Dexcom G4 and G5 Meter

nuria_NBA's profile photo   11/01/2015 7:19 p.m.

Hello I need a continuous meter but I have many doubts.The free takes a long time to serve it and the Dexcom is much more expensive at the beginning.Please if someone has experience with Dexcom I would like to know how much it costs per month in sensors ... Really, since the company predicts a life of 7 days.I'm very interested in the G5 .... Thank you

nuria_NBA's profile photo
nuria_NBA
11/01/2015 7:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The company guarantees 7 days, that is, if you spoil before you have to change free, but it usually lasts much more, in our case 10 days the one that least and 23 days the one that most

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
11/01/2015 7:33 p.m.

Thanks @con_q_de_quimica
And are you happy with the meter?Is G4 or G5?

nuria_NBA
11/01/2015 7:49 p.m.

It is G4, and yes, we are very happy, for my girl it has meant an improvement in the control of her brutal diabetes, I no longer noticed the symptoms of the descent and the increases when 350 or +was, the glucosilated hemoglobin has passed 7,5 to 6.8 and has given us important clues about some of the causes that make it so unstable.

Con_Q_de_quimica
11/01/2015 7:56 p.m.

Thank you very much, that you continue good!

nuria_NBA
11/01/2015 8:05 p.m.

I have the G4, the sensor will be the same as for the G5, but G5 more expensive according to US prices and durability of the issuer.The G4 I do not think I change it for pleasure even if they make me offer for the G5.
The sensor lasts an average of 4 weeks, I tried areas until I found my arm where it lasted me the most.The G4 if you get duration is the most economical.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/02/2015 12:41 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

A question ..... Is it safe to endure the sensor up to 4ths in the same place?Isn't it annoying?

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
11/02/2015 1:23 a.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

@Monica_ltd for infections do you mean?To date I have not had any problem and that some have lasted 35 days.
You get a little reddish where the thread but having it a week also stays and comfortable, just like at the beginning, what if you have to choose the area thinking that it will be there for a while

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/02/2015 11 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I ask why at home we use free and we are thinking of changing.Free sensors are giving very bad results.

Monica_LTD
11/02/2015 11:30 a.m.

I've spent the night thinking what place it would be ideal to wear the sensor because I turn around the bed ...
Every day I think about buying the Dexcom or the free weighing pros and consI get nervous ... I encourage me enough to know for you that the Dexcom sensors can last more than the manufacturer says ... I'm still attentive to your comments and suggestions .... Thank you very much

nuria_NBA
11/02/2015 2:22 p.m.

@nuria_nba, the sites you know, it is a matter of testing, the arms, just like the free, the gut, the high sides of the trip, the upper part of the culete, some there are there that either carries in the thigh, @Joconegar wants to try in a part of the twin, another one that I know carries it between the neck and the palette in that molla, and I take it to the height of the bra, to the side and cover it with him (more than cover him what I doIt is protected because with the braps I avoid friction or that takes off more), you have to test ..

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/02/2015 2:30 p.m.

When Dexcom arrived we were trying sites by putting only the transmitter with adhesive tape, then it was stirred through the bed (she also moves a lot), we have never had problems with pulls or that I got hooked.We do not consider the G5 either, in order to take advantage of its only advantage over the G4 (which is to be able to see the graph on the smartphone) we would have to buy an iPhone, with the expenses we already have is something unthinkable, and that the transmitters lastless and cost the same ...

Con_Q_de_quimica
11/02/2015 4:06 p.m.

@gala As soon as I fail this tested twin up, the truth is that I am crowded hahahaha, but I can not know it.@Monica_ltd to me The average is 4 weeks two days up or three down, problems with redness or annoying nothing.Trying in twin is because in the US you are getting a lot there and they go at 5 weeks, I will be the Spanish Indian bunny, it is true that if it lasts more than three weeks I will try one more because it may be that one goes wrong and theothers good.
In the upper part of the butt it lasted about three weeks, in the belly where less.
@nuria_nba When you get Dexcom, life changes you what the doctor tells what it is, because of their alarms it is not comparable to the free, you and the people around you have another life, not a hiccI carry it.
At sleeping you don't find out I sleep from both sides and face down and in no case have I noticed anything.On the arm once when she was drying, I went from races, she hit a very strong pull and broke the tape that fastened in half, she was hanging but the filament inside, assured it with the Skin Tac and I put tips that covered itwhole and the arm hahaha was a week and a half of use, I lasted 3 weeks and 3 days that.
The Dexcom its profitability depends on the duration of the sensor, for me it is the most profitable.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/02/2015 7:01 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

@jconegar we are quite fed up with free.The sensors of a time to this part take off at 3 days.It is outrageous to happen these things, and it is useless to claim.They only admit claims for sensor errors, not because the glue does not work.

I do not know if the CC.AA. who want to finance the MCG will learn the free, but six so I hope that Abbott will improve their production and the sensor quality.

Monica_LTD
11/02/2015 7:51 p.m.

The transmitter of the G5 surely comes Spain with a price equal to or greater than that of the G5, seen the prices that the official UK distributor has put.

The G4 is extended to a year or so, and that of the G5 lasts 3 months.We are talking about a cost of 4x, a tease of hair.

They will continue to do G4 transmitters for the Animas Vibe and Tandem bombs (which has just come out and looks good), so although they reduce production with a little morning they can be achieved.

The G4 and G5 sensors are the same.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/02/2015 8:42 p.m.

Just as you prolong the sensor, you also do it with the pump.I carry little, but when I have removed the cannula I was perfect, the problem has always been the bubbles.The truth is that the more you want, but they want to leave it more days
With the Medtronic bombs you have tried if one sensor or another is better, or there is no possibility

Ele's profile photo
Ele
11/02/2015 9:31 p.m.

@Ele, with the Medtronic bombs only the densers of Medtronic, the Enlite.
The Deccom, goes with the Animas pump and only with the G4, of mimento does not work with G5
The elongation of the sensors is purely economic, the fungibles of the bomb give them free ..

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/02/2015 9:57 p.m.

ele said:
just like the sensor, you also do it with the pump.I carry little, but when I have removed the cannula I was perfect, the problem has always been the bubbles.The truth is that the more you want, but they want to leave it more days
With the Medtronic bombs you have tried if one sensor or another is better, or there is no possibility

@Ele the prolonging catheter time I don't like mainly because of the brands that you take if you have been.Cone give them for free, I fulfill Lis changes.It is true that they could endure much more.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/03/2015 9:05 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Hi @Ele,

Our experiences to lengthen the bomb cannula ends up being problematic.In addition, the pump consumables give them free of charge, so not to use them is nonsense.

In the working group of our hospital, the Infanta Leonor of Madrid, the issue of lengthening the cannulas was commented and that happened.The comments (only the negatives) the people who attended and had taken the same cannula for longer are:

*Itching and inconvenience when the bolus (several people),
*Less absorption of insulin loquee caused increases in glucose (several people),
*Insulin comes out of the body by infusing the bolus (several people),
*Itching and red in the area when replacing the cannula (several people).

In the end in these meetings it was concluded that enduring the cannula more than three days only brings problems.

There are studies of laboratories and hospitals on this and are quite negative in their conclusions about increasing the days without changing the infusion set.

As always, there will also be a "business" component in this, but it is true that our experience is that it is better to change the infusion set every 3 days than to endure more time.

I leave you a PDF book on this subject.

Monica_LTD
11/03/2015 1:56 p.m.

@jconegar and @monica_ltd
Thank you very much for your answers, it seems incontestable

Ele's profile photo
Ele
11/03/2015 4:07 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.