{'en': 'From 10 years with diabetes ...', 'es': 'A partir de 10 años con diabetes...'} Image

From 10 years with diabetes ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo   06/19/2011 7:23 a.m.

Hello everyone,

The other day I went to the GP, (a new one), and he told me that no matter how well the glycemia levels of any diabetic were controlled, in 10 years from the diagnosis, all the organs susceptible to affectation, (eyes,kidneys, etc ...), are touched.I was silent :(.

I thought that this disease was fought/controlled, maintaining the HBA1C levels below 6 or 7. And I am even proud with my last level of 5.6.And it turns out that all this is for shit.

As a result, I am going through my depressive moment 6543765 since this began, not a year ago.I do not want to imagine what it will be when the reservations are over and I have to start clicking.

I read you talk about Lantus, hypos, peaks, risk pregnancies, etc ..., and I want to live.I do not find out about almost anything, and the truth is that I don't want to know either, I get bad.This is shit, (I play whatever, that this is one of the most repeated phrases by a diabetic).

And that's it, it's not for anyone to have to contribute anything, I just wanted to let off steam.

Greetings companions.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/19/2011 7:23 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Look Arrobita, who knows the future ?????Who knows what can happen in 10 years?Live the present and take care, do not discourage you and less for what an unpresentable tells you like that doctor that I would have said four things ....: Twisted:.I know diabetics that after 20 years of evolution or more and with better and worse times in their control, do not suffer from any complication and in this forum there are some examples.
I fulfill this year 11 years with diabetes, I have no complications, I do not know if I am going to live another 10 years or if I am going to continue without complications but what I am not going to regret it is to have taken care of me, of having lived fully, I spend what IWhat happens .....: d
Cheer up!!!!!!!!

DiabetesForo
06/19/2011 10:06 a.m.

Well look here you have a clear example, I have been diabetic for 20 years and I can assure you that no complication I have or had and that I have passed by my teenage time being diabetics, you don't have to come down just live the day to day, knowing how to show you this suck

barry's profile photo
barry
06/19/2011 3:03 p.m.

The truth is that after that doctor's comment, and not having a diabetic yet, the world would also fall on me.In my case, DM1, 21 years of evolution, I have no complication, and during all these years, my hemo I have never had in 5.6, it is true that I have kept it inside the recommended interval for diabetic people during the highestpart of these years.

So, from here, give you encouragement, keep taking care of yourself as until now, and you will see how in 20 years you will not develop any complication.In this forum I have read several posts of users with many years of evolution ("Diabetic Dinosaurs", as Gondullo said) that have no complications.I do not know the others, but I think that I will continue here the day they find a solution for this pain war, and it is about arriving in the best possible conditions.Am I naive?Perhaps, I don't know, but what if I know is that health is a treasure, and today I find myself great, and I want to follow as until now the maximum possible number of years.

I am nobody, and I do not take right of your header as some of our organs are touched.I think that all hem outside the range considered normal is causing damage.

Greetings.

pertuak's profile photo
pertuak
06/19/2011 4:31 p.m.

23 years of evolution, with adolescence in the middle, with insulins that were sorry at the beginning and some means to measure sugar than not to comment.
That sugar affects greeting, it is true.How much affects ... Each body is a world and each one is affected in a way.A person five years after suffering from diabetes can have complications, but there are also people as the case of a lady who died with 90 years and 83 years of diabetics and without a complication ... to see if the doctor arrives at thatage!!!

Is that there is each element in health ...

tica's profile photo
tica
06/19/2011 5:49 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Joe ... how nice your doctor.

I will take a year in this and what happens in the future does not care, what has to happen will happen.I enjoy the day to day, and whatever comes later ... Well, my future is occupied.

A happy life is enjoyed on a day -to -day basis, why calculate tomorrow?What tomorrow are worried about the next morning?
Ufff Infernal Circle :))

I do not intend to say that you don't have to take care of yourself, alone, let's say so, not eat the jar too much.Encouragement and to be brave.

Host's profile photo
Host
06/20/2011 7:26 a.m.

First, that doctor is foolish.That perhaps could be said to someone who is rebellious, who does not give importance to his illness, as struck to take care of himself.Which does not mean that it is really true.

Logically, the passage of the years deteriorates the body;But everyone's.Surely, you will know many older people who have multiple problems that have appeared over the years.And diabetes is one more.And in the same way, you will also know for example, more than an advanced smoker who has absolutely nothing.In short, that having or not having something only provides a greater risk factor, x more possibilities, but it does not assure you anything.You buy some more ticket for a raffle.But that the prize touches us is no longer so easy.You understand, right?
No one knows what tolerance our body will have over the years to the different oxidative and aging, wear, diseases ... each one has its threshold.But our role is clear: it has been shown that we must keep the hem below 7% because that greatly reduces possible complications.

To encourage you a little, as others have done, I give you my example;42 years (although it seems that I have 35 at most, this is well, I think it is for sugar :)) :)) :))), 24 years of diabetes on top and I have nothing.Eyes well, kidney with a negative microalbuminuria, recent coronary tac to evaluate arteria status and excellent result.That is, zero problems.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/20/2011 7:53 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

23 years of evolution and here I am, more than perfect !!
There are so many worse things that this (come one day to my work .....) that we should not give more importance than the one you have.
Cheer up!

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
06/20/2011 11:45 a.m.

Well, you have convinced me.
Thanks for the love and encouragement of all posts.

If I depressed, it is because I believed the doctor.After what he told me, (without coming to the story of anything and without having asked him anything that gave him a foot), and as I was mute, then, I did not dare to question him.I left there thinking that well -controlled HBA1C is not the only thing that determines the physical non -deterioration of the disease, but there were other variables that this doctor knew, that I did not ask him, and that he did not stop to explain.

I am about to ensure that it is not diabetic, only doctor and, (at least that morning), demonstrated little prudence and common sense to exercise its profession.

And I think how you, we must take advantage of today ,,, tomorrow, what has to come will come.

Greetings to all and thank you very much.

DiabetesForo
06/20/2011 2:35 p.m.

I encourage arrobita !!
I also have a short time with this, and in all this time, I think I have learned a lot, to take care of myself, to take the disease ...
But above all, I have learned that there is a lot of incompetent doctor and a lot of myth about diabetes, and that the best thing is many times, is to ignore foolish words and let themselves be advised only for who really knows.
I think that depressed a little is inevitable, but do not be afraid of the future, because as they have told you, taking care of you correctly, I think you can have the same health as any other person, or even more, because we also take care of each other more than the others.
Kisses !!

DiabetesForo
06/21/2011 5:50 a.m.

Another useless doctor .....: Twisted:

No arrobite case ... no case.

As someone has said behind, the future does not know anyone ... much less incompetent doctors.

DiabetesForo
06/21/2011 1:54 p.m.

Girl that in 10 years we will be fucking or case !!!
My doctor told me that in 10 years diabetes (type 1) could have even cure ... but that the complications of diabetes, that is not, so you have to take care of each day. I do not become so many illusions¬¬ About a cure, but what I do believe more and I have more illusion, is that in 10 years the treatment of diabetes will be much better and we can say that we lead a normal life, without hypos- or hypers- than ofSo bad mood put me (¬¬ *****) and with some hemo.of fucking ma ***** xppppp.por that among us insulin has done that the treatment improves a lot, but this is light years of being a complete treatment, for me a good and correct treatment is to be able to maintain my glycemia without it to seema roller mountain !!!
Well, I looked like, what I hope and desire (as cough) that in 10 years there is a treatment that eliminates those roller mountain style glycems, which we hate so much;and with it also eliminate complications hehe.And who knows perhaps in 20 years we already have a cure or something .... xp

ray-ban's profile photo
ray-ban
06/21/2011 3:17 p.m.

In 5 years and is starting to harm my kidneys ... for my bad uncontrolled for a few months ... I came out of microalbumine in a 7.8, do you think is muxo?Now I am fulfilling me at all times.

roxio89's profile photo
roxio89
06/22/2011 7:27 p.m.

Don't worry, pretty.I believe that this doctor has spent seven villages, because although the complications can be true, it has been "forgotten" to tell you that currently progress has been made a lot in preventive medicine (those annual ITVs) and that if they are detectedIn time complications, luckily there are procedures that were not dreamed before, such as laser ocular surgery and is even using the patient's mother's mother cells to regenerate the diabetic foot.You are doing it very well, that hem is excellent, keep taking care of you and tell your doctor to worry that you spend all annual revisions and the future as anyone has told you.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
06/24/2011 6:16 a.m.

These are the comments that sink me completely, I ask myself a thousand questions and I start ... if a doctor says that will be for something?I have been diabetic for 7 years with 35 years that I have if, however much I take care of me, I will touch me to the organs I return to the same psychological problem that I have I will not get older I will not see my son of older my grandchildren etc this is consuming me my my myooooNO!!!!!

irene's profile photo
irene
04/28/2017 11:14 a.m.

Hello Arrobita, that doctor has no P.I., I advise you to look for another.You will see, I was diagnosed (I did not debut, they diagnosed me) in the year 69, then I have been 48 years.Currently I am perfectly health, in good physical form and my eyes are perfect, much better than my childhood friends, because I have taken care more and I have moved for many years with a hemoglobin between approximately 5.9 and 6.3.Of course no one of us is free that some complication may arise, in the same way that a healthy and athlete person is not free that cancer or infarction may arise, no one is free from these authentic vital injustices,But what I am convinced is that to significantly contributed to my current state the fact of maintaining a positive attitude not letting me be overcome by the disease and not spending a lifetime regretting for having to weigh a piece of bread.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
04/28/2017 1:03 p.m.

Hello @"Runing50" with such experience and the results you comment, I would like to know how you do it? How do you manage to maintain stability?It seems fantastic!

fer's profile photo
fer
04/28/2017 8:04 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello everyone!I just, I have been with DM1 from 4 years old and I have passed through adolescence, development ... and here I am 25 years and trying day to bring my illness.I have never had a complication (apart from colds and things that happen to us all) and my results have always been good, blood, eye analysis, etc.And nothing now I want to embark on the adventure of being a mother, I will be struggling more!I have also had my moments of weakness at certain times of my life ... but complaining or outraging I will not get anything, so take care of us and be happy !!: D

Greetings to which we are diabetic every day: x

patri_caracol's profile photo
patri_caracol
04/30/2017 12:12 p.m.

Azucarada desde los 5 añitos
21 años manipulando agujas!
Toujeo 34u / Novorapid 15u diarias + ó -
App diario para control de diabetes mySugr
Última Hemo: 6,1 % OBJETIVO SUPERADO!!
A esforzarse que VAMOS A SER PAPIS!!!

Un saludo a los que día a día somos diabéticos :x

Hi Fer, I think there is no magic formula to achieve stability in this disease in which each one is a world, but rather a daily routine of good practices in which food, diet and exercise comes into play.In my specific case I think that sport and knowing how it affects your body has been fundamental, and from here I would encourage everyone, because there is currently so much variety that each one can look for one adapted to their tastes and needs, and ifSomeone does not like, because it is also very healthy and, why not?, incidentally, can take advantage to see windows.
But the background of all this is to have something, be it a goal, an illusion, or whatever, that allows you to organize your life and relegate your disease to a more vital routine.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
04/30/2017 7:39 p.m.

Patri_Caracol congratulations for your new "adventure", I wish you all the luck in the world

runing50's profile photo
runing50
04/30/2017 8:53 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.