My experience with Abbott Freestyle

Antoniora's profile photo   01/08/2016 10:30 a.m.

My experience has been and is very good, in fact put the sensor I encourage me to write about my blog experiences, Diabetic Lemur.Some problem I have had as a small allergy, I've been with him for a year and it has helped me a lot.Right now the capillary meter gives me 86mg/dl and the free brand 71. Taking into account that I have put it 2 hours ago the measurement is more than respectable, greetings.

lemurdiabético's profile photo
lemurdiabético
01/21/2016 9:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello everyone!
How are you?
I had the waiting list to buy the Freestyle I think that since September more or less, this week the mail has arrived and I bought!
I thought I had read enough about him and the other Dexcom type devices, but now that Seur tells me to give it to me on Monday !!!I have started reading opinions and experiences like crazy!What is the problem?Well, I don't know if I bought well or not!There are people who are going fatal, the sensors are taken off ... the measurements in the fingers are not going to be eliminated ... and I wonder ... are I throwing the money?Then I read other opinions and are delighted!And what would you do?I doubt even if I must return it!
All the best!

RocioLA's profile photo
RocioLA
01/23/2016 2:34 p.m.

30 años - DM1 - Debut Marzo 2014 - Lantus 7 - Novorapid 0 - 5 - 10

@Rociola once you have asked for all I can tell you is that you try it and then decide that simple.The opinions in the end are like when you are going to buy a phone or television, they do well and others fatal although the one who is going to be bad always tends to let off steam more than the one who is doing well ..;)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/23/2016 2:41 p.m.

@Rociola, the sensors can, it is the only way of knowing if they will be useful or not.You will only have lost the price of the start kit and you will have ganded a strips sensor and measure ketone bodies.

It is not a great investment what you are going to do if you compare it with the Dexcom and then in the end it does not satisfy you

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/23/2016 3:46 p.m.

Thanks @sigsauer and @joseludi!If I stay with him, I'll tell you how it goes!

RocioLA's profile photo
RocioLA
01/23/2016 4:38 p.m.

@Rociola you are not throwing money, much less, my girl has Dexcom, but we know other diabetics who use freestyle and are very happy with him.You may have any problems, but with the Dexcom it can also happen to you, think that you can always claim if there are problems and that nobody has gone wrong absolutely all the sensors, it bothers a lot when it happens, but it does not mean that you have thatThrow the free in the trash.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
01/25/2016 12:12 a.m.

Thanks @con_q_de_quimica!
It has come to me today, but I am in analyzing that I am going to do:-/

RocioLA's profile photo
RocioLA
01/25/2016 8:47 p.m.

Well, you're going to do ..... Try it.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/25/2016 9:03 p.m.

Do not stay with the desire and try it even if only out of curiosity, then it is not worth repenting ehhhh !!8- |

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/25/2016 10:04 p.m.

Today, the freestyle arrived, and I have obviously not lost time, I have been with the post all afternoon, and on the fly I have left a couple of doubts.I wanted to call them, but it seems that I am out of time.
The fact is that I am having differences in the freestyle vs accouck readings and I said, because we are going to look at the same way by reading the threads of the forum something I find and solve the doubt.

I see here that some give you difference in the measurements at the beginning of starting the sensor, but it is not clear to me what difference it must be or for how long it happens to you.More than anything to consider or consider if I got wrong with the sensor, which being new with this I do not know.

I have been in operation from 3pm, and has marking values ​​between 41-77 all the time with stable trend.The Accouck has marked between 84-117.

I see that the trends are already going well, but of course, with the values ​​there is a difference that in my case, they are approximately in the marked figures, to be with hypoglycemia.

I do not know if this is because the margin of error of the measurements of the device are those or if it can be error because I got badly the sensor. I also know if I should wait more hours for this to finish doing well.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
01/27/2016 8:17 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

gemater said:
today I arrived the freestyle, and I have obviously not lost time, I have already been with the position all afternoon, and on the fly I have left a couple of doubts.I wanted to call them, but it seems that I am out of time.
The fact is that I am having differences in the freestyle vs accouck readings and I said, because we are going to look at the same way by reading the threads of the forum something I find and solve the doubt.

I see here that some give you difference in the measurements at the beginning of starting the sensor, but it is not clear to me what difference it must be or for how long it happens to you.More than anything to consider or consider if I got wrong with the sensor, which being new with this I do not know.

I have been in operation from 3pm, and has marking values ​​between 41-77 all the time with stable trend.The Accouck has marked between 84-117.

I see that the trends are already going well, but of course, with the values ​​there is a difference that in my case, they are approximately in the marked figures, to be with hypoglycemia.

I do not know if this is because the margin of error of the measurements of the device are those or if it can be error because I got badly the sensor. I also know if I should wait more hours for this to finish doing well.

They seem very large differences, it is already known that at higher levels there may be more difference (both percent), leave a few days and if you see that it continues to call Abbot to see if they replace it.

Anyway, you have put the ranks but not the free -free related measurements, I suppose that when the free gave you 41 the capillary gave you 84, right?

DiabetesForo
01/27/2016 8:52 p.m.

Hello:

From some tips in this forum, I also raised the possibility of buying the freestyle.In Germany last year social security covered a part of the expense so that its own expenditure was approx.300 euros a year.I signed up for Abbot's waiting list (because the kits were exhausted) and recently Abbot told me that I could already ask for the kit.However, since December, Social Security has decided not to assume the initial costs (meter + two sensors) or the rest of the sensors.
The fact is that in the meantime I have been informing and I think that this meter lacks the possibility of alarm in night hypoglycemia, so I think that depending on each case, Dexcom offers a more complete solution (for this alarm system).
It is in case it gives you some light when deciding.Anyway I am going to wait a bit because I think that more and more continuous meters will be more and more affordable.

eriantha's profile photo
eriantha
01/27/2016 9:08 p.m.

eriantha said:
hello:

From some tips in this forum, I also raised the possibility of buying the freestyle.In Germany last year social security covered a part of the expense so that its own expenditure was approx.300 euros a year.I signed up for Abbot's waiting list (because the kits were exhausted) and recently Abbot told me that I could already ask for the kit.However, since December, Social Security has decided not to assume the initial costs (meter + two sensors) or the rest of the sensors.
The fact is that in the meantime I have been informing and I think that this meter lacks the possibility of alarm in night hypoglycemia, so I think that depending on each case, Dexcom offers a more complete solution (for this alarm system).
It is in case it gives you some light when deciding.Anyway I am going to wait a little because I think that more and more continuous meters will be more and more affordable.

If you do not suffer from unnoticed hypoglycemia, you have the dexcom alarms left over and you also have the large initial disbursement you would have to do.If you suffer, I shut up, the dexcom would be better

As for the fact that they take better and cheaper meters, having the free: Free Good

DiabetesForo
01/27/2016 9:33 p.m.

@joseludi except for one of them that the Free gave 77 and the action 84, and that difference could consider it normal in my point of view, in the rest there are differences of 40 or so.For example, now before dinner Accouck 100, Freestyle 61
We will wait tomorrow to see what happens.Thank you

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
01/27/2016 9:44 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

gemater said:
@Joseludi except for one of them that the free gave 77 and the action 84, and that difference could consider it normal in my view, in the rest there are differences of 40more or less.For example, now before dinner Accouck 100, Freestyle 61
We will wait tomorrow to see what happens.Thanks

The first 24 hours are usually worse, although some sensors are good from the first moment

DiabetesForo
01/27/2016 10:15 p.m.

@joseludi I will wait for me to spend the day and if I will call, because yesterday the graph comes out I had
Today I woke me up with 134 in glucometer and gave me 81 in the freestyle.
I put a picture of where I put on the sensor, to see if the problem is that I did it wrong

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
01/28/2016 9:08 a.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

gemater said:
@Joseludi I will wait for the day and if I will call, because yesterday the graph comes out I hadI started up, in my glucometer between 70-90
Today I woke me up with 134 in glucometer and gave me 81 in the freestyle.
I put a picture of where I put on the sensor, to see if the problem is that I did it wrong

I see it a low tad, but it is well placed, I put it a little higher

DiabetesForo
01/28/2016 9:43 a.m.

@joseludi Once that I thought, I still a little low, that's why I ask.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
01/28/2016 11:47 a.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Gemater I also put it about 15 cms above but where you have it placed I don't think I have to influence those results that you are giving you ... have you tried the application for mobile ..?If you have NFC, to prove that you are not ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/28/2016 1:23 p.m.

@Sisaguer The two last results have improved a lot, I will wait to see what passes the next hours, it was bad because it was the first hours.I will tell you.
Likewise, I had thought about the app, so I will look at him to see how such and the next one I will place it above in case.
Thank you :)

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
01/28/2016 1:36 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.