Dual-square bolus

paula's profile photo   03/14/2010 9:43 a.m.

Hello everyone, I recover this thread to see if you can help me with the dual and square bolus, so I see written in this thread should not be easy, yesterday night, I gave it rice and I put a dual, I arrived with a levelWell to dinner, I put the dual I think it was 52% and extended 48% and the 1 hour duration, at three in the morning a 300 and peak ... I imagine that the duration was very little, how much the usually lasts thesquare and dual bowling?three hours are they fine?Do you use them with legurbles?I have noticed that Lucia with the lentils is lowered by sugar when eating, there would be a good option the square?How do you do it?Thank you very much for always answering doubts with your experience, by the way, the caldulo of the sensitivity index comes out nail: D thank you very much

luciana's profile photo
luciana
06/08/2011 11:39 a.m.

Lucia, 12 años en tratamiento con bomba de insulina desde los 7

I'm glad it worked for you, Luciana ...
With respect to the duals, as you say, it is a matter of testing, I usually put the square part in 2 hours, and if it is pizza, it got to put it in 3 and a half hours ... you no longerStory if it is junk food with dessert included, increase the units to combat fat and get the square up to 5 hours.With the legume, what you say, if you put everything in normal you risk the downturn first and how the absorption is so slow, you assure you a good climb .... I put 40-50% in normal and the rest, aSquare in 2 hours, and it works very well ... I already tell us.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/09/2011 4:35 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Lola, with how many cerebas units do you change the catheter ???
At the beginning of carrying a bomb I was also uploaded by changing the catheter, they had told me that I had to prime with O.3 units, my catheter is the smallest, and I had good climbs so on my own and fed up with beingHigh after each change, I started to prime with 1 unit and hand of saint: Shock:, Muca more I saw a hyper because of the change of catheter ...
Hello !!Each that changes the canula (cateter) you put on the new and old woman you leave it for 2-3 hours more so the body finishes assimilating the old basal while assimilating the new catheter and thus avoids the climbs after changing the canula!!I just try it, I hope you find my nuncio failed me !!

ManuelM's profile photo
ManuelM
06/09/2011 7:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello everyone !!I know they are talking about combo bolus (dual) but I saw that the majority has problems with the canulas (catheter) and because of what my doctor told me and has never failed is to leave you the old canula for 2-3 hours more so the body endsof assimilating the basal of the old catheter until the body begins to similar the new !!Try to see if it works for them because that was the problem that I had before until I use this technique !!Luck

ManuelM's profile photo
ManuelM
06/09/2011 7:46 p.m.

Hello everyone, if I do it too and the truth is that it is doing pretty good.kisses :)

paula's profile photo
paula
06/20/2011 2:02 p.m.

Hello: I recover this thread to ask the most expert firefighters a question:
We are starting, with my daughter, the Dual Bolo theme, recommended by the doctor.
I have been curious that he has made us some scoring in the consultation report, and indicates to have as reference some modes, delivery and times.
It has caught my attention that for the rice I have put a dual (as an example to try, I insist) 70% - 30% to 2 hours.
Do you also use dual bolus for high IG foods?
I thought it was only effective with low glycemic foods.
Thank you,
A cordial greeting everyone.

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
09/23/2019 2:40 p.m.

mario_s said:
Hello: I recover this thread to ask the most expert firefighters a question:
We are starting, with my daughter, the Dual Bolo theme, recommended by the doctor.
I have been curious that he has made us some scoring in the consultation report, and indicates to have as reference some modes, delivery and times.
It has caught my attention that for the rice I have put a dual (as an example to try, I insist) 70% - 30% to 2 hours.
Thank you,

For high IG, it always uses normal bolus, the dual use in meals that carry a combination of medium - high + fats, normally the square never uses, each person opts for what is best but catches my attention that you haveDual bolus for high Ig carbohydrates.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
09/23/2019 3:13 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

ferle said:
mario_s said:
hello: recover this thread to ask a question to the most expert firefighters:
Thank you,

For high IG, it always uses normal bolus, the dual use in meals that carry a combination of medium - high + fats, normally the square never uses, each person opts for what is best but catches my attention that you haveDual bolus for high Ig carbohydrates.

Thanks Ferle for your answer.Yes, it is curious.I will try it when it touches, but at an hour, and we will see what happens.
All the best.

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
09/23/2019 5:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.