I present myself, hello everyone, labor discrimination.

Artorias's profile photo   06/05/2015 1:47 p.m.

Hello, I have been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes two weeks ago.

In principle it has ruined my life completely, since I have been preparation for several years trying to access a certain work in the theoretically if you are not diabetic, but I have planned to try anyway.It is great discrimination.I will try to carry a normal glucose level and have a normal glucosylated hemoglobin, and pray so that they do not peptide C.

I also plan to take it by court in case they throw me through diabetes, fight in the Supreme, although they will surely deny me.

I accept the disease, but I refuse to accept many of the barriers of the disease or that society imposes us.

Greetings to all and encouragement.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/05/2015 1:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the forum!The principles are hard, and it's time to learn and know each other a lot
.In what we can help, here we are.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/05/2015 4:51 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome @Artorias !!, ask what you need and share what you want!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
06/06/2015 1:38 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thank you, by the way I forgot to comment that I entered with 850 glucose, the normal meters measured I think that up to 600 maximum, on the screen I put "hi".Until they did not make the blood test they didn't know the amount.
I was not so bad, I was just thirsty and hungry lately, and I had been losing weight for several months.Calculation that would carry with very high blood glucose about 8 months, since I started losing weight inexplicably.Fortunately I have no complication despite having had those levels, doctors say that I was saved by doing intense sports almost daily, I had to lower my blood glucose a lot and made me find myself better.

At the moment I am taking it quite well, but as I have already warned at the beginning it is almost impossible to have very good values ​​all the time.

I have only had a hypoglycemia at the moment, but it was quite serious, I went down to 33. It was a rather strange thing, since I did and ate the same as always, and at that time of the day I used to have values ​​close to 200.
I suspect that I can still have some of my own insulin and it happened to me, but I have been reviewing all the analyzes they did in the hospital since I entered (it can be done through the Internet) and they have not done me the peptide testC ... So when I have my first visit to the endocrine, should I request this test?

All the best!

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/09/2015 1:05 p.m.

Forgive, but what work do you put problems for being diabetic?
Today with the advances that there is I believe that we can do all kinds of jobs and it seems strange to discriminate about you.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/11/2015 1:21 p.m.

aranzauleg said:
forgive, but in what work do you put problems to be diabetic?
Nowadays with the advances that there is I believe that we can do all kinds of jobs and it seems strange to discriminate about you.

Police, firefighter, army, pilot, astronaut ... Come on, I would say otherwise, all interesting works are vetoed for diabetics.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/11/2015 1:40 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

It is a cause for exclusion in many oppositions.

And this I think will never change, because of people with diabetes that are not taken care of.People the idea of ​​a person with diabetes is that of someone who "cannot eat sugar" and fainted every two by three.

Today I have been with the educator in diabetes and she has told me that most people who go there are not careful enough, nor do she pay attention to all the recommendations.He told me that my case, to document myself a lot on my own and to bring strict control, is one of the rare (!!!).

I'm sorry, but every time a person with diabetes who does not take care.

That said, I'm still struggling to try to enter a place where they don't want me or will ever love me.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/11/2015 5:06 p.m.

Man because I do not seem to be an astronaut or firefighter, or police, also not only would you have the problem of diabetes, because you have to do very hard tests and non -diabetics do not have it easy either, so you can think that probablyEven if you were not diabetic you would not pass them.If it serves as a clear comfort.

because you do not stop in other professions, and being an official today is not the bargain of the century, you can dedicate yourself to medicine, education, any engineering, and if you like sport because you can be a coach or arbitrator.

You have to be positive and look at the good side, because this is disgusting if you emphasize what you can't do ....

I of course neither with nor without it would be astronaut, hehehe ..... because we many times we want what we cannot have, that if we could have nor would have wanted.I explain myself?

aranzazuleg
06/12/2015 9:34 a.m.

Don't you tell me that the evidence is hard?I have been preparing for years in the selective process, staying to the doors for tenths, and this year if I had not stayed in the bones because of this crap of illness I would have already achieved it.
And I don't want to be an official, I want to exercise the profession I have a vocation since I was little.

Please before recommending to someone what to do with your life, think twice, you are still putting your leg a lot, without acrimony.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/12/2015 10:54 a.m.

I think you are being very unfair, the fault of your situation is not those who suffer from your same disease;Diabetes treatment have evolved barbarity in recent decades, legislation nothing at all.In addition, you have introduced yourself several times before having diabetes and you have not entered, you also have part of the fault of your situation, right?

If you want to perform the work for which you have vocation the best you can do is fight for it, and for that your only allies will be other diabetics, for example you can start by going to a diabetic association ...

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
06/13/2015 3:30 p.m.

I have not said that the guilt of my situation is those who suffer from my same disease, the fault of my situation is my illness and laws for which I plan to fight to change, although deep down I know that I will not getNothing by legal means.What I comment is that society in general sees us as useless, and that will not help much to change any law.

My uncle has diabetes and passes completely on the subject, as he is admitted several times a year and then asking for pagans.One of my best friends too and gets drunk at least once a month, several times with hypoglycemia of calling 112 ... What opinion are going to do people seeing those things?Hopefully everyone were like the people of this forum, really.

Every person who I tell it as if I were going to die tomorrow.Even the endocrine when I say both my current work and to whom I aspire, he looked at me with a horror face ...
Pray a very different thing has been the educator nurse, who will help me in everything I can, and he has told me that if I have a honeymoon it will be much less complicated.

The associations ... I've been looking in Madrid and those I've seen have seemed more activities for people to get bored.I think they are not for me.

I really do not want to offend anyone with my opinions, I consider myself a hard person eager to live and fulfill my goals, despite this crap of illness.
It is also true that perhaps I carry very little with the disease and my point of view Cabezón may change.

Greetings to all.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/13/2015 4:54 p.m.

If it serves you something, Artorias, I am with you.
I doubt your opinions have offended anyone, but surely on the contrary.Because I, without being you or wanting to be firefighter or astronaut, the previous comment has seemed absolutely out of place.
That a person who does not know you at anything tells you what you have to dedicate or what is exciting or not .... Buff!.Maybe he was not at his best, because he is incomprehensible.

Anyway, courage and fight for your goals.No one is going to give you anything.With that you can count.Luck,

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
06/13/2015 10:11 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Hi @Artorias, here everyone has opined with the best intention, I am sure, I understand that your situation is a disgust for you, almost all of you who have come through oppositions, they have had to present themselves at least twice, so for thisside, encouragement.

However, it is true that we have much to do, the law is not in our favor, much less, you just have to see the problems that are still with the renovations of the driving license, or already directly related to yours, the recentRejection of administration to be more inclusive with diabetics.

Here is a recent topic that may interest you: Link administration

fer's profile photo
fer
06/14/2015 11:07 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thank you very much Andrés and Fer.

This topic is very interesting, it seems that everything that has been attempted in the end ends up rejecting.The CNP exclusions box knew he was old, but it is 1988!What a shame...

By the way, if someone reaches this thread with a case like mine, I encourage you to fight for what you want until you exhaust all possible options.You can not get, but without trying it will be a spine stuck all your life.

Let's not let this disease give us unnecessary limits, when I have a child, if it ends up having diabetes, I hope I don't, I will tell you that there will be nothing impossible for him.

Greetings

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/14/2015 1:47 p.m.

FRIEND ARTORIAS with what level of glucose do you think that you will walk sure to perform that job without giving you a low, or pass invoice in the long run.nor endanger anyone of course

jjvm's profile photo
jjvm
06/14/2015 8:11 p.m.

Of course, because only police and firefighter are the only jobs with responsibility that exist and cannot be done by a dysbetic is not going to fall round.But for example surgeon you can do, right?

If it happens to me in the long run it is my problem, I do not harm anyone with it.

In my current work I already have a great responsibility and lives in my charge, many also, and for the moment I do not see myself useless to do it or have had any problem.Cereal bar every two hours, and like silk, I always walk above 100.
Today I had to hit a carrite behind an individual and look where, I have not fainted on the way precisely.

In the world of the public you declare the disease and can move you to something "quieter", privately if I say it I go to the INEM tail.The next day at discharge I was already working with a bandage to hide the drops of the dropper.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/14/2015 8:50 p.m.

Of course it is your problem, but your endocrine and nurses will tell you that you monitor your levels, while making normal, practically impossible life, without support of laws or commitment of institutions, businessmen, doctors, etc., nobody gets wet, they areAll advice and recommendations, good words and nothing else, do this, take that and manage them

jjvm's profile photo
jjvm
06/14/2015 9:59 p.m.

Let's see, let's see that I have not said that you must dedicate yourself to one thing or another , what I say that we have to assume what we can and cannot do, you can fight everything you want,Do what you think is convenient, but don't sink because you can't do one thing.

If a door is closed you will open a window.

I have been suffering for 20 years, 20 years with my more and my least, in the end you end up assuming certain injustices and about taking everything with the greatest possible joy PQ if I would not be crying for the corners all day.

And if you really do not believe that you can dedicate yourself to something else because it is your life, try to look for legal gaps, perhaps if they granted you a disability ...., I do not know, this is no longer told because I do not understand.

aranzazuleg
06/15/2015 12:13 p.m.

First of all, I know you tell me things with good intention, so thanks.

No places for disableds are reserved in oppositions that have physical tests.

Anyway, for me the wanting to grant us disability, privileges and pays, it is not the way.
Unless doing everything possible, there are any control problems and complications anyway, which happens and I have already read cases through the forum.

Upside down, we should fight to demand that they match us a normal person, and do not discriminate against us when we have our disease under control (this almost quotes it, I mean within what can be controlled, of course).

And I don't really sink, quite the opposite.What I am not going to do is regret the whole day of what has touched me, I accepted the disease in a matter of days and throw forward.
I am trained to exercise any work, as a famous phrase says of a movie "that nobody tells you what you cannot do."

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/15/2015 1:31 p.m.

By the way, I could not agree with this comment: Link

I, as a member of the General Assembly of the Federation of Spanish Diabetics (Fede) and the Spanish Diabetes Federation (Fed), I can tell you the official position of the diabetics on this subject.We intend to be the same, therefore that is incompatible that we are recognized for a disability to any degree.Our claims are those of equality, and that implies that we will not have "automatic" disability, but only for those who really can accredit it for its physical state.But on the other hand, this also has the other face;And it is that based on the fact that we state that a person with diabetes is perfectly normal and their disease is generally not limiting, we therefore intend that we can opt for certain positions that are currently seen for us due to old regulations when a person withDiabetes was certainly someone sick and with limitations.But today it is not so.And we intend that any person with diabetes can opt for a police post for example, and that it is only an exhaustive physical and posterior medical examination who determines (as to the rest of the candidates) the possible suitability of that person to the position and if he must continue to passselection phases.
This equal criterion is that it was based, for example, our success when requesting an extension in the renewal of the driving license.

We cannot be asking for this on the one hand and that for another there are people (who there are, and I find it in many places and forums) to ask for a disability to be able to discount four hard pigs from a new car or not to pay the bonobús.That is not a vision of the future for diabetics as a collective.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/15/2015 1:59 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.