Steps to get a Dexcom G4

renoca's profile photo   05/29/2014 10:15 a.m.

Well, thank you all, especially to renocate for opening the thread and for its instructions.
In a few days my son will be one more user of Dexcom.Let's see how at his age of "rebel hormones" (no one seems to be in the forum).The same is like an orchestra, all day by whistling, and we have to remove it at 3 days !!
I will have you informed.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
06/10/2014 8:03 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Aandres, about the orchestra pito .. At first I put all the alarms, tall, low, climbing, going down ... and now I only have the one with low and going down because if I did not go crazy, both buzzing and beep, too, too, tooIt is true that it was worse controlled and of course that oscillated a lot and the high one ... because as you are looking at him every little you are seeing how you are going.
And nothing, luck with the sensors, that last a lot ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/10/2014 1:08 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thanks Gala.
I guess that we will do, to disconnect the majority.In the end the great fear is strong hypos, either in vigil or sleeping.

Questions:
Does the receiver come with any case or something?
If not, is it necessary?
And if it does not come with a case and it is necessary, which one buy and where?

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
06/10/2014 3:32 p.m.

Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

If it comes with a leather cover, which brings clip for the belt.Anyway, I have bought another at Sweetcasediabetes.com, which I like more to take it in my bag, it occupies less because it has no clip, it has a strap for the hand that can be removed, and I cut the lid not towalking and closing the case, (for me the ideal would be like that of the silicone tlf, but of those I have not seen any), but this are pijadas mine, the case it brings is fine.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/10/2014 3:55 p.m.

I am very happy @aaandres, we have been using it for 15 days (with the first sensor) and we have changed our lives, I do not exaggerate, it is the pure truth.The tranquility and control offered by Dexcom should enjoy the whole world for free.

renoca's profile photo
renoca
06/11/2014 7:22 p.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

Renoca said:
I'm very happy @aaandres, we have been using it for 15 days (with the first sensor) and we have changed our lives to all, I do not exaggerate, it is the pure truth.The tranquility and control offered by Dexcom should enjoy the whole world for free.

I share that feeling for many years, I changed it totally ... to think that the difference between having diabetes and living badly or living well was a speech ... incredible.A friend who was lined "The important health is lined" :(.
Hoping to be free for everyone instead of the third world strips ... and it is that the day I have to leave it gives me a Patatús.And "element" thinking of the SS and the like will say "it is not so much" "you can live without it" ... well ... and if we remove the pacemaker ... the electrical wheelchairs, the orthopedics, the crutches, the prostates ... nobody has to die and can live ... What are we?We all want to live well, and the one who says otherwise lies, because the quality of life with a dexcom increases to unsuspected levels, what happens is that the one who manages/shows/promotes surely he lives better (+$$$) if he getsThat we live worse (-$$$), it was always like that.

That said, a before and after, off - on, fatal - almost cured without doing anything.My Dexcom saved my life, that clear.The endocrine who attended me in the SS (from bad to worse) that "you can'tBanks, and "bad endocrine" (the good defend the MCG as the greatest advance from insulin) are surely worried because a little machine who fits in his pocket leaves them ridiculous (and leaves them).

I can only say that I remember as if it were yesterday, 6 years ago and peak, when a great endocrine (here was not known this device, which took several more years to arrive) put in my hands the first Dexcom, first sensor on,A break to have coffee and .... I laughed only looking at the glucose level ... so many years suffering diabetes and wishing this, just this, knowing where I am at all times.I remember as if it were yesterday ... and nobody had the Saints Coxxxxxxx of talking about this, or telling me "how bad you are and bad that you carry it, take a plane and go to the USA" because knowing it, I was going.

greetings

PS: On the covers, I think that IPOD generic covers could serve you, it is a question of looking for an electronic, mobile, MP3 device that has similar dimensions, and looking for that, sure that you are found, vinyl covers, etc ...

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
06/11/2014 8:58 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hello, could you tell me what do the sensors cost?I am thinking of buying a dexcom but I do not understand continuous meters, just what I read here,
Thank you.

paulamolina's profile photo
paulamolina
06/12/2014 8:11 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The box of 4 sensors, (supposedly for a month), 374 Euritos

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/12/2014 10:30 a.m.

puffff ..... what expensive ... right ??Thanks Gala, a question, not spending freestyle strips, would you give sensors in your position?They give me free needles and strips in my health center, I'm from Murcia.

paulamolina's profile photo
paulamolina
06/12/2014 12:24 p.m.

No, they don't give you anything at all, for now you have to finance it a solo.
What you say is what it should be but at the moment it does not enter the plans of the SS

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/12/2014 12:42 p.m.

Another question that I ask you who have the apparatus ...
It is clear that much of the good control that we aspire to carry is based on the confidence in these devices, both on the traditional and continuous glucometers, but do you say that from time to time it fails ... Is there any indicator that makes you suspect thatThe Dexcom is failing and therefore "put in quarantine" its measurements or do you only realize that it fails when you compare it to the traditional glucometer or your sensations?
That is, could a phrase of the type "when you do this or that already know that I cannot trust what you are telling me, but when you do not do any of that I can fully trust the Dexcom"?
Thank you!

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
06/16/2014 8:19 a.m.

When there are sudden variations, better compare it with the glucometer, they are almost always less than what indicates.

A question, how will the new VAT of medicines affect Dexcom?They are going to put 21%

tica's profile photo
tica
06/16/2014 8:41 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Unfortunately, it will be.21% or what touches.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
06/16/2014 9:51 a.m.

Law that will come into force this Friday ...

tica's profile photo
tica
06/16/2014 10:02 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello, as you have answered, with variations or even with rare measures or that "distrust" (although 90% of the work of a diabetic is done by the Dexcom, we continue to notice many things, dizziness, "rare" sensations, etc ...And that's when it is best to check with the meter).But in the same way, you will find the calibration and that the meter of a rare measure (for what the dexcom marks), then better to repeat measurement, because you take them in blood also fail.If I had to trust one ... I would trust the dexcom (measurement and arrow), it compensates for me.

About VAT ... indeed it seems that it will be so, I don't know when ... the sensor box will remain in a beautiful figure ... 411 euros ... A little above is the minimum interprofessional salary... Take Ya¡¡¡¡

or the 475 euros of a transmitter (in case it was not cheap) or the 720 euros of the receiver.
Beautiful prices.Anyway ... at this rate to spend 20 strips a day :( and to wait for the complications that will come, all this in house and without moving ...

For me, it is certainly helpless to see that the difference between being right and bad with diabetes (I cannot with it, tried and defeated) is a device, available and perfectly financing.You have it in front of your noses, and they tell you that no, that you have to be wrong, have a bad time, not sleep at night, have a hem of 9 and peak and wait for all the problems to come ... you feel:(

greetings

PS: And to laugh, we need to see something like that in the news:

Diabetic Bankia's branch roasted by using an insupen needle (painful), they capture it 3 days later withdrawing their insulins in the pharmacy (it is that diabetics are very predictable).In interrogation he alleges that he did it to finance his medications and without harming to anyone (more than the one that is done thanks to the SS with those needles).
They put it in jail, and how they cannot control their blood glucose levels (continuous asymptomatic and for reason), they finally put a dexcom :).After a few months they release it and take out the Dexcom.Start again.Is this what they offer us?

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
06/16/2014 10:18 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

One last question: D
How does the calibration work?Should you introduce a measurement at 12 noon from the start of the "session" with the sensor or can you put the ones you want in between?
That is, you put the ones you want but if you spend 12 hours without having introduced any measurement then ask you, right?

Thank you!

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
06/18/2014 9:46 a.m.

The first one has to be at 2 hours of Initisr the sensor, which you have to give 2 measurements and then as you have said, when you want but if you spend more than 12 hours you ask you.That by the way it seems very bad that you cannot put an alarm to let you know that you have to calibrate because I from time to time forgot and when I look at it it has been with the drop on the screen

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/18/2014 10:30 a.m.

@Gala I have seen that on this website there are silicone covers, I don't know if this will be what you are looking for.

Link

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
06/19/2014 10:01 a.m.

Well yes, that's what I was looking for !!, thank you very much @mimbek
(What I don't know if they will send me to Spain)

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/19/2014 1:24 p.m.

@Gala from nothing!Well now to choose the one you like best, and to see if you can send it to you home!;)

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
06/19/2014 3:41 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.