{'en': 'Financial Aid for Diabetes', 'es': 'Ayuda económica para la diabetes'} Image

Financial Aid for Diabetes

Gema3's profile photo   06/10/2010 1:53 p.m.

Hello everyone:

Talking to an English family who has a daughter, of an age similar to mine, he told us that there is what is called:

Disability Living Allowance (Subsidy for Disability)

It is a monetary help that give families with a diabetic member.

Does anyone know if there is something like that in Spain?
I guess no, if they are cutting the needles ...

And then we want to compare with the countries around us.

All the best

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
06/10/2010 1:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, also in other countries there is co-payment for medical visit, which is being discussed in Spain right now ...:-/

Here in Spain, chronic patients contribute only 10% of the price of medicines and health products that we consume ... When a non -chronic disease is suffered, 40% is provided.
Anachronism comes in the case of retirees, which there are those who have pensions of 2500 euros/month and have all free medicines without contributing a cent.
The needles are free, the lancetas are not given (except concrete sites) and it is the only thing to acquire, the pumps and consumables are free, insulin and reactive strips pay 10%.

On the other hand, with the 33% disability certificate to all minors of 18 have free recipes ...

Obviously everything is very improvable ... especially in the issue of bombs and equalities between communities.

I don't know the British case how it is ... there is no such difference, at the end of everything.
It is likely that in the Nordic countries social coverage is much better.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/10/2010 2:05 p.m.

Owash, I have criticized that retirees have free medicines, for two reasons.
The first is that those who have high pensions or an important capital, benefit from what we contribute the most less.
The second is that there are retirees who are dedicated to getting medicines for children, neighbors, relatives, friends, etc., because they "have it for free."Some even have medicine arsenals at home "just in case"

Effective and free electronic recipe only for those who really need it (retired or not), and savings would be important.

Health

DiabetesForo
06/10/2010 4:32 p.m.

@Owash, how can it be done to pay only 10%?I am paying 40% and I have left a premium face ...
Something told me in the pharmacy because apart from insulin I have to take Kreon (pancreatic enzymes, I have no pancreas) and it is a budget.Thank you and greetings

Cristinarivera's profile photo
Cristinarivera
03/13/2017 7:32 a.m.

Pancreatectomía total el 15 de junio 2016.
Novorápid 4/5-2,5/3-0/2 de momento...
Toujeo 23 a las 18,00 (variando continuamente)
calculando raciones a ver si me toca una bomba...

Much of guilt in not having financial aids is the diabetics themselves having made everyone believe the typical phrase "Diabetic is a person who can make a totally normal life."This has made us lose benefits that we had and could continue to have, such as what the one that recognizes you a disability of 33%.But as "we are totally normal and all we need is to take care of ourselves a little more" because of this the authorities and administrations have taken advantage of and so we do not have any subsidy, the MCG is something within reach of only a fewor of the ruin of many.That we are not normal !!!For me, someone normal does not have to live to count the rations of a miserable sandwich and have to be alert not to fall round because one day you have taken a longer walk with your daughter.I do not want to bother anyone, but it is my opinion after 26 years of suffering with this curse and with a hell of life these last 2 years and with 5 hospital admissions for severe hypoglycemia in the last year.

sllf's profile photo
sllf
03/13/2017 11:25 a.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

@"SLLF", if you have been hospitalized for acute decompensations of your diabetes up to three times in a year and with a duration of 48h each you are entitled to 25-48%.If you have been hospitalized more than three times 50-70%.I do not remember where I have taken this, but let's see if anyone knows the law, decree or decree law and can help you more.I am not sure that this is in force.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/13/2017 12:55 p.m.

@Anaisabel Thanks for your comment but, I requested the disability for also other pathologies and what they granted me was 15% for all pathologies, being diabetes the least (or nothing) punctuated, that is, I ate a mojón (with forgiveness).I know what I speak from experience.

sllf's profile photo
sllf
03/13/2017 1:52 p.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!

Well, what do you want me to tell you, I do not feel that you have a disability, which according to the SAR is defined as follows: " lack or limitation of some physical or mental faculty that makes it impossible or hinders the normal development of a person's activity. "
I consider myself physically and mentally normal.That does not mean that there is much to improve and much to do, of course.Or that I have spent a Toledo night and I have slept badly/little and I don't feel like the next day I have to be 10 hours at work.Or that I work a downturn and have a good time going back ...

piruha's profile photo
piruha
03/13/2017 5:39 p.m.

DM1 desde 1987 (con 3 años)
Lantus y Humalog
Dexcom g5

I requested it for my 5 -year -old daughter, and they gave her 0%.
I claimed it again, and the same thing could not believe it. If it wasn't because I could change the job shift, I would have had to stop working. With that insulin they gave him hypos almost daily.Children are totally dependent.
They give disability when a finger is missing and they do not give it when the pancreas is missing, which is a vital organ.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/13/2017 6:29 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

sllf said:
much of guilt in not having financial aid by diabetics with having made everyone believe the typical phrase "the diabetic is a person who can make a lifetotally normal. "This has made us lose benefits that we had and could continue to have, such as what the one that recognizes you a disability of 33%.But as "we are totally normal and all we need is to take care of ourselves a little more" because of this the authorities and administrations have taken advantage of and so we do not have any subsidy, the MCG is something within reach of only a fewor of the ruin of many.That we are not normal !!!For me, someone normal does not have to live to count the rations of a miserable sandwich and have to be alert not to fall round because one day you have taken a longer walk with your daughter.I do not want to bother anyone, but it is my opinion after 26 years of suffering with this curse and with a hell of life these last 2 years and with 5 hospital admissions for severe hypoglycemia in the last year.

All reason.The diabetics are the main culprits that we are as I say in my signature.

If we had supporting ourselves, an aggressive lobby like the gay that accelerated the discoveries and treatments for AIDS more than a thousand times, even today they do it when it is practically a chronic disease that is treated with a single pill (and in the process of being treatedWith a simple vaccine), they would have cured us or (something similar) 30 years ago.

But apart from not having any lobby by pressing us, we have too many diabetics against, people who, for you, know what reason, always need to tell the world that they are "normal" and that make a "normal" life.As if patients from other diseases were not, what they are not is so dumb as to say it continuously in all media.

Well, nothing, if political would be normal that especially in times of crisis, resources are allocated to other diseases where people do complain, act and prescribe to ask for better solutions.Not for these who say they are the sea of ​​good.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/13/2017 8:26 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

This is an issue that crises me a lot.I have healthy people in my daughter's school, having coffee every day in the cafeteria and then taking the walk.They are responsible for more points (school square, which I stayed the first year), book and dining scholarship.Meanwhile, I have to go to work to pay me a Dexcom, pay the books, the dining room, and in the eyes of the law, I am a lucky one.But at the end of the month, I have the same income as these people, because when subtracting expenses is the same, but on top of that I am fucking (schedules, stress, lack of time), suck lows and other comorbidities associated with this disease.
Come on, that I remember my life perfectly before debuting, and nothing like this was looked like.Another thing is that I feel like it and humor (and I can't always), and throw pa 'lante like a soap.But I believe that a financing for measurement continues and some right in relation to labor conciliation and disease should be basic.Doctors or teachers enjoy much more free time than me, and the country is not going to pique.I have not taken a low in my life, I even returned before the maternal, and I have always worked to the fullest, I think you help for my hiring or advantages of some kind could assign me, at least, I from my taxpayer point of viewResponsible I see it.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
03/15/2017 10:39 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Hello, I am a child of a child. From 7 years that for a year has been.Pay it, it disgusts me with sorrow and shame the country in which I lived full of subjects by heating. A armchair and charging a large.A long etc ..... I know people who have had to stop working

Garci's profile photo
Garci
03/19/2017 10:24 a.m.

I totally agree with SLLF, greetings to all

rai40's profile photo
rai40
03/19/2017 10:42 a.m.

gema3 said:
hello to all:

Talking to an English family who has a daughter, of an age similar to mine, he told us that there is what is called:

Disability Living Allowance (Subsidy for Disability)

It is a monetary help that give families with a diabetic member.

Does anyone know if there is something like that in Spain?
I guess no, if they are cutting the needles ...

And then we want to compare with the countries around us.

All the best

Estimated Gema3:

It is typical that we talk about other countries of our environment from ignorance.I am living in England that is nothing cheap.Someone has wondered what each one can do against the disease;I do not mean insulin or insulin pump or oral antidiabetics.

DiabetesForo
03/19/2017 2:14 p.m.

Ismael's comment bothers me a little.
The fact that I gave regard to the aid in England suppose it is true, and I have to give the way that whoever gave it to me was not deceived.
Therefore I beg Ismael two things.The first is to enlighten us with its knowledge of this country in our environment since it lives there.And the second is that it clarifies us to refers to the self-questions about what can be done against the disease, or better to transmit his own.

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
03/19/2017 7:16 p.m.

Estimated Gema3:

Some doctors are influenced by pharmaceutical companies.I mean that everything they tell you does not have to be true.Medicine advances very slowly and changing approaches and ways of seeing things is difficult.Doctors prescribe what has been taught.

Dear Gemma:
First, I apologize if I have been able to bother you, it was not my intention.
I have spoken suffering and in previous emails I have given my opinion.I don't have to illuminate anyone;Each who looks for and extract their own conclusions.
In UK Payment every month 950 pounds for rent plus 120 monthly pounds of Council Tax.Yes, it is true aid but, it is very expensive to live.

DiabetesForo
03/19/2017 8:33 p.m.

And what does it have to do what you are telling us about giving diabetic people?In all countries some taxes and taxes are paid and rentals can also be high.I do not know if you want to tell us that they give help because the cost of life is higher than in Spain and that is why not here, or what, here the cost of life is best lower, but salaries too and unemploymentmuch higher.Of course, here to steal, there is good money.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/20/2017 10:31 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Sllf apology, but I don't share what we are not normal.
Of course I considered me normal.With a disease, tedious, heavy, sibyl etc etc, that is normal

Maria elena's profile photo
Maria elena
03/31/2017 3:27 p.m.

Hello, I like you to talk about this topic.
I was diagnosed last August in England for an analysis that I asked my nurse girlfriend to make me (I had the sugar in the stratosphere!).I am spending a few months opposing in Spain and I will return to UK in September.Before my ignorance about how they treat diabetes in England and what facilities give, I have been talking to nurses and doctors and everyone tells me the same.The endocrine control is the most normal, giving you the basic notions to continue maintaining your blood glucose levels.Regarding medicines, as soon as debuts give you a card that identifies you as a diabetic, with it you can get your medications for free of your life since they treat you as a chronic patient.I understand that the meters and bombs do not cover them, but they make it easier for you if you request them.
I will take a look at Disability Allowonce to confirm that this monthly income exists.
I hope I have helped with this information.

maxicastillejo's profile photo
maxicastillejo
03/31/2017 6:47 p.m.

Del 88. DM1 desde 2016.
Novorápid (según raciones) y Lantus (26)
Probando aparatos varios...y conociéndome...

@Maria Elena, of course each one has their opinion and respectable.But, from my experience, where is the normality of having to dizzy counting rations and carbohydrates when you eat?The non -diabetic only thinks about the hunger he has and what he likes or not;Where is the normality of having to click at least 4 times a day and have to vary according to what you eat?The non -diabetic does not have that cross that, becomes heavier, when you are wrong in the adjustments and must be corrected;Where is the normality of having to make you daily between 6 and more than 10 controls leaving your fingers like strainers?The non -diabetic does not have that concern and painful newspaper that, in addition to time, may not even be enough to avoid falling round to the ground, convulse and foam through the mouth because hypoglycemia has not been warned;Until if you have insulin bomb ... Where is the normality of being aware of a catheter, resort, bubbles in the supply of insulin and changes of all the machinery every 3 days?Normality is to think about family, children, work, be happy with the little pleasures of life, etc, etc ... Of course that diabetics think of being happy, family, work, etc., etc... But we have endless concerns that the non -diabetic does not have or imagine them.Yes, we are normal in which we have a head, trunk and limbs, and we know how to speak and think and laugh and cry ... but that is not what I meant.I do not intend to bother my comments, much less be right but ... we are not normal !!!!And, for that reason, we should have financial and social aids ... But of course, here ... Pela is the Pela and at that point, the health and well -being of the sick no longer counts.

sllf's profile photo
sllf
04/01/2017 2 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.