Possible causes of diabetes

todosomosuno's profile photo   07/06/2010 8:56 a.m.

Hello.I am type 1, I debuted 3 years ago, at 29. Now I have 32.

I wanted to comment that the emotional factor is interesting.

In my case, since childhood I ate all kinds of junk food, especially industrial pastries, it cannot be said to take care of the truth.When I was small, from 8 to 15 years or so, I abused sugarly from sugar, today I think about the barbarities that ate and it seems disgustingly sweet, how to make me a packet and put a quarter of condensed milkAnd things like that.To anything sweet I ate, however cloying, I threw a jet of condensed milk.

Later, when I entered the twenties I started to reduce these amounts of sugar considerably and began to eat more and more healthy.When I debuted, it was precisely in the stage of my life in which I was better feeding me.

However, just before debuting, throughout the previous year, I lived a series of emotions that I had never experienced and I was subjected to great stress, having to receive psychiatric treatment.

So if they asked me, according to my experience, I believe that the triggers of type 1 do not have so much to do with food but with emotional stability, or rather emotional instability.

Carlos1979's profile photo
Carlos1979
05/07/2011 4:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Researchers believe that diabetes has a multifactorial determinant, its cause is not one.

It is clear that there must be a base, a genetic predisposition.
From there, my opinion coincides with that of Carlos ... a strong stress (call him nerves or call him emotional alteration) makes the immune system idiot and do his work of destruction.
Like problems with the thyroid they cause changes in the emotional state (and we already know how related diabetes and thyroid) it is not strange to think about the opposite direction: emotional problems change the behavior of our body.
Of course, this only serves a part of the DM1 ... because in case of children this does not fit.:-/

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/08/2011 2:05 a.m.

Hello good!I have no one with a history of diabetes in my family.I have always abused eating sweet things, although I have always been very thin.Also emotionally I have been a bit nervous and variant, but we believe that my diabetes comes because of the use of a nasal spray with corticosteroids, that I was using it for some time by allergic rhinitis ... I think that corticosteroid is very bad for diabetesAnd my endocrine had already heard a family to blame these types of medications ... so I don't know that I never find out about the true cause ... :(

roxio89's profile photo
roxio89
06/27/2011 2:15 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.