How many meters do you have?

valky's profile photo   01/25/2014 10:55 a.m.

Prado said:
surprising that Menarini and Bayer have two glucometers with the same strips ...

Surprising to some extent.It is clear that all glucometers companies are bought between them to put exaggeratedly high values ​​to the strips.In the background all are the same ...

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/30/2014 12:01 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Sherpa, and that?The high exaggeration values ​​in the strips, what do they win with it?Just annoying users.

valky's profile photo
valky
01/30/2014 3:41 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

The strips are expensive for the reagents they carry.But they don't cost us anything ... at least they give them to me in the health center ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/30/2014 4:45 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Although they give them to us in the health center, they are not free and somehow, we end up paying them, so it is better that we are informed of what they cost!;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
01/30/2014 7:14 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Regina said:
The strips are expensive because of the reagents they carry.But they don't cost us anything ... at least they give them to me in the health center ..

I only give me half (4 boxes) and the others cost me almost 50 euros the box.It was a long time claiming more strips, but they told me that if I kept insisting they would go down to 3 a day, which is what they have stipulated to give all type1 in Catalonia, to type2, zero.So I left it.

And the reagent that carries the strip, actually does not cost absolutely nothing, and they carry less reactive but continue to use the same, or more.

Many years ago there was a company that took a meter that worked with very cheap strips, they were worth less than today the box would be, but although it was very successful, mysteriously disappeared from the market.The pharmaceutical mafia prevents and will always prevent anyone from selling a meter with cheap strips.They have so much power (they are the greatest business after the sale of weapons) that nobody tells them anything to agree all, the same super abusive prices in the strips.More than 50 times its real price.When that would be a totally illegal practice and in theory pursued by law in any other area.

Valky, the exaggeratedly high values ​​in some meters, it is simply because the meters are bad and inaccurate.They have the same precision (or worse) as the one they had 20 years ago depends a little on luck, that one has one that works better or worse.And yes, today they are faster, but it is just because computer science is much more powerful, not because medical laboratories have investigated absolutely nothing with them.The thousands of millions who win daily at the expense of bleeding and cheating the diabetics go to the pockets of those who control the pharmaceutical lobby.

The EU takes a long time trying to impose better precision standards in the meters, but as those that should do so are bought or work directly on pharmaceutical ones, since these demands and many others that they should do to them never arrive.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/30/2014 9:03 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I would like to know if all those mismatches that you say regarding the Bayer meters to some also happens with the new coutles coupour Next.Or all the problems came with the coupour link strip, to which I have done a few tests these days comparing it with the new strip, and indeed, the old strip measures.I have reflected it in the analysis of the new USB that I publish today on the Asvidia website and you can read here:
Link Bayer-contour-next-usb/

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/31/2014 4:42 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I have a freestyleoptium that my niece (type I diabetics) gave me and that in turn had given him in the hospital.The truth is very good.I have even tried to measure glucose on the day that they make me analytical and does not varied the thing.At the moment I only have one although of course I am diabetic type II I give less use.A hug

nina45's profile photo
nina45
01/31/2014 4:59 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

But the tests have made them with the contour USB, not with the contour link, right? ... I can only talk to you about the latter, the USB offered it to me but I did not want to use it, nonsense the fair.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/31/2014 5:11 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Well, I have only one: the Free Style Opium and I do very well.My diabetic niece gave it to me that in turn gave it to the hospital.I have tried to make measurements just before an analytics and the truth is that it is quite reliable.I am very happy with him and what I see some of you too.

nina45's profile photo
nina45
01/31/2014 7:48 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Ultima glicosila 6

Velia, the figures that I publish in the meter analysis indicates the accuracy values ​​of the new Next strip, comparing it with the old one.And in another graphic you can see that I compare the new strip with the old woman, and the old woman actually measures me, just as you suggested in your comments.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/31/2014 8:21 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Sherpa, if you buy strips on your own, do not buy them in the pharmacy, ask them directly to the laboratory, that they send them home and are 30% cheaper.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/31/2014 12:20 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, how lucky, I have the Breeze 2 and when I am going to do analytics, I look at my home and I can be at 80 and in the result of the analysis I am equal to 129. It gives me a lot of anger, because one day they gave meHalf anger for being 180, but I was at home and I was not so bad :( they told me on the other hand that it is normal because the capillary analysis that we do at home have nothing to do with intravenous analysis. Well, noI like the explanation, so all my daily measures are of no use?

valky's profile photo
valky
02/03/2014 4:10 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Valky capillary analyzes serve to have an orientation when it comes to putting insulin but you are right: they are not reliable !!!That told me the doctor and that's why glycosiladas make us because these are 100x100 reliable.My doctor does not want to know anything about my capillary analysis.He tells me that he doesn't care how I have been a timely day but wants to know how I have been as a whole but that we would do without meters?Diabetics II need it to know if they extreme diet or if exercising more and type I is essential to control their insulin doses.Perhaps because of that great margin of error that have some hicc

nina45's profile photo
nina45
02/04/2014 4:55 a.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Good morning to all, I am new in this forum.Not long ago I have diagnosed me diabetes mellitus 2. They have sent me metformin, which does not feel very good, but we will continue trying.The fact is that my head doctor tells me that the strips only prescribe them to slope insulinos, and the treated with metformin no, since this medication does not produce peaks.The fact is that since I take this medication, they give me many dosons and I have a bad time so I need to measure my glucose to know how I go.They have given me 200 Bayer XL elite strips, but the meter does not and also no longer sell it.I would beg you that if there is someone who has this meter and I no longer use it, to see if I could pass it to me to take advantage of the strips.
Thank you so much.

lui's profile photo
lui
03/10/2014 6:23 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Contact Bayer, www.diabetes.bayer.es the same can be sent to you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/10/2014 7:44 a.m.

Hello!I use the lifescan machine .... Onetouch Verio IQ ... Does anyone have references?Thank you!

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
03/10/2014 9:14 a.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

What do you think of the Freestyle Insulinx meter have given me because I am doing a course in the hospital and has bolus calculator, but never changed from the meter (after 10 years) and I don't know if I will manage well or if it is fine.
all the best

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
03/10/2014 12:43 p.m.

We have two, the same, they are the LX Plus glucomen (it also measures the ketones) and is from Merckx.As I don't know another because I don't know how to say whether it is good or not.
Here in Portugal we pay part of the strips, € 5 and something for every two boats of 50 strips.It's the only thing we pay

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
03/11/2014 3:02 p.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

I have four, with Tour XT and Contour Next One that carry the same strips and they are given by the IMQ, I also have two Aviva Acu-Ho that these strips buy them, I buy them,

Marybe  Days's profile photo
Marybe Days
08/31/2019 10:40 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.