Steps to get a Dexcom G4

renoca's profile photo   05/29/2014 10:15 a.m.

Jo, my joy in a well, yesterday I made 5 weeks with the sensor, I went from Fabula, a record !!!But .... I have shower, the sensor in place, catchI wear things, the perfect Dexcom, 81, I get home, I'm leaving to take off my shoes, and zas !!The sensor that I find on the ground !!!
He has given me a genius ... is that Fabula's VAT and what would know how much it would endure until I fail ... but the worst thing I have thought, oysters and if this happens to me on the street?I lose it and I don't even find out, you buy another transmitter ...
Does anyone take off that easy?It seems to me that this in the pool will take off safe because if this happens with a shower ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/19/2014 5:07 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hello ... in Yankies forums they are quite given to lose the transmitters (although there they solve it quickly calling their insurance company and send them another).
Anyway ... 5 weeks ... it's not bad, no ... :)

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
06/19/2014 6:02 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

No, it's not bad but surely I would have lasted a few more days because I was stuck and removing at the beginning when I put it that at half an hour I got the ???They had not left again, I would have sat better to fail to die that way, what rage: ((((

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/19/2014 6:40 p.m.

I took off inside my sea, less badly wearing a swimsuit and I stayed inside. I realized quickly.I stay in the sweater sleeve again.I am afraid to lose it, and as soon as it takes a little, I start with new dressings and to invent things so that it does not take off.

How do you do it?I put it with nothing, well, I give my wipes that carry glue and hit it more.I take it until I give indications that it is going to take off, when I see that one side no longer hits, I cut the dressing and put one on top, if I put it without trimming, it ends up getting up the new one.The last one lasted 3 weeks, that for me is little, and it was also because it took off.With this I start today the week 3 and it does not look like it is going to take off in the short term, to see q passes with heat and pool ...

tica's profile photo
tica
06/20/2014 4:14 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Joer, 5 weeks, thus, although it is expensive if it is amortized, because the box of 4 that is almost 400 euros would last about 5 months.So.I just bought it, to see how it goes.By the way, the transmitter is annoyed at 6 months because the battery is over?Can't change the battery?

By the way, I have put the first sensor in the abdomen, the next one I will put in my arm.You know that I can put myself to hide it or protect it on the arm a Poc, for example if I am going to exercise or play football, put it as a bandage, bracelet or something.

And another thing, for the receiver, take it when for example game to football, I have seen that in Sweetcase sells a bracelet, but it is worth a lot, I do not know if there are universal bracelets that serve him, who do you use?

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
06/21/2014 6:28 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

No, it's not bad, but it's not normal to me is the 1st that lasts so much, normally 3-4 weeks.
The only thing that comes to a neoprene bracelet, such as those that are put on the elbows or knees when they hurt you but for the arm and but one of those bandages that are with Velcro and you put it to the measure you want (they usually be forhold the ankle or wrist) pass by decathlon that of those things has many or in an orthopedics.
To carry the receiver, in a bracelet for the TLF it fits perfectly, you will not be adjusted to the window but as a transport function during exercise it is worth.
Stick well with an extra dressing if you are going to move a lot and sweat, don't happen to me and you will lose.
The duration of the transmitter ... is the 1st that I carry, so I do not know how much it will last, according to the commercial, the guarantee is 6 months but that it lasted almost a year, I do not know if it will be true ..... there is any inthe forum investigated the theme of the battery ..;)

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/21/2014 2:04 p.m.

Well, tomorrow they come home to explain to us and put the first sensor to my son.
Any last minute suggestion that we should take into account?

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
06/23/2014 9:27 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

@aaandres ... get ready for a new life!It's all I have to say.Well, also tell you that you are patient when you see the three questions "???", give time before replacing the sensor.Sometimes they can be up to 2-3 hours on the screen and then return and so normal for another week!

renoca's profile photo
renoca
06/23/2014 9:47 a.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

Yesterday I get the Dexcom from a good hurry.I always notice hypoglycemia, less for a few weeks of pregnancy, it already happened to me in the other.Well, yesterday I marked me, I have the limit in 60 Q I am very cool haha.Well, I was perfectly, I did an analysis to calibrate it and 42. Luckily I carried it, in the other pregnancy I reached 20 on a couple of occasions ....

tica's profile photo
tica
06/23/2014 9:59 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Well, VAT has come out.

I paste textually ...
The draft now presented by the government specifies that exclusively maintain the taxation of 10% "those products that, due to their objective characteristics, are designed to relieve or treat deficiencies, for personal and exclusive use of people who have physical, mental, intellectual or intellectual deficienciesSensory ".

What will happen to the sensors?21% right?Although it is a physical limitation and relieves the life of diabetics ...

What I don't just understand, if this is something imposed from Brussels, why in Germany it has a 0% VAT ... we are the fools of Europe ...

tica's profile photo
tica
06/23/2014 10:18 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

I see it clear.According to the text you have put, it remains at 10%.
It's like glasses: for personal use.I see no possible ambiguity in the matter.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
06/23/2014 10:26 a.m.

Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

I have bought sensors today to have the summer and have applied 10% of VAT yet.

renoca's profile photo
renoca
06/23/2014 10:32 a.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

I understand that it will remain 10%

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/23/2014 1:27 p.m.

Well, we have been with the Dexcom G4 for a few days.
Comments/Questions A soon:
- How many times do you calibrate?The commercial told us that the less the better (that is, twice a day), but I think it would be more comfortable to do it 3 times so as not to be aware of it, and it should be better.Now the difference between glucometer and Dexcom is normally 10 units (higher the glucometer).
- Are you still carrying the glucometer when you leave home?That is, do you think that it is still indispensable in case the DEXCOM fails, or to check a Dexcom fact, or to calibrate the Dexcom?We feel so safe that we have stopped carrying everything on ... but I would not like to find some surprise not scheduled that those who have been living longer.
- I don't like that values ​​cannot be read: neither their number, nor those of another day.It is the worst that I see.And you can't see the data that insulin or hydrates goals ... and therefore cannot be corrected.And neither does the PC software allow that insulin and hydrates data.It's the worst.We pointed everything in a notebook.Many data were looked at them after the glucometer.Now it is impossible.
- They could say from the beginning the adhesive wipes and offer them.Now we have to ask them when we could have them.It seems to me that they will be essential.

For the rest and indeed, it is another world at the level of tranquility.Another world.
When we have already studied the behavior we will begin to take action.I think what is clearer is that we should prick the insulin after meals: after eating it usually goes down and then climb ... except for breakfast.It is clear that this behavior is for my son, it is not a rule.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
06/28/2014 5:45 p.m.

Another world, right?
Let's see, I answer you as I do:
- I usually calibrate 3 times for what you say, so as not to be pending and do not catch me away from home and so I don't carry the glucometer.Breakfast, food and dinner or before going to bed.
-I do not carry the glucometer because I fly a lot and if I calibrate 3 times I don't catch any calibration away from home.
To date he has not asked me for any extra calibration.
-The wipes ... You will see how it is better, I put a transparent and waterproof aposty and the sensor lasts an average of Venti many days, my record is in 36 days.If I do not set him with the aposty a week El Senser to the Porra.
And when we put the insulin ... I put it after eating because I have noticed, in me, I do not know the others, that it takes me more to raise the food than what it takes to act insulin, now II explain the descents that gave me sitting at the table eating.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/28/2014 8:28 p.m.

Very good.
I've been with the first sensor and very happy.He has fought me from some hiccups and has given me a lot of security.
Today instead, he is totally crazy.At night he marked me 60, and I measure me in the glucometer and ... 200. Since then he has not given one.Will it be time to change the sensor?I have calibrated it well, and has not given me any ???of those who usually speak.What would you do?Change it or wait a little and see if it measures well?

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
06/29/2014 7:01 a.m.

I would wait another day.When you look with the glucometer, if you don't get a lot, check it 2 times because the glucometer has also ever played it.If you see that it is not decidedly restarts before taking it away, sometimes there is luck and goes from pearls

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/29/2014 7:04 a.m.

Thanks Gala, I will.I will wait to see how it behaves throughout the day and if that I will try to restart the sensor.

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
06/29/2014 8:18 a.m.

Well, nothing is having normal behavior, nailing measurements with the glucometer.
Could it be that I have taken any position during the night that has affected the sensor itself?I don't know, quite weird.

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
06/29/2014 2:29 p.m.

Hello ... aaandres or bad memory, or really in the software you can see the level of glucose at all times, simply putting the cursor at any time, and you see the value that Dexcom gave you.The meals and injections, at the time I used them a few weeks, but I saw - in my case - that was a wasting time ...

On the measurements, I usually put it if I look at it, even if I do not ask, since from that moment they spend 12 hours until you ask for it, I once forget, and ask for the drop - they have to spend many hours of the 12- andKeep marking quite well, only with the message of the drop.

Mikel01, sometimes you can go a little crazy, it can be for many things, from signal losses (in the Seven Plus it is easier) to what you comment, a position or movement of the sensor can affect you ... but littleYou will know little by little.Over time nothing will surprise you and you will know how to act.

Of course, those who have known it, will mean a change in your life safely, and return to the system before (archaic) you will see that it is like leaving your latest generation mobiles and reuse of normal mail ...

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
06/29/2014 5:48 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.