Eccema when removing freestyle on the beach

maca's profile photo   07/19/2015 1:17 p.m.

Great, thank you very much.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/21/2015 5:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I would tell you that you liked it where you wanted, because if the sensor is good it will work the same in the arm as in the leg, and if the same is bad.

Laire's profile photo
Laire
07/21/2015 6:09 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

I will continue in my arm for now because nothing bothers me at all.And also you try other places hehehe.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
07/21/2015 8:01 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

By the way I just happened to me that before putting it in the thigh on these dates, I thought that if you go to the pool, it will be submerged all the time while in the triceps no.
I clarify that I do not charge commission if you put it in the trices hehehe

rafach's profile photo
rafach
07/21/2015 9:21 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

Hello today I have retired after 14 days the sensor, I put this sensor after the last one that as I told me a scam and small bubbles that in the end were silent as if my skin peeled,
Well, this last sensor has gone much worse to take it off (even with oil to take it easily) when I remove it, I have started my skin, it has been stuck to the sensor, it has not hurt because the skin of my thigh was already detached, but IIt seems very strong, I called Abott but today they don't work.
I still have another sensor that belongs to the same I sent the last but I am afraid to put it on, I had another package of two new sensors and I am trying with one of those to see if I do better (since just this fortnight I go on vacation and notI want to go without a sensor since your lifestyle changes and scares me)
Nobody is something similar?
On the one hand I do not want to leave the free because I do not imagine without him since I have only been diabetic and 9 months of them with the free, but I don't want to be marked with circles either since the first one has not yet cured me completely
What can I do?

maca's profile photo
maca
08/01/2015 4:57 p.m.

Hello, I am in the same situation as you, unlike that I have a little more time (35 years;) now I have 39.
I had been thinking that a meter like this could appear and for about 2 months it was great, but after a slight allergic reaction in the 5th sensor I used, the next one already made a printing reaction.I called the company and the only solution they gave me was to send me another.I trusted that it was a reaction isolated by poor condition of that sensor in question or for having bathed me on the beach, or by heat and sweat ..., and when I tried to put another exactly the same thing happened to me.5 days these last 2 lasted.The bad thing is that to leave cowions I bought 4 sensors and when I returned and called again Abbott told me that I could no longer return them because the maximum return period was 1 month and it had already passed.They literally told me that it was like "to flash something in El Corte Inglés" x (
So I'm thinking of putting some kind of formal claim.

turbario's profile photo
turbario
10/03/2015 9:43 p.m.

Contact allergies can only be resolved ... eliminating contact.It is so, and there is no other.
The only solution that you have left is, well stop using it, well put a barrier between the sensor and the skin.That barrier will have to be a patch that does not produce allergy (Tegarderm, Fixomul, ...), well some insulating liquid (Nobocutan, cavilon, ...), well a combination of both.
The operation we do with my son with the Dexcom I have already put it a couple of times by the forum.In the end it consists of a first cavilon layer in spray and two Tegaderm patches.On this we put the Dexcom sensor.
With all that, the reaction in your skin for two weeks is minimal.With a diprogue cream he is cured in 3 or 4 days.More than two weeks we no longer dare.
It is important not to apply anything in an area that is not absolutely healthy or the reaction will go to more.

Luck.It is proof and error.And it does not come out precisely cheap (especially with Dexcom).

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
10/04/2015 11:22 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Do you not get the Cavilon with the Tegaderm patches in 2 weeks?
By the way, why do you put 2 tegaderm?
Yesterday I tried to put on a sensor again but this time I have become Nobecutam before to make a protective movie.It has not been enough.At 12 hours I started again with a slight itching and this morning I had to take it off because the itching was unbearable.I have not reached 24 hours with the sensor.
I have read that some people are doing well by putting a barrier compened patch between the sensor and the skin, but it gives me a thing to inject the filament of the Sendor and that the trocar drags a small piece of the Compeced and stays in subcutaneous tissue.

turbario's profile photo
turbario
10/08/2015 12:54 p.m.

I think there are better things than the compeed for this like the tegaderm and the hydrophil, make a small fenestration as Aandre said

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/08/2015 5:33 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hi @turbario.

As I told you, everything is proof and error.We put two Tegaderm patches because with one it is not enough in the case of my son.I suppose that all these patches have a certain permeability, just like the spray, and that it needs all those layers to isolate itself well.
The cavilon is the spray that creates the movie that endures the most time we have looked at.In fact, it does not produce a visible film like Nobecutam.It is another thing.
At the edges, the tegaderm begins to take off.At that time, we put transparent fixomul strips above the tegaderm to paste the set.And that, as many times as necessary.

If you have reaction again, I can think of several things:
- That a cape of Nobecutam is not enough.Anyway, this product is easy, easy.
- That you have put the sensor in an area not yet healthy.That is deadly.
- That you have allergy to the filament instead of the glue: it would be strange, but in short, everything is possible.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
10/08/2015 7:46 p.m.

Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Is this Tegaderm patch the one you use?

turbario's profile photo
turbario
10/10/2015 1:03 a.m.

I Hydrofilm

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/10/2015 3:55 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

turbario said:
This tegaderm patch is the one you use?
Yes, that is.We asked Novalab.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
10/10/2015 9:01 p.m.

The last sensor has given me some allergy, I could hardly take it off ... I guess the sensors with the new adhesive.I am a red circle and the needle point for 24 hours, it is also that I am very sensitive, so I did not give importance.I will notice more when I take away the one I have now.

To those who put it in your leg?Does you measure yourself if you walk or do a sport where these muscles are used?It is that in my opinion Abbott recommends the arms because they are less "used" in repetitive movements that can falsify the measures.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/10/2016 1:17 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The last one has also left me a small mark that the previous sensors had not left me, I hope it is punctual although it is also true that I have more than 10 sensors put on the same arm and I think I am riding it, I do not want it on the rightPut on paddle games so I think I will have to alternate, ass, gut etc ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/10/2016 2:07 p.m.

I still have the mark of the one that takes me away at the end of January :(

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/10/2016 2:15 p.m.

The brand only leaves it when I put it in my thigh and there I only put it in the summer months for the thing of the straps and that, so that the sensor and dressing that I put on it do not look uglythat with the days it gets dirty.In my arms he has never left me brand.

In my thigh it is worse than in the arm the truth, it takes to calibrate me more to the best of almost 48 hours and there is more difference than with the traditional (with blood) maybe there is a difference of 30 points of I.GBut it is always the same, so that it is calibrated and I know that if the free marks me 100 is that I am really at 130 but once it is calibrated it is already stable even if they are 30 pnt less.

I do not do any specific sport sometimes I do pilates, I am ... the normal

maca's profile photo
maca
05/10/2016 5:45 p.m.

Those who have tried in the belly or in the buttock how are you going?Where exactly do you put it?Can you send a photo or drawing explaining where do you put it?

maca's profile photo
maca
05/10/2016 5:47 p.m.

I was thinking about the lower back, before the buttocks.That area moves less and perhaps more close measures to the capillary, but the same bothers the clothing waist ... Has anyone tried it in that area?Can you tell us your experience?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/13/2016 9:52 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@ruthbia, it doesn't work !!Although I will have to have tried it if someone asks hahaha.
The only alternative the upper part of the thigh, so that you get an idea where the pocket of the cowboy falls more or less.If you want I send you a photo, I do not put it because I do not have myThat tells you that by private;)

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
05/13/2016 3:23 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.