{'en': 'Dexcom G5', 'es': 'Dexcom G5'} Image

Dexcom G5

DiabetesForo's profile photo   09/29/2015 2 a.m.

Hello everyone again, to start the thread I want to thank you for all the good advice you have given me and for all the clarified doubts.

Recopo return from the United States with this pot after dealing with the credit card, the incorrect shipping address by UPS in part of my error since they first use the street number and then the name, unlike us.

I must say that the communication with the people of Dexcom and customer service has not been the best, we are not answering the mails and they have no available representative that speaks Spanish Christian, so with my basic English man over was the banks.

Adding to the eternity that they take to answer the phone, even calling the executive assigned to the direct number.

In summary in a while we are going to apply this device and may God help me since I have no idea how.

I have bought sensors for three months, the receiver and the transmitter that seems smaller than I thought.

The shipment from San Diego to Florida takes 1 day so quite fast after everything.

Greetings and thanks again.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/29/2015 2 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Great! Precisely today I have read that it has already been approved for its use in Europe, and that in the coming weeks Link
Can you upload photos of the G5?

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
09/29/2015 2:26 a.m.

Yes of course
/>
Subefotos.com/ver/?a8e6d4246576Ec66e9585e904dbb97b0o.jpg

DiabetesForo
09/29/2015 3:06 a.m.

Afterego said:
Hello everyone again, to start the thread I want to thank you for all the good advice you have given me and for all the clarified doubts.
Recopo return from the United States with this pot after dealing with the credit card, the incorrect shipping address by UPS in part of my error since they first use the street number and then the name, unlike us.
I must say that the communication with the people of Dexcom and customer service has not been the best, we are not answering the mails and they have no available representative that speaks Spanish Christian, so with my basic English man over was the banks.
Adding to the eternity that they take to answer the phone, even calling the executive assigned to the direct number.
In summary in a while we are going to apply this device and may God help me since I have no idea how.
I have bought sensors for three months, the receiver and the transmitter that seems smaller than I thought.
The shipment from San Diego to Florida takes 1 day so quite fast after everything.

Aftreg, apologize my inculture to what this device is concerned. I only have diabetes two months ago and everyone talks about this. Can you please give me a small explanation of what is it and what is it for?Thank you so much.

DiabetesForo
09/29/2015 10:38 a.m.

Hello Alicia, do not worry that no one was born knowing everything and the technology progresses very fast, I remember a couple of months ago for me it was a mystery this of the continuous monitors of blood glucose.
I do not get tired of repeating it in this forum they have helped me a lot and thanks to that I have been learning a little more about the thing.
I hit the descriptive that appears on the manufacturer's page, in case you have some other queries that we are here for that.
Greetings and do not discourage you that life continues and this is a somewhat large stone on the road but not impossible to carry or try it well

Afterego

It seems that little by little the classic puncture on the finger to measure blood glucose levels will go down in history thanks to inventions such as the Dexcom G5 Continuous Glucose monitoring recently approved by the American FDA for use in that country.

It is a device that uses our mobile as a graphic interface and as a processing and communications system that is capable of constantly monitoring the user glucose levels and transmitting them to the smartphone through a Bluetooth link or the reader.

For this it is necessary to install an application on the phone (for the moment only available for iOS) and place the sensor on the patient's skin.The data on glucose levels are continually sent (every 5 minutes) to the mobile where we can see them in the form of graphs, statistics and know how they evolve throughout the day.

DiabetesForo
09/29/2015 4:34 p.m.

Afterego said:
Hello Alicia, do not worry that no one was born knowing everything and the technology advances very fast, I remember a couple of months ago also for me it was a mystery this of the continuous monitors ofblood glucose.
I do not get tired of repeating it in this forum they have helped me a lot and thanks to that I have been learning a little more about the thing.
I hit the descriptive that appears on the manufacturer's page, in case you have some other queries that we are here for that.
Greetings and do not discourage you that life continues and this is a somewhat large stone on the road but not impossible to carry or try it well

Afterego

It seems that little by little the classic puncture on the finger to measure blood glucose levels will go down in history thanks to inventions such as the Dexcom G5 Continuous Glucose monitoring recently approved by the American FDA for use in that country.

It is a device that uses our mobile as a graphic interface and as a processing and communications system that is capable of constantly monitoring the user glucose levels and transmitting them to the smartphone through a Bluetooth link or the reader.

For this it is necessary to install an application on the phone (for the moment only available for iOS) and place the sensor on the patient's skin.Data on glucose levels are continually sent (every 5 minutes) to the mobile where we can see them in the form of graphs, statistics and know how they evolve throughout the day.

Thank you very much Afterego, it seems to me a great advance because although I have only been fingers like strainers for two months.It is true here there are great people always arranged to make a hand.

DiabetesForo
09/29/2015 6:22 p.m.

Afterego said:
Hello Alicia, do not worry that no one was born knowing everything and the technology advances very fast, I remember a couple of months ago also for me it was a mystery this of the continuous monitors ofblood glucose.

Afterego

For this it is necessary to install an application on the phone (for the moment only available for iOS) and place the sensor on the patient's skin.Data on glucose levels are continually sent (every 5 minutes) to the mobile where we can see them in the form of graphs, statistics and know how they evolve throughout the day.

I see that you have a sensor, emitter and receiver and why receptor ...?I say that if you can transmit the data directly via Bluetooth to the smartphone and repeat again that because you have to buy the receiver ..?If you buy the application for the mobile phone, iPhone in this case and Android for when you arrive why you want the receiver ... pure and hard business ... I understand that they should sell the sensor, issuer (which is where the business is) and the application for the phone no ....?

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/29/2015 8:08 p.m.

@ aliciaalicia, what is placed "smiled the skin .." No, we carry it punctured in the skin.But still it is still an advance, I no longer be without him.

@ Afterego, in the end the sensors are the same as those of the G4?

@Sgsauer, I imagine that the receiver for those who do not want to spend € 800 on an iPhone or wait for the Android application if they take it out and also go from being depending on my iPhone's batteryday I no longer have and I go to the car charger, at work .. that of the receiver will say a week without problems.
Did you remember when the mobiles lasted so long?Who will catch them now ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/29/2015 10:31 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

gala said:
@ aliciaalicia, what is placed "smiled the skin .." No, we carry it punctured in the skin.But still it is still an advance, I no longer be without him.

@ Afterego, in the end the sensors are the same as those of the G4?

@Sgsauer, I imagine that the receiver for those who do not want to spend € 800 on an iPhone or wait for the Android application if they take it out and also go from being depending on my iPhone's batteryday I no longer have and I go to the car charger, at work .. that of the receiver will say a week without problems.
Did you remember when the mobiles lasted so long?Who will catch them now ...

How awful!!!And what pain !!Punctured in the skin.Well, surely it is worth it.

DiabetesForo
09/29/2015 11:56 p.m.

Hello!What the total price of the pot?

Afterego said:

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/30/2015 midnight

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

No @aliciaalicia, do not notice that you wear it, just a skewer when inserting it but compensates you widely.
The price of the initial kit does I remember I remember 1400 more VAT, I don't know now that the G5 comes out if it will continue to be the same price

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/30/2015 12:10 a.m.

sigsauer said:
Afterego said:
Hello Alicia, do not worry that no one was born knowing everything and technology advances very fast, I remember a couple of months ago a couple of months agoBehind also for me was a mystery this of continuous glucose monitors in the blood.

Afterego

I see that you have a sensor, emitter and receiver and why receptor ...?I say that if you can transmit the data directly via Bluetooth to the smartphone and repeat again that because you have to buy the receiver ..?If you buy the application for the mobile phone, iPhone in this case and Android for when you arrive why you want the receiver ... pure and hard business ... I understand that they should sell the sensor, issuer (which is where the business is) and the application for the phone no ....?

All the best

I totally agree that I have a Samsung Galaxy and apparently the Android version is not available.
Hopefully, for March, they could already have told me.
The sensor heating phase is 2 hours before being able to see any value, it is made as it is a long time, they could improve that.
At the moment one feels strange with this apparatus all the time sticks to one.
The values ​​of the first day, although at night it was a lot with the capillary, indicated the alarm several times and nothing was fine.
Already with the day calibration it is much more successful.
about 20 mg/dl The except margin indicates the Dexcom than my glucomero.

DiabetesForo
09/30/2015 12:30 a.m.

Where have you put you?
To me in the gut it seems super uncomfortable, we have already been trying other areas for some time

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/30/2015 12:32 a.m.

gala said:
no @aliciaalicia, do not notice that you wear it, just a skewer when inserting it but compensates you widely.
The price of the initial kit does I remember I remember 1400 plus VAT, I don't know now that the G5 comes out if it will continue to be the same price

Gala If the puncture does not feel and that I had a morbidity, it is more the hair control hurts more.
The sensors are those of 4 effectively.

DiabetesForo
09/30/2015 12:40 a.m.

gala said:
Where have you put yourself?
To me in the gut I find it super uncomfortable, we have already been testing other areas with it for a while

I just put it on the gut on the left side 10 cms from the navel and seems uncomfortable to sleep since I turn like a carousel.
I wanted to ask you in the arm how are you already tested?
Link

DiabetesForo
09/30/2015 1:17 a.m.

@Afterego I agree with @gala, to me the stomach seems quite uncomfortable.

In my arm I have taken it and the truth is that it was quite comfortable but now I do not wear it because it still is hot and it makes me angry that I look at my sleeve.Another place that I like a lot is at the top of gluteo.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
09/30/2015 1:31 a.m.

For next time I pay attention to you and change of place, you know rookie error.
Luckily I have you to spab from and you always solve my doubts.

DiabetesForo
09/30/2015 1:43 a.m.

nigiri said:
hello!What the total price of the pot?

Hi Nigiri prices are the following

Receiver- $ 599
Transmitter- $ 599
1 pack of 4 sensors - $ 349

That in dollars in euros in Spain I think more or less the same, I already do that.
greetings

Afterego said:

DiabetesForo
09/30/2015 2:07 a.m.

I carry it in my arm and I love teaching it, ha ha.Look at the photos that I have hung now in the sport thread created that I look at it.In my arm it lasts 4 weeks.In the back in the upper part I lasted about 3 weeks almost.In the belly it scarcely reached 2 weeks.
In the arm without questions.
I am looking forward to knowing what the issuer lasts.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/30/2015 3:33 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jconegar said:
I carry it in my arm and I love teaching it ha ha ha.Look at the photos that I have hung now in the sport thread created that I look at it.In my arm it lasts 4 weeks.In the back in the upper part I lasted about 3 weeks almost.In the belly it scarcely reached 2 weeks.
In the arm without questions.
I'm looking forward to what the issuer lasts.

Hello Jonecar as I commented yesterday I think that if I am going to put it on my arm the next time.
What if I still don't know how to do when the week ends and you supposedly have to put a new sensor.
It puts the procedure as new but with the same one you carry and keep us using it or how is it done?
Hopefully the issuer will last a long time for our benefit since it costs a paste.

DiabetesForo
09/30/2015 5:51 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.