{'en': 'Where do Skin-Tac sell?Any substitute that can find in my pharmacy?', 'es': 'Dónde venden Skin-Tac? algún sustituto que pueda encontrar en mi farmacia?'} Image

Where do Skin-Tac sell?Any substitute that can find in my pharmacy?

HanSolo's profile photo   09/16/2014 12:42 p.m.

I have recommended the skin-tac instead of Tegaderm to fix the free freestyle sensor.But today in the pharmacy he did not even appear on his computer, so I understand that it is not sold in Spain.

But that product sounds to me that you use some of the "firefighters."That's why I ask you in this thread:

Where can I buy it quickly?(I have a trip to Madrid on Saturday for a patient forum and I want to take the sensor on).

Is there any other similar product that is sold in Spain?

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/16/2014 12:42 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hi @hansolo,

I have seen in the post of "Infusing insulin: skin care in the infusion zone" that Novalab's can distribute the skin-tac, surely not as comfortable as going to the pharmacy, but it may be accountable.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/16/2014 1:44 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, I use transpirable transparent fixomull and the truth is that it is going very well with the Dexcom, come on, that the minimum is detached in two weeks, moreover, what hurts when I take it that I take my hairs.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
09/16/2014 2:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hansolo said:
I have recommended the skin-tac instead of Tegaderm to fix the free freestyle sensor.But today in the pharmacy he did not even appear on his computer, so I understand that it is not sold in Spain.But that product sounds to me that you use some of the "firefighters."That's why I ask you in this thread:

Where can I buy it quickly?(I have a trip to Madrid on Saturday for a patient forum and I want to take the sensor on).
Is there any other similar product that is sold in Spain?

I do not know the product of anything and either use bomb or anything similar.I am not helping you.

The only thing that occurs to me is that if someone uses it and lives nearby, you could see personally to leave you a bit of the skin-tac.If so, I could send it to you by urgent messaging or whatever it was faster.

I have been looking for the Internet and the only thing I have found is the post that Fer tells you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/16/2014 2:01 p.m.

Óscar, those are the adhesive wipes distributed by Novalab, the same as the Dexcom.They are the ones that my son produced a bestial allergy with suppuration and everything.
They are soaked wipes that you pass them through the area (such as the refreshing wipes in envelope) and then, once dry, you apply anything.
The only resemblance that I have found in pharmacies are the colloplast prep towels, but they do not hit the same.
Fixomull is something else.It is dressing that you put about something.I think it is better for the free sensor.But everything is trying.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
09/16/2014 2:28 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Hansolo with Novalaba you have them in 24 hours at home in case you do not find them do not fail safe send by Seur.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/16/2014 4:11 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I have one of those wipes without using them to send me from Novalab.And seen my experience with Mastisol, that if it hits (it is American, here it is impossible to find, and I still have a little girl and some ampoules), I no longer pour any "potingue" in the body.I think that to a greater or lesser extent, they are prone to reactions (and I already tell you, the mastisol hits what you do, it is used in the United States to maintain bandages, but as you are reaction, they swell you to the eyelids!And it's not a joke, I thought it gave me something ...).

I also use the Fixomull Transparent for several years, it is great, and in addition, when buying 10 -meter rolls, it spreads a lot and economically it goes on account (the tailored dressings, cut, is a burden what they cost).

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
09/16/2014 6:06 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I already use Fixomull as an economic alternative to Tegaderm.But they apply worse.In any case, an American ABBOTT engineer who read my free freeyle review has sent me an email telling me that the best is Skin-Tac.And I wanted to try it, since I am a "guinea pig" for the rest of the people.But they have already warned me that it can make you reaction.

How much no Novalab is charged for shipping?

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/17/2014 4:41 a.m.

Hi Jedi,

Lately I see you everywhere hahahaha.After reading your review I looked online and almost everything is Yankee.I spend a link that at least has images, although the purchase websites I think they are all American...

Link

DiabetesForo
09/17/2014 5:28 a.m.

This is Novalab's link, although I suppose you have it...

Link

DiabetesForo
09/17/2014 5:36 a.m.

Do you not know anyone in your city who can leave you a couple of wipes?In case it gives you allergy!

tica's profile photo
tica
09/17/2014 5:55 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Thanks Kraken.Tica, I don't have time.I want to have the sensor put as soon as I am an official tester :-)
I just asked Novañab as you indicated to me.
I get the expenses for a box a little expensive, but it is what there is.

If I am allergy and I get hair on my back or I have extrapiramidal reactions and full moon face syndrome:-I will give the box to someone.But I have to try it to see if the free freestyle sensor really looks so well.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/17/2014 7:57 a.m.

Well, yesterday I gave me the skin-tac before putting the sensor.Let's see if it endures the 14 days ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/19/2014 6:33 a.m.

Watch that your body's arm is not bruised ...: D

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
09/19/2014 9:13 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

I have come to you.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
09/19/2014 10:41 a.m.

hansolo said:
well, because yesterday I gave the skin-tac before putting the sensor.Let's see if he endures the 14 days ...

@Hansolo, are you still using the skin-tac or have you found something better?

fer's profile photo
fer
06/24/2015 12:14 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Yes. I use it to help the sensor maintenance and last more time.But by itself, the skin-tac does not keep the sensor stuck for a long time.Maybe you can endure two weeks for free, but with the dexcom that you can - if you touch the lottery - stretch it until 4 weeks or even more, you need additional help and the patches are essential.Adhesive films such as Fixomull or Tegaderm are good solutions.The Tegaderm seems breathable and the Fixomull does not, but both hold the sensor well.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/25/2015 1:03 p.m.

I use Fixomull and change it when it starts to degrade.
Some dexcom has last 6 weeks when doing so.
I will try to put on this noble, so that it does not get wet and last a little more if you can ...

miguelten's profile photo
miguelten
06/28/2015 9:36 p.m.

@Miguelten, how do you put the fixomull?, I have started recentNothing at all ... I don't understand.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/29/2015 9:15 a.m.

Fer ... This is my system with the Fixomull.I have been using it for about 7 years and Chapó¡¡¡¡¡
The theme is the "installation", if you put it "to hair" it is a disaster, with the sweat below the adhesive is taken off-rough (the dexcom), to avoid it, you cut yourself with the exterior shape of the adhesive a small foamyand consistent (the typical that bring electronic components), with the hole in the middle.You put a transparent piece in the center of Fixomul (2cmx4cm more or less, that covers the size of the transmitter simply to prevent it from sticking, this is not necessary but it is comfortable), and you squeeze the fixomull when you put it to crush the foamAgainst the adhesive.The ideal is to put it the first day or the second, not wait for you to take off.And with that, at least in my case, you are guaranteed the 2 weeks that last me (in cases of exercise and a lot of sweat, the adhesive ("skate") is wrinkling and sometimes I have to change it before (as minimum lasts 1 weekIn the worst case), but when you change it the sensor is still perfectly stuck.

That said, Holy.I just took this photo, it has 1 week (it is asking me to restart in a few hours) and perfect, superpegated and will last the other week without problems.

I have tried many other systems, but as soon as I found it and started working ... I don't waste time anymore, but I suppose each one is a world.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
07/12/2015 6:48 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.