Diabetes and pregnancy

Sahori's profile photo   02/09/2009 8:01 a.m.

Thanks Aran,
Tomorrow I tell you what the educator tells me ... Let's see when I start the training.
A kiss

sweety's profile photo
sweety
03/15/2010 12:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I bought only an accessory to put the pump, it is a black league that has a bag to put the pump, I use it only when I wear a dress and if this is narrow above, if I do not always take it engaged to the bra, nothing is noted (of course I have a 90 ... 8)) But that not all fasteners serve because there are some that the bomb shows a mogollón, you will realize which they come better ...

paula's profile photo
paula
03/15/2010 5:25 p.m.

Uff, thanks Paula, but I think that in the bra for me it would be unfeasible ... (Toy flat as a table: Oops :)
Aran!Well, we are going to be bomber at the same time !!!The educator who calls me to start the first Wednesday after Easter.That day they will give us course and we took the pump home (without connect) to go through it.Then two other Wednesdays of formation and the third you have been connected ...
Finally light along the way.
Kisses

sweety's profile photo
sweety
03/16/2010 3:14 p.m.

Hello. I have two children of 4 and 5 years. During the pregnancies my hemoglobin was 5.5, I had so many of children that it has been the stage that my diabetes has most controlled (I have not had it again: Oops: Oops:), In addition my educator scared me a lot ... I had them so often for the sameNo problem. Takeness above all, because everything affects creatures, not only the bad control and dedication to my belly and my sugar.
A kiss.

cakemgia's profile photo
cakemgia
03/16/2010 4:05 p.m.

I'm glad Sweety, so we can tell each other the first experiences with the bomb on par!
I do not see the day ..., I just hope it is easy for us and we can put ourselves to it as soon as possible!
a kiss

Aran's profile photo
Aran
03/17/2010 3:12 a.m.

Hi Sweety and CIA.

Thanks for your advice.

As for the girls, they gave me a 2: 30h course for handling, then another day for the portions and already.I carry the bomb between the two breasts, the truth is that it almost neither shows and then the catheter in the ass.

Since I wrote in this forum, the subject has changed me, they don't give me hypos because I don't leave them, I'm doing controls and when I'm 80 drink juice.This is fine, right ??If I do not notice the hypos, the fetus note ???Jo, how many doubts and concerns I have.I have to go to endo every week to see how I carry it, I think we will see.

Kisses to all !!!

MASIERRA's profile photo
MASIERRA
03/22/2010 8:13 p.m.

Hello Masierra,
Sorry not to have answered before.I have been in bed all week in angina that have left me total cao.How ugly.But I'm almost good.
Let's see, I think that with 80 you rush with the juice.80 is a good value, it is not low.If it is constant (that is, it will happen to you daily, you must review the insulin) a.Now it is very important that you go, not only pointing the values, but taking a look to see if you have to modify your insulin.During pregnancy you will have to be doing constantly.
The descents do notice the fetus and are in fact quite dangerous for him.But quiet, I had a 26 and here I have it in the crib.I was very scared because it did not move, it was 20 weeks, it was early and we gave it with my hand and nothing, it did not move, I was very scared.In the end, at dawn, I told my husband, if he does not move from here to half an hour we march to emergency.Well, we were dating the street door and the uncle began to kick like an energetto try to be as well as possible.
Let's see what the doctor tells you, you tell us and you know ask what you want.

sweety's profile photo
sweety
03/27/2010 4:08 p.m.

Hello girls, I just came from the consultation, they have made me hemoglobin and I have 7.5, I have to keep down it !!The idea is from here to put the bomb on 04/20, reach 7. I am happy because I know that I can get it, but I have had a conversation with the doctor about the consequences of pregnancy in my diabetes, which sometimes makes youdoubt whether you are doing the right thing by planning a pregnancy or if I should forget about it.
I am so afraid that progress in the eyes!
According to her, it not only depends on glycemic control during pregnancy but on other factors such as circulation, lack of oxygen in the eyes, ... all this can do that proliferative retinopathy that I have progress.
It is not the same to consider a diabetic pregnancy without having any complication, to consider it when you already have a damaged view !!
Lately I am quite sensitive with the theme of the chrios, I do nothing but see pregnant women everywhere and think that it is easy to be when you do not have to consider this kind of thing!

Aran's profile photo
Aran
03/30/2010 9:57 a.m.

hello again,
It seems that this section is a bit stopped but good !!Simply tell you that I already have the bomb, they just placed it today.
I feel rare, I do nothing but look at her, I imagine that in a few weeks I will not remember that I wear it !!
I have managed to lower the hemoglobin to 6.9 while I waited for the pump, so I hope that now I can download another little !!

Aran's profile photo
Aran
04/20/2010 9:54 a.m.

Congratulations Aran !!!!
I cost me a little to get used to her (more than a month) but it happens, then it happens and you don't even realize that it is there;)
Greetings!

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
04/20/2010 4:21 p.m.

Anapp

Hello !!I am Natalia de Rosario, Santa Fe Argentina ... I have diabetes 20 years ago and I have 30 years ... I really have a little disturbed, for now we have not decided to look for a child ... but, as that idea goesGoing around, I really worry a lot ... my ups and downs ... my instability ... I have very high values ​​of 500 or 400 and at 12 hours I can have 40 or 50, the truth is my mood is terrible, distressed, irritating... I don't know what to do!AID!
I use a month ago the lantus 30 in the morning, 6 at noon and 4 at night, since I do not find better form and correct with Apidra ...

natalia's profile photo
natalia
05/17/2010 10:40 a.m.

Natalia, I have answered you on the other topic.
I have a question: do you get Apidra for meals or do you only use it as correction?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/17/2010 11:45 a.m.

It is not surprising that you have that lack of control, Lantus's doses should be unique or at most in two punctures and always, always put yourself in the meals according to intake and blood glucose before eating.If you intend to cover meals with Lantus you never have good control, it is a big mistake because it is an insulin that only serves as basal.

DiabetesForo
05/17/2010 12:19 p.m.

My mother, I had not noticed that nonsense.Lantus for meals.What kind of doctor has that prescribed?

DiabetesForo
05/17/2010 1:47 p.m.

Hi Alea, I'm Natalia ... I tell you that it seems to me that my doctor burn the papers, he no longer knows what he does with me, I actually put me only Lantus in the morning 30 and night 6 because it seemed that I did notI reached ... very very high at night as 500 that does not even be good for more good ... as it is coming and I was looking at me realWe decided to put a little as soon as I slow and if it is necessary100 ... and before a minimum emotional change (a minimum discussion) goes up like crazy .... I am really stunned, I no longer understand why she is so labil, so so changing, so terrible ... I assure you that I don't knowBe calm .... I live in the

natalia's profile photo
natalia
05/17/2010 7:46 p.m.

But, Natalia do you get Apidra before meals?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/17/2010 9:32 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Natalia. You have diet for rations?to complement it quickly.
all the best

cakemgia's profile photo
cakemgia
05/18/2010 3:41 a.m.

Natalia, Lantus only serves as a basal, that means that for any hydrate you eat you have to get apidra, first it would be to adjust the lantus well, as long as you do not do that you will continue to be "labile" as you say, you will be a roller coaster.If your doctor does not know how to handle insulin I think you should change, the endocrine is the one who has to guide you.

DiabetesForo
05/18/2010 4:21 a.m.

Hello!I'm Natalia de Rosario once again !!While I change the doctor, do I ask them a question ... what time do the basal lantus put?I tell you one more chub ... now it seems that I improve and ... nothing!For example ... I had in these last days ... low low in the morning: 50, 48, 62 ... and at noon Re: 75, 89, 90 ... always before eating ... and to theNochecita ... Type 7 and30 in the afternoon ... 360, 400, 290 ... They realize? I don't want to reach that value and so I suppose I have to lower it before ... or rather keep it ... go up duringThe afternoon, when I'm working ... and upload a lot ofoooooooo!That is why I ask at what time the lantus apply that you think should do, I assure you that I am with my doctor and I will not go to another, I ask you why your proposals reassure me ... help me ...
I thought ... I put 30 lantus in the morning and I arrived well at noon ... I wouldn't try to add apidra ... (at least that's what my doctor told me) said & lt;.that I get up apidra if I have more than 200 before lunch but no ... but as we know the two that then climbs and we decided there, at noon to put on (now he told me) 10 more of the Lantus ... and continue... (as if it does not end) ... and when I measure me at night I noticI believe it but I need to tell me their experience although we are not the same and I know that each one is particular ...
And ... I say Labil since ... when I am to menstruate I climb it is a quilombo ... when I like a somewhat tense situation in my garden teacher's labur ... I get up ... in the end I have to correctBut when I live than when certain hydrates ...
I make a diet that I consider it good, I do not respect anything written like this ... as every four hours or so ... like healthy, nothing sweet, few hydrates, a lot of fruit ... I always salad for many colors ...Good ... kisses and my thousand gras !!!
Natalia

natalia's profile photo
natalia
05/22/2010 12:02 a.m.

If your doctor has told you that, it is an absolute ignorant.Change doctor or kill you.

Read well and slowly what I'm going to tell you:

Lantus is a basal insulin.That means that it only covers insulin needs without eating.If you are fine, you don't touch the lantus.

For meals, you always have to get Apidra, even if you are well on an empty stomach, because Lantus does not cover your meals.The amount of Apidra is what you have to vary, according to the glycemia you have before starting and according to the rations you are going to eat.

And change doctor.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
05/22/2010 10:21 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.