Highest glycemia in the morning

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/23/2013 1:25 p.m.

Hello,
Well, the question that I ask is precisely that, why is the morning measurement when getting up is substantially higher than the postpondrial night?
I speak of a fairly wide difference, as of 75 at night and 128 the next morning on an empty stomach.Why?
Thanks in advance.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/23/2013 1:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you put your treatment we could help you better.It may be due to the fact that you do not have well adjusted the basal or that you have excess fat or protein and slowly rise, but without data it is difficult to comment.

DiabetesForo
10/23/2013 2:24 p.m.

Ah ok, forgive is the lack of habit, I have been insulin with insulin and it is the first consultation I do with respect to the subject.
I have to put 14 units of slow at night before bed, (my weight varies between 58 and 60kg), and quickly, I get more or less depending on the hydrates to ingest.
And dinner, then, almost all ,, sometimes fish, other meat, (pork, chicken, veal ,,, vary), always grilled that yes, and for dessert a yogurt of 6 carbohydrates.Generally I always ceno with bread and a pair of fried potato rations adjusting clearly, the fast units to the hydrates, as I said before.
And since I started with insulin, the climbs in the morning is the general tonic.
Would it have something to do with the fact that after dinner, it doesn't take long to go to bed?

Thanks and greetings.

DiabetesForo
10/23/2013 3:16 p.m.

Do you do an analysis at 2 hours after dinner?So first it looks like Prado says that it could be the basal.If you want to leave doubts, you could do an analysis of 3 to 4 in the morning for a couple of days to see what results you have at that time and be able to know more accurately that it can be.

laurita11977's profile photo
laurita11977
10/23/2013 4:17 p.m.

If you want to adjust more, you could put another slow unit, but it is a bit risky because you can have hypos while sleeping.128 is a good value to avoid hypos.In the morning there is always more insulin resistance, because hyperglycemic hormones increase ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/23/2013 4:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Ok, then I will stay as I am and wait for the next visit with the endo, we will not spend.

Thanks for your contributions.

greetings.

DiabetesForo
10/23/2013 7:25 p.m.

Hello again,
I still turn with this topic.On the 29th of last month, I had an appointment with the endo and told me to get up from 120 in the morning it is already considered a high value, so he thought he was appropriate to get to 16 the slow units.

I consult you, because in the course of that time 15 days have passed, of which I have risen 7 of them above 120 and the rest, below, (a Fifty-Fifty more or less).And I, after the last night, that I had a roasted chicken with 3 portions of bread and yogurt and that in the postpandral marked me 85 ,,, and I have risen with an unexpected 137, because I do not know what to do to control this.I don't know what the parameter to follow is.

It is true that I ate the skin that is supposed to be what carries fat in the roast chicken, and ate a lot, a breast with its alon and a thigh.The climb, can it be because of that, to the skin of the skin?If so, I would appreciate that you confirm it because so, at least, this would have a reason for being.

And for a few days, I have chosen not to have a pork for the same reason, because it is a more fatty meat and in the 15 days that have passed I have seen a certain "correlation" between that and the morning values.But last night and the 2 days ago, which also gave in the morning an identical value, of 137 having dinner in marinade more bread with tomato and dessert ,,,,,,,, I also turned a little to me although I packed it into the dressing,to the marinade.(By the way, this just by commenting, yesterday morning I gave in the meter 77, having had a very beautiful veal fillet plus a minibocadillo of fried peppers plus dessert ,,,), I see this normal, right?.

I also did one night, when I still had the Lantus to 14 units what Laurita suggested1977, to measure myself at 4 in the morning, but I only did it one day, because I fancy as much as a slap.The postpondrial of that dinner was 102. At 4 in the morning it marked 127 and the morning measurement was 144. The paste of this is that I did not write down what I had that I had dinner that night, so I don't know.

And the endo told me that the dose of the Lantus was adjusted to the weight of the weight.Mine is now in 61kg.How do you make that correlation of units for 16 or?And finally the climb today can be due to the fat of the skin of the chicken?Should I measure myself at dawn?

Oh and the rest of the measurements throughout the day, are normal except very specific things, which could be attributed to my failures, everything quite well.

In fine, when you can tell me something.

Greetings and thanks.

DiabetesForo
11/13/2013 7:23 a.m.

Hello Arrobita !!!I hope to help you with my answer.My son who is 11 years old also has oscillations in the ease of glycemia, and I think I have it quite well associated, I explain: the days that does not play sports or moves very little (we live in a very rainy city) the next day we havesung high glycemia, if the plate with bread rejected to take the oil left of the vegetables sauté, another of the same (the fat you are talking about), or if you have something with a little more fat than usual andHe has not done enough exercise, even if he is just coming from the school that is about 20 min.I hope my answer helps you a little, but I am also seeing that fats play a very important role in the morning glycemia and maybe not so much in postpandracials.
A great greeting

Enma's profile photo
Enma
11/13/2013 7:48 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Both fat, which slows digestion, and protein that is more slowly metabolizes than carbohydrates can be those that cause you that rise in the morning.At least they affect me, if as excess proteins I have a rise at 4 or 5 hours of having eaten.

DiabetesForo
11/13/2013 8:05 a.m.

I was going to go to bed with 113 and get up with 50 and another day to bed with 118 (which is not much difference) and get up with 201 and the truth that I do not understand very well why.
One day cease soup and grilled chicken fillets (the day of 118)
And the other day spaghetti and chicken and turkey hambuges
Why could that be?
all the best

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
11/13/2013 8:23 a.m.

Thanks for your answers, you are some soles.

The question that now is, what do I do to avoid it?, Or can nothing be done?It is worth that fat can cause a climb, the protein just found meadow, then what ceno ???Is it better to eat only hydrates at that time?I make a potato snack ???, some spaghettis with chickpeas ????.What Campanilla tells, seems to go on that line.

DiabetesForo
11/13/2013 8:33 a.m.

Eat the same but in smaller quantity.Try the same dinner yesterday but less chicken for example.

DiabetesForo
11/13/2013 10:15 a.m.

It can be Arrobita that goes in that line because the protein had no idea but I think that when I get up I lowaxis
That lios ... hehe I hope that in the course they are going to give me to teach rations and adjust insulin they explain it well and if they tell me some of this I will comment.

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
11/13/2013 11:43 a.m.

I will listen to you Prado.Although I think I will also try to eat some vegetables every night, for that of the fiber, in case it also helped something.

I will start today.Within a couple of weeks, I return to the thread to tell you if there have been progress or if we continue in them.

I am up to the very "Fafarique" of the trial-error [-(,,, and what I will be around Morena.

Greetings to all and thanks.

DiabetesForo
11/13/2013 12:52 p.m.

If you have uploaded two Lantus units, it would surely be enough to upload one.Nor are you obsessed with perfect values, what is important is that glucosylated hemoglobin is below 7.
You cannot ask for so much perfection with an injected insulin treatment, with which a thousand variables can occur ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/13/2013 8:19 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello again Arrobita !!!You leave me a little hallucinated when you say you will try to eat some vegetables at night.It is essential that we accompany meals with vegetables, both at noon and at night.Hide what you like best, even creams or scrambled with vegetables.In the diabetological education they gave us in the hospital, they told us that it was essential to eat vegetables, it doesn't matter if they are salads that boiled, or cream as I told you ...
You will tell me;I even make the typical fajitas with chicken and vegetables and include tomato sauce, you see amount of vegetables and take it well to taste.If you need help for recipes on how to include vegetables, do not cut yourself to ask.

A great greeting

Enma's profile photo
Enma
11/14/2013 7:54 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Thanks Enma.
Practically all noon as a vegetable, but at night, it is more sporadic, I would say even punctual.I will try to make that variation, to see if so I correct the morning values.

Greetings and again, thanks.

DiabetesForo
11/14/2013 10:29 a.m.

we tell us @arrobita :)
The truth is that I have never started to relate fats to controls ...: S

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
11/14/2013 12:11 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Not the proteins?It never went from eating, for example, a good chuletón or roasted lamb and having a perfect post and at 4 hours a 200 and peak or 300?Because to me and I began to relate excess protein ingested with late glucose rise.Then I found a PDF I think the thirst where I mentioned it and indicated how to calculate insulin according to proteins.We talk about excess ehhh, not to eat a fillet ...;))

DiabetesForo
11/14/2013 1:24 p.m.

The truth Prado that when I am really starting to meet me it is now that I am taking care to have a baby ... and after 20 years of evolution, I am learning things that I had not heard mentioning never ...
And say that you do not imagine what is appreciated so much wisdom and experience together ^:) ^

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
11/14/2013 3:54 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.