Little mismatch with night basal

kekiya's profile photo   08/29/2011 5:13 a.m.

It has never happened to me, and the truth is, it scares a lot.I am surprised, and I can't find an explanation. And it's that I am afraid to wear a really high basal, and that I can't notice it and stay there ... :?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/31/2011 5:05 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What a rare thing ... you won't have any infection or something.What time did you dinner?The same had not yet done digestion.Anyway, if you can attend the nurse, better!

That you are going around 20:30 /21: 00, so I imagine that I would have done digestion.
If I keep uploading the basal little by little, I am afraid to be so many days with these figures ... anyway, to see if this afternoon I go through the hospi to see my nurse who tells me. Thank you all for yourTips and aid

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/31/2011 5:11 a.m.

If you are high is that you need it, and even the basal is high, provided that the change is not too drastic and I get a couple of times at night, nothing will happen to you, I carried a juice just in case they have not had toGo to the kitchen if it gives you a downturn and now.The idea that gave you a tica to go to bed between 130-150 and try to get up with those figures is quite safe.Be patient ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/31/2011 5:14 a.m.

It is that I was surprised so, to have 141 at 00: 30, which was when I went to bed, at 369 only 4 hours later !!!: Shock: Come on, a fuck, and how it had never happened to me .... Well, I didn't know if I was doing something wrong or I know ...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/31/2011 5:29 a.m.

What did you dinner yesterday?Do you always have the same hydrates?I mean both rations and type of hydrates, which are slower or more fat, I don't know if I explain.

DiabetesForo
08/31/2011 5:35 a.m.

Nothing, I usually have a little dinner, last night I had dinner Kebab ... but nothing, little, at night I did not info.Grilled veal or chicken, and a yogurt, and I arrive with those same figures lately.

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/31/2011 5:43 a.m.

Kebab is death ... and my downfall: p

It has a lot of fat, and if you took sauces they are very sweet ...
Normal I wear 6 units to eat (about four rations) and the day that as Kebab I put a dual bolus 6 + 4 units for two hours ... It must have been that.Try to dinner a few days a soft dinner with simple hydrates to digest, a salad with a little pasta, some pieces of legs (the less greasy better) ... and give it time that changes are slow.

tica's profile photo
tica
08/31/2011 5:56 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I also think the same thing, it happened to me with a pizza of these little ones that come from two by two, with their nutritional information and everything, I weighed it, I calculated 6 servings.I did not eat anything else and I was not full.I went to bed with 110, and the next morning I was 250. And that was totally tight both the days before and later.
You may get together a little, be unjustified, lie a little higher, and the kebab ...

DiabetesForo
08/31/2011 6:10 a.m.

Of course, I have learned for a long time that not only the glucose carbohydrates up the glucose, the fat and proteins greatly affect me although in theory they do not go up ...: Shock:, so when I have a surprise in the glucometerIt is usually for that, Kekiya not all dinners are the same even if it seems to you, the kebab should not be innocent;) And I believe that that is the explanation of your climb ..... I have dinners to make them very simple except exceptOn the weekends, I lift myself well.

DiabetesForo
08/31/2011 6:30 a.m.

But Prado, it is worth one day that the kebab has gathered, and my mismatches, but the other days ????Jolin, if daily not as any fat, the fillets, grilled, some stews with ham and little amount to make a fast digestion ... and the same, high figures as if I had zamped a cake ...
The Kebab is not one of those of fast food, it is in a Moroccan restaurant, and it is pita bread with meat, lettuce, tomato and sour sauce. Of the others that come fast chains and throw ketchup and vary several, those do not like them.... hahaha. In the end, and that other times I have dinner so richly, putting my insulin, and nothing strange has never happened to me, and it is Kebab. May I tell you that with the burgers of the Burguer yes that I doIt has passed, and I had to put dual bowling, but well ... I know, I am very confused

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/31/2011 6:42 a.m.

Hello, for a long time I did not enter !!!!Joooee Kekiya .... I would discard the rebound effect, headPut another basal section ... also take an eye when you go to bed, not being that you put in bed and the bomb gets horizontal you is taking some bubble ... even if I think I think, but well, look at itAnd if you purged that, you will not tell us but I think the solution is to raise the basal ...

jorss's profile photo
jorss
08/31/2011 7:01 a.m.

Kekiya,

The most important thing: Do not overwhelm nothing to spend a few days getting above 200 neither 300 will not see any impact on the future or anything.It is something punctual.Do not despair, although I know it is difficult, surely you find the solution.

Forget about yesterday night (Kebab, nerves, file x) Better do not keep going around yesterday.

How long have you been raising high?When I did not take contraceptives, the days I ovulates my sugar in a alarming way, it lasted me 5 days and returned to normal.Maybe hormonal changes?Have you started taking a new medicine, allergies?That can also affect sugar (corticosteroids). Have you gained weight?The weight gain has an increase in the basal .. or it may simply be that your insulin needs have changed ... the times that we will have changed any of us the pattern!Although each one takes their guideline, in my case, at night I have two sections 0.8 and 0.9 and I am not a fat or large person.I don't think you are putting a lot of insulin at night.
Go up the basal again, dinner with care and soon and try to throw into bed without active insulin (which I do not understand how to dinner at half past eight at twelve you still have an active insulin ...) Be careful with the peas, they carry a lotSugar, do not play sports late in the afternoon, not to put more variables and several days go by measuring at night.

tica's profile photo
tica
08/31/2011 8:20 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Well look Tica, 2 months ago (approx) that I stopped taking oral contraceptives ..... If it is true that for the hormonal theme and such, many granites have come out in my face ... but I don't know if after 2Months, now it can affect me basal that way!
And another thing that I do not understand, how do you say you, is to have dinner at 20:30, and have an insulin active still at 00: 30. Why is it?Because at breakfast and food that does not happen to me, after 2 hours practically, I no longer have an active insulin. But at dinner up to almost 4 h it lasts ..... That cannot be changed or modified?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/31/2011 8:40 a.m.

Kekiya, if you have not modified it, by default they come 4 hours, I think it is changed in the Wizard bolus configuration, but do not pay much attention to me that maybe I am wrong.
If you were taking contraceptives before, there you have the explanation of why now if it happens.Without contraceptives in my opinion, hormonal cycles influence much more than before and in my case they are very disparate from each other and seasons.I sometimes need to raise the basal, or the sensitivity factor in the morning and I am like that 3 months as suddenly I need to lower everything and I am like that another season ... and I am convinced that it is the cycle because the changes always begin theday before lowering my rule or when I'm ovulating ...

DiabetesForo
08/31/2011 8:56 a.m.

Kekiya, if you have not modified it, by default you come 4 hours, I think it is changed in the configuration of the bolo wizard, but do not pay much attention to me that maybe I am wrong..
If you were taking contraceptives before, there you have the explanation of why now if it happens.Without contraceptives in my opinion, hormonal cycles influence much more than before and in my case they are very disparate from each other and seasons.I sometimes need to raise the basal, or the sensitivity factor in the morning and I am like that 3 months as suddenly I need to lower everything and I am like that another season ... and I am convinced that it is the cycle because the changes always begin theday before I lower my rule or when I am ovulating ....

A certain neihs, I just modified the active insulin, and I was put in 3h. I have put it in 2h, which is more or less the time it takes to make digestion, right?Can you believe that at this point I had no idea how to change that ???Thank you so much!!!I thought that the active insulin, I had nothing to do with the Wizard bolus, since what I wear is normal, not the wizard ... Anyway, you see that it is ...
And as for the other ... I know, it is possible that it is a hormonal issue, but it is rare that it is 2 months later ... I am that after I had the bomb in February, I had changed some basal, but notI had spent something like that!And I have been rules and such ... but I had never affected me to sugar

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
08/31/2011 9:08 a.m.

Kekiya, when you are taking the pildora and want to get pregnant (although there are possibilities that you are left immediately) the deadline to recover 100% the same fertility you had before is between 2 and 3 months (it depends on the person).The same is what is happening to you, hormonal changes.Now you just have to find your correct dose

tica's profile photo
tica
08/31/2011 9:40 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Good morning to all, I bring you good news !!!

Yesterday I approached my hospital, and I was talking to my nurse on the subject of my basal.In both stripes (00: 00-05: 00 and 05: 00-08: 00) and nothing, the result has been:

-To 03:00: 184
-A at 07:30: 144

They are not perfect figures, now I will have to perfect and adjust little by little, but hey, it is best that no figure of the 200, that for me is the best !!!So I slept and rested in luxury, because yesterday between the scare of seeing the figure, disgust and impotence and everything, I did not sleep anything, turning it all night. So that from here I send you a very big greeting andThank you very much to everyone, you are my great support.: P: p: d

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
09/01/2011 5:14 a.m.

I am very happy Kekiya !!
You see that everything is achieved and you are doing very well !!
Now we just have to calmly adjust a little more and you'll see how everything is going well.
Kisses!

DiabetesForo
09/01/2011 5:50 a.m.

:) :) is the good thing about the bomb .... hehehej, which can be modified to the taste of the consumer ... hehehe hey you have asked him about the Insu.active;I believe that it works as follows: it is a time that programs to the pump but that does not mean that the bomb is managing insulin, the Bolus was like when you click the insu.Rapid with the ball and has the same action as with the ball, the only thing that uses the pump so that in the case of you for example you have put an x ​​uni bolus.And you have it scheduled for insulin to be active 4h.And you before those four hours have to administer another wizard bolus, because the pump calculates the amount of insulin that you are active from the first bolus and subtracts it from the total insulin calculates for the second bolus, of fact if you doThe test, you try to program a Bolus Wizard when you have active insulin and in the menu when you have already put the value of blood glucose and number of portions because then you get on the screen "Detail Estimation" Well you see that theTotal estimated is the result of subtracting the value of the units that it has calculated for food or correction has to do, except insu.That calculates the bomb you have active, and if you wantAnd solved problem, what there is is to lose the fear of reprogramming .... that for that we have it ... hehehe :))

jorss's profile photo
jorss
09/01/2011 8:05 a.m.

Well Jorss, as I commented, I usually have dinner at 9:00 p.m.... and that's why when I went to 00:30, I was still having active insulin.Yesterday, for the forum they told me how to change it (which I had never done and had the one that came for defect) and changed it to 2 h.And yesterday when I went to bed, I had no active insulin, and you have already seen (within what fits) that good figures I have had, apart from the changes in the basal.

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
09/01/2011 8:32 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.