Diabetes and pregnancy

Sahori's profile photo   02/09/2009 8:01 a.m.

Hello to see, this goes for those that are Valencia, at least in regard to Valencia Province, the insulin bombs in most of the city's hospitals (the faith, the clinic, Dr. Peset) are putting them, I know it I know girls who take them and visit them endocrine of these centers and in case you do not belong to these centers, it is that they refer you to them for the subject of pregnancy - bomb since they are giving priority to women qThey want to get pregnant and want to improve previous hemoglobins and during pregnancy.
There is no more leafy turn, since if you work with Lantus and make you return to the mixtures or NPH everything you had won (PQ must recognize that everyone when passing to Lantus improves) you lose it, both in quality of lifeas in glycemia (Hipos -Hiper -Hiper of hiccups ...............) in short.
With the pump it is much easier but requires training of months (calculation of rations, adjustments with the bowling, basal ...) I want to say that you do not put the pump and the matter improves in 3 weeks (of that nothing).

Greetings and Ale Pa´Ante, always forward.

tomita's profile photo
tomita
10/24/2009 8:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Tomita, I don't know if you understand you well but here is my answer :) You are right that you need to learn long before the bomb is not three weeks, no, no but for you to put the pump they are not three weeksA process Laaargo (in my case) that gives you plenty of time to learn.Anyway all these things, carbohydrate counting, etc. You have the bomb or not improve your life?
All the best.

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
10/30/2009 11:10 a.m.

Anapp

Hello Ana
Tomita refers to the fact that they are not the same insulin units with boli as with a bomb.

If you control the HC now you will have to adjust them to the new units of measure with the pump, especially the basal, in addition to the disconnection programs, square bolus ...

The Lantus is the poor pump :)): Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/31/2009 6:45 a.m.

Owash, explained it perfectly, also cost me a little the subject of the PQ rations I have been in diabetes for many years and learned the issue of diet a taco of years ago, based on HC and Ojimetro + own experience (which isWhat was carried away by those tacos of years, that I still began to prick the first days with glass syringe ... well that are other issues that I will leave for another day hehehe Caray that memories accumulate me ... jijiji ehh butDo not believe, that I went from the first to use the insulin pen in Spain because it was within a test group before launching the new advance to the market, then my endocrine was very put on the subject ... total that when I changedOf endocrine (for reasons that do not come to the case, that will be in another chapter) I had to start in the world of portions, (which I assure you is an advance and although diabetes remains the same the advances are to improve).

Alee greetings

PD How can I put down my type -hemoglobin data ....?Nor is it wonderful but it's not bad.

tomita's profile photo
tomita
11/01/2009 4:01 p.m.

We expect those chapters, Tomita: D

The changes in your profile can be made in "User Control Panel" (above, to the left of this window) there you can put the signature you want and change the data you think appropriate.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/01/2009 5:46 p.m.

Ohhh Tomita because we are the same group !!I also remember the glass syringes hahaha my mother boiled after home use!And the urine strips that had to be compared to the colors of the Ufff bottle ... What times !!I also remember that there was not a single sugarless caramel and the less carbohydrate counting, nor bottled water (to buy you when I thirsty in the street), nor coca cola light, I remember that they only made glycemias onceA month when I visited my doctor who was in internal medicine because there were not even endocrine hehe what times.I better shut up because it can be creepy

Owash, that the lantus is the bomb of the poor I liked hehe

Greetings.

Ana Poppe
11/03/2009 10:27 a.m.

Anapp

Sisi that timesssssssssssss we should raise an issue on the memories of the veteraosssssssssss hehe, to say the ones that are more novel that is a roll to whiteBecton Dickinson with the insulin blister so that it does not warm up and the prepared syringe?Carayyyy.
And your first glucometer?Mine was a white brick guy who touched shortly after debuting in a talk about diabetes and costI say and have to go seal the lines to the inspector and ......
ahh and before the Coca Light there was already the blessed tab Tab what happened is that it cost a lot to find it but I already knew the bars DD had it ahh and tb of that time I love water with gas with gas (at least I had bubbles whatI took me)
Jo how many advances we have achieved to me almost 25 years ago that I was going to carry a Pump and well I cannot say that I would not have believed it because I always had confidence in that they would come out better over time, and total as this diabetes is forAlwaysThat, especially now that I read the forums with the parents of diabetic nanos that Stress, I do not remember so stressful when I was a girl -adolescent, it is more stress me much more now today .. Well I am going to stop and wander.Ale until another time.

tomita's profile photo
tomita
11/04/2009 4:19 p.m.

Ohhh I remember the cork case hahaha I had already forgotten!

The first glucometer I had to live it differently ... I only had my internal medicine doctor and as I said, I did the test every time I went to his consultation hehe later they gave me one in a camp in North America that, as you say, took it, it tookApproximately 1 or 2 min in reading the result but was very small similar to a pen.

The Tab does not conscious but it sounds a lot about the water with gas that only sold it in luxury restaurants hahaha and only took it at Christmas.

Many advances today, but we continue with diabetes and always, I have always heard it "the cure is already close" have passed, for me, 24 years with diabetes and I follow that if, more comfortable without hesitation;).

I have also thought of a life without diabetes but I can't imagine it at all, it is not that diabetes prevents me from doing my things but I would like a cure especially so that it no longer affects children.Nor, like you, it was traumatic for me because I started with 7 years is a fact that parents suffer more, of that sure.And I also stress me more now than 15 years ago haha

Greetings!We could put a post of "experiences of yesteryear with diabetes" it is funny to remember them and surprise for many: shock :.

Ann.

Ana Poppe
11/05/2009 6:22 a.m.

Anapp

Ok would be fun, or at least he smiles you hehe;I was when I debuted to some colonies that I think it was the or better that then happened with my disease because from the beginning I manage diabetes, I think I remember that my logical parents watched me more than nothing insulin theme. (My mother hasconfessed years after I watched me at night) .. but neither do you believe, I mean that I was quite autonomous or to the mensColonies were great and I always recommend them to people when he debuts is age that he is going to the association of diabetics proximal PQ are those who are usually responsible for organizing these things, at least they provide you with good and truthful information that we need.

greetings and you know how to create that section what do you say?

tomita's profile photo
tomita
11/05/2009 8:40 a.m.

The moms and their great work ... how much we owe them.

Do not Tomita, the truth is that that section is not created ... it will be a matter of trying and putting the subject as if it were a new discussion :)

Ana Poppe
11/06/2009 8:45 a.m.

Anapp

Hello everyone,

I am new and I see that you are very expert in the subject, I also since 16 years ago, but where I debut it is on the subject of pregnant.

I have become pregnant, I'm just 5 weeks, they gave me green light in September 2008, but I didn't stay, until I finally stayed.My last analytical is 7.1, my endocrine says that I don't worry, but of course I see you with a 5-6 hemo, and I really don't know what to think.I get bad thoughts on my head, such as if something will happen to the baby.I could answer someone who has become pregnant with this hemo ????

Thank you so much,

P.D. I don't know what we would do if these pages did not exist where we vent.

greetings,

MASIERRA's profile photo
MASIERRA
03/11/2010 6:12 p.m.

Hello,
In case my experience of something serves you, I am type 1 diabetics (17 years of evolution and very careless during most of them).When I wanted to get pregnant, my endo told me that hemo would have to be at 6. With 6.3 I gave me green light.Now they say that below 7. (With 7.1 I don't think you should alarm, take everything if it is a hem being stable, that is, not with sudden rise and low -down peaks) anyway, to be controlled a lot and maintain it.
During pregnancy, I was with the lowest hem in 5.3 and the highest in 7.3 in the last quarter.Before getting pregnant I used Lantus.They changed me when I got pregnant to the other and it went fatal to me.I said that I wanted to return to the Lantus, he told me that he could not because he was not open ... (this was in Andalusia).I was informing myself because my controls went from bad to worse and I was very overwhelmed and worried.I have two acquaintances in pharmaceutical companies.They both told me the same.A medication cannot be tested in risk populations (pregnant women are considered in this group) and therefore, passing a medication during pregnancy can be a long time work, since it is done based on voluntary groups that occurTo those studies.I went to a private endo (I wanted his opinion simply), he also works on Social Security, I tell him to return to the Lantus because I was phenomenal.He told me that he was not approved ... Then I asked him ... if we were drinking coffee and wondered it to you?And his answer was that the important thing in pregnancy is to be very controlled.So I went to the endocrine and firm a role that gave me.Use the Lantus.And if now I became pregnant (I hope not, my hem is now fatal) would use it again.
Ah, I forgot, my baby has 10 mesecillos, he is healthy and made a bug.He was born with hypoglycemia, something quite common in diabetic mothers babies, but in two days he regulated.Kisses and any questions in pregnancy, here I am.Kisses

sweety's profile photo
sweety
03/12/2010 7:24 a.m.

Hello everyone!
I already have a date for the pump!On the 7th I start with the educator for 6 days and 20 they place it.I think I am dying because I have been changed to Insuk less than a month, (I took the lantus) and I can't get this to improve anything, so I hope that with the bomb can lower the hemog to be able to consider a future pregnancy,The last instead of getting off I had climbed from 7.4 to 7.9 and that I am pending!

We will continue fighting right?

Aran's profile photo
Aran
03/12/2010 8:35 a.m.

Of course, Aran.
You will see how with the bomb you improve a lot.

Health

DiabetesForo
03/12/2010 9:33 a.m.

I'm a lot of aran !!!Well, we are still going with the pump more or less at the same time.I see the educator on Tuesday, what I don't know is how much training will last and how they do it.
What a guay ... You'll see how we lower the hemo !!!!!!!!!

A kiss

sweety's profile photo
sweety
03/12/2010 2:30 p.m.

Wow, how many bombs here !!!!!:)) I'm glad Mogollón for you, really

paula's profile photo
paula
03/14/2010 5:54 p.m.

Sweety, I tell you a little how they have planned it,
On April 7 diet by portions.
12,13,14,15 and 19 pump learning
The 20 place it
The 23 changed my catheter
The 27 Consult.

I already want, they also changed my insuulatard's Lantus meanwhile, and I don't finish catching it.
I have been told that with the bomb there are a lot of accessories that you have to buy to be able to put it on different places depending a little on the clothes that you carry.

Aran's profile photo
Aran
03/15/2010 3:49 a.m.

Thanks Aran, I already did the course of rations.Although I already used the system, the review did not come badly.And well, let's tell me tomorrow.
The accessories, depends on the pump model or is that generic?And where can you see?Are they very expensive?Jo, I just fry you to questions in a moment ...

sweety's profile photo
sweety
03/15/2010 9:03 a.m.

Hello Masierra,

I have been with diabetes for 22 years, I have 2 children, both pregnancies have gone well and not with bookmoods of book, in the 2nd pregnancy I have been with 6.8 and 7.4, I know with a 7.2 hemo, I went down in the first quarter andIn the 2nd and the 3rd subi, the only "worst" is K Guillermo was very big 4300 the uncle :)) But I am also having big children, the greatest was born with 3800 6 weeks before time, the Peke was born 3 weeksBefore (the very damn no longer entered;))
Do not overwhelm, take it easy, try to lower the hemo but the important thing (or so my endocrine says) is k the controls are more or less stable, it does not matter in pregnancy you stabilize in 7.5, better that k not a 6.5 withAsses and down k is the most damage to the baby.

Congratulations on pregnancy !!!!!!!And the rest for when you leave it ????????

DiabetesForo
03/15/2010 9:15 a.m.

I still don't know much, the other day I went to consult the nurse and asked where the bomb was used to place, and she explained that there was a lot of accessories to use, that I would already give me a pamfleto where they taught you thedifferent options.
As soon as I know something more about the subject, I let you know, but until April 7, I start with education, I don't think they give me anything.
Nor do I know the bomb mark, but it has gotten me on the Internet and I think it is the minimed, it sounds to me that once they taught me and I think that is.

Aran's profile photo
Aran
03/15/2010 9:52 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.