{'en': 'Travel with diabetes: the airport', 'es': 'Viajar con diabetes: el aeropuerto'} Image

Travel with diabetes: the airport

Eva Bajo Picaporte's profile photo   05/16/2014 3:10 p.m.

Hello guys, consult!
It is the first time that I am going to make a journey in Avion from Argentina to Mexico ..
The consultation is what collections take, which is what my doctor should detail?In the report.In the requisition I have to present the insulin pump with all the disposable ones that are used?The same with the meter, lancetas, insulin etc?I mean, I have to warn that I travel with all those things or only if they ask me?

melycifre's profile photo
melycifre
11/01/2016 2:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Here I leave link with more recommendations to travel with diabetes.

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
11/01/2016 7:37 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Since you have resumed the thread, any problem with the free sensor in airports and airplanes?Maria goes to Dublin at the end of the course, well, if we decided my husband and I, because we are terrified, and we only have until the 15th of this month to decide and be able to make the flight reservation.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/03/2016 6:16 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@rociolinares totally quiet, nothing happens.That you carry your medical report in English version too, you will not have any problems to pass what is necessary for diabetes, I am boring to pass controls.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/03/2016 7:48 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Rociollinares also now with LibreLinkup you will be able to see its glycemia from your mobile to be calmer .. ??Well, carrying everything necessary, that is, all the chit of gels, glucagon, needles, glucometer, cookies, coca cola etc, etc, etc (another suitcase) apart from the clothes, that goes and enjoy !!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/03/2016 9:14 p.m.

Yes, I fear that it will have double luggage .... hehehe ..... They go to host families and now we are trying to find out if there is any knowledge in diabetes, that would give us some more peace of mind.She will be big and we are going to suffer what is not written, but apart from improving her English, she will be great to take confidence in her illness.But how difficult it is !!!!It has already cost me more than a tear, from here to June I will end.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/03/2016 10:12 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares are quiet!Surely he will do it phenomenal and as you say, it will come very well but you too :)

@jconegar the airport scanners then do not affect the freestyle sensor?I have a cocoa that I do not find out, I do not know where I read that when the scanner passed the sensor could be spoiled and in February I go to Miami and I do not want to go alone with the normal glucometer :(

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/04/2016 12:08 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@Rociollinares we must let them be independent even if they cost us tears.Iago in March will go to Germany for exchange for a week.We do not know who can touch him but surely he will manage well.
@nigiri for what you ask from the airport, I will tell you that the scans do not affect the free for anything.Iago has been in this Holy Week without going any further, we went to Dublin and passed the security arc without problem.If you pins, which is normal you tell the police and pass the manual scanner and throwing forward.Iago was what happened to him, he whistled and when he said it, there was no major problem.That if he carries the letter from the endocrine to not have problems when passing the insulins and the rest that you carry, but I will also tell you that when they see that it is insulin they do not ask or ask for anything, normally ... to me in Dublin I almost almostThey let an antipiojos liquid go back because the security agent gave him the boat and how he saw myself with the children ... :))

Enma's profile photo
Enma
11/04/2016 12:33 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Not if traveling I have traveled with insulin, with glucometer etc many times, in Europe, USA and Africa and no problem, this summer I even passed with a small juice brik :)) that would obviously not realize but with the sensor I have notI never traveled and I was not afraid no longer to whistle, if not the one who spoils or something.Thanks @enma!:)

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/05/2016 12:36 a.m.

nigiri said:
@rociollinares are calm!Surely he will do it phenomenal and as you say, it will come very well but you too :)

@jconegar the airport scanners then do not affect the freestyle sensor?I have a cocoa that I do not find out, I do not know where I read that when the scanner passed the sensor could be spoiled and in February I go to Miami and I do not want to go alone with the normal glucometer: (

Beware of Spaniards are not like many from the US.Those here without problems, there they have some not all who, however, and I think you can't.Talk to the laboratory that confirms it to you.Here I can have passed it through more than 100 and about 20 in Europe and nothing happens, it is also true that many times it gives me the fuck and I do not want to happen

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/05/2016 1:29 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Good morning,

I pass with the pump and the sensor through the safety arches and nothing happens.What they told me is that you don't have to put it in the tray that passes through the rays. but through the arches, I have not had problems.
On insulin, as a partner says, always in the hand suitcase on board, never bill.

Important always carry a medical report in Spanish (and English if you travel abroad), where the need for insulin, needles, pump etc. is indicated.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
11/05/2016 9:48 a.m.

Good morning, I've been using freestyle for two months and in September I go on a plane.I would have to change my sensor in the middle of the holidays.I go alone with the hand suitcase and I would have to wear a sensor pack unopened to put it in the middle of the holidays.Do you know if there is any problem?

Montsevn's profile photo
Montsevn
07/26/2017 2:06 p.m.

Hello @"Montsevn", I have not seen myself in that situation but in your place, I would tell my doctor to record it in the certificate you carry, it costs nothing and you save possible problems;)

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/26/2017 4:01 p.m.

@"Montsevn" There is no problem but you have to take with you a report in which you specify that you are diabetic and the things you have to take with you.Take everything in hand luggage with you, always.

All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/26/2017 4:33 p.m.

I already have the medical report, thank you very much.

Montsevn's profile photo
Montsevn
08/01/2017 7:55 p.m.

Hello,

Is there any report/certificate/type, in Spanish and in English that can get off the Internet, or copy?

I want to travel by plane abroad, and the endocrine, the individual and that of the SS have told me that they do not write anything and much less in English.

I have told Dra.Header, and tells me that she doesn't know how to do it either, I need it to justify needles, insulin, etc., at airports and airplanes.

Can anyone help me please?

Emily's profile photo
Emily
11/15/2017 2:58 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

Here are one:

Link

You can pass it to a text processor and modify what you want.I use one taken from that template.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/15/2017 4:18 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I am going to travel by plane within 15 days, and I stay much quieter, reading than with the sensor on, there is no problem ... like much to be.And I hope that both at the Madrid airport, as in Prague, I have no problem !! Although to tell the truth, I am always a little nervous in the controls in case they put an inconvenience .....

Ask you ... do you not go to the plane, right?
The last time I travel, I put a couple of zumitos in the suitcase and not even found out;On the way back if I got caught but I bought one in the store inside the airport, and they no longer requisitioned me ... Curious!>: P

This time I will do the same, and to see if they don't catch me ... and if I will not have to get to Prague, and the first thing to buy juice, because I feel much safer!

By the way, when I travel, I always carry twice as much bolis, strips and needles ... it is better than about

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
11/15/2017 8:25 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

@"Rake" In theory for control you cannot pass juices through the liquid regulations but once you pass control you can raise anything you buy inside.I take glucose pills that when solid do not put problems and also do not occupy or weigh to carry them in my bag.And it is the most quickly uploads to you.
With free I have only traveled once and no problem.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/16/2017 9:30 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

yesssica_a said:
here you have one:

Link

You can pass it to a text processor and modify what you want.I use one taken from that template.

And social security doctors sign it without problems?

Jota's profile photo
Jota
11/16/2017 1:31 p.m.

Debut: 2001
Novorapid/ Toujeo (22 unidades)
HbA1c: 8 (Necesita mejorar)
Sensor Free Style desde 2021

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.