Steps to get a Dexcom G4

renoca's profile photo   05/29/2014 10:15 a.m.

I believe this thread since I have received private messages asking for information about the steps to follow to get a Dexcom G4, I think it can be interesting information for many people.
I bought it this week, so in April 2014 the steps I have had to follow are the following:
- The distributor in Spain is Novalab ( Link first thing I did was get in touch with them through an e-mail requesting information at info@novalab.es
- On the same day one of its commercials answered that, in a very kind way, I attached documentation about the device, as well as the updated prices of both the initial kit and the sensors.
- I also attached a "no opposition" document template that had to send it signed by our doctor (a formality).
- The price of the initial kit is 1430 euros (VAT included), in my case I paid it at once for bank transfer, but the commercial told me that there was a possibility of doing it in more deadlines, I even had customers who were doing so now.
- The day after the transfer I had the device in my house.

In my case I live very close to the distributor, so I approached one day for its facilities to show me the "in situ" device and would solve some doubts that I had about its operation.They are in Alcalá de Henares (Madrid).

Any other questions/query that you can have any about it, I will be happy to help you.

renoca's profile photo
renoca
05/29/2014 10:15 a.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

Thank you very much, Renoca.
So who brings it to you does not explain its use?

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
05/29/2014 10:36 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

I think this post will go to many interested people very well.Thanks @renoca;)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
05/29/2014 10:58 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Aaandres@ brought it to me by messaging and then at 2 days the commercial came to my house, very pleasant by the way, he taught me to handle the apparatus in one that brings to play with him and practice how it is placed and managedThe infermatical program.Finally, it helped me to put on the sensor priner, which by the way lasted 4 weeks enteritas

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/29/2014 12:04 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@aaandres, in my case by living very close, nobody came home to explain since I approached their facilities for saving time.
The package is brought by a messenger, but as @gala indicates, in case of not going there, I suppose they will send someone home to explain the operation.

renoca's profile photo
renoca
05/29/2014 12:33 p.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)

In my case the commercial came to the hospital when they put it to have data 24 hours before putting the bomb.
When we later contacted the commercial to buy it, it came to our house and put it supervised by it.But of course my daughter is 2 years old, I don't know if in adults they will move home ...

nuriavegal's profile photo
nuriavegal
05/29/2014 4:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much for the information.
What is the minimum duration of the sensor?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/29/2014 4:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The minimum guaranteed by the manufacturer is 7 days.My daughter has been with the first one that we put on May 6, but I have understood that average last two weeks ...

nuriavegal
05/29/2014 4:53 p.m.

Hello, the description given by Renoca I think is the right thing.In my case, years ago I bought one of the first Dexcom with a sensor subscription, and I have to say that their treatment has always been more than correct and service when I needed something.Come on, no complaint.In my case, I paid with visa.It seems good to pay the postponed payment, and more in the times we are.All the best

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
05/29/2014 5:08 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I don't know if we could ask the SS to give us some or two sensors a month instead of glucose strips.If the expense were equivalent, it would not have to be difficult to get ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/29/2014 7:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The problem is that you cannot do without the strips, in fact your calibration the Dexcom twice a day with values ​​that you introduce capillaries.That is, the 100% reliable for endocrine/ss are glucometers because they take the values ​​directly in blood and the dexcom no.

It is very precise, it helps a barbarity since you anticipate everything because it informs you of the trends, it is almost nailed to the blood measurement, but the measurement in the Dexcom goes with a delay tad with respect to the real glucose thatYou have at the same time in blood, when the Dexcom tells you 120, it is a fact of the past, that is, it is the value you had in blood 5 minutes before, it goes with that small lag, which does not imply a real risk problem becauseSolve with the precision in the prediction of the trends that this is reliable 100%, because when indicating with 120 if the trend is to go up or down you already have the situation controlled because you know that it is happening and where you are going.

I do not know if I explain myself, as long as they do not invent a continuous meter of 100% glucose in real time, they will be based on that not to finance it, they are that of grid and denied to progress .... I say that at least, they shouldbe financed for extreme cases, children with night hypos or children/adults with asymptomatic hypos, which we are going to!

Anyway, I only know that today we have gone to the hospital to review the insulin guideline with the bomb and the first thing the endocrine has done is to turn the data of my Dexcom and next to the bomb has turned to the bomb and based onThis measurement data continues, has made settings on the pattern, I think that with this I say everything in terms of the real reliability that the Dexcom data provides ... of course, that my endocrine is not those who make the budgetof the SS, if it were .....

nuriavegal
05/30/2014 5:43 p.m.

And the glucometers are not 100 %reliable.Because if I look 2-3 times in a row with the glucometerWith the 3 and here in the forum, someone has also commented.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/30/2014 8:12 p.m.

After giving him many laps and making numbers, I have already determined that I am going to agency one and in a couple of weeks I have the appointment with the endocrine, so I will ask him to sign the document in accordance.
A couple of fast questions for which I can answer them ...

- What expiration do the sensors have?
- Does anyone describe the VAT of these health products?It was surprised to give me prices without VAT.

Thank you!

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
06/04/2014 11:30 a.m.

Those that I have bought a month ago expired in April 2015, so that you get an idea.
The other no idea.

nuriavegal
06/04/2014 12:12 p.m.

On VAT, I am autonomous and I am thinking about whether or not to disgust it.In theory it cannot be done, but in practice ... there are others that steal at full hands and nothing happens to them!

renoca's profile photo
renoca
06/04/2014 8:52 p.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/04/2014 8:57 p.m.

gala said:
and glucometers are not 100 %reliable.Because if I look 2-3 times in a row with the glucometerWith the 3 and here in the forum, someone has also commented.

Indeed, thanks to the Dexcom I have been able to see how the "traditional" glucometers put me in some scrub (you do see 250 you put a good ration of extra insulin ... and if it turns out that you had 130 you already know what happens).
When the Dexcom sensor is running out, the glucometer puts you in warning of an incorrect measure ... but when the Dexcom is going well, it is not the first time that it puts me in a incorrect measure in the glucometer.I mean, how reliable reliable ... for me, honestly, I fell more about Dexcom.
What happens is that we do not usually look at glucose 2 times -there would be surprises -even different measures -and enough -in each hand.In this diabetes, really, nothing is nothing reliable, but nothing, and he who says otherwise ... I think he is wrong.

greetings

pabloj2000
06/05/2014 10:15 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Mikel01 said:
After giving it many laps and making numbers, I have already decided that I will agency one and in a couple of weeks I have the appointment with the endocrine, so I will ask you to sign the document of conformity.
A couple of fast questions for which I can answer them ...

- What expiration do the sensors have?
- Does anyone describe the VAT of these health products?It was surprised to give me prices without VAT.

Thank you!

Hi Mikel, it's the best you can do, you'll see that I change in your life (there will be a before and then ... before I had money, now I have less :), it is a joke -In part -... your life is goingchange as diabetic).About deducting, I consulted it at the time, and they told me no, it does not deduct (to put it in the statement), I do not know if many years ago medications paid particularly if they could be deduced.

Renoca, in your case, being autonomous, I would me, and also, I think you are in your right, for me it would be a work tool (with him I can work, without him not), so that he can morally be calm thanYou do the right thing.Forward.And if they put a problem, they see you work.

Mikel, do not worry about the expiration, I tell you about 7 years of experience, and I say this personally, you will never have a problem for that.

all the best

pabloj2000
06/05/2014 10:21 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Ahhh Gala, in yours, too, I would put it as a work tool, simply and clearly, because it is also.Everything that can be "scraped", welcome, although it is little (I think VAT is 10% not? ... So far as they put it to 21% or more ... there is no right).
greetings

pabloj2000
06/05/2014 10:23 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Yes, yes for me I would not have doubted a second.The problem is that it is my son who has diabetes.
Although in my case it is also something that allows me to work more comfortably.
My case is "study", but of course the freelancers who use it for their diabetes should disagree without any doubt.

renoca's profile photo
renoca
06/05/2014 9:46 p.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.