{'en': 'What continuous monitor is better?Dexcom G4 vs. Abbott Freestyle Free', 'es': '¿Que Monitor Continuo es mejor? Dexcom G4 Vs. Abbott FreeStyle Libre'} Image

What continuous monitor is better?Dexcom G4 vs. Abbott Freestyle Free

fer's profile photo   11/21/2014 10:43 a.m.

A curiosity, I imagine that the complaints of the inaccuracy of the freestyle will be giving the laboratory, what do they say?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/30/2014 12:36 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, of the mine that fails me at the 2nd day I am still waiting

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/30/2014 12:52 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hello everyone.Gala
Could you explicate me to spend only € 75 per month with the Dexcom?I am making accounts to see if I can afford ... and I do not understand because the sensors last 7 days and are worth € 340 the package of 4 ... according to the inform that they have sent me ...
Thank you

nuria_NBA's profile photo
nuria_NBA
10/20/2015 12:04 a.m.

@nuria_nba, they sell you a sensor for 7 days but the reality is that they last at minimum 15 days to almost everyone and lead to each one a world.I almost always arrived at 4 weeks.
And ñiego keep in mind that if you make annual subscription the price of the sensors low

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/20/2015 12:10 a.m.

jconegar said:
Have you tried to put the sensor elsewhere?In Dexcom they say that only in the belly and come on I have seen it everywhere, even I do not put it in the belly.
Hi @jconegar yesterday I change my first sensor that lasted 20 days, take it out of the picazon that was giving me in the gut.
It turned out that the culprit was not the sensor but that shaved in the area prior to the installation that when leaving new clicks because it struggled 100 % readings and without signs of interrogation.
At this moment I have it installed on my left arm and to tell the truth, annoying mucgo, to see how much it lasts there.
I must especially thank @gala and @inday for all the good advice regarding Dexcom.
Freestyle considers it at the beginning but they never answered Abbott and I have been waiting for and Nahhh to give them as they do not have better customer service.
greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/20/2015 1:02 a.m.

To me in my arms it is luxurious. Seeing what result gives you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/20/2015 1:07 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

We are considering the meter for Maria ... but as much as we read we do not decide on one or the other, without taking into account the clear price.Maria for now does not usually have nocturnal hypos and those that she has, both day and night, she begins to notice when she is still over 70 or more ...... What worries us is that she bothers her, it seems that theFreesstyle is smaller.And what we don't know if we must have the authorization of your endo.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/20/2015 noon

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociolinares, I am more partisan of Dexcom for 3 things, the first one because you don't have to be passing the reader through the arm every time you want to know the values, the Dexcom is downloading them only in the receiver, now in the mobile and notYou have more to look at it and it seems more discreet so to walk the reader and on the other hand the alarms, for me if they are very important, Maria is starting and does not have many ups and downs, but the normal thing is that it has times of having them and the 3rd, the fixation, to me the free by not having more than in the sensor and the arm to be rounded and the rigid sensor took off at the first change.

As for the price because if the first investment is more expensive the Dexcom but in the long run it is equalized: the free are € 120 per fixed month and the dexcom comes out for 75 when each sensor last one month and the annual subscription and the annual subscriptionAlthough it does not last a month that lasts 3 weeks (almost all) would be no more than € 100.

Then since you can or cannot pay the kit at the beginning although now they divide it in 3 installments and you would have it from itself.

If you convince you more, go, pointing out that there are months on the waiting list.I have the free reader who gave it to me in the hospital when they made a bunny of the Indies and they even sneak us

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/20/2015 12:18 p.m.

I share the opinion of @Gala.We never need the alarm because we feel them until once we have not felt them, I take me twice, two commas.It depends on the economy we have and the needs.I have trimmed a little in my life by Dexcom but I would do it again.And my family thinks the same.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/20/2015 1:03 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Thanks @gala
You last a sensor no less than 4 weeks ...? ...
Greetings

nuria_NBA's profile photo
nuria_NBA
10/20/2015 3:34 p.m.

@nuria_nba I decided to start changing areas for @gala, I was about to make a nonsense to wear it hahaha.

From the belly that lasted me 2 weeks or one more pelin, go to the upper part of the butt that lasted me three weeks, the sensor just below belt, controlling when sitting as it was.

The arm lasts for three weeks and six days to four weeks and one or two days.

In the US now they are putting it a lot on the internal twin just a place where you play and there is no muscle near the knee, it lasts for many 5 weeks, I do not know what to do if trying there when I put my clothes long for the bike, but it is afraid because it is a place that many times touched with the bike picture and I can't think about that.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/20/2015 3:53 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

gala said:
have already taken a much smaller transmitter, the Slim and in 15 days it is in Spain.I personally hinder the freestyle in the arm than where I carry the Dexcom.
Regarding the initial investment, it is effectively more expensive but I have already done it so what I have to do with€ 75/month), € 120 Freestyle.
Regarding alarms, deactivate them as easy.
Let's not fool ourselves, the only advantage of freestyle over the Dexcom is the price and the rest is to speak to speak

Do you say they get a finer transmitter ...?I say it for what I have seen online the transmitter of the G5 being Bluetooth is thicker than that of G4 no ..?Anyway, the G5 has not yet reached Spain.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/20/2015 6:13 p.m.

@Sigsauer, that message is December 2014, when they took the Slim transmitter for the G4, which was more planned than the previous one, which is the one that I currently has.
The G5 I think is the same as the previous Slim that takes as 1.5 mm bone more the same but I don't know safely, maybe you can answer @Afterego that the G5 already has

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/20/2015 6:27 p.m.

Ha, ha, if it's true, I hadn't even noticed.Let's see if Afterego gets us out of doubt ...

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/20/2015 7:28 p.m.

sprinkle said:
we are considering the meter for Maria ... but as much as we read we do not decide on one or the other, without taking into account the clear price.Maria for now does not usually have nocturnal hypos and those that she has, both day and night, she begins to notice when she is still over 70 or more ...... What worries us is that she bothers her, it seems that theFreesstyle is smaller.And what we don't know if we must have the authorization of your endo.

Talk to your endocrine PQ in children under 18 are not very indicated, there are people who wear it but do not ...

I am starting with the freestyle now, and you have been with diabetes for so little time.Hypoglycemia .....

not to liar to others I send you a private .... Well, to see if I know how to send it to you, hahahaha ....

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
12/11/2015 12:40 p.m.

Hello everyone,

Free vs dexcom .....

Obviously in Dexcom is the best there is right now, the most beautiful, the most intuitive, has better software, ... you can give innumerable reasons to say that it is above the free.

I have taken the Dexcon, they left me in the hospital for 2 months and now I use free.

To me particularly both have given me the same service, the only advantage of the free is that it measures ketone bodies with the Abbott strips.That's why I chose the free.Frankly, I am bothering to pay the more than € 1,500 that the Dexcom costs.If it is true that those who have Pump Animas can connect both, with the advantage it supposes.But equal to "benefits", at least for me, I keep free.Dexcom requires blood calibration and free does not.

Both have similar margins of error, when your glucose is stable the results are very similar to the MCG and with the capillary analysis, when you have the decompensated sugar or the trends/variations are rapid is when the results are more moving away.

In the White Book of Diabetes we have a chapter in which we compare the MCG and sincerely our recommendation is free, that is, the one who is willing to pay what the Dexcom costs and does not imply that it caught it.

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
12/11/2015 7:47 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

Can the Dexcom be used with a Medtronic bomb? ... Once you invest those 1500 euros, how long does the device last?What would be the initial price of everything? ... thanks :-)

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
12/12/2015 9:35 a.m.

@Roar I do not locate it now there is a thread where the numbers are well taken.I am not going to enter the story of which I advise or which I think is better.I get cheaper than the other two.
This debate is already very crushed by many threads.
I think it was artories who took them out and worked a lot.He did it depending on what the sensor will last.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/12/2015 9:50 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Link

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/12/2015 10:03 a.m.

@Roar there they explain it to you very well

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/12/2015 10:06 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.