Steps to get a Dexcom G4

renoca's profile photo   05/29/2014 10:15 a.m.

Well, yesterday I had the interrogations.He had been with the sensor for 9 days.I will stop sensor to start again, and this morning the interrogations again.What do I do, I change it, I hope to see if they leave, stop and start again?Thank you

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
06/30/2014 7:07 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes ???They persist, I would change the sensor, it is most likely that you have moved and it will not be reliable, sometimes they do not reach 2 weeks, although sometimes, they can last a lot.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/30/2014 7:40 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It happened to me to throw me 2 hours with ???And at 4 hours again ???And then last perfect for another week, endure a little and if you see that it is very frequent changing.
The next sensor fixed it well that I think that the one that endures more or less depends a lot on the fixation

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/30/2014 8 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Banhop, as @Gala comments, I have been days for the sensor not to show the interrogations and then it has "re-re-librated" he alone and has endured again without problem much longer.
My recommendation (and Novalab's) is that you have patience with them ???

renoca's profile photo
renoca
06/30/2014 9 a.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

Good morning, I have finally got a sensor for 4 weeks @gala, don't see how the economy notes.I put them on the arm, which is where they have given me the best.I always cover it for the shower.
It is a change of radical life.But I have a paste;Just as for the day the "uncle" goes perfect, nail everything.At night it is a gap, as soon as I get deep .. starts to go down and whistle and I whistle all night .. it is finding a torture.I don't know very well what to do .. and as soon as I wake up, it gets perfect again.For example, I whistle 45 and I have 85 .. Sche is a lot of difference .. and if I make my nap it also shows .. I do not know what I do when I fall asleep but it seems that I die!It happens to you too? ... I am going to choose to leave it in a drawer of the stored kitchen.
By the way, on Tuesday I made a pancréatic reserve ... and when the glucagon click me .. was it lost .. did it get ???And until I didn't lower the sugar to 138 he did not score again .. what anger he gave me .. I wanted to see that curve
: (((
Now to wait in the end that they give me the results .. to see how much I have worsened in these three years as a diabetics .. the truth that the insulin that skewers me I have not varied .. but we will see if it was the pancreas who works extra.

Another little thing .. I have noticed my two -year -old daughter who has a horrible breath in the morning -like mornings to beast and is always asking for water ... I don't know if I'm getting pairing .. What would you do?I had thought to make some strips when putting it into the pool .. or click on the heel when he falls asleep and do some blood glucose.

Thanks to all for this corner ^:) ^

pochola's profile photo
pochola
07/04/2014 6:23 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Hi @potxola, how long !!I'm glad your record !!I already told you that at the beginning the budget they ask you is to forget you but then the cost is lower.
I realized that if I threw me on the sensor or stayed "belly up", I went out ???, I turned and 5 minutes away.
I imagine that the curve was due to the rough climb and until the levels have not been regulated has not returned to normal

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/04/2014 7:12 a.m.

Exactly, I think it was so strong, that the little poor did not resist it .. it was also his fourth week .. Maybe if it were new, he would have managed to mark him .. the truth that I was not going through here for a long time, but next timeI hope to bring quality info .. regarding the reservation and Dexcom at night .. Let's see what they tell me and I tell you everything.Greetings to everyone

pochola's profile photo
pochola
07/04/2014 8:18 a.m.

@Potxola, I have the girl if you have acetone strips would be done and good glucose control (better in the finger that will be easier for you) is not others and so you stay calm but I don't think it's anything, childrenThey have acetone many times especially at the nights that are more hours without eating, but we are not going to paddle at all if you do it and your quiet

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/04/2014 8:40 a.m.

Thanks @gala, I already tell you!

pochola's profile photo
pochola
07/05/2014 5:53 a.m.

12 days with the apparatus ...

- We continue with the first sensor.And that we put it in that way and began to take off both days.
- To reinforce it, we put him (also in that way) Hypafix of roll.If I had cut it and stuck well I think it had worked better ... because the original dressing takes off below it (where it was already raised).But as I say, everything works today.Has anyone used something better than Hipafix?
- We buy prep tollies to try to paste the raised areas.For the result obtained, I deduce that the use of these wipes is another (facilitate the glue, but not paste).Are these or Novalab's better?
- He has bathed in the pool a few times without protecting the sensor ... and my son is one of those who until he is wrinkled does not leave the pool.The sensor continues in place.Those who protect you for shower or bathe, what do you do?

Operation:
- We have diverted three or four times quite the blood measurement (between 50 and 80 units).Both up and down.It usually coincides (now we have discovered it) with low glycemia.It seems that it can happen when the descent or rise is abrupt and that it is enough to emphasize the pot once the blood glucose stabilized (they told us the first time we stressed as little as possible, but then they have told us this: double calibration with a difference of 15minutes).Since they have told me, I have not needed it.
- Since we have it, he told us about all the hypos.And also with time.Except in one that reached 51, in the rest it did not fall from 60. And he used to notice them with 45 or less.I think, clearly, we have improved here.
- We are one of those who have had to discharge an "APP" APPs.My son does not wake up with a trumpet in his ear and our room is much more distance from 6m.Solution: Receiver in the room distributor, on a mobile with the application.The best I have found (I have not looked for a lot either) is "Vibration Monitoring".You adjust the sensitivity (I have it at 0.15m/s2, but not all mobiles have the same sensitivity).Let choose the alarm type and work with the screen off and in the background.The only drawback is that it is somewhat cumbersome to turn off the alarm.
- After those initial dislikes that made us doubt their reliability, knowing it better, there is no doubt that we have improved in tranquility, much.But neither is the panacea, eye.It has its limitations.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
07/06/2014 4:18 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

I am using 3M tegaderm, which stick to the skin quite well but not instead to the sensor's own dressing.

A question for those who place the sensor on the arm ... How about the readings at night?It seems to me a very comfortable place to place it, but I do not know how to sleep because I imagine that I will end up sleeping on the sensor for a few hours and for what I see that can have a negative impact on the readings.

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
07/07/2014 12:46 p.m.

Hello reading the messages I think I'm doing something wrong.The sensors will last only 7 days and appear to replace sensor.My daughter has the Dexcom G4.Moreover, I get interrogation signs and a sand watch.What can I do?In addition, the difference in glucometer measures is very high.It is not worth keeping using it.In my country they do not sell it and it is very expensive for me to bring it and it does not work for me.

Vane0519's profile photo
Vane0519
09/29/2014 4:15 p.m.

Vane when you get a sensor the only thing you have to do is start it again, simply, without furtherweek.
Very important that you set well

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/29/2014 4:58 p.m.

I advise you that if it is for questions at the beginning of the second week that you change zone, it is personal opinion.
I had always told Dexcom that in the belly and until I entered this forum and started reading I never dared to change it.
Right now in the upper gluteo part 21 or 22 days.And I am testing to put it on the side on the rib, since there are people who endure more there.I am trying to locate an area where I don't rub.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/29/2014 5:59 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Pochola said:
... I have finally achieved that a sensor lasts 4 weeks @gala, do not see how the economy notice....

Incredible!!!And congratulations on the record, I have not passed, in fact, I have put it as a limit, just what you explain about the loss of reliability of the measurements that are from the week ... as soon asThe ???I already started calculating that it plays replacement.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/29/2014 6:12 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Fer@ is that I usually last 4 percerteums, one 34 days working perfectly and 2 more days with questions and of course I changed

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/29/2014 7:19 p.m.

Gala ... is that you have the most economical continuous measurement of all ... automatic and with alarms! :) I would like me ... already ... healthy envy.If each person is a world, to me the same measurement as yours, it costs me ... the double!Good luck, no, no), last week, almost 3 weeks before one ???.

greetings

PD: In this same post ... If someone wants a used Dexcom receiver, Fer has one for sale (look at his signature).

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
09/29/2014 7:27 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Well some also fails me ...
This summer one with 3 days that chopped what for what and some other 2-3.No, I don't complain

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/29/2014 7:44 p.m.

I last at most 12 to 14 days.This week I wanted to try a third week, but on Saturday I was a wedding, and the 24 hours I had the day I was 22 with the ???, I returned 15 minutes and went again.In the end, because of the clouds the sugar.How much will I endure one day with ???And if that changed, because to be like this it is not worth it.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
10/01/2014 7 a.m.

Man is that when they appear a lot ???It is no longer worth it,
I endure it because I may not appear for 30 minutes to me and go well for another 2 days and the same thing again.If they appear to me, they are removed after a while again, it is not useful for anything, in addition the values ​​that it gives you are no longer very reliable

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/01/2014 7:52 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.