How many meters do you have?

valky's profile photo   01/25/2014 10:55 a.m.

I guess we have all tried more than one glucose meter, although I have always used the one that my health center has given me, so they facilitated the strips only of that meter.Well, once I asked the One Touch online, because it was very small and they said it was very fast giving the results, but as soon as I finished the strips that gave me free, I went to ask my health center and told me thatThey don't work with him, and I'm sorry but I pass them as things are.In my center they gave me the Breeze 2 that is the one I am now (it seems good because it has a 10 -strips drum and so I do not have to be loading on each occasion).Previously in another community they gave me the compact action that came with a 17 -strips drum, and I was also very practical, and I always had a meter at home and the other one always smaller always in my bag, but now I only have one, theBreeze2, and it has already happened to me more than once I get it out of the bag while I am at home, and when I go out to the street, I forget it at home and of course I am all the time I pray that I do not give me any low and I do notHave to measure.How do you do two meters?Would it be advisable in case the usual fails?Do you buy the strips?And already put what meter do you use?In case it was worth asking for a change in my health center, although as things are also told me not long ago that they are rationing the strips :(

valky's profile photo
valky
01/25/2014 10:55 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

It is convenient that you have 2 equal meters, if they don't give you another in your health center, ask the laboratory to send it to you without problem.I am with Bayer's contour link right now but I don't find anything reliable so I am going to change the optium free style that I have to measure Cetona and I have 2, one had already asked the laboratory and another just given it to meendocrine.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/25/2014 11:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If I tell you how many meters I have ...

I calculate a boat soon than about twenty.I have the mania to save everyone who has gone through my hands.And there are many, because I am the reference person in my association in terms of new technologies.And the laboratories send me the new models to try them.And when from time to time, I open the drawer of the museum of horrors to see my old meters, I think ... how we have improved ...

Right now I am doing a comparative study between different markets in the market for a seminar that I will give this next Monday 27 in Asvidia.I will inform the partners of the entire offer available to know what they can choose and what each one offers.

Of the last ones I have, right now I am happy with the ACCU-Chek Expert for its bolus calculator and the integrated analysis power it contains (in terms of hardware, ergonomics, design ... it is a bit chufilla).And I also believe that the contaur Next USB is a good device in many ways.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/25/2014 12:24 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I have two freestyleoptium, one gave it to me in the hospital and the other in the Diabeticos Association.I only use one that I take to all sides, very rarely forgot ... whenever I leave home I count on what I carry, just as you do with the keys or mobile.The other I have kept as if I didn't have it to use it in case the other breaks me, I lose it, etc ...

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
01/25/2014 12:59 p.m.

Prado, do not the contour link seem reliable?I have been wearing a couple of weeks and I have no problem ... before I used another normal contour that they gave me in the hospital and the latter at the health center PQ were no longer going to give me strips for the other ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
01/25/2014 7:54 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

We also have sponge hundred, but we have always used the first one they gave us, Abbott's freestyle lite.It is the smallest of those we have (by far), and gives the value in 3 seconds with a pinch of blood (it does not become a drop what it needs).Although we never do, until once I tried to reuse a strip and worked (the droplet you can put it on both sides of the strip).As for reliability ... no idea, the value it gives us is the one we believe (and comes to coincide with the few tests we have done with others).
But come on, it only serves to measure and see the average of 7, 14 and 30 days, no calculations or bowling or ...

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
01/26/2014 4:26 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Intruda, it gives lower measurements, some users upload the hemo since we use the contour without agreeing with the average.Especially the higher they are.I am not willing to get more up.

DiabetesForo
01/26/2014 12:13 p.m.

And do these models have cable to download the data on the computer?My breeze2 does have it, and once a month I download it.Although the application does not calculate the hemo, but it makes me averages and I do well to get to know me better.

valky's profile photo
valky
01/26/2014 1:44 p.m.

Hello, I have an accu-chek Aviva Expert that comes with me everywhere .. and if I am not sure to take it when I amounted in the car I turn around ... as it happens with my mobile.I also have 2 Avviva Avviva, one at home and the other at my mother's house.
I have always used this brand of meters and I have never had problems with them ... About 10 years ago they called me and they changed one of them for a new one that had come to the market.I always buy the strips in the pharmacy (about 4 euros 100 strips).

MonaLisa's profile photo
MonaLisa
01/26/2014 5:53 p.m.

Monalisa, and the strips are not facilitated by your health center?Or do you not like the meter that gives you the center?The truth is, I thought the strips would be more expensive, I would be bad for some other comments.Anyway I have been spending about 180 strips a month, and it's € 8 per month, it is not much but ... everything counts.:-?

valky's profile photo
valky
01/26/2014 6:18 p.m.

Valky, I have never asked for a meter at the health center.With 11 years it was my mother who took care of those things Jijiji and I have continued to use the same brand.I have moved several times with their respective changes of health centers and at no time have a meter offered me.
Regarding the strips I use 200-250 per month.It is an expense and added to the insulins even more but as I call it, "you have to make bobbin lace to spend the month."

MonaLisa's profile photo
MonaLisa
01/26/2014 6:45 p.m.

Prado said:
Intruda, gives lower measurements, some users rises the hemo since we use the contour without agreeing with the average.Especially the higher they are.I am not willing to get more up.

Well, go... In two weeks they make me the hemo, I will take it into account
;)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
01/27/2014 1:50 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

The non -concordance of values, usually has to do with plasma calibration, total blood, and all that issue.
Anyway, in accuracy, Bayer's meters highlight in the tests in which I have been able to document myself.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/27/2014 4:43 a.m.

They stand out for reliable ??????Because I can assure you that the contour link is not reliable and I not only know from my experience, we are already many who are leaving it.For a while I was doing tests with that of Lifescan, comparing and in high measurements, greater than 150, they gave lower measures, much lower.The fact is that we all upload the hem suspiciously .....

DiabetesForo
01/27/2014 8:12 a.m.

Indeed, during the 6 months that my daughter used the contour link her hemo rose from 6.5-6.9 to 8-8.2, with stockings in the glucometer of 135-140 and with apparently acceptable controls, throwing pa good ... like meI had suspected for a couple of years that the device was not going well, especially with figures greater than 100, I left it, and in the next hemo, which went a month, I had already dropped to 7.4 and the rest that has been doneBetween 6.2-6.4, and without modifying habits, patterns, or na, just with the change of meter.We currently use the Freestyle, for me, together with the one touch ultraeasy, of the most reliable we have used ... so those who have the contour link, and a suspiciously high hemo, look to see if you can compare the glycemia withAnother meter ... maybe you take some surprise.
And finally, of a meter what matters most to me is reliability, or design, or ergonomics ... All of that is very secondary.While measuring ketones and is reliable I have much more than enough.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/28/2014 4:21 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Indeed, the important thing in a meter is that measure well.And for that is the ISO standard that regulates it.And everyone fulfills it.And if we look at it a figure among the different types of strip (because accuracy is almost total responsibility of the strip and the rest of the algorithms in the meter electronics), the contaur NEXT strip offers more accuracy than the rest.I don't speak precision because I don't care so much.But the figures that I have compared in all the meters I have analyzed (at least those that we have available here in Euskadi), Bayer gave more accuracy.
What is no longer explained is that unfortunate between what you say about the figures of the device and the hemo that finally comes out.But in any case, you never deduce a hem based on the meter stockings.It is a mistake.It does not have to leave or remotely.A meter reflects the stockings of the values ​​at specific times that you have looked at yourself, and not from the rest of the 24 hours a day.You can have an average in the great meter, and the rest of the day not to go so well and you can be worse than the average indicated by the device.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/28/2014 9:46 a.m.

I started this whole story with Bayer's elite.Nothing recommended, and for me, nothing reliable -30 of difference with respect to venous blood, (of 100 that you believed 130 that you have, almost na).By the way I also put my nerves for both blood and backward, 20 seconds I think I remember.

For 3 months they gave me the contour XT, which uses the nexts of the Next that Gondurulo says, this is something else.Minimum blood sample, counts behind 5 seconds, memory, average of the latest measurements, and free USB cable with its application that is not often plug at the computer, but nothing is wrong.

And I know that it is not something to look at the heart because everything depends on "chorrochient" variables, but before going to the last analytics I measured me 94. And the venous blood analysis has given 95. I suppose that it is what it was missingTo fall in love with him.I see it to handsome.

And I don't know if it will be related, but from a glyd of 9.3 in October, I have passed to a 5.8 now.I suppose that in part it is because it was so high that I could only go better, hehe.In fine, I love my meter.But let's see when they do in a wrist clock format ,,,,, to ask ....

Greetings.

DiabetesForo
01/28/2014 11:09 a.m.

Gondullo Agree, but that mean is an approach, which can fail, of course.But with Lifescan he never failed me and with the contour yes ... and I speak of my case, that I am very stable, that my we have always surrounded between 5.5 and 5.9 that was the highest when I usedThe One Touch and now my lateDo not match and go back and see a 120 ... if I pay attention and correct ... what?Well, like this, many times ..... Bayer's response that everything is fine.Ok, then change to the Opium and voila.

I am talking about the contour link that give it to the users of Pump Medtronic because it has connection with it.I don't know the Next.

DiabetesForo
01/28/2014 11:16 a.m.

It doesn't matter the Next as the link.As I said, 80% of the accuracy and precision of a meter are in the strip.The rest is meter conversion algorithms.

I find what you tell.It is clear that it happens to more than one, and I would like to know why that discourse happens.I simply, as an empiricist :-), I have compared the figures and the result is the one that I told you above.That's why what happens to you.In any case, as Owash recalled some time ago, take into account the margins of error that is allowed to a meter: until now neither more nor less than 20% for glycemias above 75. A barbarity.And now it is 15%, which is still enough.That is why a laboratory offers a strip that groups more percentage of measurements near the "target" (which would be the laboratory value), because that (on paper) has more accuracy.That is what I have seen on paper.What happens is that to check a device we should measure ourselves while taking blood in a venous extraction and with a drop of the sample extracted.That is the most we can do to remain calm about our meter.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/28/2014 11:44 a.m.

I have also done many tests with the meters, not only did I base myself in the hemo ... My first bad experience was with Bayer's conflict elevator .... I did many tests, many parallel measurements with Menarini's, I think it wasGlucocard ... The difference could reach 100 mg/dl ... after the 2nd severe hypoglycemia and of giving a thousand turns to the causes, not all attributable to the meter, it had also had to influence the inprevisibility of the pre -enclosed insulins, I discardFrom Bayer, but not before having spoken fifty times with the house denouncing my suspicions ... I didn't want.... I discarded it after talking to Dra.Chief of Pediatric Diabetes of the Hospital de La Paz, in Madrid, who confirmed that they had "retired" the contour of their children's patients because although they could not demonstrate it, their hemoglobins were being substantially higher, something that I had also been able to verify.I discarded it again, and after a couple of years of insistence of our nurses and our endo, especially because of the advantage of sending the glycemia directly to the bomb, I used it again against my will.In six months, the hemo rose from 6.4 to 8.2, with similar controls, with similar stockings ... My daughter is measured of the order of 8-9 times a day, including 1 or 2 at night, so I do not suspectSubstantiated intermediate figures, it is many years in this world to know if something goes or not ... it was to leave the contour and its hem began to descend considerably, until reaching 6.2-6.4 current.
What I have observed is that in low and close to normoglycemia the difference between the Freestyle and the contourlink, are minimal ... the more you move away from 100, the more differences are given ... for me, sufficient reasonTo discard him ... If Bayer's new uses the same strips and the same electronics, I don't even want it ... as I would say that I know, Virgencita Virgencita, that I stay as I am !!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/28/2014 12:39 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.