{'en': 'How are food weighing?in raw?', 'es': 'Cómo se pesan los alimentos? en crudo?'} Image

How are food weighing?in raw?

aurora2's profile photo   04/30/2012 7:55 a.m.

Hello,

Good morning, it turns out that they have given me a food table that is very easy to use to know the amount of insulin to be put on, it is carbohydrate.

For example chickpeas per 100 grams = 48.6 and as I learned here, that for every 10 grams it is an insulin unit, because I know, that I would have to put almost 5 units of fast, but ...

What raw weight?

Is that stew is very little, right?

I think it's raw but I'm not very sure .... In the end I also learn to correct my diabetes.;)

Thank you!

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
04/30/2012 7:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Aurora2.
My educator taught me some guidelines that I always follow for the weights.
For me the rations are (the first amount is a ration)

Pasta 15gr raw = cooked by 3 -& GT;45gr (you can say that they are 50gr)
Rice = that the pasta
Crude 15gr legumes = cooked by 2- & GT;30gr

So I understand the rest of things do not change the way you cooperate, the potato will always be potato as raw, fried, baked ...
So calculate and for now it works for me.

Hugs, Quim.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
04/30/2012 11:11 a.m.

Well thank you quim, now I'm going to look at my table, if you are more or less coincide with yours

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
04/30/2012 12:14 p.m.

Are the weight weighing foods those that work in batteries?Mine are from those of the arrow, old we go ... that lowers the arrow you don't see
Is there any special?

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
05/01/2012 4:02 p.m.

Hi Aurora2
The truth is that you are from the crush little I trust ... being small weights I don't think they are exact enough.Little can you buy a digital scale.I have a Jata brand that is small and I think it costs me € 9.Of course, I advise you to buy the flat surface, not that which has a bowl, you can weigh your food directly from the plate.I don't know if it will see but I put you like mine.
Hugs, Quim

Quim's profile photo
Quim
05/02/2012 3:56 a.m.

In our hydrates table it also specifies whether the food is cooked or raw, but not observant, you can read the picture with the nutritional values ​​in the packaging of the chickpeas, or the food that is ... there the weight in raw is indicated... You can make conversion yourself by a simple rule of 3, knowing that a ration of carbohydrates equals 10 grams.

And yes, the scales must be digital, the others are inaccurate, and taking into account that there are very few grams, it is best to get some precise ... they also last a lot.We have the same since he debuted, in 2003 ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/02/2012 5:29 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Great, thank you very much, take note and right now I buy it,

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
05/02/2012 6:34 a.m.

Well I bought the swinging now, 'Jo!It seems that I am new in this diabetes, I have notes and accounts everywhere and schemes when I see hopes in improving I give me a joy ... I think I am doing things well, but in total the hydts that consumeAnd I will not be without few, see what you think is looking at 50 gr of bread plus 200cl of milk - the 100gr fruit lunch - at noon in total such as 250 - 50gr snack - and also more ominea lot ?Without counting the milk, it gives me 700, is it okay?The sugar is better but see if I know a lot, what do you think?

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
05/02/2012 12:40 p.m.

Aurora, each one has needs depending on our lifestyle, age, weight etc ... but I leave you a link that I hope will clarify the doubts a bit, in any case it should be your endocrine who will advise you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/02/2012 1:18 p.m.

Thanks Prado, what you sent, and yes, I would have to say my endocrine the hydrates I need, but never told me anything
Moreover, he gave me a new appointment for next year in February, and the educator taught me, but with a sauce
With the hand like he fuck something of a pot and said .. see, one, two, three, but hey, I find out better as you spliced ​​here, I just want to lower hemoglobin and
Give my endocrine in the nose, in short ... now to count and make calculations, thanks Prado.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
05/02/2012 2:29 p.m.

Aurora, with Lantus there is nothing more than 3 meals a day.The normal thing is that, if you eat between hours, you have to get quickly, but with that food guideline you are well controlled, then continue.As Prado says, that the endocrine indicates it, but you and your glucometer can regulate it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/02/2012 2:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

They also taught me with saucepan and it's very easy.It is with the spoon of serving the food.Each full spoon is 1

iris's profile photo
iris
05/02/2012 3:15 p.m.

Hello colleagues

Well, the saucepan did not know him, I always weight with the scale ... the saucepan I don't understand it ... as weights in the different types of pasta ... a macaron is not the same as a noodle, right?

The issue of rations is controlled by my educator but I usually do so.
I never take into account what you hardly have no sugar ... vegetables, meat, fish or control them, I just look at not eating very often very fatty things.

I give you a quick example of what I like.
Breakfast - 80 gr bread.With coffee with milk.- 4 rations
Food - 250 gr of pasta + a salad + a small apple.- 5 rations
Snack - A yogurt or small fruit.
Dinner- 80 grams bread + salad.- 4 rations.

I promise you that I never go hungry even as more than before.
I don't know if what you intend to eat is ideal for what you need.Each spends energy according to age, sex, activity ... The ideal is that what one spends is consumed.In 2 years of diabetes the weight remains just the same as when it debuts.

Hugs, Quim

Quim's profile photo
Quim
05/03/2012 5:17 a.m.

Yes, Quim, the saucepan you are right, some foods do not have the same hydrates, so it doesn't work for me, but for example Iris yes, it is a question of trying
Ami with the weight is much better, and the example you have put is great "so I copy me" haha, no .. it's a joke I do it more or less like you, only that they still give me some time, finding someHip, and scheme with my son I don't stop, tennis, football, but the case that is not sport, strong sport, only is he six years old and the ball sends it to me ... uf and run from behind her and that's why I thinkThat lowers me.Well everything is trying until we are with the key ..... Thank you very much for buestra answers like this, because between one and the other we learn a lot of things. Thank you

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
05/03/2012 6:35 a.m.

There is a meter vessel I think that of Bayer that is very practical, I used it at the beginning in addition to the scale, now with the experience by eye;).I think they gave it to me in the hospital.
Aurora, counting rations serves as guidance, but we must take into account the type of hydrates (slow or fast), the way of cooking them and then the exercise or activity you are going to do, so although 6 units correspond to me by portionsInsulin for example, I get 6 or less depend.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/03/2012 7:21 a.m.

I don't know if I will have to do but I have overweight and type 2 diabetes

iris's profile photo
iris
05/03/2012 2:43 p.m.

Type 2?I do not know if I will be confused but when it is needed already insulin is not considered type 1?Or it will be the one called Lada guy.I of type 2 I don't know much since when I debute I did it big directly to type 1 ... with 28 years and my children's diabetes hehehehe.
What I understand that the best thing for type 2 is the first to control the weight and lower it (when there is on weight) and do every day, at least walk a horita.In your case I imagine that the diet is twice as important.You control carbohydrates and lose weight.The best that can be an advisor for this is always your doctor and what you said ... if you don't like the one you currently have a change.I changed nurse 2 times and of endocrine 3 hahahaha I am delighted now with the 2 .
Quim hugs

Quim's profile photo
Quim
05/04/2012 5:36 a.m.

How curious, Quim.We count the rations differently.
For 250 paste, salad and apple, I would get 6 rations little:-/
For yogurt, 1/2 or 1 ration

And as Prado says, it is important to have the glycemic index of the food, or if it is accompanied by proteins, fats, etc ... I have the habit of adding 1/2 or 1 ration for these concepts ... yes, taking advantage ofThe advantages of the pump, that extra I add it to the square part of the bolus.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/04/2012 5:59 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much for your intervention, Velia.This was the way they taught me when debuting and I think it is quite simple.I think that when you start you have so much training that it is impossible to focus and you have to simplify everything to the fullest.
With time and experience, the rest of things are refined ... for example I am aware that a yogurt is a ration but is spent nothing, particularly it does not alter me just.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
05/04/2012 6:09 a.m.

The important thing is that you do well.The truth is that each one is looking for their truquillos to square things: D

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/04/2012 6:26 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.