{'en': 'Correct levels before sleeping', 'es': 'Niveles correctos antes de dormir'} Image

Correct levels before sleeping

zetas_x's profile photo   07/17/2012 7:43 a.m.

I have ever read that the Lantus has no peak of maximum action, but I at 4 hours or so if I notice it and always as something, but of course ... in my case I put it in the morning.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
01/07/2014 4:07 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My daughter cannot put the lantus at night, because she has the insured hypo,
If you reduce the dose, then it does not last 24 hours, not even 20.
So it puts it in the morning, and much better.
It usually beds about 130 and wakes up around 100.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/07/2014 4:20 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello everyone and I will appreciate your comments to this question:
Ingesting an apple or two before sleep or any other fruit produces high glucose levels the next day on an empty stomach?
Thanks for your contributions

victor2012pe's profile photo
victor2012pe
01/23/2014 10:23 p.m.

It depends on the treatment you have and the initial glucose value.
All fruits have carbohydrates.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/24/2014 10:53 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I suppose it will depend on each body and medication.In my case I can tell you that it goes up.I get fast for breakfast, eat and dinner and Lantus before bedtime and on two night I did the test of taking a small apple before sleeping with normal levels, and I got up at 210 approx.At the moment what is working for me is a pair of cookies or a glass of milk with a tablespoon of 0% packet: P for example I also tried to take a tangerine in the middle of the morning and I also arrived at the time of lunch at 245 :( alFinal I also have to prick 2-3 units of fast in mid-morning (I do not grind me 5 punctures a day, I no longer have zones):-<

valky's profile photo
valky
01/25/2014 12:24 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

My experience has been very delicate and I have been hypertensive for years.Last Tuesday
March 4 I entered the Teknon clinic because in a magnetic resonance of the prostate they found a tumor of 6 c.M in the tail of the pancreas that could probably be cancer or evolve in the very immediate future.
A "genius and also an excellent person and doctor" intervened ": Dr. Alberto Diez-Cabellero who for more than five hours managed to separate the tail from the pancreas from the spleen with such a delicate patience that he got it.Another doctor, any surgeon, would not have used this time and dedication and would have opted for the easiest: open and remove both the pancreas tail and the sick organ itself.And the intervention was carried out by laparoscopy and in total it was with me more than seven hours.
I have been hypertensive 2 for years and my fasting data are between 150/170 mlg
And during the day, especially after "running for an hour" my low blood sugar spends 80 and even one day up to 66 mlg.One feels fierce hunger and immediately drink water with minerals and sugar that stabilize me between 110/130.
They were discharged on Tuesday, March 11 - a week after being operated - and at the moment I make my usual life and 24 hours after the operation I walked by dragging sera, antibiotic, soothing, etc ... received directly in the jugular veinTo get closer to the heart.
What terrible doubt was pending?Was the extracted tumor?
Before yesterday the doctor called me at 11:00 p.m. home to give me the news of the year: there was no cancer either in pancreas or the extracted tumor itself.
However, now, after the operation my glucose marks indexes from 200 to 239 mlg both fasting and hours after eating, dinner or ingesting food.I am medicated with Novonorm because the meformin - or what is called - makes me vomit and causes me diarrhea.
I hope that my experience can serve to make your doctor intervene in the pancreas, they first consult with my surgeon who intervenes and teknon, chiron, surgical, etc ... and with almost all medical mutuals.Mine is the mutual group since 1972.
I am at your disposal and being my first intervention, I want to send my most sincere and cordial greeting.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/14/2014 3:30 p.m.

Hi @valky, in my case I can't put the Lantus at night, I put it at 7:30 in the morning and the difference is considerable, but I have discovered this with the freestyle that makes the night reading continuous, I used toWith 110/120 I did not take anything and I got up with 80/90, come...... All this without knowing it, it is true that hypoglycemia in my case are common .. sometimes I think that my body has become accustomed, anyway when I change it time I make almost flat nights, with whatmuch quieter and much better in my case put it in the morning

MarMourenza's profile photo
MarMourenza
06/10/2016 9:32 p.m.

When I used Lantus, the nocturnal declines were a book.I talked to my endo and we changed it at lunchtime, and there was still a downturn of such size (in the nap, about 3 hours after eating) that they hospitalized with ambulance siren and everything.All of that changes with the pump.
Taking two apples reminds me of one of my first conversations with the endocrine.I took that, as well as in "healthy/harmless" plan, and then it releases me: "It's as if you ate half a bread bar."Well, hey, I consulted tables and it was true!Two apples = half bar of bread.Ojito with fruit carbohydrates, which must be added with everything else.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/12/2016 10:40 p.m.

valky said:
l-) I raise your finger, but of those who want that value when you get up every day :) The truth is that thanks to your messages, I see that you should also do an experimentAnd dine the same a few days in a row to meet better, because there are days that I have 200 after dinner for example chicken with a slice of bimbo bread with cheese and a bifidus yogurt (ie 1.5R), and putting myself fast insulin for 3R.I suppose that it will also depend on the area where I click, at night I click on my leg, and as I do nothing other than dinner, sofa and bed, it also influences that when I do not move, I do not spend anything.Another great mystery is what to take at night before bed, I put the lantus at 24.00 and I have had many nightclubs before, and now it gives me Yuyu to lie down if to take something.The other day I tried to take half apple, and lay down with 150 and got up with 188!With only half apple!I thought the fruit was good for the night.On the other hand, I go to bed with 180, I take half a glass of milk with a tablespoon of 0% landowner (I think they are 0.3r for what I read) so total 1r, and I get up in 130. They tell me that although IClick the lantus at 24.00 does not affect any nocturnal hypo, which is only a matter of the rapid, is that true?

JVH's profile photo
JVH
12/18/2016 12:59 p.m.

No??I also put the lantus at night and always wreaking with "hiccups" still without fast, in fact, I had to lie with 250 glycemia to get up with 80-100.I solved it as a result of putting the lantus in the morning.Tell the doctor (assuming to be competent).

JVH's profile photo
JVH
12/18/2016 1:10 p.m.

Jerfe said:
Hello, I'm new in this, I have been told that I have type 2 2 weeks ago and I am very lost.4 months ago ate (I get angry with the woman and I made the food) and I intuit that I had high levels without knowing it because I was phenomenal.I started eating healthier and without knowing that I had contractures, tingling and tiredLevels I realize that the cramps and tingling appear when low from 110, and to 180 that is the maximum that I have had on an empty stomach and for what they discovered it I find great.I wanted to ask you if it happens to you, and if this is balanced, it will happen or on the contrary they are neurological symptoms and never fixed.On the other hand, know if I can take any vitamin because I am taking B1 B6 B12.
I did not know about this world, but it must be one of the few things that the worse you are better ... greetings!

JVH's profile photo
JVH
12/18/2016 1:13 p.m.

I have those tingling symptoms and numbness of hands, in bed, in the morning that I am below 80 glycemia

JVH's profile photo
JVH
12/18/2016 1:16 p.m.

You will have symptoms of hypoglycemia with normal values, if you were high before.Until you get used to being well controlled.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/18/2016 1:39 p.m.

Hello, what August after when I go for bed
How two Maria cookies and plaster very well for breakfast, this was told by an indochina and it is luxurious

barki26's profile photo
barki26
12/19/2016 3:57 p.m.

Barki26 said:
Hello what August later when I go for the bed
How two Maria cookies and plaster very well for breakfast, this was told by an inchina and I am luxurious

Hahahaha, the predictive is that he is a horny (with forgiveness and unwittingly)

sllf's profile photo
sllf
12/19/2016 4:34 p.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

I see great levels while you sleep, anyway my endocrine told me that while we sleep we are a small mystery to medicine.I have had several hypoglycemia while I slept, the lowest to 44 (almost staggering I reach the kitchen and with some palpitations that my heart came out of my mouth)
The body will wake you up, but anyway always make sure before going to sleep.
All the best !

Don Aitor Dmx Jiménez's profile photo
Don Aitor Dmx Jiménez
12/26/2016 12:50 a.m.

It is always good to take a dairy when going to sleep, with this many hypoglycemia are avoided.

Jose Antonio Vasco Iglesias's profile photo
Jose Antonio Vasco Iglesias
01/09/2017 4:11 p.m.

A juice on the table.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/09/2017 9:34 p.m.

I am in the night, they usually give me a lot of sugar, I was more controlled but I returned to the trades and nights in which I do not hit the eye because I am afraid to fall asleep and that I have a fairly important descent since I had 2 hyperglycemia sleeping:(

Daniel1996's profile photo
Daniel1996
01/15/2017 10:13 a.m.

marmonza said:
hello @values, in my case I can not put the lantus at night, I put it at 7:30 in the morning and the difference is considerable, but I have thisDiscovered with the freestyle that makes the night reading continuous, I was used to 110/120 I did not take anything and lifted me with 80/90, come ideal I thought, but it was the alba effect they have spoken, because it turns out that between 4 and6 in the morning the thing was always below 50 ...... All this without knowing it, it is true that hypoglycemia in my case are common ... sometimes I think my body has become accustomed, of allWays when I change it time I make almost flat nights, so much quieter and much better in my case put it in the morning

JVH's profile photo
JVH
01/15/2017 1:48 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.