all, and I do the famous binge later I correct myself with a novorapid and so I am ... today I start doing physical activity, ...At 7 in La Maniana I had a value of 198 breakfast, I apply my 20 Lantus units I get rid of a bike and now it gives me 299 .... I really do not understand ... I said for myself to apply to 10 units 10 unitsmore of Lantus

DiabetesForo
03/27/2014 11:01 a.m.

Do not count the hydrates for portions !!!!

DiabetesForo
03/27/2014 11:03 a.m.

But what value do you wake up?Are you getting Lantus at night?Maybe it's better to put it in the morning, to be able to increase it without having nocturnal hypoglycemia
You surely need to increase the doses of all insulins, but increasing 10 units of blow is very dangerous. They should increase from one by one unit, until adjusting.Start by adjusting the Lantus until you get up with good values.Tell the endocrine of putting it in the morning.

And give you a table to count rations of carbohydrates and adjust the fast units before each meal.Do you get a novorapid before all meals, right?
Ask what you want, to see if we can help you.

':)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/27/2014 12:07 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well Daniela, do not despair woman, the most important thing is to want to remedy our "bad guns" with diabetes.

If you are going to see the endocrine shortly, eat whether there are educators in diabetes in the hospital where they normally see you or in some close.
It is super interesting to learn to count carbohydrates by rations, know how to calculate your sensitivity factor and the insulin ratio by ration that your body needs at each meal.

If by chance there were no educators who teach you or go to check it with your endocrine, let me know and try to send you all the information and knowledge that they have provided to me and my classmates in the courses that have taught us at the Virgen del Hospital of the Virgen del Virgen delRocío de Sevilla.The existing medical team in the day hospital here is simply ma ran llo so.

Greetings Daniela.

carlos_flash
03/27/2014 12:09 p.m.

Hi Regina, thanks for writing first of all, look sometimes I get up with glycemias of 300 and 180 sometimes one end to the other, I have very disorganized my diabetes, I apply it for the maniana also (20 units) and I decided to applyThe night (10 more units).I do not get a novorapid before meals, only when I have more than 150. If the previous doctor explains how to correct myself 150 to 200 (2 u novorapid) 200 to 250 (4u novorapid) 250 to 300 (6u novorapid) and so on.
I have no idea what the count of carbohydrates !!

DiabetesForo
03/27/2014 6:38 p.m.

Hi Carlos, if on the 25th of this month, luckily I have to do with it, and I put myself in Campania to go to groups of diabetics that do exercises and ect ...

DiabetesForo
03/27/2014 6:40 p.m.

A question .. I started at 14 years with the NPH, then they medicated me with Lantus, at that time it was one of the best ... there are any more advanced or better ???
Another question may be in different parts of the body that insulin does more or less effect ???Let's say where do you have more fat can later the effect?

DiabetesForo
03/27/2014 6:43 p.m.

I am a smoker, I am very clear that it is very bad for diabetes since the arteries covers us, it is one of my goals to leave it but sometimes helps me in anxiety attacks, my question is ... you upload smar glycemia ???

DiabetesForo
03/27/2014 6:46 p.m.

Daniela, if you don't get a novorapid before meals, you've already said everything.
You will never be able to control your glucose levels if you do not meet fast insulin food.
You urgently need knowledge recycling.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
03/27/2014 7:16 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Hi Daniela.

I imagine that you will know that we must rotate as much as possible the insulin injection zones, to avoid what is known as "lipodystrophy", which is the hardening of the injection zone, causing the insulin bolus not to be absorbed properly.

Also comment on the endocrine and that you give you the right guidelines according to your situation in this regard.

carlos_flash
03/27/2014 7:32 p.m.

Hi Andres, I was never measured to put a novorapid before meals ... I just when I am high: -o I swear that I am entering a situation of panico

DiabetesForo
03/27/2014 7:40 p.m.

If it happened to me that parts of my belly hardened by putting me so often ..., then I started rotating them ..
I feel very bad and sad it makes more than ten years I live with this disease and I thought I knew everything and I don't know anything ... for me it was only sweet, do not smoke, do not eat so much hydrates and make physical act ....

DiabetesForo
03/27/2014 7:44 p.m.

Any diabetic can you use that famous insulin pump ???obviously being type 1 diabetes ???And about the cigarette question, could anyone tell me if glycemia goes up ???

DiabetesForo
03/27/2014 7:46 p.m.

Daniela, the best place to put the lantus is the buttock.
Putting only Lantus you will never be able to control yourself well.That insulin only covers the basal needs of the body, but quick insulin is needed to assimilate the hydrates of each meal.Find out better of all this and do contolos before and after meals.
Surely you need less Lantus and a novorapid unit for each ration of carbohydrates you eat.
Look in my firm the insulin guideline of my daughter, each diabetic is different, but you can give you an idea of ​​what is a treatment with Lantus and fast.(Humalog is equivalent to the novorapid)
I hope the endocrine knows how to give you a good treatment and really know how the lantus acts, as a flat basal insulin.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/27/2014 9:07 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina, obviously they are giving me the same opinion of getting a noirpid before meals, perfect, I understand a little more, I just found the list of foods with their gr of carbohydrates, I have to calculate according to what I am readingThe grams that I am going to consume at each meal, according to these grams is the placement of the dose of novorapid, you could tell me maso less every thing grams goes from insulin units, and it applies before eating a certain specific time as an examplean hour before lunch ... or later ??And if my food will not have hydrates churrasco with salad there is no need to put the novorapid truth .. I ask you how to have an idea ... until I can see my endocrinologist on April 25 if God wants

DiabetesForo
03/27/2014 10:03 p.m.

ahh and I think I would obviously have to put it if I am about to make a meal and I have a hypoglycemia

DiabetesForo
03/27/2014 10:05 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.