Little mismatch with night basal

kekiya's profile photo   08/29/2011 5:13 a.m.

The "active insulin" function that the pump has is nothing more than a merely guidance function.I last the ultra -granted insulin about 4 hours, that's why I put that duration in the bomb, that means that when I wear a bolus I will have some insulin (of that bolus) in my body for 4 hours.That information is very useful when it comes to corrections and to avoid hypoglycemia.
Kekiya that you have made that change in the bomb of the active insulin duration, has not influenced your good glycemia tonight, what has influenced is the basal rise you have made.In the "active insulin" data, the basal does not influence, but the last bolus you have scheduled.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/01/2011 8:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well Jorss, as I commented, I usually have dinner at 9:00 p.m. almost every day, so put that at most, much, finished dinner at 22:00 ..Well, before, I had the active insulin 3h ... and that's why when I went to bed at 00:30, I was still having active insulin.Yesterday, for the forum they told me how to change it (which I had never done and had the one that came for defect) and changed it to 2 h.And yesterday when I went to bed, I no longer had an active insulin, and you have already seen (within what fits) that good figures I have had, apart from the changes in the basal.

But the improvement that you have had is for the modification of the basal rate, modifying the Insu hours.Active has not modified the infusion of the bolus in the bomb, it only informs you if you are going to put another bolus within the time that you have programmed active, which is still taking some insu effect.From the anterior bolus, and the basal does not affect anything that you modify it ... like this, but you use the wizard bolis, the bomb does nothing at all with the insu active!

jorss's profile photo
jorss
09/01/2011 10:55 a.m.

Well, it is possible that the active insulin does not influence at all ... but I think even psychologically affected me !!!More than anything because when I went to bed and see that active insulin (even if I had no effect, only orientatively) towards that I got a little nervous ... and obviously, everything, everything affects ... and now not seeing itWell, like I go to bed more calmly, more relaxed ...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
09/02/2011 5:12 a.m.

Hi Kekiya!
Let's see, I also think that there is little basal that you wear, more than anything because it does not seem that with the schedules you have put and its corresponding levels give time to hypoglycemia.But as you get up so very highly by increasing basal ... Well, I don't know!I hope you asked the nurse and have solved it.Tell us and calm, do not overwhelm that because of having some taps high glucose nothing happens, it is when you have it high for days or months!
Cheer up!

Pepita's profile photo
Pepita
09/08/2011 1:22 p.m.

Hehehe, thanks Pepita.Nada, I was overwhelmed because the better you want to do things, worse they come out to a ... it seems that the stars join so that everything goes wrong ... hahaha, but nothing, everything is solved.Indeed, I went to the nurse and recommended me up both basal at night. And the hand of Santo, I upload it to 0.8 and from that night, I no longer passed by 200 ... so the rest already, regulating littleLittle

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
09/09/2011 6:08 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.