Little mismatch with night basal

kekiya's profile photo   08/29/2011 5:13 a.m.

Very good !!!

I need your point of view or help, since with so much calculation and numbers I get overwhelmed and before putting the leg, because I prefer to consult.In my active insulin bomb, because I take a small zumito to avoid hypo. If I see that there is no active insulin, because nothing, I go to bed.When I get up, what is my surprise, I see a ... 292 !!!!!: O: Shock:
But it is not something punctual today, I have a few days.(Ceno at 9:00 p.m. and I lie at 00:00), and maybe, because I ceno from first a plate of peas with ham, a grilled steak and a yogurt .... ah, and when II get to breakfast, it's 7:30.I put data in case it is necessary to comment.
I tell you my night basal:
-of 00:00 to 05:00 = 0.700
-of 05:00 to 08:00 = 0.675

So ... what basal is the one that "does" that peaso rebound?I imagine that it is necessary to take a test in the early morning, but what time?Within the first basal?of the second?
Thanks in advance

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/29/2011 5:13 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Kekiya, whenever you get up high is because you have taken something when you go to see the active insulin?
I do not pay so much case to the insulin that I see active, since I understand that probably the digestion of what I have eaten and it has not finished and come to last more or less what the insulin lasts.You may even have active insulin, you don't need to take anything.
If you wake up when you have hypos, the solution can be for a couple of days to take a juice to bed and take it only if you wake up and you are low.If you don't need it, you don't need to eat anything before bed ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/29/2011 8:36 a.m.

That goes Neihs, I have tried everything:
Even seeing active insulin, there have been times that I have not taken juice or anything, and I have beddThere is no reason why I blame it rather a rebound.
And I think it must be a bounce of a hypoglycemia, because I do not explain it to me., nothing at all, and it is there I imagine when it starts to get on and up ....: Shock:

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/29/2011 8:46 a.m.

Well, what I would do is measure a couple of days between 3 or 4 in the morning and there you will see if you have to go up or down the basal and in what section.

DiabetesForo
08/29/2011 8:50 a.m.

The truth is that I do not have much faith in the rebound effect, I think it is weird that it be the case.But well, I just have my experience like this I can't deny it ...
I agree with Prado, I looked at a couple of days in the middle of the night to see what happens.
It may be that simply the amount of hormones generated by your body in the morning has varied and have more insulin resistance at the end of the night ... but as you wear a bomb, you will surely adjust it well ...

DiabetesForo
08/29/2011 9:04 a.m.

Ok Prado, and what more or less values ​​do I have to have about 3/4 in the morning?About 120 for example?If for example, I make one at 4 in the morning and I have 88 .... I imagine that basal would have to modify it, then it would get very short to the other basal, the following basal ... right?more or less?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/29/2011 9:04 a.m.

You don't see that ultimately mismatch, so why !!: Shock :: Shock:
At first, I tried to climb the basal, thinking that it would be that I know, the effect of slow absorption carbohydrates what caused me ... Anyway, I made a jaleo alone ... and dawn even worse, in300 and little ... and of course, I was scared, and I didn't know if it was because I had uploaded the basal, or because the catheter had obstructed or spoiled. Basaling the basal of 5:00 a point, because it under the figureWith which I woke up, but not enough ... and of course, as you see, I do a bit of mess alone, in the face of perhaps very simple

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/29/2011 9:08 a.m.

Adjusting night basal rhythms

To determine if their night basal rhythms are correctly adjusted will have to dinAt that time within the objectives agreed with you, then the test can be started.

If it were too high then you will need a correction bolus to lower that result.If it were too low then you will need to eat something.In any of these 2 cases you will have to leave for another day the adjustment test of your night basal rhythms, when the previous glycemia is normal.

Once you have managed to get your glycemia level in the objective, you can start performing the night test by dividing the night into several sections of no more than 4 hours.For example, if you put on its last insulin bolus at 5 in the afternoon and go to bed at 11 at night, you will have to look at your blood glucose at 9 at night, at bedtime and at least onceIn the middle of the night, we will have 3 sections of visualization.

If the basal rhythms are correct, then glycemia should not vary more than 30 mg %.A decrease or rise in glycemia in any of the visualization sections may indicate that adjustments must be made in the basal rhythms of these periods.Of course, if you have hypoglycemia at night, this will force you to eat something and if you are too high to put on a correction bolus, this will invalidate the test but at least we will have found out that one of the basal of a certain section were incorrect.

Like everyone with diabetes knows, what happens one day is not certain that it is repeated the next day, so it would be safer to adjust the basal rhythms, not only because of what happens one day, try to repeat the test to see if you getThe same results.If you need adjustments, make them in increases of 0.1 by 0.1 U per hour.

Ramiro Antuña de Alaiz
Educational Treatment Unit

DiabetesForo
08/29/2011 9:20 a.m.

Today I have tried again. I have the results here:

-Cena 20:30
-Prueba 00:15 = 81
-Prueba 03:30 = 169
-Prueba 07:30 = 260

I think that there they are harming me the 2 basal, so I have decided to lower both, to see how such ... tonight I will look again to see what effect it does.What a coñazo what this is ... Ains:-/

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/30/2011 5:08 a.m.

Basal go down?I believe that with those values ​​you must raise them.In the first control you are fine, maybe something fair.In the second you are a little high and in the third, you are decidedly lacking insulin, in my view.

Health

DiabetesForo
08/30/2011 7:58 a.m.

But alea, can't it be the result of a rebound effect ???Because I don't know if I comment on it before, but at the beginning of having those figures, I thought like you and tried to increase the basal of 05:00 ... and the more I increased, worse figures (high) had, arriving, arrivingat 300 and peak!So that's why I packed it on the rebound effect, having a nocturnal hypoglycemia perhaps due to the first basal (00:00) and when starting with the second and having more insulin, since starting to raise glucose as a defense mechanism...No?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/30/2011 8:33 a.m.

The rebound you can only know if you get morning controls for several days.To be rebound, there should be hypoglycemia at dawn, and it doesn't seem the case.

DiabetesForo
08/30/2011 8:36 a.m.

So why increasing the basal, dawns even much higher than now?:?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/30/2011 8:52 a.m.

Hello,

Before I started writing a message but has disappeared: x

I totally agree with Alea, with the figures you have put more insulin ... you can try to do some acetone urine control, if it gives you positive it is clear that it is missing insulin.(If it gives you positive 95% is that you lack insulin, if it gives you negative ... it does not mean anything, you may need more insulin or not)

A few months ago I also got high, but if the basal was increased, I had a hypo insured ... with the continuous glucose monitor I saw that they were from six (effect of dawn) and I went up two units those hours ... in yourCase it seems that it goes up 26.7 per hour in the first section and 22.5 in the second ... to correct that (taking as a sensitivity factor 50x1u) you would have to climb almost 0.5 the basal ... What basal do you have the rest of the rest of theday?If it were you, I would not upload it suddenly, try to climb 0.1 to see what happens ... And although one day you will get 300 wait a few day to see if the change works, do you wake up at night if you have hiccup?

tica's profile photo
tica
08/30/2011 9:12 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

My mother, because what do I have right now ... BBFFF ..... I don't always wake up, or I don't always find out of hypoglycemia. I notice them perfectly, but at night, or sleep like atrunk and I do not find out, or my body does not emit signals so that I find out or I know ... I know that I have ever got up short (49-68) and I have risen so fresh, without noticing any symptoms.If those figures notice them for the day, I have inequivocal symptoms of hypo.
Then let's see, starting that with the basal of 0.700 and 0.675, I get up high (and very high ...) I climb the 2?Or do I try to climb only the last?
Thank you chic@s, as you see, for many years that I have been, I continue to go from time to time:?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/30/2011 9:20 a.m.

I don't know if it is a buried what I'm going to say, but I would do ... (if someone thinks it is wrong to correct me !!)
But you wake up at night with hypoglycemia a little scary (48 begins to be short ...) I would try to reach twelve with 130-150 thus there is a margin to make mistakes with corrections, I think it is not exactly what it is not exactlysame as if you were at 85, but well 130 is not very high either.And it would be a few nights trying to be as stable as possible.If you go to bed at 130, you better get up at 130 than at 85. and try to climb 0.1 or 0.05 (I would upload both sections) and wait two days to upload it again ... like this until you arrive more or less with thesame blood glucose as with which you go to breakfast.A Take some control at night to monitor.

I do not tend as hospitals do not "lend" continuous glycemia monitors for these cases ... it is worth very expensive, but have units and give them the patients ...

tica's profile photo
tica
08/30/2011 9:54 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Well nothing, in the end one more day with scares at midnight.I went to bed with 141, and put in the bomb "Active insulin 0.85".Anyway, I got the basal as we commented, the first 0.725, the second, 0.750 ..... Well, I get up at midnight, at 04:25 and God ....... the scare could notbe bigger when I saw my glucometer: 369 !!!!I have never had that figure !!!!And as I mentioned before, when I upload the basal of the night, I have the figures.Even so, I am lifted to 171 .... But the scare does not take it anyone away, and more when I have been in the end ... I will call my nurse to see if today I can appear in your consultation as an emergency, because I am very lost, and it scares me, the truth is.

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/31/2011 4:45 a.m.

Kekiya, be calm, keep in mind that the basal has uploaded it very little (if you have a sensitivity of 50mg/dl per insulin unit, a modification of 0.1 basal, it would affect 5mg/dl per hour), and you have lying downmuch higher, I would have uploaded the basal at least 0.850, if not to 0.9 ...
The one that you have corrected, and yet you have lifted with 170 also indicates that you lack basal, or that you have enough insulin resistance to those hours (hormone question surely)
Be patient and calm, but I wouldn't go down basal, I would upload them and quite ... but above all do more controls, even if you have to wake up 2 or 3 times at night.

DiabetesForo
08/31/2011 4:54 a.m.

What a rare thing ... you won't have any infection or something.What time did you dinner?The same had not yet done digestion.Anyway, if you can attend the nurse, better!

tica's profile photo
tica
08/31/2011 4:57 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

I also agree with what Kekiya tell you, you lack insulin and the change you made tonight is insignificant, be patient, it continues to rise basal little by little and doing controls at night, it is a bit heavy but it is worth it and it does notAgobies and wait a few days to see each change if it takes effect.

DiabetesForo
08/31/2011 5:01 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.