{'en': 'Diabetes and pregnancy', 'es': 'Diabetes y embarazo'} Image

Diabetes and pregnancy

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/17/2012 11:30 a.m.

aruky said:
good to all.I wanted to make a query.I want to start looking for the second pregnancy shortly and although I already went through this 4 years ago I am as if it were the first time.I currently have hemoglobin in 6.3 and I would like to know your opinion to get pregnant with that value.When I had my son, he was not scheduled and had the hemo in 7.5 and during pregnancy he went down to 6.4 maximum and yet my endocrine and my educator told me that it was not bad being not exceeding 7 .... Do you think the same ???The fact is that I try to lower the hem even more but I have asymptomatic hypoglycemia and I have lost to knowledge so I think that perhaps with the levels I have they are correct for pregnancy without risking more.I don't know, I think that no matter how much I try to lower it, my fucking!

I am also preparing.The last time was at 6.9 but with declines ... so it doesn't tell me much.This week they have put the Medtronic sensor, and I already had the 640g bomb, so I hope to lower the short -term value, although it also resists me.
To me with the figure of 6.9 they told me that I was not so bad, but that it had to go down more.

Viacca's profile photo
Viacca
05/24/2019 8:21 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@VIACCA If I remember that in my first pregnancy my hemo was 7.2 and if they told me both endo and educator that would download it from 7 and that if you kept me below 7 it would be fine and although my goal was to lower it as much as I never reachedmore than 6.4, which is already an achievement knowing the lack of controls with hormones and ups and downs that you notice during pregnancy .. In this second I want to try to stay as low as possible to take that advanced and so during pregnancy if I have to striveEven more than it doesn't cost me so much.

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
05/28/2019 11:30 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7
Toujeo 14 (23:30)
Ultima Hemo: 6.6 (29/01/20)
Freestyle Libre desde 06/2019

Hello girls, a question.Does anyone know how delicate the thyroid is in pregnancy?It is that I understand a lot of diabetes but thyroid rather little.It came out during my first pregnancy and I already stayed as a life partner (another one behind my back :) And the case is that I have always taken medication to control it and in my last analytical they told me that I had the level a bad pelin pk isAs if I had taken more account doses, so the dose lowered me and they have told me to repeat the analytics in a month.The fact is that I want this month to start the search (I am interested in this date for labor issues) and since I do not understand much of this I do not know if the type of thyroid mismatch is bad for the search or what consequences you can have ... I am aLost pelin with that since I know that with a high hemoglobin is not good to get pregnant but of a thyroid imba (I imagine that it is hyper since I have it high due to excess medication as they explained to me).If someone who has more knowledge could explain a pelin on this topic I would appreciate it :)

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
05/30/2019 11:32 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

aruky said:
Hello girls, a question.Does anyone know how delicate the thyroid is in pregnancy?It is that I understand a lot of diabetes but thyroid rather little.It came out during my first pregnancy and I already stayed as a life partner (another one behind my back :) And the case is that I have always taken medication to control it and in my last analytical they told me that I had the level a bad pelin pk isAs if I had taken more account doses, so the dose lowered me and they have told me to repeat the analytics in a month.The fact is that I want this month to start the search (I am interested in this date for labor issues) and since I do not understand much of this I do not know if the type of thyroid mismatch is bad for the search or what consequences you can have ... I am aLost pelin with that since I know that with a high hemoglobin is not good to get pregnant but of a thyroid imba (I imagine that it is hyper since I have it high due to excess medication as they explained to me).If someone who has more knowledge could explain a pelin on this topic I would appreciate it :)

The thyroid accompanies me since I debuted in 2009 and I have always had it controlled with the pill.In my last review, exactly what I did.I had the values ​​at the limit because I was taking more doses and we started with a lower one, I have not yet done the analyzes to check the range, but comment on how the thyroid affects the search for pregnancy and being inside the rangeAnd controlled I would not have more risk, being outside I don't know how it will affect, I would do the analytics.

Viacca's profile photo
Viacca
05/31/2019 9:21 a.m.

Thank you @VIACCA, I do have the analytics on the 6th, so that my endocrine sees it, I saw myself on May 13 and already emphasized that I wanted to look for pregnancy this summer and x that I send me an analytical one again but this time only thyroidsince it does as more than a month that they changed the dose to a lower one.Do you think that the levels could already be lowered and being correct again?

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
05/31/2019 10:16 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

Hello!I have written before in other threads, but I present myself, I have type 1 diabetes for 13 years, currently I have no good control, 8.2 HBA1C, I have dexcom g5 that helps me a lot, but they changed me to Toujeo 7 months ago and I can't control it, the previous review told me the endocrine that did not put insulin bomb.Two months ago of that review and I have not improved, according to Dexcom, the Hemo has uploaded.My consultation is because I want to consider pregnancy, but I wanted to know if when you plan pregnancy and not control myself with the insulin bolis, I would be a bomb candidate, I'm from Badajoz.

Thank you.

Soniii's profile photo
Soniii
06/02/2019 11:15 a.m.

Hi @Soniii I understand that the pump provides it more quickly to pregnant women, but with that hemoglobin it is not advisableAll possible.With those values ​​that you have means that there are high values ​​that can be harmful to the baby.

sil's profile photo
sil
06/02/2019 6:34 p.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

Hello!@sil Sii, my hemo is not adequate, but if I wantAnd it was in case I want to prepare, it would be easier.I don't know if here in Badajoz the criteria are the same as in the rest, I suppose yes.I consider regulating and looking for pregnancy in a year if I could, but with the Toujeo and Novorapid it is hard for me to be fine.Thank you!

Soniii's profile photo
Soniii
06/02/2019 6:46 p.m.

Well, I don't know if asking the pregnancy would facilitate it ... why have they told you not to put it @Ssoniii?🤔

sil's profile photo
sil
06/02/2019 8:24 p.m.

aruky said:
thanks @viacca, if I have the analytics on day 6, so that my endocrine sees it, he saw me on May 13 and already emphasized that I wanted to look for pregnancy this summerAnd that I send me an analytical again but this time only thyroid since it does as more than a month that they changed the dose to a lower one.Do you think I could already break down the levels and be correct again?

It may be that with just over 1 month you already notice the results, anyway you have little to see the analyzes.I have the endocrine appointment with analysis on the 27th of this month and I am also aware of my value with the new pill.Surely we have it in rank!

Viacca's profile photo
Viacca
06/04/2019 8:02 a.m.

soniii said:
hello!I have written before in other threads, but I present myself, I have type 1 diabetes for 13 years, currently I have no good control, 8.2 HBA1C, I have dexcom g5 that helps me a lot, but they changed me to Toujeo 7 months ago and I can't control it, the previous review told me the endocrine that did not put insulin bomb.Two months ago of that review and I have not improved, according to Dexcom, the Hemo has uploaded.My consultation is because I want to consider pregnancy, but I wanted to know if when you plan pregnancy and not control myself with the insulin bolis, I would be a bomb candidate, I'm from Badajoz.

Thank you.

Hello, in my case, in Mérida I got the pump through pregnancy preparation, they also usually approve it faster than other patients who are not looking for it.I take it since December and the continuous measurement sensor two weeks ago, and it is wonderful.I have lowered my hem from 7.3 to 6.7 in such a short time.I have to keep going down but so much more motivated.
Try it and propose that before the end of the year or at most at the beginning of the other your idea is to look for pregnancy.

Viacca's profile photo
Viacca
06/04/2019 8:05 a.m.

@Sil who was not a candidate for her, who expects me to stabilize with the changes.In the next appointment I ask him again.And I tell him that I want to look for pregnancy when he is fine.

Soniii's profile photo
Soniii
06/04/2019 8:28 p.m.

@VIACCA Thank you very much!I will do that, I will tell you that I want to plan the pregnancy, my idea is for next year, I think I will stabilize at that time with the bomb.What steps are once the pump approves?Learning ??
Thank you!

Soniii's profile photo
Soniii
06/04/2019 8:32 p.m.

sonii said:
@viacca thank you very much!I will do that, I will tell you that I want to plan the pregnancy, my idea is for next year, I think I will stabilize at that time with the bomb.What steps are once the pump approves?Learning ??
Thanks!

They give you some days of training, depending on how you handle yourself with it and how fast the operation is caught.Once the doctor is finished, he is the one who connects the pump and puts the values.In principle, as you have to change it every 3 days, the first changes are in the hospital accompanied and then on your own.You have to work hard to lower the values, not everything is the bomb ... and at the beginning until there is an lack of control.With the pump it is improved, but when you notice the improvement is with the sensor linked to the pump.The sensor could 15 days ago and delighted, it is still early to notice so many changes, but the hypoglycemia and the appearance of ketone bodies are reduced a lot.At the moment I am at 6.7, at the end of the month I have an appointment and I hope to continue.

Viacca's profile photo
Viacca
06/06/2019 11:49 a.m.

Hello girls.I have finally put the free ... see how it is doing.I hope that PK always listens to good comments .. The analytics k had pending to make me on thyroid has already come out. I have it at 0.33 and apparently the minimum is 0.35 so it is almost already in its place ... it is good newsFor my plans.How do you see the thing?Do you think that I could start the search?

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
06/10/2019 3:06 p.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

aruky said:
Hello girls.I have finally put the free ... see how it is doing.I hope that PK always listens to good comments .. The analytics k had pending to make me on thyroid has already come out. I have it at 0.33 and apparently the minimum is 0.35 so it is almost already in its place ... it is good newsFor my plans.How do you see the thing?Do you think that I could start the search?

I see it perfect! Besides that you never know when it can come and in the meantime to continue with good controls!
My appointment with the endocrine is on the 27th with the blood tests, and waiting for good results

Viacca's profile photo
Viacca
06/11/2019 10:10 a.m.

@VIACCA you will see that the great results come out.Every effort then has its reward.Although I am sincere to you, all this control does not take it with my first child but we can be tb, it could not yet be thyroid only diabetes and it was well regulated.With this pregnancy I want to program it well but that difficult and k of pegas you find the way (which almost none is usually of illness) gives me the feeling that they do not kieWe control us more usually.Ufff

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
06/11/2019 10:46 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

aruky said:

As a personal advice, I would tell you that now that you have the free and you will be able to control yourself more, try to lower your glycosylated before starting with the search for pregnancy.I think I remember that you had it in 8, it is a high value for a pregnancy.Think that although you look prepared, that glyc means that for periods of time you have high glycemia, that is very harmful to a baby and you could cause damage.Comment to your endocrine what you think, but we would wait to have a little more control with the Free, it is easier to lower it.

sil's profile photo
sil
06/11/2019 5:05 p.m.

Hi @sil !!How are you.Luckily my hemo is not 8 ... in my last analytical k it was in May it was 6.3 !!That is why I decided to start looking otherwise I would expect to lower it even more ... I evenWith a young effort.

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
06/11/2019 6 p.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

aruky said:
hello @sil !!How are you.Luckily my hemo is not 8 ... in my last analytical k it was in May it was 6.3 !!That is why I decided to start looking otherwise I would expect to lower it even more ... I evenwith a young effort.

6.3% is very good 😊 I thought it was higher, if so you should not have a problem having the approval of your endocrine: wink:

sil's profile photo
sil
06/11/2019 6:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.