{'en': 'What is the best prick?Or the least painless?', 'es': 'Cuál es el mejor PINCHADOR? O el menos indoloro?'} Image

What is the best prick?Or the least painless?

helora's profile photo   01/07/2011 8:14 a.m.

For now we have only tried the one that comes in the Opium Xceed set, but I have thought that maybe there is another puncture of some brand that is better than this one we have.

Thank you

helora's profile photo
helora
01/07/2011 8:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

All puncture systems (that of Bayer, Menarini, Lifescan, Abbott's, ...) are similar, in fact their consumables (lancetas) are interchangeable among all (you can put the lancets of a brand inthe puncture bowl of another).

The only difference between one and the other puncture bowling is that some (today most) allow regulating what the lancet penetrates (Abbott's allows).

Abbott

Lifescan

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/07/2011 8:51 a.m.

I also have that glucometer but I use another prick, one that puts `` microlet '', and is from Bayer, at level 1 or 2. (In TNT's comment it is the last photo the strongest)
I puncture in the lateral zone of the fingers, not in the yolk because it hurts a lot but.On the sides nothing hurts.;).Even if they are all the same, I have taken the truquillo with this because with the one that came in the optium I always hurt me even if I click on level 1.

Greetings!:)

María2542006's profile photo
María2542006
01/07/2011 8:55 a.m.

TNT, thank you very much for the explanation.The one we used with the child (he is two years old) is the first one you have put, at level 3 ... there were times that I above all, if he punctured it with the 2, then he had to be learning a little about his finger to force him to force whatThe drop would go well (then the "torture" lasted more seconds and the anger of the mico was increasing: oops: ... and with the 3 I do not fail, it may be convenient now that I have some more practice that proves again in2:-/

Do you know if Aloe Vera or Rosa Mosqueta oil will go well for the "fingers"?

<BLOCKQUOTE MARÍA2542006 "" = "" REL = "It is the last photo the widest)
I puncture in the lateral zone of the fingers, not in the yolk because it hurts a lot but.On the sides nothing hurts.;).Even if they are all the same, I have taken the truquillo with this because with the one that came in the optium I always hurt me even if I click on level 1.

Greetings!: ... </blockquote>
If it hurts, that I have already tried it and not only the time of the puncture is noticeable but also a good time later ... on the sides we are clicking on him too, trying to alternate all those of them on both sides, for the moment one isHe denies with everyone equally, so the good thing about that is that there is no preference for "crushing" only one.

helora's profile photo
helora
01/07/2011 9:03 a.m.

It only hurt at the beginning of debuting, a couple of months later I had already numbing it so much picar and nothing hurt, nor hurts me.I have never punctured the fat fingers, the rest I have a little crushed and I give myself a petroleum jelly (the pink boat) from time to time and it goes very well.

María2542006's profile photo
María2542006
01/07/2011 10:03 a.m.

You can try the ACCU-Chek Softclix, use flat lancetas instead of the rounds of the rest of the puncturers.
To my liking is the least damage:

I use it at the minimum level without problems.

A small trick is to always have hot hands before puncturing, the blood is much easier: wash your hands with hot water or hot cloth ...

As children grow up, in addition to getting used (they have no other:?) Pinches, skin sensitivity is less and there is somewhat less discomfort.

DiabetesForo
01/07/2011 11:54 a.m.

Based on my experience, I can undoubtedly say that for me, the best prick is that of Roche, both in its new version (Multiclix with needles integrated into a charger) and in its "old" version (the legendary Softclix).

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/10/2011 5 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

My vote for Acu-Chek.And at night, when he went to bed, neutrogena in his hands.I have always used it for other causes, and it keeps working now.

It has a wonderful capacity: heal the cuts produced by melamine boards better than any other remedy.And they are small cuts and that take a long time to close in normal conditions.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
01/11/2011 3:35 a.m.

Nacho, the neutrogen cream you use has the blue or red cap?

I already see that the favorite puncture is that of Acu-Chek, for this they serve the lancets they give in the SS, those of BD of the medium?

helora's profile photo
helora
01/11/2011 7:31 a.m.

TNT, all puncturers are not the same, or similar ...

My vote also for the accu-chek ... I have given me one that has seven lancets and I think it still does less damage than the simple.A question, how much do you change the lancetas?I am a disaster and I can be months with the same lancet: Oops:

In Zaragoza, the SS does not cover the lancetas (of any puncture), although sometimes the endocrine gives me some box that this point of expiring ....

tica's profile photo
tica
01/11/2011 8:27 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

: Shock: The lancetas are for only one use, that is what they have told us both in the consultation and in the hospital and what the manufacturer also recommends.

helora's profile photo
helora
01/11/2011 8:41 a.m.

Tica, the same thing happens to me with the lancetas ...
Maybe they don't spend months, but weeks yes ...
I try to change it when I remember that I have been ...

DiabetesForo
01/11/2011 8:43 a.m.

Helora,
hahaha ... I know that the lancetas are for a use .... in theory, but hey, you are relaxing and in the end you do not change them so frequently ... I know that the one month is excessive, but it is for laziness: P when it begins to hurt the change a bit.Nor do I think you have to change it in each puncture, if the puncture is personal (as is the logical) I do not think it is needed.
It was just out of curiosity

tica's profile photo
tica
01/11/2011 8:49 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

All puncture systems have to do exactly that, a puncture, click and how they will prick they will cause some pain, at first everyone will hurt.

You have to avoid as far as possible to the yolk area of ​​the finger and go more to the lateral area (which is less sensitive).Between that and that over time the fingers are getting used to a time that the puncture system is indifferent.

Today all or almost all puncture systems allow regulating the penetration of the puncture, nowadayIn the puncture and pain when "squeeze") in this second case with the added problem that if it takes more than the account to put the drop in the strip the machine goes out and you have to take out and put thePull being able to spoil that strip.

Someone who begins to do controls, who is not used to becoming controls, will have pain and that will not solve the PCU-Chek puncture system or any and the problem I do not think it is because of the lancets sinceIn principle they are interchangeable (you can put lancets of a brand in the puncture ball of another brand and there are a lot of brands).

The lancetas while using a single person and as long as it does not hurt (because something is delayed) you can spend a lot of time (although being months it seems excessive).In a hospital and in greeting centers it is normal for them to use only for a puncture but each patient at home only uses them and can save a little making a lancet last at least a week.

DiabetesForo
01/11/2011 9:01 a.m.

In addition to hygiene, the fine tip of that needle will deteriorate very easily, after several uses it will be so degraded that the puncture will be more painful ...

This happens with the needles and the lancetas will be similar
Link style = "max-Width: 300px;

I do not want to convince you of anything,: Oops: Moreover, you all know much more than me, but I will continue to give them a single use and more after seeing that photo:-/

helora's profile photo
helora
01/11/2011 9:10 a.m.

TNT,
The accu-chek laccentas are not worth another clicks (inversely them) I suppose you have not tried that puncture because there is much difference, I have several at home, and sometimes for laziness if I have the puncture on another plant, I use one of thenormal (those that serve all the lancetas) and yes, an egg is noticeable ...
The other day, the nurse of the header doctor gave me a puncture to use and throw, it is a chlorine that carries a lancet (it cannot be changed) is very small (about 5cm) and is disposable.He gave it to me for when I go to the mountain so I don't have to carry the prick Gordete ... and Jo that does hurt !!!I play the pricks of 20 years ago ...

tica's profile photo
tica
01/11/2011 9:25 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Well, what I do is change the lancet every morning when I do the first control of the day, so I do not forget and I make about 6 punctures with each one.The more punctures with the lanceta the more pain ..... so the better it soon changed them.

DiabetesForo
01/11/2011 10:08 a.m.

Tica, of those disposables use in the hospital and told us that we better use ours because the needle was more finite and less.

The lancets for the accu-chek also give them or do you have to buy them?

helora's profile photo
helora
01/11/2011 3:13 p.m.

Can the punctors buy loose?I use Abbott's because he who used before broke me, that I don't remember the brand, but in the end I think they are all similar, what varies is custom and have to graduate the penetration ...

Beauty's profile photo
Beauty
01/17/2011 4:52 p.m.

Hello, my 10 -year -old son debuted only 4 months ago, they have told us that the needles for one time and we are doing so, both those of the puncture and the needles of the pen.

Nick's profile photo
Nick
01/18/2011 7:54 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.