{'en': 'What continuous monitor is better?Dexcom G4 vs. Abbott Freestyle Free', 'es': '¿Que Monitor Continuo es mejor? Dexcom G4 Vs. Abbott FreeStyle Libre'} Image

What continuous monitor is better?Dexcom G4 vs. Abbott Freestyle Free

fer's profile photo   11/21/2014 10:43 a.m.

Thank you so much :-)

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
12/13/2015 12:52 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I do not remember if I have already expressed my opinion, but I think that instead of focusing on the characteristics of the devices we should think about the characteristics of the person who will use them:
- If you have hyper/ hypoglycemia in you are without symptoms to hazardous levels, or if you have an unstable diabetes, the Dexcom is the best option.

-If you have a standard "diabetes, in which you notice the ups and downs on the flight, probably free is the best option.

Finally, I tell you what I told my girl: you have nothing to be ashamed when you look at the dexcom you pass the free reader, you are not doing anything wrong.And if someone asks you, keep in mind that it is an opportunity to give visibility to diabetes, and that the general public finds out what it is and how it conditions the lives of those who suffer from it.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
12/13/2015 1:35 p.m.

with_q_de_quimica said:
I do not remember if I have already expressed my opinion, but I think that instead of focusing on the characteristics of the devices we should think about the characteristics of the person who will use them:
- If you have hyper/ hypoglycemia in you are without symptoms to hazardous levels, or if you have an unstable diabetes, the Dexcom is the best option.

-If you have a standard "diabetes, in which you notice the ups and downs on the flight, probably free is the best option.

Finally, I tell you what I told my girl: you have nothing to be ashamed when you look at the dexcom you pass the free reader, you are not doing anything wrong.And if someone asks you, keep in mind that it is an opportunity for diabetes visibility, and that the general public finds out what it is and how it conditions the lives of those who suffer from it.

Totally agree.

There is not one better than another, but one is more suitable for pesonal characteristics

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/13/2015 3:26 p.m.

Let's see this is the topic of never ending.The only thing I say that I find it hard to believe that a diabetic does not suffer hypos, that everything can be and all life has been lived without MCG, but if we look for quality it is already.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/13/2015 6:48 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jconegar said:
to see this is the topic of never ending.The only thing I say that I find it hard to believe that a diabetic does not suffer hypos, that everything can be and all life has been lived without mcg, but if we are looking for quality, it is already.
>

With free you can't see the hypos?

DiabetesForo
12/13/2015 7:12 p.m.

May I know if he gives you at night, he doesn't let you know, I think, well, the new one they sell in England yes.As here we are in the ass of the world because the English stay good.
Of course you can see when you have already given you or have been lucky to pass the Joseludi glucometer.
Let's see what this issue is always the same.Hopefully all diabetics do not have hypos, that is not to have it.
Do not have the sensor to pass it and see that we have a hypo.
But Joseludi really that this issue is the usual.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/13/2015 8:10 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

@jconegar, or bother ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/13/2015 8:12 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

If they were worth the same with the same initial investment, surely "the unnecessary things of Dexcom" would no longer be.
Here I find myself fair I have finished running while I was watching in my watch in real time how my glucose was going down.

The two are very expensive and end up using more or less the same, but in functionalities and reliability one goes far behind the other by much that weighs.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/13/2015 8:22 p.m.

jconegar said:
that I know if it gives you at night does not warn you, I think, well the new one they sell in England yes.As here we are in the ass of the world because the English stay good.
Of course you can see when you have already given you or have been lucky to pass the Joseludi glucometer.
Let's see what this issue is always the same.Hopefully all diabetics do not have hypos, that is not to have it.
Do not have the sensor to pass it and see that we have a hypo.
But Joseludi really this theme is the usual.

And give it ...

Yes, that if you have unnoticed hypos the Dexcom is the best and the most complete.

If you don't have inadvertent hypos, I am sleeping and I have hiccups.So for me the free is the best and the most complete.

The moment (and I hope it does not happen to me) I suffer from inadvertentity, ... door to free and the Dexcom will be the best and the most complete.

And I say again does not compensate for the price difference to have benefits that you will not use and chain a product.

Hypotic situation:

With the free: I bought the start kit and I am buying 2 sensors according to I need.Within 4 months they get another better product ... Door to free and use the new product.

With the Dexcom: I have spent a money and I have also paid sensors for one year.(Assuming that I can afford it, if not, garlic and water), in 4 months they get another product better ... I like Dexcom with potatoes and garlic and water

And I don't need alarms.

Can you tell me where the advantages of buying the Dexcom are in my case and in that of many who do not suffer inadvertent hypos?

I keep the Dexcom, all Güay, Chachipiruli, not as free, of course.Free is a hoax, it is not complete because it does not warn me of hypos that I perfectly detect, it is incomplete.Where my dexcom will stop !!!He does not deserve a minute to bother me by looking at him over man.I don't bother ...

DiabetesForo
12/13/2015 8:31 p.m.

What worries me is that they get to obsess the controls and in the end they take away quality of life ..
When diabetes is quite controllable, they may complicate it more psychologically.
I have seen a bracelet prototype in which Google is working, that would be comfortable ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/13/2015 8:47 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@joseludi, until the day you don't wake up .. I woke up before until one day I did not do it, thankfully my mother was going to see myWin, says that I was white and frozen, glucagon and samur, when I woke up I had already given the samur time to get and had another glucagon
The rebound does not tell you anything and the scare we all have to tell if my mother no longer slept even directly or lay down .....

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/13/2015 8:54 p.m.

Well there, the Dexcom is very clear, gala.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/13/2015 8:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If @regina, that's why I have it.
What I tell @joseludi is that I do not confeOf course, I find out but if I get 70 to 60, and I think that few notice it for less those who walk with 5 and peak hemoglobins because there is little difference in values
Also that it is not about noticing it or not if not to prevent it.Either with the Dexcom or with the free

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/13/2015 9:15 p.m.

gala said:
@Joseludi, until the day you don't wake up .. I also woke up before until one day I did not do it, thankfully my mother was going to see me every little during theNight that if I don't know if I walked around here, nor did I get, he says that I was white and frozen, glucagon and samur, when I woke up I had already given the samur time to arrive and they had put another glucagon
The rebound does not tell you anything and the scare we all have to tell if my mother no longer slept even directly or lay down .....

When your mother was going to see you at night, it is because you saw that the descents began not to notice.That does not happen suddenly if I suppose I will go little by little

In your case, free is not the best, the best and most complete is the Dexcom

DiabetesForo
12/13/2015 9:23 p.m.

Not all hypos wake you up.In my first week with Dexcom I did not put alarms because I wanted to know what was happening at night, and one night it went down to 40 and after half an hour, it gave me the effect that they say that the rest of theevening.All this and I snoring.

And I am recent diagnosed and the hypos of less than 50 make me find me fatal.Well, I didn't wake up

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/13/2015 9:28 p.m.

Well, not @joseludi, my mother went down to see me because I was 13 years old to start, surely the moms that are for the forum (@regina, @rociolinares, @enma ...) They do it although they have never given them a descent by thenight and in the courses they make it very clear that there are declines that are not noticed and especially during the night because you are asleep and how you get down little by little because of the slow action and it is many times what happens to you is that you are stayingamoded and sleeping more,
I do not know, it gives me the feeling that you are very sure of everything and hopefully you have no scare but be careful that they are not mathematical ... or well, your diabetes seems that if it is

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/13/2015 9:45 p.m.

gala said:
Well no @joseludi, my mother went down to see me because I was 13 years old to start, surely the moms that are for the forum (@regina, @rociolinares, @enma ...And it is many times what happens to you is that you are being amoded and sleeping more,
I do not know, it gives me the feeling that you are very sure of everything and hopefully you have no scare but be careful that they are not mathematical ... or well, your diabetes seems that if it is
>

I am not sure, the first thing I have to recognize is that this is not mathematics.What works for me yesterday may not.What made me upload a lot today, tomorrow does not affect me.

We will touch wood and hopefully we do well choose the system we choose :-)

DiabetesForo
12/13/2015 11:41 p.m.

What I do not understand even if you wake up to have the hypo hahaha.You want to have a hiccup.
@joseludi This story is always that we will never clarify, I would leave this theme settled.
I live better without hypos, notice them or not, wake up or not, I don't care to give the same to have the hypo even if you feel it, even if it is mild.
I really don't think more about this always the same.
The question is to have quality of life or not?
I disappear in this issue already.
What makes me the most grace that exists the free with alarms here we are the ass of the world and leave us the garbage.
When the Free arrives with alarms I imagine that as people show the hypos because I return to the glucometer because it goes nonsense to acquire the free with alarms and it is not worth.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/14/2015 12:11 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

It will be better to leave this debate because never to reach an agreement.The only thing that can be tested is that if someone is doubting between one or another system, what can be better adapt to their needs and pocket

DiabetesForo
12/14/2015 7:22 a.m.

You are going to cure the people of the forum with the nocturnal hypos. You continue the terror of the children .... :)) :)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/14/2015 11:16 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.