{'en': 'Walnuts go up glucose?', 'es': 'Las nueces ¿suben la glucosa?'} Image

Walnuts go up glucose?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/12/2015 12:38 a.m.

This afternoon I took 4 and a half -apple nuts I went for almost an hour and when I returned I was 140 waiting for half an hour and looked at me again and continued.158. Will the nuts be?

Thank you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/12/2015 12:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello companion,
I doubt that by 4 nuts the glucose level raises you both, especially if you have taken a long walk.I think the mistake was to take fruit between hours, theirs is to take it during meals, under the effect of rapid insulin.
A hug.

Tyler's profile photo
Tyler
10/12/2015 1:09 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015 | Accu - Chek Aviva Expert | Fiasp + Toujeo

The nuts have a very low glycemic index, in fact I am what I use when I am a horrible hunger and I want to peck something between hours.I also think it will have been the fruit ...

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/12/2015 10:07 a.m.

@Aliciaalicia, I think it is more the effect of exercise than something else, although I also tell you that the meters are not accurate and the difference could well be by the meter.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/12/2015 10:23 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thank you all.
Fer yes I also thought that it would be an hour to walk almost. This has already happened to me a couple of times the more way it goes up even though it is strange.

DiabetesForo
10/12/2015 10:43 a.m.

It happens to me in the gym, many times when I do spinning I get a barbarity. It is not nothing strange, you will see a thread of many people that happen

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/12/2015 1:33 p.m.

Thanks Ele !!

DiabetesForo
10/12/2015 4:54 p.m.

I like nuts every day and I can assure you that if you eat 3 or 4 nuts they will not raise glucose but what I have proven is that depending on the time and if the lantus is stopping effect or no longer hasEffect What if I upload a lot is that "mean apple" ...

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/12/2015 6:21 p.m.

The fruit with nothing in the stomach rises a lot, it is a fast sugar, it must be taken at the end of the meals to slow down its absorption.
It's fine when you're going to do sports or you're a bit short

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/12/2015 6:26 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thanks Sigsauer and Gala.
But I had read that to go out I could eat half apple of Echo I do it every time and only 3 times after a walking hoa has uploaded my glucose and the rest of the times rather it goes down.

DiabetesForo
10/12/2015 7:43 p.m.

Sometimes it goes up because if and there is no other explanation

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/12/2015 7:45 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Yes, glucose mysteries!!

DiabetesForo
10/12/2015 7:47 p.m.

I think it's the apple.The nuts do not only affect blood glucose, they provide healthy fats, that fat would suffer the curve and lengthen it (even more being more quantity).If you take for example a yogurt 0 with Stevia and the nuts I think it would be better, or whole wheat bread.You can also search for the forum, there is evidence that when sports begins with high blood glucose then there is hyperglycemia for a while.Try to start walking without such fast sugars and go watching that your body says.Although as they say sometimes, it is not known why and point.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
10/14/2015 11:39 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Thanks Pochola, many days ago I didn't read you.All the best.

DiabetesForo
10/14/2015 1:20 p.m.

Normally sport has its contraindications, one of them is that sugar goes up, it usually happens to me.But after two hours there is usually the downturn and you have to take something.

Toti's profile photo
Toti
10/14/2015 3:41 p.m.

DM1 / Desde 1989 hasta...
Novorapid + Lantus
Rara vez estoy por encima de los 200 y peso poco la comida pero tengo un ojo clínico que es la leche, y ni me acuerdo de mi última hipo.
Cuidarse si, pero no perder la cabeza en ello je,je,je.
El deporte es muy sano, casi tanto como el F...

Maria when she does sport always ends higher than she was at the beginning and happens to Toti a couple of hours later.Therefore, when you have a career, if before starting the warming you are somewhat fair, it usually takes some fruit before starting and preventing the dowar for two hours later to be a hypo.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/14/2015 4:30 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

pochola said:
I think it's the apple.The nuts do not only affect blood glucose, they provide healthy fats, that fat would suffer the curve and lengthen it (even more being more quantity).If you take for example a yogurt 0 with Stevia and the nuts I think it would be better, or whole wheat bread.You can also search for the forum, there is evidence that when sports begins with high blood glucose then there is hyperglycemia for a while.Try to start walking without such fast sugars and go watching that your body says.Although as they say sometimes, it is not known why and point.

Sofiazaríiiiaaaa forgiveness that with the rush to some will have hurt your eyes

: -H

pochola's profile photo
pochola
10/14/2015 4:34 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Thanks Toti.

DiabetesForo
10/14/2015 11:47 p.m.

Thanks Rocio.

DiabetesForo
10/14/2015 11:47 p.m.

I just eat about 12 nuts to snack, according to I have read it is a glucose regulator and although in the food leaves they do not put the amounts of an XD ration, I will tell you how much I will have it, that if I am going toWalk for a little while let's go to the xD because as you know I have no insulin fast xD

xavi79's profile photo
xavi79
12/02/2015 6:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.