{'en': 'Insulin seems not to act', 'es': 'La insulina parece que no actua'} Image

Insulin seems not to act

Paqui's profile photo   05/06/2012 3:33 p.m.

Hi how are things?

After introducing myself in the appropriate place I spend my case that brings me on the head lately.

I am 39 years old, 2 and a half ago I debuted.I have type 1 diabetes and my treatment is Lantus (28 units) at 22.00 h.and Novorapid: the variable units.

2 weeks ago I have spent an important cold and the glucose got a lot of uncontrolled, they sent me antibiotic and it seems that it also remained uncontrolled.The fact is that I no longer take treatment for the cold and I am relatively well, I only have a bit of dry cough.Well, I can't get the glucose, it seems that I have paid to number 300, because I always have around that figure.Yesterday I did a small experiment and sometimes I think that insulin does not effect, it seems that the shot.

Well yesterday I measured at 22.30 because I was going to have dinner but I was 336, so I put 7 units of fast but I did not quite because I wanted to see how the quick effect was effect, well at half an hour I measured myself and I had 300 that is to say practicallyI hadn't lowered anything.I set 4 units more fast and continued without eating anything, here thrown on the couch, because at the hour and a half I measured again and I had 260, I put another 4 units of fast insulin and had dinner.Ultimately it seems that fast insulin does not lower my glucose.

Broken the puncture areas, I use the needle once, I have changed bolis of both Lantus and Novorapid and the same thing happens to me.

What can be due?I am a little downturn because I am many days very high and no matter how much I do not get it practically anything.I have lost about 4 kilos in 10 days but the doctor says it is for acetone.

What I do?.

Thank you very much for your help.

Paqui's profile photo
Paqui
05/06/2012 3:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Paqui, from experience I can tell you (more with my husband than with my daughter), that when he is high, the insulin takes a long time to take effect .... If at normal figures, at half an hour it is starting to take its effect,With figures of 300 or more, it multiplies the time ... that on the one hand ... on the other, I would open another box of insulin, not just a new ball ... just in case ... apart from that, my daughter sometimes begins to be high, after a cold, or a menstruation, a boat soon blamed the climbs to it, that if the rule, that if my throat, until I realize that no, that for unknown reasons, it needs more insulin, both basal and bolus ... After a week desperate, I get ready to raise the units considerably, I can have good levels again, and soon sometimes I have had to lower guidelines ... alreadyYou know, files x we ​​call them.

Cheer up!!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/06/2012 7:30 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

It also depends on what Cenes, each one is each one, and his body and disease understands it better, but I am in those values, because I would not take certain foods that could raise the glucose.

JC1985's profile photo
JC1985
05/23/2012 2:33 p.m.

Quite similar to what happens to me, I also come from a cold two weeks ago, usually during the day I go well 110 to 125 but at night I practically without eating anything I put 300.
With telling you that I was spending fatal this week at night without being able to dinner and sleeping very badly.
I have been recommended in this forum to raise the Lantus dose little by little and I have already uploaded 2 units in two batches or 16 night and day 16 maybe you also give you good results.
I encourage that I will go better, in this forum there are very good people to help you with advice that are really useful.
No one understands a diabetic better than another diabetic.

luck

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/15/2015 11:17 p.m.

Practically Paqui a week ago the same thing happens to me !!But the same, I went for a walk with 320 mq/dl the first day 3 km and not under anything today 7 km because a tea cut with milk and three slices of bread rose to 320, walk 7km !!and return with 300 !!If I stay at the same rest.And yes, the high levels harm like the very low, I saw my grandfather die to my uncle and my father who took care of he losing his sight, now.I am not tremendous, I lived the Malvinas War of a very young man and I am prepared to continue or move on to the other plane, that is the discomfort I fuck me a lot but it does not cause me to fear the luck I can run !!Because it is not something apparent that I can control, so it is what it should be.I hope you find the solution.P.S;The doctor told me that it was due to lack of hydration, I take almost two liters a day of water and nothing ... the same

alejandro1963's profile photo
alejandro1963
06/14/2017 5:47 p.m.

@"Alejandro1963", do you get fast before each meal? Or do you only use slow?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/15/2017 12:17 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

No, I do not use quickly unless I have it very high, I did it but the doctor told me that it was not good, although one does not match the other.I have come to the conclusion that after a while the best doctor is oneself.Diabetes is unstable and you only know how much you walk or if you do nothing and how much you eat ....

alejandro1963's profile photo
alejandro1963
06/15/2017 3:39 a.m.

That you see a good endocrine and put the proper treatment.
Insulin must be used to avoid glucose increases, which are the ones that do a lot of damage.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/15/2017 8:30 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Hello good night I am in a similar situation or the feeling that insulin does not effect, today I have been on the endocrine, I have measured the glycosylated hemoglobin in nursing before going to consultation with a new device that gives the result in 5Minutes less than a month ago the nephrolga made me analysis and I had glycosylated 8 and today I find that I have 10.5 Imagine I prevailed almost gives me a heart attack I have asked if that could be with a time of difference because the sugar I havedays but not so high as for that rush.I feel fatal the moral for the soils I prefer that I get a heart attack and stay in the site before being blind or have more complications than I already have.It gives me a lot of anger because I am a person who looked with magnifying glass as and you will not look at the DSD sugar, then a little one day and still it is no use, I am on the verge of throwing the towel I have it very clear or insulin, or diet or diet, nor exercise, this is clear is a penance.Without any solution.

Cleo's profile photo
Cleo
06/20/2017 12:14 a.m.

What insulins do you use?
Welcome to the forum ..
Let's see if we can help ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/20/2017 12:48 a.m.

Totally agree with what "Velia" says.In your case, I would highlight these aspects: 1) Any type of infection or disease will vary your "up" (you will have to compensate faster) levels.2nd) The effect of a fast administration, you should expect to measure it from 90 or 100 minutes.3rd) Indeed, on high blood glucose values ​​(> 300), it costs more to lower them, which means the fastest application than the calculations give.4th) The appreciation that the rapid does not effect (sometimes), is totally real, although doctors find it to believe it, they think something we do not do well.Well, then, I see interesting pen or even cash and observe results;If nothing works, increase dose, always attentive that, suddenly, everything is normalized (the "x" file).Changing the needle in each administration, etc.I suppose it is fine, but it does not see you to influence the "effect" of insulin;I say "I suppose", because I, for example, use a needle x feather (that nobody finds out).Greetings.: D

JVH's profile photo
JVH
10/01/2017 11:27 a.m.

The same thing happens to me, but with the metformin, I wake up to 160, I take it with breakfast, and at two hours 340 ... it is not for what I have eaten because it becomes anything .. yesterday even having taken it, I was takenI don't understand 400 that I do badly because I take care of my diet to the maximum ..

louizak's profile photo
louizak
10/01/2017 11:40 a.m.

With such high values ​​you will need a change in treatment. That you see an endocrine.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/01/2017 2:15 p.m.

You may have to raise the dose.I started like this and we passed my endocrine and I from 28 to 32 that I use now on average.Anyway the body takes something to adapt.Now that I have been spent on the Tresiba, I will be with values ​​that I had not had years ago (of more than 300) but I only carry it testing, calculating dinners, meals units ...... patience.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
10/01/2017 2:30 p.m.

Many have gone through this experience of putting insulin and as if it were water, it is as if the body does not react.In these inexplicable cases, above all, you have to be very methodical and more controls of the usual and possibly have to raise the doses, although if the problem persists you have to go to the endocrine.I personally when I begin to detect that I am in a episode like that, I do controls before meals (and then) and if I am high I get faster and restrinated hydrates if it is persistent, and I go to a low feeding in HC for some someDays, until now it has turned out and after a few days I have generally returned to my usual values.
@"Moñiño" La Tresiba needs several days of adaptation (sometimes enough), the same happened to me when they passed me from the Lantus to the toujeo, there are people anyway that the threeiba has not done well, in suchCase asks to pass you to the toujeo that seems to be more proven.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
10/01/2017 11:52 p.m.

This is proof and error.The days that I have insulin resistance I measure me more, quadruplico the novorapid, I upload 4 units and I go by throwing as I can ... huge peaks in all meals despite waiting for up to one hour to eat and match the digestionWith insulin... How the water.

The bad thing is that it goes suddenly and that day is horrible.... continuous hypo.Every month there is an uncontrolled week.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/02/2017 12:53 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

runing50 said:
many have gone through this experience of putting insulin and as if it were water, it is as if the body does not react.In these inexplicable cases, above all, you have to be very methodical and more controls of the usual and possibly have to raise the doses, although if the problem persists you have to go to the endocrine.I personally when I begin to detect that I am in a episode like that, I do controls before meals (and then) and if I am high I get faster and restrinated hydrates if it is persistent, and I go to a low feeding in HC for some someDays, until now it has turned out and after a few days I have generally returned to my usual values.
@"Moñiño" La Tresiba needs several days of adaptation (sometimes enough), the same happened to me when they passed me from the Lantus to the toujeo, there are people anyway that the threeiba has not done well, in suchCase asks to go to the toujeo that seems to be more proven.

The Tresiba after 3 months takes it away (today I was in an endocrine) because there is no way (my father in a month was already perfect and with her it takes time but I nothing, a sway of hypes to hypos) and it happens to meTo the toujeo.We will see how such, although the endocrine is already pointing to the bomb because due to my work I have neither schedules nor two days equal.I cannot calculate if I am going to move more or less since it depends on people (work and public work) which makes controls more complicated.Let's see that this a few months with the toujeo and that such.Salu2

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
10/02/2017 10:26 p.m.

My son was last week with pharyngitis and we get out of control and on Sunday we changed the Levemir ball.Since then, despite raising doses, it seems that it does not effect, while the effect of fast insulin lasts we are going very well, but for hours the glucose is triggered by about 300 and we have to be continuously correcting.CAN THIS NEW BOLI this defective or pharyngitis has been able to change the metabolism and need much more ins.Slow?

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
10/19/2017 5:51 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

From what you say if he is no longer sick, he could be the ball.The first tries to start a new one (if you have another box without starting better than the new one in case the whole box was bad) to discard that.If with the new one remains high, it may need more insulin, either because it is still sick even if the symptoms are no longer or because being on the honeymoon, pharyngitis has made the body destroy the beta cells fasterhealthy.One of the possible triggers of type 1 diabetes is an infection so it makes sense that the destruction of beta cells accelerates.Anyway, this is an assumption of mine, tell the endocrine to see what he tells you.
But because of whatever you need more insulin so you will have to raise the dose little by little.Follow the guideline they have told you and if you have not told you anything you can go up one in a unit or average on average if the ball allows.Normally in adults the slow tell you that you climb 2 in two but being so small the same is a lot that better than 1 in 1 or average on average.And if you doubt, contact the doctor to see what tells you and give you a guideline for these cases.Being on the honeymoon you will have to raise doses until it gets stabilized and as the same grows.So you have to know how to do it.
What they have always told me is that the slow is corrected based on fasting glucose and 2 in 2 units.But for children I do not know if it is the same or less units so that before the doubt asks the endocrine or uploads the minimum that the ball leaves you (I do not know if the Levemir leaves half units but if it leaves better on average on average).

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/19/2017 6:57 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Go up the slow one you need.Children are increasing dose with growth and do it to jumps.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/20/2017 12:46 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.