{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

I have asked for it too.Let's see how it works.I will comment

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/25/2014 8:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The truth is that I do not see too many advantages, just to prick and the fact that you can be every two minutes if you want, measuring the blood glucose.But in reality what I think would come to me and what really would be an advance, would be a system similar to this but that I had some type of alarm to warn you in the face of hypoglycemia.It occurs for example sleeping.With the sensor put and some type of device that will let you know if the low glycemia at a default level.This would avoid important hypoglycemia, I have had several very strong, in 30 and even less, and totally asymptomatic, and they give me dread because I know people who have not told it.I remember when the clock came out, that would have been a great invention.But it's like everything, it doesn't interest, and it's a shame.Hugs.

Elena

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/26/2014 2:26 p.m.

Elena, looks at the thread on the Dexcom, which does have alarms.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/26/2014 2:53 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina, I will.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/26/2014 7:01 p.m.

Meginer, as you have told you what you need is the Dexcom, is very expensive, but if you can afford it, it warns you of the ups, the descent ...

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
10/27/2014 5:28 a.m.

That a diabetic with asymptomatic hypoglycemia does not know the existence of continuous meters is bleak, both by their doctors and by laboratories.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
10/27/2014 5:58 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Aandres, in this of the meters it is like the Ikea in "Montetelo yourself" plan or say "Look for life", to me, the head of the endocrinology service when I told him, "me", to buy me one, it came to meTo say that I did not see the utility, (when you know I have low below 20 and I am talking to him so calm without finding out and some at the night of Samur that I did not go back to the glucagon, the fate of having a mother who fromThe day I debuted did not return to sleep 2 hours in a row, if I did not go to the other fixed neighborhood) so that it does not say more.
And when I showed it to my head doctor like that I was talking in ChinoKnowing your level of sugar is a whim not a need ..... so I don't know what they do by spending money on glycosylated strips and hemoglobins, we directly put insulin and point, what do you ???

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/27/2014 7:18 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Yes Gala, yes.
Our endocrine (private, by the way), did know them but did not recommend them because so much data was going to produce a lot of stress (S.I.C.).
The school nurse, on the other hand, insists on telling my son that that is useless and that the bomb is put on, which is going very well.It is curious to say that when not long ago they took one of the children with diabetes with an ambulance pump (I did not find out if by downturn or by rush).
I think it's all fear of the unknown ... but with 7 years in the market, they could already know it !!

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
10/27/2014 7:34 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

The bomb something else the same, they think that you wear a bomb and that's it, that goes alone ... do not know that to start not everything they give it to everyone is a candidate because it requires learning and of courseYou have to continue controls, even sometimes more than with the bolis, but no, you put on the pot and go from P.M, you forget the diabetes .... She solica knows what you are going to eat, what youYou are going to move, the stress you have and if the food and vomites are going to sit bad
Anyway, forgive me that today I got up with my foot a little changed

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/27/2014 7:47 a.m.

Well, tomorrow I have an appointment with my endocrine.I have it through private insurance.That's why I asked for free the day that came out, because surely if I wait to ask him, he tells me no, that I do not need it, that it is not good, that better things will come out, than if the grandmother smokes ...

POLICY OF CONSUMED FACTS.

He is very good doctor and professional, but sometimes he sins little open to technological advances.

P.S.Although it has nothing to do with the subject, why do I carry the sea of ​​time in 43 and do not upload the number?Not that I care a lot, it's simple curiosity.

DiabetesForo
10/27/2014 9:30 a.m.

What reason do you have ... and notice that 7 years later (which is said soon, almost a decade) there is still a bestial darkness ... a few endocrine, chosen, I congratulate them because from the beginning they knew what they had and without hesitationThey said "this is yours."But even today ... they don't know him ... or if they know him ... do not recommend it ... or do not recommend it because they don't know him or ...

However, you will see the flash that success will have, as soon as the medical visitor goes on duty for the outpatients, they begin to give a few weeks of vacation in Tenerife, a great tablet for the doctor's son ... or an iPhone!So that each diabetic that enters there proposes the brochure and information ... even the "grandparents" will offer it, and will come home with the brochure so that the grandson -which they do not understand of theseThings- translate it.

This country works like this.And if not, at the same time.When I visit my header and let go of the device, I will let him of the speech and such a but that you are telling me!

How sad ... well, the important thing is to begin to know that this, continuous measurement, exists and for many years.Something is something.

I have already said it many times, I regret not having known him before (I lost almost 2 years that I could have had it), and I would have won 2 years that I lived.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
10/27/2014 9:34 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hello colleagues, because I am commented on my mother's case with the free.The truth is that it is a pipinazo, the first day it gave a margin of error of about 20 but from 2 and 3 day the difference is minimal, since then everything is going well, it indicates if it has a tendency to go up or down, if it is going upVery quickly or is going down, half an hour before meals look at your glycemia with the free and if you indicate in 130 or 140 you go up and lower the stairs for 10 minutes and get at 80 or 90 before dinner, then thenIt has a trick you can eating little by little so that the blood glucose to more than 140 does not rise, that is, I know that my mother at noon gets 4 of Novorrapid and eats 9 portions, because instead of eating the 9rations of a blow, leave the yogurt or the 100ml of milk with coffee for 45 minutes after the food and when the blood glucose is lowered and the blood glucose is located, because its yogurt or its coffee with milk or an ice cream is eaten or an ice creamOf 1 ration, at night we have already controlled it, when at 00.00 it is done its glucose test and the arrow that is stable, it eats half a ration and thus rises very well and if the arrow indicates that this curved orInclined down because 1.5 ration is eaten, and thus we avoid hypoglycemia, for the moment my mother does not take off the patch.But I can tell you that it is an authentic Pepinazo, it also serves as a traditional glucometer, but since my mother has the free passes from punctures on the finger, except when something low on 60 0 70 that is done on your finger to check it.Of course, free hooks a lot, hooks and the sense of wanting to know how you have it every 5 minutes, allows youThe finger, it is also true that for example if you have it in 90 and you eat a yogurt and you pass the free at 2 minutes it does not notice that it was up, but the arrow already begins to change your position and indicates where it is directedYour blood glucose, allows you to correct hypo and hyper on time ......

DiabetesForo
10/27/2014 10:30 a.m.

Aandrés, I do know the existence of continuous meters, but they are very expensive and I personally cannot allow them.To me the one that would make me better would be the Dexcom, better than the freestyle, but I cannot, and it is no longer a matter that with strips, glucometers etc, in the end the expense is much and does not give you the same quality of life, it iswhich are 800 euros or more and the sensors every 15 days that are worth a paste.I can't, honestly, add mortgage, car etc ...

Elena

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/27/2014 12:42 p.m.

Salvador, I see that you have it supercontrolled with the free.What is a Pepinazo, does it mean that it is good, right ??haha.
I will see if my daughter is encouraged to put it.The inconvenience I see is that it takes off .., or that I see it a bit large ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/27/2014 1:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@Regina yes, correct a pipinazo is that it is very good, although at night you do not pass it through the arm when you spend it before eight hours it gives you a graph of what happened at dawn, let's see, I explain, you pass them toThe 00:30 and you spend it again before 08:30 in the morning, then then gives you a graph of what happened in those eight o'clock in the early morning, you know if it lowered you, if it went up, what time ...... because of the patch I already tell my mother for the moment, the elastic part of a trimmed sock was put on and I put it on top so that it does not screw with clothes, and when you shower it is showerIt puts a bag and gets wet as minimal.Regarding if it is great, for me I believe that no, also if you think it well that it makes you take a glucometer involved in the bag with the strips box to carry a tactile and flat phrase like free ??? 'In addition, free also acts as a traditional glucometer, they are two in one .... hahaha

DiabetesForo
10/27/2014 2:22 p.m.

Well, I see that everything is advantages.I guess the SS will take note of all this:>

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/27/2014 4:57 p.m.

Go!And those who tell you that you try it for 14 days, is it for the SS?Because my endocrine today has not given me that option, it has only told me that this product existed and approximate prices.Could anyone confirm the cost of free?Apparatus, patches ... I would love to also have the Dexcom G4, but I think this is cheaper and it seems more practical, and I am improving but I am still in a hem of 8.1 (the previous one of 8,7) And I think a speech of these would be good for me to meet me.

valky's profile photo
valky
10/27/2014 7:21 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

More economical yes, I do not practice more, or from afar.
What do you based on saying that it is more practical ??
The dexcom forgot about him, you put some limits and as long as he does not whist everything goes well, the solo tells you the values ​​and you do not have to look at it, let's say it is something passive, the freestyle you have to be passing the receiver by the sensor eachOnce you want to know your levels so if you are going to have a hypo or a hyper and do not pass the sensor (you are many times doing entertaining things and do not remember), do not find out that it will give you, the dexcom pita.That is, freestyle requires an active act on your part.
The sensors € 60 each that last 14 days and the receiver seems to me that they are another € 60.
I have tried the 2, and I can give you my opinion, if I have to choose, without a doubt the dexcom for what I have said before, in my case I have asymptomatic drops and then for me the theme alarms is important and I do not have to be pendingTo pass your arm to see the figures.And then the duration of the sensor, I am from the lucky ones who last for almost 4 weeks, so it slightly the thing and the freestyle no matter how much you want more than 14 days you cannot stretch
The clear freestyle, is much more economical and, however, before I returned to the strips I keep him, without hesitation for a minute, but no.
As for reliability .. the freestyle the first 2-3 days fails, gives much lower values ​​than the real ones, in a single morning I marked 3 hypoglycemia and I had not really dropped from 100 at any time, proven with the DEXCOM and inblood, it is also true that they warned me
And if it has been for the SS, well rather by courtesy of Abott that gives them one by hospital, at least in my hospital they have only given them one device and the endocrine or endocrinology service chooses the patient for their characteristics, or to theless that told me the commercial that came to the hospital to put me

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/27/2014 7:27 p.m.

Hi Valky ... I just answered your other post about the free, and I allow myself to copy it here, because some messages before I told how the theme of the flash would go ... and I have not been wrong.They are simpler and predictable than a spring spring ...

greetings

Hello everyone, today I had an appointment with my endocrine and has spoken to me for the first time the free freestyle.I have hallucinated: either I was also asking him about the Dexcomg4 but says that it is used more for young children, not so much for adults, we go as the free freestyle advises me more.

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
10/27/2014 7:54 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

All this is subjective ... I do not need alarms, and the free would be more practical and it would give me more peace of mind than a traditional glucometer.Of course, if I had asymptomatic hypos or a very unstable diabetes, I would be more practical.Everything depends on how you look.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
10/28/2014 5:39 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.