{'en': 'I need to vent me !!!', 'es': 'Necesito desahogarme!!!'} Image

I need to vent me !!!

tica's profile photo   08/27/2013 6:42 a.m.

I'm up to diabetes eggs, I say it!If it is not enough to live with the punctures, glycemia, discomfort, schedules ... you also have to endure the opinion of the people ... and normally I sweat it, but now it will be the drop that Colme the glass with my husband.I have never written on this topic, but I can't anymore !!!

I have been a very self -sufficient person with the issue of diabetes, I have already told it several times in the forum that my parents being very small, they told me, "it is your problem you manage" and I have always lived like this, and I have alwaysTransmitted that diabetes will not stop me to do anything.Little by little I have been running out of friends, because I could not keep up with drunkenness (it was to feel judged again and again, that if you are soda, that if I do not know what ... that if I know a diabetic to beTake more fat drunkenness than mine, so if it is true that you cannot leave, almost better not to live .... I have come to listen to burrads of all kinds, that more or less slipped me) with my husband there I had my firstConflict, which is still weighing ... after the weekend after weekend I will stay alone on the couch watching a movie, I said that here ... that he decided, but I was not going to spend my next years like this.So we became the two sosos of the gang and he still weighs of course the selfish was me, because he put diabetes as an excuse not to leave ... (exit I mean, that all those of the gang ended up vomiting ...

Then the sport began, all Guay, when we did "normal things" but suddenly a weekend we wanted to throw 200km by bike, I said it did not go, that I could give me a horse hypoglycemia.That if there was a training behind I could raise it, but without being used to not.Nobody understands me when I say those things, because "I do not look sick" I am (or I was) in much better way than the rest of friends.And if I ever have hypoglycemia I don't start telling everyone, I take a sugar, I take it and follow the activity.So they don't know what I am talking about ... the solution is the same is being all day ayyy what a unfortunate of me .... !!!(What I refuse)

The last is that my husband has relaxed so much, that if I ask him to bring me a juice, he tells me that I get up, that I am sending him all day (I will have a 2 two hypos a week, and I almost never ask himNothing) The other day I wake up at night, and he hadn't fallen asleep yet.And I was very bad.The meter has it on his bedside table, because I have the little one stuck to bed, I say "go, do an analysis that I find bad" and tells me that until the game does not end it does not do it to me, protest, and almostI start my finger from me that he did to me.I did not want to argue at the time, but the next day he told me, "you have to have more patience, you want everything already" that same day, I had a hiccup, my hands were shaking, I couldn't open an energy bar, I said thatI opened it and told me to wait for something on my mobile ... the situation among us is not the best in the world, but this behavior is sinking me ...

I'm sorry for the roll I've released, but I needed it.

tica's profile photo
tica
08/27/2013 6:42 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I'm very ethical.And I understand you why I have thought about something similar about my partner (I hope you don't read this, because it is an open forum).The passage of time is not good in this matter, because one gets used to one, and even to live with someone expert in diabetes as you are and to see that this self -sufficient person knows how to manage them alone in almost everything.But sometimes help is necessary.And there must be our partner to do it.The cases that you count do not paint well, because they indicate a neglect and a bad proceed by your partner.You should talk to make things clear.And in the same way that we diabetics usually do "recycling" courses, they should also recycle in solidarity and understanding towards us.Do not forget that even if it seems, we have limitations that they do not have.

And I am also up to diabetes eggs.I've been burned for a long time.I've been two years old for 27 years without giving me four.And that in my head gives me system error.And I see that more years mean more chances of having problems.and my attempts to maintain control do not always take effect.And it burns a lot.And sometimes I also notice that in my house they do not understand me quite well.This issue is complicated.No one said it was easy.

This is why the coexistence that are usually made in seminars that last a weekend are so good and repairing.They are mentally liberating.Parent that we cannot do a us :)

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/27/2013 7:11 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

As I understand you, now I don't have much time to release my roll, but on many occasions, I am at the same place as you, if I have not found myself well, I have taken, sometimes with a cloudy view and everythingAnd I have gone to my control and for the corresponding sugar and my partner has not even learned ... at the beginning of being together, which has been more than two years ago, I cared more, but I suppose that as it has already become accustomedThat I stew it and eat it, it doesn't matter ... and now that I am with the bomb, I need a lotAnd thanks to you in large part, I have not returned to the eldrino ... well, said that, that I need me to wonder how I am going, because it has been present in my thousand crying attacks that I have been in a month for this subject,And he doesn't ...
It is how bad we have the people who are independent, that those around us, get used to we don't need anything, and when we do, instead of giving it the importance we have, because we ask for help, it is PQ really need it, we need it,They think it's nothing urgent ... I don't know if I explain myself ...
At the moment my solution is to change the chip a bit and not give it more importance than it has, since I overwhelm myself and with that over my partner ... it is complicated ... although they also have to claim the attention we need...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/27/2013 7:17 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Gondrullo, I also understand you ... I think it's a normal feeling in diabetics that have so many years of evolution ...

A coexistence we could not do, but a little bit ...: -C
Nor do I know where each one is, but I don't know ... the same thing could be organized ... even with couples or families, because I think they would also be good to talk to each other ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/27/2013 7:22 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

In the end the solution is then to marry us.Pure Endogamy.Thus always worry about the other :-)

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/27/2013 7:22 a.m.

hahaha that would be an option ... but our species would not last hahaha

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/27/2013 7:26 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

Do not believe, intrusive.The possibilities for a son of two type 1 diabetic parents to have the disease from 5% to 8% that I remember.In fact, you have more chances of having many other things.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/27/2013 7:31 a.m.

What a percentage, right?It is good to know ;-)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/27/2013 7:43 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

I think I belong to that non -durable species!hahaha my husband and I are the two diabetics.

After 10 years as boyfriends and 2 living together, because there are moments we do not always run on each other with the sugar in hand, I think it is or not the diabetic couple there are moments, but if there is some understanding towards the other,When you see that the other is a bit baffled, you say automatically do a control that you have a fixed hypoglycemia, or I have lost your knowledge a couple of times sleeping when they changed me to the lantus and I discovered that I shouldn't put it at night, because alsoFor pure concern I have ever woken up and my partner doing control and when I asked him, because telling you that he was sweating a lot and in doubt he has put me a control.

The facts is not bad !!In fact, I used to do with other people from another forum that no longer exists (in fact that is where I met my husband!), I went well because I started going with 15 years and together with people of all agesAnd his relatives and how do you not face the people you talk to!

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
08/27/2013 9:18 a.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

Tica, I understand you too.Although I am not a diabetic, but I think what happens to you has more to do with being (or appearing) strong and self -sufficient.We create around us the feeling that we can with everything, that nothing affects us.I remember that the day they discharged me, after being born by caesarean section my 2nd son, we moved home.And, although I did not load weight, I did not stop taking things, making food, taking care of two young children and cleaning.And they had removed the points that same day.
Maybe it's time that, from time to time, let's say "I can't", or even "I don't feel like it."
And also, of course, give a good punishment on the table.
Good luck, beautiful.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/27/2013 10:28 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is that you also Alea ... how gross ... I have gotten up peaceful hehehe and more than a punch, I would put the cards on the table, hehehe
A little empathy, Porfi ...
: -C

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/27/2013 11:15 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

The first thing a hug, ethical.

If Alea has something is empathy, I don't know another thing, but to understand people he knows a while.

Philosopher a little;Well, rather I put the psychologist costume.

It is a habitual profile, among DM1, being very independent with our disease (and it has to be like this: internal control locus, coping style and other psychological theories support it).
But we forget that the independence of the DM does not correspond to the emotional dependence or the sentimental dependence.
Some are sentimentally independent, but emotionally dependent.

We need to feel understood, supported, understood - also with the DM - even if we do things wrong, even if we say inconvenient things in inopportune moments, that we put the leg ...

We need to express joys, sorrows, fear, shame, hate, optimism ... emotions there are many.

We also need to feel happiness, indignation, pain, apathy, frustration, pride ... there are also a few.

Because we live like any other person.
Health professionals should treat people, not diseases.In the same way that our partners must assume our disease because it is part of our person.
No one who knows me, could imagine me oblivious to the DM.It is impossible.
He comes with me, yes or yes, that is not negotiated.
And that entails many certain things to assume.

That said, a tica hug.

DiabetesForo
08/27/2013 12:12 p.m.

Thank you very much to everyone

tica's profile photo
tica
08/27/2013 5:48 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Elemo Tica .., I have no partner and I live with my brother a year younger than me and with my mother for circles of life.I understand what you say perfectly, sometimes we get used to not asking anyone for help and we believe we can with everything alone but I think it is better to ask for help in time.
In my case I have to be the fort or at least try because my brother has mental retardI speak of mine if I have no friends, who left me for something similar to yours, and I have no partner? I have to do the forte even if I can't take care of them, that's why I signed up for the forum to vent something.
Last year Endocrine himself told me about a group of people, all diabetics, who Ivan to carry out a diabetic support program and their families.I signed up through him and we went twice a month to a mini coexistence of an hour and a half a day with the support of a psychologist from the department of the Faculty of Psychology of Salamanca;There they helped me and also reminded the families that we need support.The family also came to speak and agree on the issue of diabetes.
Well what I mean with this roll is that why don't you ask the endocrine if in your autonomous community there is something similar if you are interested;Here it is called "coexist" program and did not depend on diabetic associations but was sponsored by Roche.
I don't know, it came very well and this year I miss it.
A hug.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
08/28/2013 7:09 a.m.

The latter that AJD comments is what I wanted to highlight at the end of my first message;The importance of having someone you notice by your side.another "like you".
I explained it for a long time here in my association's blog, and I titled it "the power of the congeners."Hence the importance of associations, and within these, of coexistence, meetings, or whatever you want to call them.We in ours tried to make a full weekend coexistence at a hotel;That provides an incredible psychological relief to attending people, regardless of the theoretical talks or sessions they attend.

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/28/2013 1:06 p.m.

I'm going to look at mine, because I am not interested in her ... :(
In addition, as you say, I think that both and my partner, I would go from Fable ...
because I see, the remaining between us will be very complicated, each one is from a tip hehehe

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/28/2013 2:28 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991

ethics, how are you today?

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/28/2013 2:50 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991

It's complicated haha, thanks for asking!

Gondurulo, would there be an option to go to those "coexistence" without being from the Basque Country?The association here works very badly

tica's profile photo
tica
08/28/2013 3:29 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello everyone ... Tica, the first thing a hug.I guess you will have to sit to talk long and lying, better soon than late.Sometimes we are not aware of things, and as you say, we relax ... if there is disposition, surely everything comes to fruition.
The second ... Amoavé, most adult diabetics that I know are so self -sufficient, independent, nosthearts and such and such that they scare, and many times those who live with them, they may not know how to act ...
It is not my case, fortunately, and perhaps it is because I met my diabetic husband after taking some years taking care of my diabetic daughter, so I know the disease so much and what it has known that it is impossible to refuse to open a gluco, orMeasure the rapidity that a hypo requires (you already know, the things of the children are lived as if it were) ... I say this, because I have spoken with some battle friends, who do not want to involve those who arearound.They claim to be them, they and they who carry the reins of their diabetes (I always say that this is a complex of something ... I´m sorry!) ... Fortunately my husband, absolutely "enough", he falls asleepLoosely knowing that when I get up to measure my girl I will measure tb.To him ... In fact, he wakes up to ask how many insulin units I correct or how much sugar is taken.He gives me certain attributions that I assume so happily and that TB.It is a meeting point between us
So to adult diabetics, Joer, let you help a little, right?that you are not going to stop being as ".... entities" as always.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
08/28/2013 9:32 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

One of the best things I remember from my passage through the associations are the ones with similar people.Always salts reinforced them.

DiabetesForo
08/29/2013 7:29 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.