Any father/mother with a small son with a bomb?

nuriavegal's profile photo   09/18/2014 4:16 p.m.

Hello everyone....
Anyone who has controlled the nights of their dwarves with bomb, who can help me ???

nuriavegal's profile photo
nuriavegal
09/18/2014 4:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, what doubt do you have?

victorvazquez's profile photo
victorvazquez
09/18/2014 6:48 p.m.

In my case I took the .Bomb, but I can help ...

tica's profile photo
tica
09/18/2014 6:57 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello to both .....
The doubt is more despair that doubts the truth ... we have been with the bomb since mid -June and although we have improved a lot during the day, the hypos have decreased, the girl has gone from 6 daily injections to the change every three days of catheterAnd such ... the nights are still a disaster.From dinner, every day is unpredictable, or hyperglycemia in need of a corrector at two hours of dinner and early morning, or declines that we go with hydrates (yogurt) and end up in hyper with a corrector .... in short, which, whichThere is no way to be stable.He is going to do a year that debuted and the nights are still a ordeal.

He is two years old, dinner at 20:00 every day at the same time and the same dinner (3 portions), vegetable puree with potato, fish/chicken/veal + 100 cc of milk with two cookies Maria.It does not have a basal from 00:00 to 05:00 because it tends to fall in those hours, almost as long as we put a corrector bolus at 22:00, it falls at dawn and as the bolus of 22:00 is every day ifOr yes ... well, nothing, start down with delay ... to the point of giving him yogurt (1/2Ration) with the consequent rebound later at about 6, at which time you have to put another concealer.They are gradually rising the bolus of dinner, but as it is hypersensitive to insulin, as soon as they rise a little it falls and with less it is very high at two hours of dinner.At dinner we are bolus dual, 40-60 % in 2h., Its GI is 120, the sensitivity factor in dinner 300 and after dinner, any concealer is with GI 140 and FS 800, because with more, it falls....

There have been a thousand pattern changes at night and there is no way to find the key, it demonstrates hypersensitivity at night both to glucose and insulin that there is no way to control.
Is this normal in young children ???, those who use bomb, do you have these trajines at night?

Thanks for reading me ...

nuriavegal
09/18/2014 8 p.m.

Nobody??

nuriavegal
09/19/2014 2:04 p.m.

I can't help you, I don't carry a bomb ...

Let's see if tomorrow someone can give you a hand, it shows that it is weekend and people are more disconnected !!

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
09/21/2014 5 p.m.

Thank you very much ... to see if there is luck ...

nuriavegal
09/21/2014 6:09 p.m.

Yeah.Nuria, ours debuted with 18 months and Bomba from 24 months, now turned 5.The nights are very hard, we put a nurse from Monday to Friday for the two controls ... you the Dexcom ... but there is no miracle, it is hard and especially at the beginning, now we are better, not well but better.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
09/21/2014 6:31 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

On insulin guidelines you and the doctor, the rest is impossible, I see very difficult all night without insulin, there will be probable rebound.I would remove yogurt for something with less milk and less fat, the milk keeps a lot and the fats rise, changed food.Likewise, a minimum basal at night and less dual bolus, more concentrated and less fat, I would try to change cookies, the salty cookies helped us a lot, I don't know why but better than milk at night.

Papajesus1
09/21/2014 6:40 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

I understand what to fall is to have hypoglycemia.

I do not know if I have understood it well, it usually has the post high at 2 hours of dinner and if you corregis then it has hypo no?

Doubts, why do you use a dual bolus?If there are 2 hours, and the Bolus begins at 8, the glycemia of the 10 is a post, and still has 3 hours of insulin action.Have you tried not to correct?Even if you shoot in the post .... I think a possible solution is to use a normal bolus at dinner without increasing dose

tica's profile photo
tica
09/21/2014 6:41 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

It will not be comfort but we continue to change insulin guidelines, there are no miracles.Experience helps and it is true that we avoid nocturnal hypo ..... Peto the hyper of the 1 is terrible and very difficult to control.

Papajesus1
09/21/2014 6:42 p.m.

Yes Tica.I see an excessive dual bolus for night.

Papajesus1
09/21/2014 6:46 p.m.

My wife's opinion, much more expert.Advance dinner at 20.00.How late and small right to correct.The square bolus is the one that is wreaking havoc, the dual has to be less and end much earlier ..

Papajesus1
09/21/2014 6:53 p.m.

We 75 % in Bolo Normal and only 25 %.The biggest error is dinner time.You have to stabilize it before, just give it some milk at 22.00 to correct.Observing exercise, especially after dinner, there can be crazy glycemia.

Papajesus1
09/21/2014 6:59 p.m.

Eye with the catheters to us do not last more than two days, observe if the third night is worse than the first.

Papajesus1
09/21/2014 7:03 p.m.

Our strong food is at 18.30 and the right at 20.30.With so much sensitivity I changed food schedules?

Papajesus1
09/21/2014 7:12 p.m.

Hello ... I try to answer everyone.

With dual bolus at dinner we have been a month and a half-2 months, with a normal bolus at dinner, we always made hiccups at the hour and a half and if you got the bolus, it was as if the insulin did not happen, it did nothing ...So the situation was even worse, or fell (hypo) at the hour and a half of dinner or directly if we lowered the thorn in the slope the bolo of the dinner (I speak of 0.05 in 0.05, from 0.025 in 0.025...., testing several days with different doses), the bolo of the dinner did nothing.
That is why the endocrine the dual.We have gone through all types of formulas, without basal at night, with basal testing different combinations at different times and the one that fits its night "reality" by the Dexcom reports is the one that guides you has, as soon as we playworse ...

She dinner at 20:00 and after dinner she has no activity, or is directly fried because she is exhausted, she is very active in the afternoon, or asks Dibus, from 20:00 or not, the activity isSit as much.

Tica, as we are with the current bolus guideline, we have managed not to fall at 21:30, but arrives high at 22:00 (200-220), we corrected and during the two hours that go from 22: 00 to 00:00 We do not get a lot to get off, but it does not upload anymore, let's say it is maintained, because if we put more corrector it falls.At 00:00 he normally arrives between 180-210 or so and there he no longer has basal because when he has had it (0.025) they were strong hypos, with 0.025!Because his tendency is to go down from itself from 00:00 between 01:30 and 03:00 depends on the day before or after, without insulin, it starts to go down, we corrected with yogurt (we use yogurt becauseWe sleep it, to avoid waking you every night 20 times ...), usually with 1/4 or 1/2 ration is enough but at 6:00, which already has basal again from 05:00 (it is itThat it is amazing ...), it makes effect bounces the yogurt I believe, because almost every day we have to correct it, at 6 we have it again above 200 and if instead of correcting, we increase a tadThe basal, we have hypo before breakfast ... is desperate.

Anyway ... have tried infinite formulas with her, they are desperate I believe ..., for the day it is much better than with injections guideline (it is also true, that we have the Dexcom and we are continuously pending of it),But from dinner the chaos begins ...

I wrote above all to see if someone else started like this and as they have growing, the thing has been improving .....

It gives me panic when the school begins, for the day it is stable because either my husband or I are with her and very pending, when the school begins I do not know what will happen ..... Nobody will be so pending and the madnessIt will be 24 hours, instead of just at night.How do you do it at school?

Thank you all for your time.

nuriavegal
09/22/2014 10:40 a.m.

Ah!Yes, the third day of catheter is higher in general, there are times that we change it before.

nuriavegal
09/22/2014 10:41 a.m.

Ah!Another thing, forgive, when we have put bolo dual 60-40, 50-50, 70-30 ... we fall, just like when we put normal bolus, that's why the formula we use is 40-60, the normal thing is normalOn the contrary, yes, but with my daughter ... the normal thing does not work ....

nuriavegal
09/22/2014 10:44 a.m.

NuriaWe have improved, little by little and desperate, but it is true that we have improved as it grows based on being a little more stable and experience.We have a peak at 1 in the morning that we do not fix but we have improved.I would try to advance dinner.Mine dinner 5.5 rations at 18.30 and the 10.30 -portion of 2 rations.And so since childhood with fewer reactions.British schedule but we get less interference at night.I would also take 180 to go to sleep, a little high but if you can't do more ..... In this diabetes it is impossible and more so small, they are very unstable and everything affects them.

Papajesus1
09/22/2014 12:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.