Eccema when removing freestyle on the beach

maca's profile photo   07/19/2015 1:17 p.m.

Hello everyone

He already had between 4 and 5 patches on my thigh and so far they have done very well.

The last one takes it away yesterday after 11 days on the beach and when I take it away as small bubbles, other bigger bubbles and a great scam, has someone happened to someone?I created that it is from the sea water, the salt, that does not breathe ... I do not know ...

Has anyone happened to you that you have done?Do you think it is for salt water or for chlorine?

Thank you so much

maca's profile photo
maca
07/19/2015 1:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have seen on Facebook that there are people who are reaction to the newWhat is not since when this new is.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
07/19/2015 11:10 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

Ok thanks, it is the first time that it happened to me and that is why I thought it was the cause of the beach, salt, chlorine ... but if others do not happen to them, it may be the glue as you say

maca's profile photo
maca
07/20/2015 12:30 a.m.

Yes, it seems that they are doing "experiments" with the adhesive and there are people who are being affected by skin reactions.

Did you take it because you had discomfort due to itching?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/20/2015 7:59 p.m.

No, I took it because I touched me, but the truth is that from time to time I stung a little but almost nothing

maca's profile photo
maca
07/20/2015 11:01 p.m.

maca said:
no, take it because I touched me, but the truth is that from time to time I chopped a little but almost nothing

It is that when reading 11 days I thought you had not reached the 14th, you referred to that you had been 11 beach days.I had misunderstood you.

I hope you stay in that and don't go anymore.I guess now you will put it in the thigh because it is summer and not wear short or long sleeve.You could try to put on the next arm.You will tell us how you are doing.Do not hesitate to count if you have any novelty.

DiabetesForo
07/21/2015 12:35 a.m.

Joseludi said:

.I guess now you will put it in the thigh because it is summer and not wear short or long sleeve.You could try to put on the next arm.You will tell us how you are doing.Do not hesitate to count if you have any novelty.

By?What problem do you have with what is seen?In Abbot they recommend in the triceps that is where it goes best.For now I will always have it there.
And that in the curro to me I can not see me.But with putting it a little up, it is not seen in short sleeve.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
07/21/2015 9:38 a.m.

There are people who prefer in the thigh in summer for the reason of not leaving a "white" moleThe simple fact that being in the arm is more likely to give a frame frame and run out of sensor.

Many more people than you think prefer another place instead of the arm. What problem do you have in that people want to use in other places?That the same does not mean that the same thing happens to others :-)

DiabetesForo
07/21/2015 11:41 a.m.

I no problem as if you put it on your forehead. But maybe it doesn't work as well.
Regarding the door the first one I put the triceps but the side and gave myself a couple of times.I have put this one looking back and I have ever given, it is almost impossible.
I repeat that the arm is because I ask Abott the because of the triceps and told him that statistical in the tests is where he was more reliable.I personally (and without telling anyone what he has to do or without that taking away my dream) I put that something that costs me 60 eu works well to the tan.But obviously everyone wants to only give my opinion.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
07/21/2015 1:52 p.m.

Sorry when I write from my mobile it is a disaster.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
07/21/2015 1:53 p.m.

rafach said:
I no problem as if you put it on your forehead. But maybe it doesn't work as well.
Regarding the door the first one I put the triceps but the side and gave myself a couple of times.I have put this one looking back and I have ever given, it is almost impossible.
I repeat that the arm is because I ask Abott the because of the triceps and told him that statistical in the tests is where he was more reliable.I personally (and without telling anyone what he has to do or without that taking away my dream) I put that something that costs me 60 eu works well to the tan.But obviously everyone wants to only give my opinion.

There are many people who are working very well in the thigh (the test is in Maca) and even in the navel.On the free user page on Facebook you can see many examples.

You don't have to close what Abbott says because they want to heal in health.We are doing the experiments that they should have done.Sometimes I have the feeling of being an Indian bunny to which I pay them instead of charging them

By the way, I have never found a door, but there are many people who do :-)

DiabetesForo
07/21/2015 2:29 p.m.

For me that the problem is because of sweat not because of the glue, to me one of the time made me react without carrying it.But you have to always try, if you react twice it is better to leave it.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/21/2015 2:41 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Joseludi said:
Yes, it seems that they are doing "experiments" with the adhesive and there are people who are being affected by skin reactions.

Who are the people you know or have read that the Skin Tac has reacted?What threads have you seen it?For talking to them and among all learn to see because it may have been.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/21/2015 2:55 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jconegar said:
Joseludi said:
yes, it seems that they are doing "experiments" with the adhesive and there are people who are being affected by reactions in thefur.

Who are the people you know or have read that the Skin Tac has reacted?What threads have you seen it?For talking to them and among all learn to see because it may have been.

The reaction is to the adhesive that carries the free sensor.Not the skintac.I've seen it on Facebook

DiabetesForo
07/21/2015 3:24 p.m.

Joseludi said:
rafach said:

There are many people who are working very well in the thigh (the test is in Maca) and even in the navel.On the free user page on Facebook you can see many examples.

You don't have to close what Abbott says because they want to heal in health.We are doing the experiments that they should have done.Sometimes I have the feeling of being an Indian bunny to which I pay them instead of charging them

By the way, I have never found a door, but there are many people who do:-)

Can you put the Facebook page?

And if you could put some photos or a video of the exact place of the thigh where people are working, I would appreciate it a lot!

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/21/2015 4:11 p.m.

I always carry it in my thigh for several sensors and I am still good as in my arm.I carry it for comfort, not by aesthetics (I do not hide that I have diabetes), because it is easierOr with my bag (the bag has happened to me hahaha), although you have to be careful with underwear when you go to the bathroom.
I go to the pool and the beach with him, I look at me with short dresses, etc ... And for the moment in my thigh it has not given me any problem, it is the place that I like the most.I have used 18 sensors so far.

Laire's profile photo
Laire
07/21/2015 4:55 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

The group is called "Abbott Freestyle Free Users" is a closed group you should ask for authorization to enter.If you ask you, you will not have a problem to be given.It is in English because the majority are English, although you can use a button that translates the posts (I have not used it because I managed moderately well with English)

Apart from this, they have created another of parents with children who use free, is called "Abbott Freestyle Free - Parents Information Group", to which I asked for a few days ago and today they have just accepted it.I am not the father of any diabetic, but the more pages I can visit to know the experience of other users much better.

A while ago I put a screenshot of a photo of someone who put it on the thigh, I will see if I find the message and put the link

DiabetesForo
07/21/2015 5:08 p.m.

Here is:

Link

DiabetesForo
07/21/2015 5:13 p.m.

Thank you very much, I am already informed so that when they let me ask for free to have everything clear.

Would you recommend me to try the first sensor in the thigh?Or first look if it works well on my arm?

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/21/2015 5:18 p.m.

artories said:
thank you very much, I am already informing that when they let me ask for free to have everything clear.

Would you recommend me to try the first sensor in the thigh?Or first look if it works well on my arm?

First try the arm and if you do well test on thigh or belly when you take several patches.In fact, it has always been very good on my arm, until I decided to try in a thigh and gave me glucose measurements between 20 and 30 above the capillary medication.The thigh sensor ended up taking off at 7 days and I had to change it.

In my arm it has always done well in terms of reliability, adhesion and no allergic reaction.But it is that in this each one is a world, which does not do well to others.Anyway I plan to try it later in a thigh again

DiabetesForo
07/21/2015 5:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.