{'en': 'Travel with diabetes: the airport', 'es': 'Viajar con diabetes: el aeropuerto'} Image

Travel with diabetes: the airport

Eva Bajo Picaporte's profile photo   05/16/2014 3:10 p.m.

@"Jota" That template was signed by the GP without putting problems.Of course I took the logo and the rest that comes at the end.I simply left the text and fill in my data and the medication and others that I needed to carry.The doctor signed it to me and put the seal.Mine goes quite a lot and did not read it, but as long as you do not lie in what you put I do not see reason so that you do not sign it, but well there is each one out there that only by annoying the same tells you no.But well if you take the role already done, that does not give them work, because there are more possibilities than if they have to write something they.
The endocrine also signed one and I written it to me and everything.Not at the time but left it targeted and pick it up another day.But well I from the 2 endocrine I have passed have been very nice and have not put problems with anything.The same has been lucky.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/16/2017 1:58 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Do a small isothermic bag with an ice accumulator let it pass?
The insulin that I use can go at room temperature but my header says that glucagon has to be refrigerated.
A comment, someone has said before that they made insulin in the winery and then lost it.As they have already said, insulin always with you but is also that in the winery you can reach so low temperatures that they can spoil insulin.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
11/16/2017 3:11 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

Yesssica_a said:
@"rake" in theory for control you cannot pass juices through the liquid regulations but once you pass the control you can raise anything you buy inside.I take glucose pills that when solid do not put problems and also do not occupy or weigh to carry them in my bag.And it is the most quickly uploads to you.
With free I have only traveled once and no problem.

I always have at home and I take in the Glu Up trips, which goes up quite fast.
But telling me about the pills @"yesssica_a" I think I'm going to buy them.
I have gone to the pharmacy, and those they have are Gluco Sport, a lot of pills come ... but what I wanted to ask is if they go up quickly?And how much can a pill get up ???

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
11/17/2017 11:14 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

@"Rake" The Gluco Sport are the one that I buy, they usually have them in almost all pharmacies.The pills rise very fast because it is pure glucose.About how much it goes up I would not know how to tell you because it depends on the hiccups and the person, but if you have controlled the Glu Up you can make a calculation.The pills I think are 5 gr each (check it in the box just in case) so calculate more or less with the one that has glu up.I GLU UP O GELES I have never used so I don't know how to tell you equivalences.

Yessica_A
11/17/2017 11:36 a.m.

Thank you @"Yesssica_a", then I will buy them, and to see how such!

By the way, do you take one or more, when do you have a strong descent?
If I remember correctly, Glu Up is 15 gr of glucose of rapid absorption;With what would be equivalent to 3 pills.

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
11/17/2017 12:58 p.m.

Freestyle Libre

I only use the pills when I go on the route through the mountain or travel and I have never had a very strong hypo.But as is usually when I'm walking and I'm going to walk because I take 2 at once and I control with the free every 5 or 10 minutes to see how it goes.If I am stopped with 1 I get to climb if I am between 50-60.
Normally to upload fruit when it is not a strong hypo and I don't care a little more to climb.My hypos are usually 60 or 50 and peak.It is rare that I get out of there and if I am not going to move with half fruit I already put myself in 90-100 without problems in a short time.I always have jelly beans in case I ever forget to put fruit or end up and with 1 jellyge it comes to get from 60 to 80 or less.
But my case for what I have read here is not very common and people usually have stronger hypos.I use little fast because as little hydrate, so it is difficult to have hypos of those that lowers you a lot.It once happens to me that as it was and I get more hydrate if I am wrong in the calculation but in the day to day it is very rare that it comes out of 50.
With the slow down I know they are very gradual and slow so I have a lot of room to react and I am eating but little by little not to happen.
But well if the glu Up is doing well for your hypos and has 15 grams because it tries with 3 first pills and you see.It is that each one is different for this and equal to me is doing well with 1 and you need 3 for the same.

Yessica_A
11/17/2017 1:44 p.m.

Thank you very much Yesica!I will make the report with that template, to see if they want to sign it.

A hug.

yesssica_a said:
here you have one:

Link

You can pass it to a text processor and modify what you want.I use one taken from that template.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
11/20/2017 2:01 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

Hello good!As I said last week I made a trip to Prague, it was the first time I was traveling with the sensor on.(That by the way, not because they will arrive on time, but because a diabetic friend lent me one) and tell you that no problem ... I was in the forum that Algúien was afraid in case I distrusted or something similar, and nothing, everything ok.
This time, what I did, was to tell them (even though I was wearing glucose gels) that I had to climb with juices and taught them my medical report;So nothing put the juices in a kind of microwave to verify that they were no other product, and inside, in the hand back.

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
12/06/2017 12:44 p.m.

Freestyle Libre

Forgive someone in Word that model you are talking about?Gala do you have it ??
For getting it to my endocrine and facilitating work.
Thank you so much

kavit75's profile photo
kavit75
01/25/2023 9:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I traveled a few months ago by plane warning the airline and carrying the doctor's paper just in case.I spent double luggage control (2 airports I want to say) and nobody told me anything about any product made with diabetes

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/06/2023 4:36 p.m.

Better said I spent 3 controls and nobody told me anything (in my city of origin to go to Barajas, in Barajas, and at the foreign airport for the return).

I don't know if this speaks good or bad about the controls they perform in airports but it was.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
02/06/2023 4:39 p.m.

The sensor passes without distrusting the metal detection arc, but according to the ABBOTT manual, X -ray detectors should not pass when I travel to the controllers and step with the spare of the sensor under the arc.
On some occasion I have had to despise the sensor's box and have passed a paper through the sensor components.I guess it will be a reagent to detect drugs.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
02/12/2023 1:43 p.m.

I have gone through all airports without problems in these 7 years that the sensor use and last week I made a resonance with contrast.I was almost an hour on the enclosed machine and the sensor works great.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/12/2023 1:59 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, this year I have been in the USA and several countries of Central America, and I have not had problems at any airport.My problem was, as I had insulin for several months, how to not lose the cycle of temperatures, since only the one I use I carry them in my pocket, the rest in a hand fridge, something big by the way, I would likeFinding some smaller fridge, although in this fridge I could put ice, but I think that with so much trip, there would be some time that I would lose the temperature cycle.
Any advice on transport, and a smaller fridge, I usually travel 2 or 3 months in a row?
Health.

Marchoso's profile photo
Marchoso
02/13/2023 9:45 a.m.

@amarchoso, I don't know if you know the cold portfolio, it is activated only with water and works by evaporation.It can lower to 8 degrees less than the ambient temperature.
Search online.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/13/2023 2:46 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.