Highest glycemia in the morning

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/23/2013 1:25 p.m.

I leave you the thirst document in case you feel like taking a look, in the pump section explains how to calculate the bolus according to fats and proteins, it is a bit complicated but interesting ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/15/2013 4:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have looked at it over, but as you say, I think it covers many interesting issues and that I don't have and should take into account ...
I have kept it and as soon as I can print it.
thank you so much!!!: x

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
11/15/2013 5:12 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Hello! What is uploaded in the morning is usually called the effect of dawn ... it would be necessary for you to put more slow insulin at night ... I happened to me, and I managed to regulate it.;)

vandorta26's profile photo
vandorta26
11/19/2013 3:57 p.m.

Debut en 1996.

Con mi Bombi desde Octubre/2013 con Animas Vibe.

It also happened to me, a solution is the slow thing, but if you are afraid of hypoglycemia you can also control you at dawn, about two or three, when you see precise

Javi_5396's profile photo
Javi_5396
11/19/2013 5:40 p.m.

Little to add, only that everything you have talked about the effect of fats we have been able to corroborate when we have used the continuous meter.Fats and proteins slow down the effect of carbohydrates.And the roasted chicken is "criminal", hahaha, so harmless and so free that it seemed.
However, I would worry more @ arrobita go to bed with 75 (each is a world already I know), than to get up with 128, especially if blood glucose at night is more or less constant.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/20/2013 4:56 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I agree with @Velia, it gives me a horrible panic to sleep and with the sugar less than 100 ....: S

vandorta26's profile photo
vandorta26
11/21/2013 2:18 p.m.

Debut en 1996.

Con mi Bombi desde Octubre/2013 con Animas Vibe.

Hello again,
Several weeks have passed since I started my particular study with respect to dinners and blood glycemia measures.(Making an subsection with respect to the last one that you commented "Velia" and "Vandorta", so far and I play wood, I have not had any hypo, nor nocturnal. While it is true that when I see those low values, even finding me well,I always eat something - caramelito, cookie- to climb a little).

And returning to the subject, I have to say that this little experiment has been done on a single subject, myself and that of course there has been no control.So for both premises I imagine that of extrapolation, nothing at all.I still share my experience.

For not extending much, I will express it at the following points;

1. I have concluded that not only the pig, also the lamb, the veal and the chicken, (accompanied or not by salad), at least it seems that they enhance the alba effect.Or otherwise, they do not facilitate your brake.

2. Dinning in almost the majority only protein can be equally counterproductive for our goal, (this one already said something, and yes, it was right), yes, it is not so counterproductive if the protein is fish and not meat.

3. The more copious dinner is, the more likely it is to get up at high values, even having injected the correct dose and have gotten into bed with normal values.

4. I have taken the habit of putting the lantus, 2 hours after having dinner and not before.I have thought that I could avoid reaching 70-80 values ​​in the postpandrial.It seems that the data, corroborate this.

Conclusions;For a couple of weeks, I try to dine little and accompany the main course always with hydrates, (small snacks of a bread with turkey sausage).Almost always go from chops and fillets with any glossy hint and if they always accompany them with vegetables.

And it has not gone badly, in the last 14 days I have only had two measures above 120. One of 136 after having had cented tortilla + salad and another of 129 after some delicious chops of grilled lamb.Everything always ending with a 6.3 HC yogurt and accompanying it with bread.

As I said before, I do not think this serves as much, but since I had said that I was going to observe me for a while practicing with the "trial-error", because here I leave my results and assessments.

Ah and another thing, as you already supposed, none of the 4 points corresponds to 100% with reality.Strange cases continue to be given to those who so far, I find not explanation.

Greetings.

DiabetesForo
12/12/2013 9:06 a.m.

Arrobita, you are making a good effort and as you know it is best to know each other and gradually discover what is best for us.
I have the same problem.Last night, for example, nothing more dinner was 99. What is logical, digesting dinner was going to suppose a climb, and to prevent it a little I did then exercise (I usually make stairs or static bike), for about 15 minutes.I had gone light (some salad, a little sausage, but I spent a pinch with bread).This morning I dawned as I expected something high, with 119. But some other day I have reached 140.
I already have it very clear, and it is to do some snack around 7 in the afternoon and the dinner almost symbolic (yogurt or a cooked egg without further accompaniment).If I lie with levels close to 80, then if I get dawn over 100 to 110. In short, I usually appear in the morning with 20 points higher than the night level.
As for food, I am clear that bread and fruit for which we have this phenomenon must be prohibited totally at dinner.Proteins do not go wrong, but any hydrate or fructose produces a very clear climb.
And your conclusion is completely ratified, how much more copious dinner is, the higher you get up, it is obvious consequence.And without any risk of hypoglycemia at night.I once made some early morning measurement, around 3, and remained at very acceptable levels.But as the night progresses and you approach at dawn, the liver releases glucose to prepare for the new day.
I put it in the morning and possibly in my case also influences that the dose of the previous day has been losing effect.
I insist that if you like to have some chops, in my opinion you should not prohibit you.I don't think proteins have an importance effect.If you can, try to reduce hydrates, avoiding those little snacks.I think that better meat and salad and bread at least the minimum.Try as I said before with the hard egg, it satisfies me a lot and is balanced.I already have my own experience and except surprises, most of the mornings I already have an idea of ​​how I will be according to exercise and dinner, and rarely I am wrong.
And if it also happens to you that you have no hypoglycemia problems at night, even if it is sacrificed, I recommend some exercise after dinner.This way you will be able to compensate for something of the last food and go to bed with a lower level.Everything is to continue experimenting.Do not miss too much for that glycosilada of 9.30, I also reached that level.But little by little, with diet, exercise and patience, I have lowered it to 6.7
Good luck and keep improving.A hug.

DiabetesForo
12/13/2013 3:16 a.m.

@Miguel, do you consider 119 a high value on an empty stomach?

Congratulations @arrobita, hopefully I could self -study me too.Courage with the hemo;)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
12/13/2013 4:32 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Obly, Intruda, a level of 119 on an empty stomach for a diabetic can be considered tolerable, although not wonderful.
But if most of the days I get it between 100 and 105, because I consider it something high with respect to the average, although obviously I did not overwhelm me with such value;But if in the first hour there is about 15 or 20 points up, the rest of the day I already have uncontrolled.
It is clear that the lower we can be, the better.Without falling into excesses but without lowering the guard.
Greetings.

DiabetesForo
12/13/2013 5:30 a.m.

Do not take it badly, Miguel, but 119 is not a tolerable level.It is a perfect, fantastic, macanudo level for any diabetic.
That lift your hand who did not sign for getting up every day with that value.I think nobody would.

I do not know if with type II diabetes and with some age you can refine at 15 points up and down.Of course in kids and young people with type I diabetes is absolutely impossible.And everything that is not up to 150 a success.

I write this because someone could be discouraged seeing that it does not reach those adjusted figures.And even suffer serious hypoglycemia for trying.I sincerely believe that there is no reason to become obsessed with 15 points up or down, much less think that 119 is a figure only tolerable.It is not so.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
12/13/2013 6:55 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Hello everyone !!!I can't agree with you @aandres.When my son wakes up with values ​​close to 100 is wonderful !!Because we also find days with values ​​of 200 or others with 75. I think that what we should do is take the rations of H.C.indicated by our endocrine.When we do control at night (2 hours after dinner) it is sometimes 100 or even minor, we give it a supplement.There is a lot of variability and I think everything depends on what moves in the school, if it runs in the patio or sitting ... etc.But whatever the value with which it lifts, or the one you have before any meal, take the hydrates that correspond to it, protein, vegetables and fruit.Thus they have taught us that we should do.

All the best

Enma's profile photo
Enma
12/13/2013 7:35 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Good morning!!!!
@Intrusa, all those tests you are doing are magnificent because they will help you better understand how the intakes work, and how your body behaves ... and it is very good to share the experiences because others are learning ... For a long timeI understood that "free" food practically do not exist, but hey, in a type 1 nothing happens, knowing how fats, proteins, HC, s act, insulin can be adjusted.
@Miguel, it also seems a bit exaggerated to adjust in that way, among other things because it gives me the impression that you can be losing a certain quality of life ... yes, your way of living your diabetes is absolutely respectable, butBe careful not to get tired and then I spend so much demand (I say it from my own experience).You could put some data, debut, insu that you put on, etc.To be able to identify yourself better? ... thanks :)
By the way, thanks also to @aaandres that the other day I asked him about the firm and I have not had time to mention it.
And apart from this, those of us who are parents I think we live diabetes in a very different way, we are much more tolerant of glycemic variations, because if we would not be frustrated after another.We all know how difficult it is to maintain acceptable values ​​of our children's blood glucose, and the smaller or more adolescents, the more complicated.An adult is much more stable and therefore it can "refine" the pattern much ... children have to eat everything, among other things because they are developing, their diet has to be the most varied, because the runs theRisk of getting tired, etc ... and therefore getting stability, also apart from hormones, exercises, children's diseases, etc., it is a "feat", so it is also difficult for us to understand that demand for @Miguel.
Joer, how have I rolled up, right?:))

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/13/2013 8:18 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Q Mi 119 It seems a little high in the morning, nothing serious, but it can be adjusted, better.I usually lift 70-80, it is my best blood glucose of the day ... I am lucky to wake up with the hypos, so I can adjust more.

I also recognize that adolescence was horrible, and getting up below 200 was a luxury ... at every moment his!

tica's profile photo
tica
12/13/2013 12:37 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Certainly, as can be seen from our comments, diabetes is complex and for each person is a different world.Each one has different behaviors, both in the same disease and in the way of facing it.
I insist that the measure of 119 is acceptable, and many would like to have that measurement.But I also see in the comments your evolution, with "we" of 6.1, 6.2, etc.And however I am at 6.7 (I also do not, of course).
I am of type II, with 58 years, diagnosed 5 years ago.I take oral medication, in the two main meals and Lantus 16 units in the morning.I have to complement all this with exercise, so that the levels are acceptable.
But there is always someday.This morning I get up nothing less than with 227. I think since I have insulin, I never gave such a high measure.And my behavior on the previous night has been the usual.Only explanation I have, that I took a tangerine orange before bedtime.The orange knew that it produced some rise, but getting to that level really seems to me as a guard court.I will denounce the tangerine ....
Enfin, that there are days that one is to the bun ...
Greetings.

DiabetesForo
12/16/2013 3:19 a.m.

Let's finish, Miguel: \ ">, now I understand, so it is good to have the signature ... I did not remember that you are type 2, and indeed, for a type 2 the levels must be more adjusted because they do not use fast insulin, normally;).

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/16/2013 5:27 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

How good Miguel, hahahaha, luck with the complaint.

DiabetesForo
12/16/2013 7:48 a.m.

Merry Christmas to all, and be careful with the nougat, be careful with sweets in general, be careful with fried potatoes, care with frosted fruit, be careful with dates, figs steps, care with paella, also with bread and bread andPasta, and ...
Lord, I hope that with this cross we have many days of indulgence ...
Is it also bad to eat a mature ... Jaajaja ...
That said, happy year to all.

DiabetesForo
12/16/2013 8:21 a.m.

Miguel, ask the doctor if you can get fast insulin in an extra meal,
With a few fast units, you can eat like everyone else on holidays.
I do not understand why type 2 have you so sacrificed just for not giving you quick ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/16/2013 7:19 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks, Regina.
Indeed the endocrine already offered me that possibility, that at some point I grant me a whim and allow me a good meal, putting a fast dose.
At the moment, I will endure.Although I complain about the sacrifice, the truth is that I also do it a bit joking, since I am adapted and mentalized and it does not cost me great effort.
At the moment I will endure, and what I do, instead of a quick insulin, when I exceed a party, birthday, etc., then I am going to walk a horrita and so I usually compensate for the climb.
Greetings and I reiterate my best wishes to all for these dates.

DiabetesForo
12/17/2013 2:48 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.