Possible causes of diabetes

todosomosuno's profile photo   07/06/2010 8:56 a.m.

We are not few diabetics ... there are more and more cases and the thing is increasing ...
What do you think influences the diabetic debut?Can the rhythm and stress be a trigger?And the foods that sell us as good and hide us that they are actually harmful to health?(I have several examples of it)
I do not believe that it is for pure genetic (in my family I am the first one that has diabetes, in any generation it has suffered by any family member of mine), I do not believe that suddenly the pancreas stops funione (the human body is a perfect machine, nothing is broken why, if something has not spoiled first from outside) and of course I do not believe that even the change of station can affect to develop a diabetes (that told me the doctor).
Since there is no consensus on the causes of diabetes, I encourage you to tell what you think you triggered diabetes, regardless of the causes cited by doctors.Perhaps an unexpected conflict, or a depressive era, or an absolute change in your life .... recapitulates ...^What happened and in what situation were the months before the diabetic debut?

All the best

todosomosuno's profile photo
todosomosuno
07/06/2010 8:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease, and there are many theories (which means that none is overwhelming) about the causes.
Today, autoimmunity is of "unknown etiology," used, that we have no pajolera idea of ​​what causes them.It is probably not one, but several, the causes.

You know.And hopefully more investigating about it.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/06/2010 9:01 a.m.

We tend to believe that we are almost genetically the same with our ancestors and that is not so, at least in a significant percentage.
One thing is the genome and something else how the genome applies ... that is delimited by such a great casuistry that it is very difficult to find similarities between 2 cases.
I met a case of some twins, one had diabetes and the other did not ... with similar food, Stréss, very similar life .......

I link a post in which I talked about proteoming and metaboloma:
News-Diabetes/Espana-Tiene-Agujero-Negro-Transladar-Knowledge-T5260.html

DiabetesForo
07/06/2010 10:20 a.m.

Hahaha, I'm sorry, but diabetes causes a failure of the immune system, nothing more and you don't have to turn it around: "If I ate everything ecological would not have diabetes", "If I lived away from the world my immune system would not have attacked theBeta cells of the pancreas ”… Well, the safest thing would not change anything

A few years ago they asked me that if "I deserved diabetes" and of course my face went from Queeé?And he told me, "that if you have done something in life for what you deserve to be diabetic."Let's see .., I am a diabetic since the age of 3, do not touch my noses….Then I remembered another person (who is also a doctor) who told me that diseases such as diabetes appear due to stress situations (clear with 3 years I did not give me time to feed all my wrists, clean the house and work ...).

In my family there is no one more diabetic, my brothers did the analysis to see if they were likely to suffer from diabetes.I look a lot to my sister physically and in fact I went out I don't know that a marker who has a high probability of suffering from it.He is 35 years old and for years they made a sugar curve every year, until he fed up and asked the doctor and this is something?No, nothing can be done to avoid it.

tica's profile photo
tica
07/06/2010 10:30 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Woody Allen when he collected the Prince of Asturias award said:
I don't deserve this award, but I have diabetes and I don't deserve it either
He copied it from another American humorist Jack Benny from the beginning of the last century.

DiabetesForo
07/06/2010 10:39 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaa,
Well, I am the day that I ask myself why, because it has touched me, according to my endocrine they can be due to many factors, but hey, I am learning to live with diabetes, for now I am not taking anything wrong, I am doing lifeNormal, TB is true that I am starting, the educator told me the other day that when the honeymoon passes I will not have such beautiful values ​​as the ones I have.
They should investigate more, we are many diabetics, every day, and to see if they find the expected priest
Greetings

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
07/06/2010 6:07 p.m.

Well, I must be very rare :)) :)), because I do not consider why my immune system went crazy and attacked my beta cells, I had not had any viruses, stressed?Well, if I was something stressed but much less like 7 years before I spent the toughest and most sad experience of my life and then nothing happened, I had a healthy life, it was a lot of sport already then and ate very healthy because I don't like foodgarbage, so I do not waste time asking me questions that have no explanation, or regretting why I do not solve anything with it.My energies I spend to take care of myself and learn to have a good quality of life.

DiabetesForo
07/07/2010 4:18 a.m.

Hello everyone!!!
I am Natalia ... capable we already know each other about this forum ...
I am 31 years old and I have diabetes 20 ... And I tell you a little as it was and it is my experience in relation to the cusas .... I always stay with what my doctors tell me ... immunological problem ....The pancreas ... I leave d day to the other ... others told me that it was due to the fact that just there, at 11 years I had a bacterial, common and current otitis and that unleashed that having the low defensesMy pancreas was affected ... thousands of things that at the time have served me a lot to understand why the first in the family that I have diabetes ... Over time I decided to score myself to study psychology and now almost 4 years ago thatI am already a psychology and work of that ... and you have patients with diabetes and I have made a movement in relation to this issue ... I may seem crazy but it helps me think about this ... I don't kill myself thinking ... I give it toGo ahead and ready if I believe that my pancreas, far from being broken ... is inhibited, that is, I stop working, so suddenly because it was inhibited ... this could have been if for some sum of things that at that timeThey would be happening to me ... although others have the same and have no diabetes ... I could resolve, partly getting sick ... and just as it doesn't work now, I also suppose that at some point I can work again ..It is not an idealistic idea, much less but if I believe that at that particular moment of my life if imported things happened that I believe I could not elaborate, or to say, nor understand and well the body took care of my knowledge, my doubts, myQuilombos and here I am ... taking care of me, I am a person equal to anyone ... I do what I owe and enjoy everything I can ...
At that time my parents were about to separate, divorce ... I did not know ... I knew it later .... spent a long time ... due to the emergence of my illness did not separate ... see if not getting sickI achieved what I sure wanted !! hahahaha and well one is a boy and he does not account for things .... Luckily my old men divorsed at the time despite my diabetes and I say for silver throughwue have been able to rebuild their lives and thatIt's great ...
Some of that I mean ... capable they understand me ..
KISSES
Natalia
GREETINGS!!!!

natalia's profile photo
natalia
07/09/2010 6:58 p.m.

Of course, Natalia, that is the attitude.
No matter why, but how we carry diabetes and that does not prevent what we would do without diabetes.

Health

DiabetesForo
07/09/2010 7:36 p.m.

I have a theory about my diabetes!They say that it can be related to Elycobacter Pylory and this in turn with gastritis and I have suffered gastritis, that added to having had small hyperthyroidism for serious and baseDow and therefore some predisposition to the self -immune because here I am!
But let's give me = as you say what matters to me is to control it and continue with my life that I hope to normalize as soon as possible!
I loved Wody Allen's phrase !!hehe

Bylma's profile photo
Bylma
07/10/2010 7:01 p.m.

Debut 2010,Tipo I.Apidra+Lantus. Glico 7,3% :(

I think the message has been misunderstood, or maybe I could not explain better.
What I intended was not to look for a unique and isolated "cause" of why we suffer diabetes, or worry now about something that I do not know how it happened but I live with it.
I try to go further.I believe in the idea that the disease (any disease) is a response from the organism to something that does not know how to face, it would be as if the human body before something or an event in life that does not know how to face is "deactivated" of itsbalance producing the disease.And although I do not believe in the miraculous priests if I believe in the power of each person on their own body and the functioning of the latter.
What the body does the body undoes.The agency knows more than any doctor, more than any pharmacological laboratory, and above all more than the economic power that results from the disease business.
The person suffering from diabetes in addition to learning to live with it, carrying a balanced diet, doing physical exercise and other healthy habits that will undoubtedly make life better, also has a great hidden power of self -care, more than anything because the natural tendencyThe organism tends towards homeostasis and the balance of all its systems.I propose to understand your diabetes, but no longer as a disease, but as a message that the body needs you to know and that has had no other way to make you know or perhaps you did not understand the messages before diabetes.
In the case of children's diabetes, it may be different, since a child is not aware of all this, but it does unconsciously capture subtle messages of their parents who get to make them their own (since children identify fully with their parents).
This is not an explanation of anything, just an opinion and an invitation to the self-observation of each one.

todosomosuno
07/19/2010 5:22 p.m.

Hello everyone, do not clarify if you have type 1 or type 2 of diabetes.Type 1 is autoimmune, that is, your own immune system attacks the B cells of Langerhans, preventing insulin manufacturing.The mechanism of origin has not been tested, but it points to the virus intervention that would use a protein cover very similar to those of B cells.With this they would deceive the macrophages?For a while, but they ended up forming antibodies against the virus.The problem is that our immune system does not distinguish B cell viruses and attacks them too.
I ended my time, then I continue.

DiabetesForo
07/23/2010 12:39 p.m.

I think that is not the type of information you are looking for.Recently the result of a study that states has been published
That the consumption of white rice increases by 35% the possibilities of contracting type 2 diabetes, compared to the population that consumes it integral, since the absorption of glucose with this is significantly lower.
By the way, you say not to believe that the change of station causes diabetes.Either, but perhaps your doctor what he meant is that seasonal changes trigger crises in diabetics.If you know someone who has chronic stomach problems you can confirm that exactly that happens.And you will say: "What does the stomach have to do with the pancreas?"
Because according to acupuncture.This science matches the organs so that one yang (in this case the stomach)
It harmonizes its energy, balances it, with one yin (in this case the spleen-pension that acupuncture considers as an energy unit).Each couple is assigned a series of relationships, for example a station.The funny thing is that they conceive 5 stations and five cardinal points.And what is the 5th cardinal point?The center!And the 5th station?Well, precisely seasonal changes.
Well, I'm leaving it here.To another.

DiabetesForo
07/23/2010 1:56 p.m.

I think the same as Natalia, I have the internal sensation that my pancreas stop working because I demanded too much to my body, and not taking responsibility for what was happening was the pancreas who did it, inhibiting somehowand notice.With the passage of time and doing personal work I realize that the disease is the entrance door, the warning of an organism that is being required in some sense, beyond what their organization and possibilities allow.By this I mean that somehow that organ that sick warns us or wants to give us a message about something of oursWe have been disturbed, stressed, sad, overwhelmed, traumatized, taking responsibility for it until the limit that a part of it stops working ...
With all this I do not deny or devaluInterior ..... and that every one of us may have something to do with our pancreas does not work, not as a guilt, that never, but as responsibility on our life, as we face it and how we reactBefore your unforeseen ...
I have been glad to read your Email Natalia

todosomosuno
08/18/2010 8:38 a.m.

Well, I don't remember 6 years if any event should happen or what.I only know that in my family there have always been sometimes fat problems and sometimes not so fat ... what I do know is that because of diabetes more than once I felt bad, disappointed with myself for not being able to do according to what things.But now I know that if I didn't do them, it was because of my mother.Because once your conscience begins to work 100% you know that diabetis is not an impediment for anything.
Have you heard of EFT Emotional Liberation Techniques?I have been told that diabetes can be cured with that ... I don't know .. Maybe those of type 2 could work ..:-/

Nita_Wave's profile photo
Nita_Wave
08/19/2010 12:56 p.m.

:-/:-/
But the somatization of stressful or mental effects (gastric separately) is scientifically proven .... much less the opposite path.

It is true that certain states of coping, moods, social or family support favor better disease control ... but from there to cure them a world goes and the one who says that lies, at least today.

DiabetesForo
08/24/2010 3:23 p.m.

I fear that the power of the mind is overvalued.
I still don't know a simple myopic that has ceased to be through the mind, so more serious things, I fear that it will not.

Health

DiabetesForo
08/24/2010 4:19 p.m.

Hello everyone.As you think you know diabetes, it has been known for 3,000 years, with the Egyptians.I don't explain how there is no cure, I can't believe it.As he heard around .. The cure of AIDS exists, but they are not interested, do you understand?We are millions that we suffer from this disease, and I refuse to believe that after 3,000 years, and with how advanced the Madicina has not found clear reasons or cure.
I think this gift with menopause, and a very strong extress for several years came to me.
We do not know what we eat, nor what we breathe, but we work and take care of each other .... :))!
Very enjoyable and interesting what you have written all.I guast me.Thanks and greetings.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
09/30/2010 9:41 a.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

When I discovered that I had type 1 diabetes I had been feeling bad for a year.I was nervous, anxiously, I felt stressed and exhausted.Sometimes my head hurt a lot and I was sweating, so much that my clothes were wet.My body noticed that something was changing and my eating habits began to change;I did not feel like eating heavy things, for example calluses in the Madrid and began to reject the meat.What I wanted most was salad and light things such as soups, vegetable purees, bread and water a lot of water.I love wine, if it is good, heh, heh, and there came a time that or the most special harvest.He ate a lot and began to lose weight.My tiredness was increasing, but as I reason with great ease and I am very active, because I was still doing many things and although it cost me a lot I fulfilled all my obligations and responsibilities.Also because of my way I try not to complain when something bad happens to me but I usually communicate with others trying to conveMoment when I thought I was going to die and then when I told my husband and my parents and siblings they didn't believe me and even laughed as if I were a joke.One day I was vomiting all night and I could not ask them to take me to the emergency room but I had no strength to convince.My voice was going down volume and I could not speak, so the most I got is that they took me to the head doctor of the health center, that despite telling him that I had a throat infection for months that I did notI healed, that they gave me cramps at night that woke me up from pain, that my teeth and teeth hurt in general and that every day I lost weight even though I ate and drank a lot, (I got to weigh 46 kg of 55 that is mynormal weight), I also explained that when I Orinaba felt as if I scoked me but that it was not exactly cystitis, also that I noticed that the skin of my body in general was like very fine and that my hair fell.Well, despite telling him all this and looking at me and treating me as if I were a plasta hypochondriac, he did not consent to make me the analyzes urgently but because of the routine form that took 7 days.After about 10 days they called from the health center to home to warn that they took me to the nearest hospital because there was a great risk of entering diabetic coma for having more than 700 sugar.
This was how I discovered that I had type 1 diabetes with 35 years and without any family history.My positive character, which I am strong and I do a lot of sport in addition to being quite disciplined, has helped me to take it quite well.
As for the causes I have no idea but although it seems lies I felt a kind of relief to know that I had diabetes 1 because uncertainty and not knowing what happened to me made me suffer and feel misunderstood.From there I understood everything because of what was happening and that within what my body fits it reacted quite well because as a defense, it naturally changed my eating habits.
What I realize looking back is that a year earlier I was admitted to the hospital for four days dueI have undergone very difficult and stressful situations for the type of life I have chosen to live, enduring and without complaining.
In a way, diabetes has helped me to meet better, be more reflective and not go hard and share with others how I feel.
After these 6 years of diabetics and read your experiences in the forum, I have realized that controlling the blood sugar level well can be lived equal or better than anyAnother person doing everything you want and without limitations.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share my experience and I hope I have not bored you too much because I see that I have spread more than I thought.
: D

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
09/30/2010 1:10 p.m.

Maravisa I loved reading you.My diabetes is very clear, there are genes, my mother, grandmother and my whole mother's family, I illustrated me I thought that in my case I would pass by, that's why I have always eaten the right thing, I was thin and passed from sweets, but well the story is repeated and I assume it.

Greetings,

Cloud

Nube's profile photo
Nube
09/30/2010 3:59 p.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.