Dual-square bolus

paula's profile photo   03/14/2010 9:43 a.m.

Chema you have been bombing for a very short time, wait to have everything well adjusted, especially the basal and when you are stabilized you can start "play" with square and dual bowls ...
I have been with the bomb for 5 years and I did not use them, I ever tried but I didn't go well so I didn't use them again but now reading this thread I think I will try on specific meals: D

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/17/2010 4:22 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I agree with Prado, Chema is better first to make sure that the basal is fine and that will take time.
I have the bomb for almost five years and I did not use them because I was not going very well, but I have used more and more and although at first I did not get much, I have continued to insist and now I see little by little that the results are good, IIt remains to be learned but we continue there.
By the way my experiment of the other day with the sandwich went wrong and put on 300 to 2 hours.shit ...!

Lena I am going to see the basal blows, I have the accu-check but I think that in May I change to the I see the Medtronic, to see how it.

Paula, I did not get fat with the bomb, I am always more or less in the same weight 2 or 3 kilos up and down.

lola's profile photo
lola
03/17/2010 7:59 a.m.

Chema I on March 26 2 months ago that they have put it on me and a week ago that my doctor recommended that I use them because with the sensor it looks perfectly how I make roller mountain curves just after the food of the noon and theDinner, that I would expect to learn the operation well (I am still learning ...:-/) In the beginning I SOLITA I configure a new basal + high pattern for those hours, but it did not work for me, so before recommending myselfThat I used those types of bolus also told me to upload the wizard Bolus HC/insulin ratio (the one that recommends what amount of insulin put me after you calculate the HC that you are going to eat) the bad thing is that the changes alwaysI do them when I am preparing with the period (which suits the glucose) and still not atino ...: ((hey girls, do you have another basal pattern for those "days"? I am that I am realizing that justA week before critical day glucose is countless.Ufff!How tired I already have!
Hey Lena I just read your message about the basal blow, but I have come from working late and I just had dinner, I'm a little tired, so I will calculate another day, if you don't care, because when I read it, I haveamazed at the calculations you do: Shock :: Shock:
By the way, thank you very much for everything, I am more calm, the truth is that I had been very thin with anxiety and how glucose was wearing a fatal ... I weighed 56k and I measure 1.68, of course I go for 58,100;)

paula's profile photo
paula
03/17/2010 6:08 p.m.

Yes, I don't know if I'm going to know how to make so many calculations ... well we will ask Lena for advice to see the basal and catheter change.

Paula, I think you are well weight, right?, And I am also put in my clouds a week before, but very high.It is as if insulin were water, for more than I go up and bolus, nothing.By the way I think I am starting that week because I see that it is difficult for me to control the levels.I don't have many problems with the mestruation but a week if Paula very frustrating.

lola's profile photo
lola
03/18/2010 3:08 a.m.

Paula is very well weight, although you get fattening a couple of kilos you will continue to be very good, 56 kilos for your height is very little ... I think ...;)
I also need more insulin the week before the rule, I do not have a different basal pattern but the bowling increases between 2 and 3 units at least, we are more insulin resistant to those days, the week after the rule if I do not haveBe careful I have continuous hypos .... in short .... so we are complicated by girls :)) :)) :))

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/18/2010 4:42 a.m.

I totally agree with you ... the week before the rule comes to me the same thing ... once I told the endo he made another pattern for those days ... but the truth is that I have itThere and I don't use it ... And what I do is climb the Bolus ... but the basal I prefer not to touch it.But let's do whatever the controls are higher those days.
And I have either used dual or square bolus ... what I have done for some time is to leave the bolus of food, with certain meals ... especially legumes, and I am phenomenal.I wear approximately half when I start eating, and the other half half an hour later ... (provided the pre is good).But I think I will continue reading you to learn more about the square and dual bolus.
Which one do you recommend to start ?? ...
Lena, you leave me hallucinated ... how much do you investigate ... with the girl any small change has more clear importance.

anuski's profile photo
anuski
03/18/2010 6:55 a.m.

Buff, I've already had to take the notebook and everything: D But that, keep investigating that it is very good for me: Mrgreen:
I also upload the sugar the week before the visiting neighbor: Evil: to see if with the bomb I solve it, because with the bolis ... I have it difficult.I upload the fast a little, but the Lantus leaves it the same.And now with the mixed ... I prefer or try.
Paula ... I think you are phenomenal of weight.I am trying to take a few kilos (about 8).I am at 49.5 and I measure 1.68 ... so, it could be true that with the pump is fattened, hahahaha.(Although more than one@ I don't think that was funny)

Well, kisses and you know, to continue practicing ... that I keep taking notes.

sweety's profile photo
sweety
03/18/2010 3:55 p.m.

I have not been able to read you, I already do it more slowly ... well !!Dual-square theme, with what I like :)););

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/22/2010 3:58 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Yes, please do not let this issue be lost, I begin to make my pinitos, but I have not just made the concept hahaha!
By the way to see if I have time and I put a link of a publication of the thirst called diabets and new technologies (or something) where UPG (protein and fat exchange unit) and how theBolus Cuadrado, I made a quick reading so I don't advent all, but it seemed very interesting.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
03/22/2010 4:18 a.m.

It has been easy, you have to download the book.In the chapter dedicated to the ICSI in section 4. come and then comment.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
03/22/2010 4:26 a.m.

Thank you!Right now I read it.
Little by little I take the quiet, now of every 10 times that I use the dual bolus only 3 I get bad ... Let's see if after reading a little more I can dominate it.

lola's profile photo
lola
03/22/2010 5:53 p.m.

We use this type of bolus for all types of meals?
I am using it for Paella, Fideua meals.

chema's profile photo
chema
03/24/2010 7:25 a.m.

Well, I use it especially with potatoes and pasta, with the other HC also but it depends on what I am going to do later (sport, work, etc.).With meals with few HC or with faster absorption HC, I do not usually use it.

lola's profile photo
lola
03/24/2010 12:30 p.m.

Yesterday I downloaded the file ... and ufff ... how many things ...
Of course, I realized that my Wizard Bolus is badly configured, I will tell my endo when I go ... I use it little, well I never pay attention to him, because it always gives me much more correction than Ineed.
But it's very good !!!We will be commenting.

anuski's profile photo
anuski
03/25/2010 2:19 p.m.

GIRAAAASSSS !!!!I have lowered the hemo to 7.7 !!!! I don't believe it or me !!:)) :)) :)) I had been with the fisting 8 for years, I think it has been thanks to the new Bolus, I have to go to work I will tell you: Mrgreen:

paula's profile photo
paula
03/26/2010 11:54 a.m.

GOOD!Very good Paula, I'm very happy.What joy does it true?and above all motivation to continue taking care of you.
I think I will have it lower too, because the square bolus are going quite well, to see what they tell me in two weeks that I have me.

Kisses

lola's profile photo
lola
03/27/2010 7:23 p.m.

Congratulations Paula !!! ... and keep going down.I hope to have it lower than the last time, which was 7.5 ... in less than 1 month I will know.I have not been encouraged with the new Bolus.

anuski's profile photo
anuski
03/29/2010 3:38 p.m.

Well, I just came from working and I'm going to tell you my roll a little ...;) the fact is that last week I went to the endo and I was surprised, I was not very sure of whether I had come down or not, because whenI used the bolis told myself "this time yes, at least I reached 7.9" and I always frustrated me ... well that is the good part, I also have a bad part :(, I have to go to the ophthalmologist so thatThey give me rays for two reasons: one for a mild diabetic retinopathy and another for retinal detach
As for the dual bolus, my endo advised me to use them for all meals, but because I have a slow digestion, the only difference I make is that if as a pasta or potatoes or something I put it much longer (some4:30) I normally put it between 2:30 and 3:00, and I also change the percentI have explained well):-/
Well people, we don't see: D

paula's profile photo
paula
03/29/2010 4:02 p.m.

Paula do not try that if the retinopathy is mild a couple of sessions and that's it.So Baby is.Besides, as you have lowered, we hope it doesn't advance much.I was diagnosed last year a small retinopathy, and this year in the review they told me that I had not advanced anything, and that my we have are 8.3 ...
In two weeks I have an analysis and I think that this time the bass less than 8 (according to Sweety's homemade curriculum I am at 7.5) I am not going to make many illusions, but I think burnt to the square bolus I go very well.I do not use them at breakfast, and in some meals it depends, for example, if as a snack and at the time I have to go to work I do not use them, well at least with the normal bolus it is doing well, so I do not seeneed to put a square.To me the HC of rapid absorption upload me very quickly, and I need normal but not square bolus, although I am going to experiment with a small amount of square to see how it comes out.

lola's profile photo
lola
03/30/2010 5:41 p.m.

Thanks Lola for your spirits.What I would like to know is whether you can access the disability for that reason, I receive the Diabetes Foundation Bulletin and a boy to exposed this matter, and it is an Apostvo auxiliary like me, what they have answered is that it depends a lot on theCourts that touch you ... I don't know if it interviews ...:-/

paula's profile photo
paula
03/31/2010 4:08 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.