{'en': 'How are food weighing?in raw?', 'es': 'Cómo se pesan los alimentos? en crudo?'} Image

How are food weighing?in raw?

aurora2's profile photo   04/30/2012 7:55 a.m.

@Rosi, quiet, I have been a few months longer than you and there are still many things I don't control either.So I know the olive oil being fat is going to slow down the absorption of hydrates, like all fats, so we must also take into account the amount of fat that food carries.With respect to rice, try to find the insulin pattern you need, it is a pity that you have to give up it, as you have often said here with proper insulin they can eat everything.You know that in this diabetes what is doing well to another can do bador three delights much more than if for example it is to the Cuban.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/12/2016 11:04 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Thank you @rociollinares, is that what I am not very clear how the fats with the hydrates, I mean that the fats delays the rise in the sugar is it like that?or vice versa hahaha I don't know you will explain to me.If in the subject of adjusting insulin we are sometimes right and sometimes not.

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
08/12/2016 12:37 p.m.

Mama de niña de 7 años diabetes tipo 1 diciembre 2015
Levemir: Desayuno 2u - Cena 3u
Novorapid: Desayuno-Comida-Merienda-Cena
Última hemo: 7.8

I the rice as integral, weight 14/15g by ration in raw and I do not usually have problems, in fact it is the simplest foods is to control, provided it is not out of a clear home.Everything integral is supposed to help absorption to be slower, so they recommend it.

I do not control the fats yet, but I have not noticed big change eating more or less fat, although I suppose that is notaries with a clear continuous meter.

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
08/12/2016 5:54 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

@Rosi, fats make blood glucose to increase later.For example, my daughter when she takes Paella, apart from increasing insulin doses, she puts it in half food or even sometimes when she ends, for fear she has hiccups after eating when hydrates are not yet being absorbed.
What I am not sure, is that if the reason for rice to rise more in some cases is also because fats also favor glycemia.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/12/2016 6:54 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

The rice rises more through the starch, which is transformed into glucose, and if it also has fat, the climb is delayed, but it rises.
If it is white rice and washes, the starch is removed and does not rise so much.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/12/2016 7:39 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

jota said:
What happens is that with macaroni, for example, I weighed in raw and it was going well, but not with the rice.I will make it boiled.Thank you.

Hi in Paraguay with the San Francisco beans (Colorados), I did the regret test 200 gr in raw, let them soak and boil them.
Both boiled and soak drained 500 gr.
From there with the values ​​of cholas on raw food, I take the corresponding to 100gr cooked.
The 100 gr in raw contain 70 gr of cho
Then 250 gr cooking are 150 water plus 100 gr of pore
And finally 100 gr cooking are 28 gr of ch.
We always weight because it will not calculate by plate or cup.I feel safer with the data of Latin American food tables and product labels.
Also among the errors of this data, the forms of cooking, the errors of the glucometers, I do not want to add the errors of appreciation for not weighing food.
Also being controlling what I can, will make the stress hormone or cortisol play a bad pass up the sugar.
I think that is why they applaud those who are more intuitive when eating and choosing their diet well.

mario69's profile photo
mario69
09/13/2019 3:42 p.m.

Diabetes 2, pero insulinorequiriente, con resistencia a la insulina y pancreas agotado.
HbA1c: dic '16: 12,8; mar '17: 10,9
Fallece mi madre oct '17
Ida a Paraguay feb '18
HbA1c: oct '18: 8,7; ene '19: 6,5; abr '19: 6,2 abr '19: 6,5; jun '19: 7,5; set '19: ???
Detemir 26 7:30 y 20 19:30
Aspartica 4 antes desay y mer y 5 antes alm y cena.
200 a 250gr de HC diarios, 80gr Prot y 80gr Grasa. Segun actividad.
71 años 88kg 1,72.

rosi said:
ahhh and something else that I forgot, when you eat rice do you double the insulin dose?, because it is the only food that had to remove from your diet and what you loveBut there is no way to adjust insulin when he eats rice, he raises him too much and that I have tried to wash it before boiling but nothing.

I have found the only way to control the rice is to raise insulin units but put them in two batches because it is hypo at the beginning and then a hyper insured.If I have to put for example 6 you I put 3 before eating and 3 after eating, so if you decide to climb later of 2 hours there are still active insulin in my body to attack that climb.

What they do is that they realize the climb, the clearest example is pizza, there are many HC by dough but cheese, oil, if it carries any other food that contains fat by eg.Chorizo, bacon ... makes it rise from 3-4 hours of intake, when insulin is almost nil in your body and paste those climbing.

sil's profile photo
sil
09/13/2019 4:03 p.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.