Possible causes of diabetes

todosomosuno's profile photo   07/06/2010 8:56 a.m.

I do spend a time of stress (although I didn't find much much) but I don't wantWe want to control our diabetes but looking for the cause is very important because it would help find a cure and prevent it ... so it has happened with all the diseases that have been in the history of diseases ...

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/30/2010 5:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am with Owash and Alea in this debate, and the truth is that regardless of being the first cases of diabetics in the family or not, I think the explanation is simple.No one knows why mutations occur and some make sense, but they are constantly produced in the natural and point environment, and some for good, so it is not surprising that someone is the first in the family (as is mycase) As Alea says, I believe that the power of the mind is overvalueI think that the mood influences recovery, but I would never say that thinking about positive will cure me diabetes or any other disease.In a way - and forgiveness for my controversial opinion in advance - I consider that thinking that we can cure ourselves is like denying the disease, or at least not adapting to it or letting it become a reason for anguish or disgust with ourselves.

All the best

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
10/01/2010 11:58 a.m.

I expose my case: no antecedent of diabetes in my family.20 years ago a measles, at 15 days I am diagnosed with the disease type1 diabetes.My brother a month after me, also catches a measles, at 15 days it is diagnosed type 1 diabetes like me.Does anyone have an explanation?My case is studied by doctors in Madrid.

david29's profile photo
david29
10/07/2010 12:13 p.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

David, it is shown that some types of viruses can trigger diabetes 1, although they say that there must be a genetic predisposition.
I hope that one day a vaccine appears on that way ..
Greetings :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/07/2010 3:37 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

In my case I am Type2, I have a history of paternal grandparents and father, they have always told me that it has been for this reason that I have it, my sister 10 years older than I do not have it.
I know that what I am going to say is a barbarity but I really think like this: the fact of having type2 diabetes for 2 years has forced me to undergo a much more healthy type of life (diet, sport, tobacco, alcohol, not alcoholism) Of which I had until the moment I was diagnosed, due to this change and that of course I have been very controlled, in a way I am glad to have reached that situation because I am happier with the current way of life.
And I am really not very convinced that without a situation like that I would have been able to make the change of life that diabetes forces myself to perform.

antoni's profile photo
antoni
10/15/2010 7:38 a.m.

Antoni, you would have been capable, that is clear.But we always usually do things when we see that we have no choice and that we really need them, it often happens.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
10/15/2010 11:37 a.m.

Well ... I already pronounced in some post about all, and I repeat, all diseases have a mental component (even a simple cold) and to a greater or lesser extent a biological component (genetic, infectious ...) is the greatparadigmatic change we need in medicine.As long as we do not address the mental component of the disease, the results will be incomplete.

More and more of the immunoneuroendocrine axis is spoken, that is, the immune system (our defenses) and our endocrine (hormonal) system are closely related to our nervous system (whose main headquarters are the head, chorla, roof or brain or as we wantcall).That is, the mind directly influences the rest of the body (it has been shown that certain mood states influence the secretion of many hormones) and popular culture is wise about it ("I stressed and a herpes came out ...).Made some mood states cause desirable states at the level of defenses.

There are even theories of 1-2 centuries more than validated (Lease Stress Law or SELYE LAW).Repeated stress (understanding stress as a situation that requires overexertion) entails an adaptation (it is thanks to this that we can adapt to the environment) but the price to be paid are cortisol and adrenaline discharges that are not precisely good for health (that is,stress the minimum and necessary).Personally I think this is one of the causes of more diabetes (in our society we live very accelerated).

Regarding the theory that it is autoimmune, there is talk that certain viral infections in genetically predisposed patients make the immune system attack on the pancreas by error.My question is_ Why genetically the same individuals (twins) or similar (brothers) sometimes present such different greetings?My answer (I know I am talking about a personal belief, but I have it) is that the mind acts as a modulator, let's say that it "gives permission" or "opens the door" to loss of health.That is why it seems important to me a mental approach in the mécico act and an educational system designed to create powerful, brave and own initiative minds (that is, the opposite to what we have now).

Greetings to all.

pedro jiménez's profile photo
pedro jiménez
10/16/2010 7:23 a.m.

Pedro, I understand what you mean and I think that nobody has subtracted importance to the psychological factor that helps or predisposes to recovery or makes that it gets better and it is totally true that stress situations sometimes produce things of this type (down defenses of defenses, the system attacks everything that caught, headaches ... many things)

The claim of these new medical aspects can be positive (I do not doubt it) but they should not replace science as such: to my nine years and a happy childhood, hardly diabetes may be due to my psyche or stress.

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
10/18/2010 10:52 a.m.

Montrial, I appreciate your opinion because it gives rise to a completely creative dialogue.I do not agree that no one has forgotten the psychological factor, since managers, doctors and educators forget it daily (not all) and dedicates little training in this regard.

Of course, the cause of the disease is biological (today we cannot deny science) and in fact the theory is seelied is based on the scientific method and comes to make peace between two realities that seemed different.I just want to say that in any chronic disease (whose production mechanisms are biochemicals) the course and the results depend much more than is believed on emotional factors, which in the end also end up translating into biochemical responses.This translated into Christian leads you to fight because people are treated as such and not as numbers.

Anyway, I want to influence that some things can be personal opinions and beliefs, so I'm glad of answers such as yours, since it gives from the basis that dialogue is always enriching (although our politicians in general have been in charge of ridiculingthe word dialogue).

All the best

pedro jiménez
10/18/2010 12:37 p.m.

Fuck ... I want to contribute one more things ... I've been reading some of the answers ... what a fabric ... is that the "power of the mind" I would interpret it in its fair measure.Send the hell ask someone if he thinks he deserves to have diabetes as they did to Tica is something very delicate.Genetics is there, you know, two green peas are crossed and none comes out yellow ... there is a lotA genetically pre-preipued person is just like a measles virus, but we are not in a world in which God punishes with diseases those who have behaved badly (I think that magical-religious thought is a bit outdated).

I personally agree to use the scientific method since it prevents us from deceiving us some undesirable ones that within low ethical organizations promise strange things.But I must also notice that the scientific method is also being used to deceive masses in some cases.Personally I believe what I see and what I experiment (especially what I experience).To this day, insulin guidelines are made, but I have not yet managed to lower sugar with psychotherapy.

Some people (some scientists publishing in magazines of a certain prestige) are beginning to insinuate that some mutations that seem random may not be so much, but they have not pronounced the word environment, stress, or mind.The day they pronounce and demonstrate "scientifically" the association between some "mental characteristics" and biological mutations we can talk about the power of the mind with a scientific and serious character.

Today I can only demonstrate that if you think of a good dish of serrano ham, you begin to salivate, that is, there is a real physiological response to a mental image (when I refer to mental image I would also be worth a mental expression) but this is alreadyPavlov demonstrated it a long time ago.

I hope that little by little the dilemma will be clarified since it is not so complicated.The mind influences and should be taken into account (taking it into account is sometimes as easy as being kind) but we should not lose our heads either.

Another greeting

pedro jiménez
10/18/2010 12:56 p.m.

... I wanted to take the opportunity to leave you 3 things that I loved:

Phrase said by the prestigious Brazilian oncologist Drauzio Varella: "In today's world, five times more is being invested in medications for male and silicone virility for women, than in the cure of Alzheimer'sBig and old with hard penis, but none of them will remember to serve.

Here some scientists say that love activates brain areas that are analgesic ... Anyway, whatever happens you can improve it with a romantic evening: Link ... algesicos/

And finally leave you the link of the "The Creative Being: 1st Congress of Bright Minds".It is celebrated within a couple of days in Malaga and as proof of its quality it is enough to quote one of the speakers: Eduardo Punset.

That is what this world of crisis needs (fuck, as the little word) have put us in our heads) creative people.

pedro jiménez
10/18/2010 1:06 p.m.

Hello, here I am again.I want to tell you that I read you often, but I don't know what to say, I'm so arta.
On the causes, I have it almost clear, it is certainly hereditary, but those who are the only ones in the family What?.I rule out food and causes of contamination, because what is clear is that this disease is older than eating, and formerly ate natural and there was no pollution.I think it is a wear, simply this organ is broken, speaking of course, and I say again that I think it is for "pysic and mental stress", is my case.Depression, stress, taking things very seriously and suffering, tachycardia etc.
You have to be encouraged as it is, and I do so, I have a hem of 8.9, and now I punish me four times, it is hard for me to come the hem.I have to get it, and I will get it.: D
Greetings, you are great.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
11/14/2010 2:03 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

... And I continue, no pajolera idea of ​​the causes, but we are already for more than 4 million people with diabetes in Spain (yesterday I was imbestigating) and what gives me the most anger, is that more and more children are born withThis condemnation.
And what gives me the most joy is that people with many years of diabetes have no complications.Control and constancy is indispensable.There are people who live alone and with their diabetes, and they have no spirits to take care of themselves, they forget to puncture, they do not eat well, and hence the problems.The spirits make a lot, alone or accompanied.
There are Messrs. Scientists load the batteries and give us a joy.! .. o'clock :))

Consu's profile photo
Consu
11/17/2010 11:55 a.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Hello amazing,

I loved reading your case, because I feel very identified.In my case I felt bad all the previous year;With sudden whicets, dizziness, sweat, problems with digestions, nausea.The thing I went to the cardiologist came so much for a review thinking that I had some heart disease.Then, the thirst began, the desire to urinate, the hunger ... until the day they finally diagnosed me they called the laboratory home to tell us that we went to emergency because I had the glucose to more than 500.

I am diabetic of type 1, they just diagnosed with 40 years and I don't have any direct history: in my family I am the first diabetics.However, my mother had rheumatoid arthritis all her life, which is another autoimmune disease with very similar markers and the same gene associated with the development of the disease.In many cases, artiritis and diabetes are presented together: it has not been my case, nor was it that of my mother ... but I keep thinking that the disease can come out there.Anyway, the truth is that I have/we have it :)!

Maria J.'s profile photo
Maria J.
11/25/2010 8:39 a.m.

Indeed, the one who says that "heals everything" through the mind or exercise or through the mind lies.Psychology and sport the most they do is improve the course of diseases (how curious, the same as medicine).Really the interesting of a well -trained mind and physical/diet exercise is in the preventive phase, yes, that to which so little attention is paid because it is not a business).

We bring "standard" a body trained to run, jump, climb ... and instead of giving what we need we sit in a chair 8 hours in a row and then we lay on the couch to watch TV (it is logical that our bodyis not grateful).

Messrs. The exercise is even more important in prevention than in the control of the disease.

I recently read a theory that I loved, and, although I am not scientifically described (it may not be interested in being) I share it with my clinical experience.The disease is in many cases 1st functional and over the years it becomes organic (in this case I am not talking about diabetes that is a disease that fulfills biology).I mean those symptoms for those who find no explanation (nothing is seen, neither in analysis, radiographs or anything ...) and with time things appear (tumors, rheumatisms ...).I think that in that phase in which nothing is seen, it can be influenced by exercise and mind.

Regarding the effects of the mind on health and the immune system if they are described (and therefore now I speak with more property and not of personal opinions and experiences) the "storms" of neuropeptides (substances similar to hormones) that are triggeredon the hypothalamus-hypophysis axis (gland located at the base of the skull that governs the rest of the glands) before certain mental states.These aspects will develop in the coming years (I hope that in a scientific way and for the good of society).

pedro jiménez
12/09/2010 4:36 a.m.

Read Mr. Jimenez, very interesting.It is true that you have to exercise, but the doctor has told me not to do it, for now, the truth is that I move a lot, because of the work of my house and I can't stand what a movie lasts.I am very thin, and I would only miss sports.Exercise is something that a doctor has to advise you, there are people who must do it by force, but in moderation.It is my opinion.I'm sitting on the computer, and I can't!Greetings.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
12/09/2010 2:25 p.m.

I am glad to read so much diversity of opinion and experiences.I have type 1 diabetes for two years (now I have 27).No case in the family, I have always fed well and I have not consumed the amount of garbage products in the market, I have practiced exercise for years ... in short, that of all the factors that doctors tell me I do not fulfill any.That, yes, a year before having diabetes I suffered a serious infection in the kidney.The months passed and I was presented with a situation that I lived very overwhelmed, stressed, suddenly and that clearly noticed how my way of carrying it was affecting me, I did not sleep at night and days the lived ones lived very off, with pressure and tension.... A few months later, one day, I got up and did not see well, I saw everything blurred, I went to the optics and suddenly I had myopia.I lost 7 kg, I stayed in forty -something, I was without eating more than a week because I was not hungry and I didn't feel my food well.I remember one day that I left home and drank a lotBecause every 20 minutes I needed to urinate and the feeling of thirst was every time stronger .... I lost strength at times, there came a point where I couldn't even talk, I talked to breathe .... I just wanted to sleep....
I did not know the symptoms of diabetes, now I see that I had them all ... thanks to my family I went to the Emergency doctor (I didn't want anything .... just sleep ...), I had the bad luck to meetAn incompetent doctor, who told me that what I had was an anxiety attack, Diazepan prescribed me and told me to take an appointment with the psychiatrist ........ not happy with this we went to the hospital and there I was directlyThree days in the ICU .... at the edge of the diabetic coma, since I arrived with a glucose level close to 1000. A few days later I recovered the vision completely and I feel grateful for not having any other damaged organ.
I have the feeling that this time of my life that I lived so stressful was influential and even decisive in the development of diabetes.
Two years have passed, and after reading a lot on the subject and doing personal work, I cannot put aside the emotional component of the disease as an important factor in the development of any ailment.
We cannot omit that we are a whole, we are biological cells, we are emotions, we are mind, we are spirit ... we are a totality.It is not about the power of the mind, it is about perceiving ourselves as a globality in which everything influences us.
I now live with diabetes, to days better and others not so much, but what is true is that it has helped me to know certain parts of mine, I have changed the way of relating to others and I appreciate certain things of life that beforeI was overlooked .... The disease is an aid not to forget ourselves or to recover what we had already forgotten ....
Greetings to all

todosomosuno's profile photo
todosomosuno
05/04/2011 11:18 a.m.

In addition, even if it is very sad to say this, I suspect that if there was a cure for diabetes they would not make it known ... we are a bar.... How many billions or trillion dollars can we win a year?
Although it is sad and difficult to believe ... we are part of your business, and what interests is to continue earning money with this, it does not interest that a diabetic is cured ...
I appreciate having artificial insulin, without it it is clear that now I could not live, but I am already tired of allopathic medicine that only makes you maintain chronic patients .... nothing more ..... every time I see more clear thedeficiencies of conventional medicine in terms of health and the business that derives from the disease ...

todosomosuno's profile photo
todosomosuno
05/04/2011 11:43 a.m.

Ok, it will have many shortcomings but so far no alternative medicine has given us a better solution, because insulin is irreplaceable, without it we are not going to live ..... so I continue to trust conventional medicine, no doubt.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/04/2011 11:50 a.m.

Well, as I said in another thread, no history, or poor diet and perhaps stress (today that is not stress problem), but come on, I think it is worth spending resources looking for a solution to try to find the reason.

In addition, today, diabetes is nothing.It doesn't hurt, nor annoyed and can be controlled.

Lew's profile photo
Lew
05/04/2011 3:49 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.