Diabetics and with complications :(

Maru's profile photo   08/09/2015 9:55 p.m.

Hello
For 22 years I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes mellitus;Since I was a child I was very bad and always lived uncontrolled with the glycemia, but as I grew up and became aware of what it means to suffer from this disease I take control of my life and taking care of my best I could, and I still do it!My food is healthy and balanced and I train every day in the Gym, however for some time since here I have already presented several complications.I had principles of retinopathy in 2007 and currently I present proteinuria (I am eliminating proteins by urine) and Dupuytren disease in my hands as the rheumatology told me as a result of the same diabetes;They had to infiltrate me because they hurt me and I couldn't move my hands or fingers well.

The truth is these complications that I have been presenting only 27 years have depressed me a lot that I have come to think that diabetes would end up killing me: '(no matter how much I take care and fulfill my treatment! I do not know what to do and to think because I think becauseDespite everything I think that although one always takes care of there will always be a complication as a consequence of diabetes.

Thanks in advance for reading me!

Maru's profile photo
Maru
08/09/2015 9:55 p.m.

DT1 desde hace 22 años
Lantus (18 unidades) Humalog (de acuerdo a glucemias)
Última glicosilada 7,7 =(
Apasionada al gym, el ejercicio físico

Hi @maru,

Welcome to the forum.What proteinuria values ​​do you have?It is transitory or permanent.

Each body is a world, there are people who care for compilations and others do not, although in the long run the one who does not take care of it ends.

Keep taking care of you, you don't have another one.At least you will minimize the most complications.

And it is positive although sometimes it costs.

Where are you from?

Greetings.

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
08/09/2015 10:09 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

Thank you @monica_ltd for your Words of Breath!

My proteinuria is in 1530,36 according to the results of the last laboratory I made, my doctor tells me that since I was a child I have always had proteinuria in urine, it should be noted that before presenting diabetes, I suffered from nephrotic syndrome, which they treated me withsteroids and then healed me and it was later, the year that diabetes developed.

I am from Caracas-Venezuela

Maru's profile photo
Maru
08/09/2015 10:21 p.m.

DT1 desde hace 22 años

Hi Maru, first of all welcome.
I am practically novice in diabetes only 4-5 years, I encourage you to take careNight and couldn't stop drinking water.You can't get an idea the joy he gave me when they told me he was diabetic.Absurd, I know, but rest greatly.With this I only intend to give you my view of the disease and encourage you to continue fighting.Many kisses

Chimo's profile photo
Chimo
08/09/2015 11:01 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1. HG 7,3. Abril de 2016 Bomba Minimed 640G

Thank you @chimo for encouraging me to move on!And keep taking care of me!

Greetings!Many kisses

Maru's profile photo
Maru
08/10/2015 12:42 a.m.

DT1 desde hace 22 años

And tell me @maru, how do diabetes treat you in Caracas?Is the treatment by the public health system covered?

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
08/10/2015 6:55 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

Welcome to the forum, Maru.What treatment do you have?What insulins do you use?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/10/2015 9:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

And what does hemoglobin carry?

I can only give you animals and ask you to continue taking care of yourself, don't despair.
I have been 20 years and that if I have always taken it to the heart, but that has not fought me to pass through the chirofano, through a tumor that an ovary ends up.And when we did not believe that it was possible that pregnant.
Life is long and you have to be positive, do not give up, surely it is about to have something very good.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
08/10/2015 9:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Maru.I am very sorry for all the problems you are having ... The truth is that diabetes is a real shit that first fucks you and then kills you.I hate her with all my strength, but these are the cards that have touched us and we have no choice but to do things as best we can.That is our obligation, taking care of us, everything else does not depend on us, so try not to think much about it: whatever it will sound.Being sad more than five minutes is very dangerous.Cheer up !

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
08/11/2015 11:27 p.m.

It comforts me a lot to think that if the kidney is irremediably damaged, double kidney and pancreas transplants are being made and you are cured.
But how long later, better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/11/2015 11:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

How much

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/11/2015 11:40 p.m.

@Egina I know the case of a girl who made her double kidney transplant and pancreas less than 2 years ago.The truth is that it is great because I also had no other complication.
But as you say, as soon as (and to ever be) the better because although we are lucky that Spain is the country with the lowest waiting list in renal transplantation the months of distressing wait in hemodialysis do not take away anyone.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
08/12/2015 12:41 a.m.

But it would be necessary to take immunosses for life since they are not your organs?Because you paint it too nice.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/12/2015 1:41 a.m.

The good thing about that double transplant is what is double, the more organs of the same donor, the less rejection, it is called "umbrella effect", an organ protects another from rejection

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/12/2015 2:03 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Monica_ltd The truth The public health system has its failures, apart from private insurance they do not assure the diabetic people unfortunately :( so my treatment is covered between my parents and me.

@Regina thanks for the welcome, the truth was looking for a forum with people who had my same condition and who could understand me because sometimes I am very discouraged.The insulins I use are Lantus and Humalog.

@Anzazuleg Thanks for your words, you know, I thought that diabetic people could not take a pregnancy for risks and because I have heard that the baby can leave diabetic too, I have always feared him for those reasons.And right now my glycosylated hemoglobin is 7The lyrics of my diet but there are days that at night I do not endure anxiety and like others and that is when I get high with glycemia.

@Roar Thank you for your words, and you are right, I will try not to think about that because it is worse.

Maru's profile photo
Maru
08/12/2015 2:18 a.m.

DT1 desde hace 22 años

ARTORIAS, it is necessary to take immunosuppressants, and the transplants have an expiration date.But there are already many transplanted with more than 20 years of survival.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/12/2015 2:18 a.m.

@Arotorias My intention was not to paint all pink, it is clear that the transplant has to be the last option.I just wanted to expose a case that I know firsthand.For this girl the double transplant has been like birth again but of course, the quality of life I had before the operation was very bad.It is very hard to be in hemodialysis.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
08/12/2015 2:25 a.m.

Maru, if you have achieved a 7 'hemoglobin, you already have very good control.Treatment with these insulins is good.
Humalog puts it before eating hydrates, right?Learn well the amount you need between rations of hydrates and insulin.
Keep taking care of you and ask doubts, in case we can help.
Much encouragement.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/12/2015 2:40 a.m.

Thank you @regina the humalog I put it before each meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner) the amount I put myself is depending on the value in which I have glycemia and I have a scheme that gave me the endocrine depending on the hyper that will be presented to meAlthough sometimes I lose myself with that.

I don't understand that very well the equivalences of hydrates and insulin rations, could you explain please?

Maru's profile photo
Maru
08/12/2015 2:46 a.m.

DT1 desde hace 22 años

@Maru look at this link Here is very well explained

Inday's profile photo
Inday
08/12/2015 2:51 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.