{'en': 'What continuous monitor is better?Dexcom G4 vs. Abbott Freestyle Free', 'es': '¿Que Monitor Continuo es mejor? Dexcom G4 Vs. Abbott FreeStyle Libre'} Image

What continuous monitor is better?Dexcom G4 vs. Abbott Freestyle Free

fer's profile photo   11/21/2014 10:43 a.m.

Well almost ........ In the six months that we have been with this, my daughter has only had one, or that is what we believe, because after reading I no longer know if it has not really had or not theWe have detected.Hence we are considering whether we acquire an MCG or not, and in any case what would be.
Although I think we are going to take a break for a few days and focus on how to lower glycemia, since there is no way to get it ... not fast, or slow, no less hydrates, .....
And really, many grace for all your opinions, I don't know what we would do without you !!!!!

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
12/14/2015 11:52 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I have detected night drops all my life, and they are not the most common, I wake up, and I have been on top of diabetes for a few years.

In children under 6 years of age, if they are not detected, but for that there is looking at their finger in the middle of the night and controlling that at that time it is above 150.

20 years ago there were not as many advances and here we are, we must not be so tremendous, because diabetes is the same now that before, and if we have come forward without these things it will be for something, they are not as essential as we think.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
12/14/2015 12:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, from my humble opinion, if it is true that there was no technological advances like these, well or there weren't like the current ones.Of course there were not many other things and that is why we have to become conformist, I think !!I do not say that anyone is, but talking about options or reasons to make one decision or another, I don't think it is tremendous, right?It is just having the information.

I think that after many threads on this subject, each person faces in a different way such as carrying their treatment.There are those who prefer insulin bombs, there are those who do not want them in paint.There will be whoever wants a Flash meter, who prefers an MCG and who with the lifelong glucometer is satisfied.

There are a thousand reasons to decide, for comfort, lifestyle, purchasing possibility, for ease to control new technologies, for not wanting a device attached to your body ... etc, and of course I will not forget that everyone lives physicsand psychologically its evolution with the disease absolutely subjectively

I do not believe that any is wrong about what it says or that there are those who are more right than another, but the main thing is that we are able to have the necessary data to decide for ourselves what can best go.Ah!And for me the main thing, or at least that is my point of view, that give us the option and facilities to make that decision, which unfortunately is what I at least miss.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
12/14/2015 3:58 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Ho the only thing I say is that I mania with the "I notice them" or "I wake up", it is not about having them and recovering, it is about not having them !!!!!
To have them, no matter how notice them, I do not buy an MCG, I buy it to let me know when I am in normal values ​​and I am going down, not wait for me to notice it and take a juice, let's say that it is what it isFor that for what is needed ... just like when you are in 300, I put it to know that I am in acceptable values ​​but that it will start to go up and take measures and not so that when I look at it or meNote the thick saliva is in 300 ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/14/2015 4:03 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Gala I totally agree with you, because having hip or hyper if you can avoid it?, An MCG is focused on that.The same I am a perfectionist to the extreme, but for me it is what I am looking for or desire.
Of course, only with the device is not achieved, that as we all know there are more variables to take into account, but I think it is an important beginning.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
12/14/2015 4:39 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

This is worse than a policy debate hahaha.
The good thing that we all keep respect and education and that that never lacks.
It is the same as with the sport as if and others that do not, some that helps to lose others that do not.
Fer now that we are in elections asks for a subsidy to pay us the trip and leave us a headquarters for the debate hahaha

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/14/2015 4:45 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

sprinkle said:
we are considering the meter for Maria ... but as much as we read we do not decide on one or the other, without taking into account the clear price.Maria for now does not usually have nocturnal hypos and those that she has, both day and night, she begins to notice when she is still over 70 or more ...... What worries us is that she bothers her, it seems that theFreesstyle is smaller.And what we don't know if we must have the authorization of your endo.

Belenes's profile photo
Belenes
02/12/2016 2:43 p.m.

@Rociolinares.hola I am @belenes and I have the freestyle systems, I do well, but only in winter, since in vernano I took third or four day, but I give you what to say in favor of Abbott, notPontianak no paste when restoring me.In vernano use another system of the ABBOTT house, the Navigator II, for me it is the best, since it has an alarm system that gives me a lot of peace of mind.I hope I have been helpful.All the best

Belenes's profile photo
Belenes
02/12/2016 2:51 p.m.

For when the financing of any of these wonders?I read you and the drool falls ... [-o <

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
02/13/2016 12:10 a.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

They said that in Andalucia they were going to finance the freestyle, the point is that a community finance it so that the rest will put the batteries and do the same although in my humble opinion I do not think it is so easy, they will have to do multiple tests and especiallynumbers that had to be the least knowing the prices that the strips boxes have ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/13/2016 1:31 p.m.

I have said that this issue of "which is better" begins to look like a confrontation between football team fans.What horror ...: D.

In the end.I think that each of the two has great advantages that the other does not have.Therefore, they are not similar.I made a comparison in which I offered a few variables that can be interesting for each one to value in their particular case what he needs.

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/18/2016 10:45 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hello, I have been using the sensors since November 2015, I had been waiting for them for more than a year and has been a real disappointment.
Some sensors work quite well in correlation with hair glycemia, but others have a lot of error with respect to it, in the end I wear the sensor and it is a matter of luck that works well or not.
But my biggest problem is that many sensors do not even start, they don't work directly.The last time I made an order of 6 sensors and none of them worked, it seems incredible but it is true, the first one stayed the needle of the applicator nailed, the second -tero-fourth and sixth said reading error (badly stuck sensor, whatthat was not true because it was perfectly stuck) and the fifth sensor did not even leave the applicator.An authentic disappointment, have replaced me 4, but the other 2 will wait to analyze them before replacing them.
What frustration, after spending a money the sensors are defective.I have written a claim to Abbot and I am waiting for a solution, they are playing with our money, hope and illusion.

Marisa33's profile photo
Marisa33
04/04/2016 11:56 a.m.

I see that the best option depends on the experience of each user, I have tried the two systems and I keep the free style, I do a lotVoluminous ...), I prefer the free in the arm, protect it with an adhesive elastic bandage (tenseplast or similar) and I can do weights, dominated, flexions, abdominals, cycle and any type of exercise without moving.

The only thing that is missing the free are the sound alarms to the mobile by hyper or hyperglycemia, but I hope to solve this with the transmission systems that exist or are going to be marketed soon, I have information from three systems:

1st Glucoangel (Spanish): What a shame, a disaster, 170 eurazos and with multiple failures, I have stopped using it.
2nd Glucosentry: I am waiting for them to throw it to this year, you have to subscribe ...
3rd Blucom (American): It seems interesting but I do not clarify with the website, if I see that it takes the 2nd option I will buy it.

And now on top of the collapse of Free Style because they are overwhelmed by the demand.
What a fabric.

JUAN DAVID 's profile photo
JUAN DAVID
03/09/2018 3:11 p.m.

Although the thread is old I see that it has come to light again.I think there should not be as many problems choosing one or the other, and indeed as @"hansolo" says each one has its advantages and their inconveniences, who has doubts that for example proves first the free that is initially cheaper and only hasthat paying € 160 (provided it does not need a clear alarm) and if it does not do well to pass to Dexcom, that has to make a greater disbursement.
It is still curious that there are people who always have problems with sensors, and others have never or almost never had them, I get to think that a problem external to the sensor can also influence: blood density, sweating, placement site...etc, it would be interesting to know if changing brands continues with the problems or they are solved.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
03/09/2018 5:26 p.m.

Juan David said:
I see that the best option depends on the experience of each user, I have tried the two systems and I stay with the free style, I do a lot of sport and it bothers me a lot to have to have to have to have toTake the Dexcom in the stomach zone (itching, uncomfortable, more voluminous ...), I prefer free in the arm, protect it with an adhesive elastic bandage (tenseplast or similar) and I can do weights, dominated, flexions, abdominals, abdominals,cycle and any type of exercise without moving.

The only thing that is missing the free are the sound alarms to the mobile by hyper or hyperglycemia, but I hope to solve this with the transmission systems that exist or are going to be marketed soon, I have information from three systems:

1st Glucoangel (Spanish): What a shame, a disaster, 170 eurazos and with multiple failures, I have stopped using it.
2nd Glucosentry: I am waiting for them to throw it to this year, you have to subscribe ...
3rd Blucom (American): It seems interesting but I do not clarify with the website, if I see that it takes the 2nd option I will buy it.

And now on top of the collapse of Free Style because they are overwhelmed by the demand.
What a fabric.

Simply say that it is not "mandatory" to carry the Dexcom in the stomach zone.There are many people who carry it in an arm, leg or buttock without any problem.I take it in the upper part of the buttock and last 28 days on average.I never tried to put it in the abdomen because it would bother me.
There are sensors that have lasted me 40 42 days, so making the average I do not get so expensive every sensor, in fact the sensors come out cheaper than the freestyle, which happens that it is expensive because every year you have to change the transmitter.
Greetings

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
03/10/2018 12:34 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

As Maritxu22 says, the Dexcom can put it wherever you want, although officially it can only be put in the belly (I usually take 95% like this and perfect), in the arm you can also, I have even seen in calf ....Each is a world.

about the "the only thing" that lacks is being continuous measurement, of course ... it is the only thing ... and it's all ... it is of no use to put a ferrari on four tacos, without wheels ....No?.And about the Apaños, they are that, Apaños, that in the end you find another problem that is to bring those devices (which are not small) above the sensor ... come on, a disaster ... and everything to get what many doesThere are years, continuous measurement.

If Abbott had the Navigator 2, which was continuous measurement as it has to be ... but it is seen that it is more on account to all Spaniards (the Americans no longer scare them even if they are trying), than to give us whatWe need.The free is very good for a Lord older type II .... for your information ... but for a type I it is an apparatus, I will not say useless, because more useless are the strips, but inappropriate.

Of course each one has its pros and consAnother "roll" (unfortunately we are going to eat it with potatoes in the SS), to me that "depends" on each person, does not strain me ... do not understand me badly, in your position economic issues can beDecisive, but to control our diabetes (type I, type II forward with free ... it is for that) McG is needed ... then allergies issues, because there I do not enter, hey, there are people who some sensor irritates theskin and can't ... it's a physical problem.It can also be the case of people that the sensor lasts 7 days, and that is Caríiiiiiiiii.But on operation it does not depend at all ... "That is a trolley like a tail pian... Tips I sell, but for me I don't have ...

Things are as they are ... we have mcg´s ..... and we have strips and free.Type I diabetic, need MCG.Type 2 diabetic needs strips and/or free ... It is my point of view and for my experience.
And I have seen how free has gotten into social security, and how 95% of people only know free, and speak of free as a revolution, when it is a mere product of marketing.I insist, remember that Abbott could have followed the path of continuous measurement, I already had technology, the Navigator I and II (they sent measurements every 5 minutes to the receiver, alarms, graphics, etc ...), but it happened I suppose to whatIt gives really pasta, that it is a mediocre product, that we do not need, and that place it in social security.Simply.If Abbott stopped "nonsense" and took out a Navigator III would be applauding with the ears, for the best we now had it in social security (patch, transmitter on top, and send data to the receiver or mobile), and not the devicethat we have not for us (type I)

Maritxu22 ... the issue of the cost of the annual transmitter ... you can "amortize" even more (there is a community behind which you can make yourself a receiver, you can "reuse" the transmitters, etc ...).Everything is to be wanted to use continuous medication, but with a little "hand" the costs are not theorists, they are less (free, for what it does, it is caríiiiiiiii, it may be cheap, but not economical) ....And the quality of life if it is the fiancee and very far from what they call (marketing) measurement "flash", on demand and I do not know what more name could put "coaching measurement" or "freelance measureI have been the latter, it seems last technology).To me, between the issue of freeStick with shoe, and "dogs" detect hypoglycemia (as a substitute for technology ... of free, of course, it is normal, they complement each other perfectly), they make me bad ....

But it is my opinion and experience, of course, very personal.greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
03/11/2018 10:37 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Very interesting the ideas that you have given about the versatility of the Dexcom, of course, that each diabetic is a world, I have become accustomed to free and perhaps that is the problem by which Dexcom does not convince me personally.
For me, the ideal would be a new version of the Free with a distance transmitter, but not the Navigator II Carisimo and it is not sold in Spain as I see, they do not want to put the batteries these of Abbott.

The definitive theme will be the artificial pancreas, but really !!... A very interesting option is that of closed handle insulin pump, there are several investigations, one of the ones that have impacted me the most is the one that @hansolo comments on its website, the "pancreum genesis" that passed ... simplybeautiful ... for when?!It makes me want to cry.

JUAN DAVID 's profile photo
JUAN DAVID
03/15/2018 2:53 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.