{'en': 'How is the character of a diabetic?', 'es': '¿Como es el caracter de un diabetico?'} Image

How is the character of a diabetic?

fer's profile photo   03/08/2011 9:08 a.m.

Sometimes ourselves, or our "sweets" children, colleagues, friends become a bit irritable ... the question is ...

Is it due to each one?Or is it a common characteristic of diabetics?

What do you think?

:-/:-/:-/

fer's profile photo
fer
03/08/2011 9:08 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It depends on how we have glycemia at the time we irritate ourselves .....
Normaglycemia: Something will then have done to irritate us !!:))

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
03/08/2011 10:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

One of my hip symptoms is that I make me irritable, anything bothers me, to the minimum nonsense.

And that, in Normoglycemia, does not happen to me.I didn't happen to me before.

Greetings

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
03/09/2011 2:25 a.m.

It happens to me exactly like Nacho, hypoglycemia put me in a very bad mood: Mrgreen: but it is a passenger, it is another symptom of hiccups, at least in my case, as soon as I recover my good habitual humor is back: Mrgreen:: Mrgreen :: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/09/2011 3:59 a.m.

Ángela has always had a lotAlways in a bad mood, I think it was due to his constant roller coaster, he had, we do not talk about hypos and hyper, that shows the league ... are we equally as Nacho and Prado :))
And Juan Luis has a magnificent and enviable good humor, therefore when he is high (very much in spite of what he says), it shows and when it is low, the truth is that I have not appreciated it, just uncoordin... The truth is that I have seen him very little times low, count on the fingers of his hands.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/09/2011 4:31 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

<Blockquote Rel = "" Velia "" = "" Ángela has always had a lotHe put Rabiosilla .... After debuting he was already apotheosic, always in a bad mood, I think he was due to his constant roller coaster, he hadHe is much softer, controls more ... now, we don't talk about hypos and hyper, that shows the league .... we are equal to Nacho and Prado :))
And Juan Luis has a magnificent and enviable good humor, therefore when he is high (very much in spite of what he says), it shows and when it is low, the truth is that I have not appreciated it, just uncoordin... The truth is that I have seen him very little times low, count on the fingers of his hands.

Hi Velia, I am new in the forum, and reading your message I have seen that you have a continuous insulin meter.I would like to know how she function, and what do you go with him.

Thank you.

carpa's profile photo
carpa
05/16/2011 7 p.m.

It's curious.I have always read the change of humor to people with diabetes in hypoglycemia situations.And it has never happened to me.I am very stable;A unpresentable always.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/17/2011 6:04 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

My husband has been diabetic for 6 years and the truth is that I believe that his character has changed a lot and worse.When it is high that it is almost always discouraged, it is much more irascible and any commity corks it in a discussion.He says that he has nothing to do and that the problem is that he does not feel loved.He does not stop repeating that he is very alone and I although I want to help him no longer know how to do it.How can I help you ???

tenesper's profile photo
tenesper
02/06/2012 7:09 a.m.

I have a little time and the truth is that I am a person of character, who then happens to me right away.I recognize that now especially when I have hypos, I am very irascible, also now at least, I see that everything overflows.I stress me, they don't give me the hours of the day for everything.The truth is that I have my boyfriend Achicarradito ... that if a cry of stress here, a cry there, the decompensated levels that I have now affect me a lot and if that were not enough, I start exams ... I am aware of it andI try to get away when I see that the thing is a bit tense on my part.I am a pretty cheerful person but now I am spending a Testa Chunga.My type 3 diabetic has a lot of patience and he also has to endure his own.Thanks for the support you give us.Without him this would be harder.Although the character of the diabetic ... also influences the character you had before.

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
02/06/2012 7:23 a.m.

You have, I think that being poorly controlled (with high or low levels and especially if they are maintained) makes you feel some physical and emotional discomfort ... I have felt my husband or my daughter, especially the latter, M´S irritable than normal, when it has been high, but I don't think that has something to do with your husband does not feel loved, or that you want to separate (I have read it in another thread), I believe that this issue will beAn issue from diabetes that you should deal with between the two, that the trigger may have been the diabetic debut?It is possible, but that bad control takes you to those extremes, I think not.
You tell us.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/07/2012 7:36 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello, I have been about 9 years since I debuted to "cookie" clean (2 daily hypos, night, night no hypo, I did not win for control strips and the result was the same ..... hba above 9, come on, very, very badly, a bad quality of life).I put on a dexcom (continuous meter) about 3 years and peak and since then not only I am already alive (before, the traditional life of a diabetic is incompatible with mine), but my wife is infinitely happier, canIt looks silly, but I have noticed it in an exaggerated way, not only changes your character, change the people who are in your environment.Although I guess everyone has to find a way to feel better.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
04/13/2012 7:12 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hello, I'm new ... Today I found this forum, I read a publication of a person who was in my same situation, my husband says he does not only pay attention to him, that I do not understand or listen to it etc.This super irritable, for anything explodes and makes a horrible scandal, a couple of years ago we learned that he is diabetic, does not assume his illness does not take care of the meals but takes the medication.I am a daughter and sister of diabetics (I am not) I do not know what to do I am afraid because I am depressing a lot and the idea of ​​separating myself is around.
Please I need guidance on how to help him and how to overcome it.
Thank you all

vivi's profile photo
vivi
11/16/2014 5:02 p.m.

Hello!Who has to take care of himself is him.You can encourage you to read the forum.You need to inform yourself to have good control, and when you have good values ​​you will be much better, physically and psychically.
But, if he doesn't want to help, you can't do almost anything ...
Another thing I can't advise you ..,
Welcome to the forum!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/16/2014 7:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

When I am hypoglycemic I have depressive ideas.In fact, if at any time I feel very discouraged, wanting to die of disgust, I look at the glucometer and fail: hypoglycemia!.I correct myself and be a rattle again :-)

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
11/17/2014 4:06 a.m.

How is the character of a diabetic?Like that of any other person.How is the character of a person with striped pants?Becomes the same question

Sarita83's profile photo
Sarita83
11/17/2014 12:27 p.m.

I feel guilty for having scared my partner when I was asleep, I feel very bad, I also made it angry, I just wanted me to accompany me to the doctor, but it was scared and did not know what to do.I feel very bad, such as remedying the damage because its sugar level increased.

lolorojas's profile photo
lolorojas
02/17/2015 11:04 p.m.

Why do you feel bad, if you only wanted to help?
Telling him to go to the doctor is what you have to do.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/18/2015 1:20 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, I feel like the Duracell rabbit when the batteries are finished, and the truth is that everything gives me a little, I do not think it is more irritable, just pass, but on occasion I wantof crying terrible and I feel unfortunate.Now in normal I know that it is passenger but at that time I sometimes see everything very black.Aisshh, I think something does affect.

valky's profile photo
valky
02/19/2015 8:37 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

With so long that I have diabetics, my character has changed and enough !!But not only, according to my glymicmic results but in general of everything because it is like that and when I speak, I speak with character in my words even if it is giving advice or listening to someone ............. I doMany tables of conversations "with diabetics and I always speak to them like this, some thank or others not; my way of being but this is that the life of a diabetic is not easy at all even if we are with the best and last treatments, I say;"You have to be in the shoes of a diabetic to comment on it "

ani's profile photo
ani
01/18/2016 5:37 p.m.

Masochistic.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/18/2016 6:01 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.