{'en': 'Correct levels before sleeping', 'es': 'Niveles correctos antes de dormir'} Image

Correct levels before sleeping

zetas_x's profile photo   07/17/2012 7:43 a.m.

Hello!I do not know if this topic will have already been discussed, I have not found it but if I repeat I correct me, I wanted to comment on a rookie question that I have ...

What are the "adequate" levels to go to sleep?I know that for each person it is different, but I mean how much is it low for you and if you usually take any extra ration of HC before bedrooms (Recene)?

I am very afraid to have hypoglycemia at night and not find out (so far I have never had one, so I don't know how it feels), so if I measure me after dinner and I have 110-130 I usually eat anyExtra ration, preventing more than anything.

Is it right?Or am I forcing myself in this way to have too high levels throughout the night to get to breakfast?A week or two ago, when I was not yet controlled with fast insulin, after dinner a few days had levels of 200-230, and when I got up in the morning I was perfect, at 90-100.That is why the issue worries me a little, since if I go to bed with 120 and I follow the rule of three, I could have a hypoglycemia at night, and that is what scares me.When we are asleep (without physical activity), can glucose get down a lot?

I await your comments ... greetings !!8)

zetas_x's profile photo
zetas_x
07/17/2012 7:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What I would do in your case is to measure myself at night at 3 or 4 in the morning and see how much it goes down during the night.
With that data you can see the trend and if you need to lower Lantus or take right and see what would be the best glucose for you when you go to sleep.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/17/2012 7:53 a.m.

Prado, I will do what you tell me to see how it!Some days that I have measured at dawn (but they are no longer reliable data, it was when I still didn't use the novorapid).
For example, one of those days when it started, after dinner (23h) was 197, at night he had 86 (2: 30h), and woke up at 9 in the morning with 132.
Another day I measured at 2:30 too, and I had 89. Before breakfast the next day was in 80 ...

I will try to measure myself tonight, and I will tell you!Thank you!

zetas_x's profile photo
zetas_x
07/17/2012 8:08 a.m.

Mind yourself a little later, for example at 4 in the morning that there is no longer the effect of the novorapid.

DiabetesForo
07/17/2012 8:17 a.m.

Ok, I will take it into account.How much does the novorapid last?

zetas_x's profile photo
zetas_x
07/17/2012 8:19 a.m.

Between 3 or 4 hours, the maximum effect at half and two hours but also depends on each one.

DiabetesForo
07/17/2012 8:21 a.m.

Hello!!!!I have done the controls these two days, and at the same time.

- On Tuesday at 23:30 after dinner I had 150 (with 4 portions, 2U quickly), at night at 3:30 he lowered me to 87 ,I continued sleeping and woke up at 9h with 109 .
- Wednesday at 23:30 after dinner was 130B> 96 , and this morning at 9h before breakfast I had 101 .

That makes me think of the famous "rebounds" ... do you think they are giving me hypoglycemia at night, the liver reacts and that is why I lift myself with more glucose than the one I had in the early morning?I told my endo the last time, but he told me that it did not have to be so, that if I had a rebound then I would wake up much higher, at 200 or so ... and that it is usually because in the morning the morningBody releases more hormones and I didn't know ... because I don't notice any hypoglycemia, I sleep like a liron ... Anyway, what do you think of this?

Thank you :)

zetas_x's profile photo
zetas_x
07/19/2012 4:39 a.m.

Nooo, these glycemia are totally normal, in the morning hormones are secreted that make the sugar up a little (or much depending on the case) "The effect of dawn" in my case it is scandalous what uploads to me .... do not touchInsulin, you go perfect :)

tica's profile photo
tica
07/19/2012 4:47 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Thanks Tica!The truth is that you leave me much quieter.:)
So with those levels I don't need to do right or anything, right?unless it is lower ... less than 120, for example?Merci: d

zetas_x's profile photo
zetas_x
07/19/2012 4:55 a.m.

I also use Lantus and I almost never make Recena, with 70 I like a yogurt but from there I go to bed without making right and in general I wake up between 65 and 90. You can try to make recate (yogurt, milk... some light to maintain) and measure yourself at midnight to see how you are.The trick is to test, each body is different.
greeting

ALG's profile photo
ALG
07/20/2012 10:09 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Hello, I am new in this, I have been told that I have type 2 2 weeks ago and I am very lost.4 months ago ate (I get angry with the woman and I made the food) and I intuit that I had high levels without knowing it because I was phenomenal.I started eating healthier and without knowing that I had contractures, tingling and tiredLevels I realize that the cramps and tingling appear when low from 110, and to 180 that is the maximum that I have had on an empty stomach and for what they discovered it I find great.I wanted to ask you if it happens to you, and if this is balanced, it will happen or on the contrary they are neurological symptoms and never fixed.On the other hand, know if I can take any vitamin because I am taking B1 B6 B12.
I did not know about this world, but it must be one of the few things that the worse you are better ... greetings!

jerfe's profile photo
jerfe
08/30/2012 3:24 p.m.

You are better because your body has been accustomed to a very high blood glucose ... but in the long run the high blood glucose values ​​are very harmful to the whole body.

The symptoms that you say are not usually the usual for hypoglycemia, although each one is a world ... It is normal for these discomforts to cease when blood glucose is normalized.

Glycemia evolves throughout the day ... sometimes, fasting glycemia is very misleading, so glycemia curves are usually made to see how the body (pancreas) responds to food intake;They give you glucose and measure glycemia several times in the following hours.

DiabetesForo
08/31/2012 4 a.m.

Thank you very much Owash for attention.Now I have normalized the levels, but I still find me really bad.The ankles, the dolls, coxis hurt me ... The doctor tells me that until a regulated time passes it will not make me electromiograms or anything, or take anything.But it is afraid of me to advance.My work is physical, apart from the sport that towards, and I am now very limited.It seems to me that it is for something of the diet, I do not know if potassium, sodium or something that has decompensated, because the difference of being fatal to being very well is very large.I do not know if anyone has happened to you and how long it took to find yourself better once regulated.It is as if I have the carpal, tarsian tunnel and the ankles .. a homeopath told me I don't know that I have candidas, because I also have psoriasis and that this pain would be toxins .. I don't know ...

jerfe's profile photo
jerfe
09/08/2012 12:34 p.m.

If glycemia are more or less normal (for example, below 7% glycosylated hemoglobin) and you still have pain, it would be normal for the doctor to investigate the cause ...

I do not think that I have much to do with the psoriasis with the pains you say, unless you have the disease very advanced and has derived in arthritis ... but it is unlikely because they are very radical cases.

DiabetesForo
09/09/2012 2:46 a.m.

I also have doubts about the levels at night.
Ceno about 9, I looked two hours later and I am in 150 or so, and I go to bed but still have a couple of hours to fast insulin, sometimes like something before going to bed just in case and toNo, but I always wake up with 80-90, eat or not eat, sometimes two hours after dinner I had more than 200 and I woke up well in 80-90.
So at night I don't know what happens, I've never woken up to measure myself, really, I've always woken up well, what I don't know if it was sometimes necessary to eat something before going to sleep, because I wake up the same.

carloszgz's profile photo
carloszgz
12/27/2013 6:05 p.m.

Well and for type II what should be the value?I normally (unless it is and therefore abundant) I usually take a yogurt but I wonder what should be the value not to have to take it and more now that I usually make strict diet and I have the short sugar (without reaching 100 manytimes) but without hypoglycemia.The truth is that at 11.30 pm I do not feel like eating anything and I take it reluctant because they advised me in the ambulatory.If someone knows it, please tell me.
P.D: Metformin volume 850 breakfast, food and dinner (without insulin).
Greetings for everyone

nina45's profile photo
nina45
01/04/2014 4:47 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Nina, I suppose the important thing is that you do not have hypos at night, but with metformin I do not think they are important.If you don't feel like yogour, don't take it and wipe around 4 in the morning, if you're fine, you don't need to take anything.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/04/2014 8:02 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Lipa Regina, thank you.I will do so, to see if it works!A kiss

nina45's profile photo
nina45
01/05/2014 5:35 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

What Prado says for type1 is what I would do.It is also better to be prudent and not have any hiccups at night, since they are a roll ... I sin to hurry too much and some not extreme substitute I have had.I want to say that it is normal for you to always wake up before a hiccup since it will have been for some small mismatch) do not go to sleep with less than 90 and keep attention in the fast insulin that you have to take effect.

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
01/06/2014 4:50 p.m.

L-) I lift my finger, but those who want that value when you get up every day :) The truth is that thanks to your messages, I see that you should also do an experiment and dinner the same a few days in a row to meet me better, because there aredays that I have 200 after dinner for example chicken with a slice of bimbo bread with cheese and a yogurt bifidus (ie 1.5r), and putting myself fast insulin as for 3R.I suppose that it will also depend on the area where I click, at night I click on my leg, and as I do nothing other than dinner, sofa and bed, it also influences that when I do not move, I do not spend anything.Another great mystery is what to take at night before bed, I put the lantus at 24.00 and I have had many nightclubs before, and now it gives me Yuyu to lie down if to take something.The other day I tried to take half apple, and lay down with 150 and got up with 188!With only half apple!I thought the fruit was good for the night.On the other hand, I go to bed with 180, I take half a glass of milk with a tablespoon of 0% landowner (I think they are 0.3r for what I read) so total 1r, and I get up in 130. They tell me that although IClick the lantus at 24.00 does not affect any nocturnal hypo, which is only a matter of the rapid, is that true?

valky's profile photo
valky
01/06/2014 7:16 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.