Any father/mother with a small son with a bomb?

nuriavegal's profile photo   09/18/2014 4:16 p.m.

We, badly, gave him candies to continue sleeping, no longer, 3 teeth were chopped.Now we give juice and rinse it with water so as not to wake him up and not give him solid.If you do well with yogurt... Anyway you could try to give him something faster to see how he reacts and if he does not continue to go up..... although eye with the decay... I already put the leg.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
09/22/2014 12:25 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

The school ... we have achieved (I think) a sanitary monitor.... that will be another battle but I tell you that in our case it is better than expected..... for now.It has cost him to integrate, we have not taken him to school to five ..... They told us that we were crazy and the other parents looked at us with a bad face ... can only understand the one who has lived it.But it is true that in rules and behavior this a little worse than others ... now ... it is with us and we have spent a very hard stage ...... I created that you believe me in the very hard stage, butIt is done and yes, both my child and we are quite happy, although it has been a bit in bubble.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
09/22/2014 12:33 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Already ... that is another issue, that of the caries .... for now we do not have but of course, after the yogurt we did not wash his teeth for the same, for not waking him and my daughter is from dry land, I think IHe drank all the water in the world the 15 days before debuting and since then it is another odyssey that drinks water ... especially to lower glucose that comes very well, but there is no way ... asks it when the aunt is low!!:-), in short ..... What history has touched us, especially to them poor, from so small ...::

nuriavegal's profile photo
nuriavegal
09/22/2014 4:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The school gives me panic ..... His brother has 7 and we know and we are very happy with the school, but of course, a healthy child who entered with 3 in children is not the same as a child with diabetes ...., I know I can't demand a teacher who is pending Dexcom as.We are (my daughter does not manifest symptoms or overlooked, when it is low, it gets weeping, but at your age it is not something that attracts attention and when it is very unrealous, but at your age a tanthide thanchild does not have it ??).In school there is a nurse but only at noon, that is, it is useless, because I am not going to leave the dining room (I work from home), so the rest of the time who is going to take care of what is fine??, Who will be pending exclusively of her at recess with 80 children in the patio and the madness they form?Dexcom I was and she inside ...., of course, they will not allow me any of this ... and the excursions ???They will let me go !!Anyway ..... nobody knows what this is or by AsomIt is something super controllable today and without complications .... in short ....

nuriavegal
09/22/2014 5:04 p.m.

Nuriavegal,
I do not know if you know of the possibility of connecting the Dexcom to an Android device to be able to see your child's glycemia from anywhere (from your computer, a tablet, your phone or a pebble device).It is very easy to mount the system and very useful with such young children.I learned to do it in a group of diabetics/ parents of Facebook diabetics: CGM in the cloud.Ask them to admit you, the instructions are right at the beginning.If you don't speak English, let me know and I give you a hand with that.
It requires some investment in the purchase of cables, the maintenance of the basic phone (not so much about 80 euros if you do not buy the Pebble clock), and I think it is worth it.Luck.

elen's profile photo
elen
09/22/2014 9:24 p.m.

@nuriavegal, regarding school, my son has started this month and, luckily, the teacher has not been a problem in keeping the Dexcom and calling us if an alarm sounds.They have no obligation, but in the case of something "so simple" they do not usually put a problem.

@elen, the solution you indicate seems great, I just requested that they admit me in the Facebook group, I hope they do it soon and you can get control myself without depending so much on the teacher.

renoca's profile photo
renoca
09/23/2014 6:56 a.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

Hi look, I don't carry a bomb but I can give you the opinion of what I see.I think that dinner a lot of hydrate for what you say it moves after dinner, also in porridge that this is little solid and immediately rises to the blood.Then if at two hours it is high try to put the bolus at the hour and a half.If at two hours you have to prick it is high and with what you click you, you may keep it by clicking a little earlier you avoid that rise from 200 to 150 for example and you can keep it.I hope to help.

Bollicaoo's profile photo
Bollicaoo
09/23/2014 7:04 a.m.

Elen but that news is the best they have given me in a long time !!!We don't have Android mobiles but I buy one, I don't care !!!I will investigate what you say right now!And ask them to admit me!Thank you very much.
Renoca, I'm glad you have a teacher willing to help and collaborate, see if we have the same thing to us.
Bollicaoo, the palate of hydrates is put by the endocrine, I have review again shortly and I will comment, thank you very much.As for putting a bolus at the hour and a half, they do not leave us, between bolus and bolus we must leave 2 hours, whenever I ask, because we had already thought about it, they tell me no.Thanks for your help!

nuriavegal
09/23/2014 10:53 a.m.

Elen, they have already added me to the FB group.I have started reading the guide, but I have not understood well, the girl would have to take the Dexcom receiver and an Android phone or a pebble watch, right ??This phone or the Pebble watch would be the ones who would dump the Dexcom data to the Internet so that I can access from my phone or tablet from home.Is so?I understood it well?How do you use it?Where have you acquired the cables and the clock if you use it?Thank you very much.

nuriavegal
09/23/2014 11:26 a.m.

Hello again, the phone (Android has to be) is the one that is connected to the receiver, it transmits the information to the software in the cloud, and the parents can access the data from their own phone, tablet, computer or from the Pebble.If the child is older, he can carry the pebble placed and be more "discreet" (my friend's son with 11 years takes him like this and is more comfortable, although he continues to carry close, in his backpack I think, the receiver and the phone).I would start by buying the most basic and cheap Android phone, or even asking to see if someone close has one who no longer uses.
I tell you the truth, I don't use it (they still know).I read the instructions willing to do it for me (I am the T1 diabetics, not my children and I thought I could help my husband to take a look at the glycemia occasionally), but I ended up deciding that I preferred to stay with him with himreceiver.Of course, if I had a small diabetic son, it didn't take five minutes to start it (it seems to be paid).

elen's profile photo
elen
09/23/2014 6:51 p.m.

Thank you Elen, I have answered you to the message.

nuriavegal
09/23/2014 7:09 p.m.

I am already in the Facebook group and it is very simple to ride, yes, because I am lucky to be a computer.
This same weekend I will try to start, I already have everything necessary.
I will tell you how it has gone and, to achieve it, I will open a new topic to try to explain how to do it in Spanish and with a less technical language.

I will keep you informed.

renoca's profile photo
renoca
09/24/2014 3:34 p.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)

Hello Renoca, I am informing myself but I am not lucky to be computer science.What mobile are you going to try it?

nuriavegal
09/24/2014 6:43 p.m.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 that I don't use too much.I will do it with that, but there are alternatives from 90 euros that also serve.
As I tell you, if everything goes well, I will personally take care that all the information and the steps to follow are available in this forum.

renoca's profile photo
renoca
09/24/2014 8:20 p.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)

Hello, about mobile phones as you have on the page, the requirement is that you have OTG and an OTG cable (that cable costs 1 euro, is universal), but even fulfilling this, there are terminals that do not work.On the page I think there is a list of what they have tried ... I am in contact with a person who has it working (Russia) and the first mobile that he bought did not work.That said, id a fixed shot asking if someone has it working.

On the connection options, the system is a bit "lious" and delicate by the connectors, but there are already people who are curing with 3D printers the supports, to avoid any damage to the USB connector, and be able to carry both devices together.

Of course it seems evident that Dexcom's next step would be to put a sim and "emit" directly ... but as that can be quite lying technically (and not everyone wants it), croe that the following would be to put a simple bluetooth to emitto the mobile (and this hangs the data in "the cloud") and even with a smart watch, by Bluetooth, be able to see the measurements without taking it out of the pocket.

Of course, what is clear is that the following advances go there.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
09/25/2014 6:16 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Good .... proof over !!!!, everything comes perfectly explained, we have not had any problem to start it, the tutorials include step by step videos of how it does everything.You just have to ask them to add to the Facebook group and follow the instructions.
Since yesterday, we see my daughter's Dexcom data from any mobile, tablet, laptop or device, the 6 meters of "coverage" are over !!!In our case, the investment has been bought from a motorola Moto G and a Micro Usb Macho / USB OTG Micro Cable, at the moment we are using the Wi -Fi at my parents' house and ours, but we have already requested an internet rate cardBasic of € 7/month, in order to access the data when it is not in a place with WiFi, for example in the park with the grandparents.What tranquility to see yourself as it is continuously ...

If someone else is encouraged and has any doubt, that I ask me without problem.

nuriavegal
09/27/2014 10:28 p.m.

Renoca, how are you?Surely you have it too, because everything is very well explained.

nuriavegal
09/27/2014 10:30 p.m.

Guay!To have it on the easy bedside table, but when you go out there ... how will you do not break the connector?

The mobile that receives the data, does it have alarms?This for parents is wonderful

tica's profile photo
tica
09/28/2014 10:14 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello, congratulations! You can already be much calmer anywhere (the following connect the Pebble).For the covers, they are already working on the project ... and in fact, some have already been sold, such as the ones I put you.The first only for the Dexcom (protects the connector, which is fragile) and the second - there are some video - are already personalized, in this case, it is to put the Dexcom on the one hand, and on the other, the mobile, everythingin a "block" and protected.Until now, authentic juggling with "Eva" (Foam) and the like.This is a great advance, and although it is still great, it is already transportable (the ideal is clear, the Dexcom that begins to broadHe already carries the Bluetooth ready to work).

Another advance that comes to us (not diabetes, of course) is the 3D impression ... and these supports are HCHOS with them.Possibly they will release the vector drawing so that each one prints (or pays a service to do it) or directly if there is business, they will start selling them (although it is minority).

greetings

PD: The blue case, the Dexcom receiver is set up, it is seen that by using a USB 90 grades connector ... it is seen that its position would be a straight USB by the top, protected to avoid folds.

pabloj2000
09/28/2014 1:28 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

More photos (taken from the Nightcout Project forum).I think you are going to have to get a 3D printer :).Of course, it is the next step in "integration" (in the absence of the activation of the Bluetooth of the receiver, which would be ideal and would not be necessary cables ... or because no, a receiver dedicated to the people who need "the cloud"-Padres mainly- to which the SIM is put and already transmitted).

Greetings

pabloj2000
09/28/2014 1:38 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.