{'en': 'Outrage with free freestyle', 'es': 'Indignación con el Freestyle Libre'} Image

Outrage with free freestyle

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/23/2015 11:51 a.m.

ruthbia said:
@"amélie" the one I wear now started it yesterday and marks well above.About 40-50 mg/dl more.In two days it approaches but while with capillaries.The trend arrow is important for me.That does not fail

Yes, in that you are right, the arrow does not usually fail (although these readings of now are not very logical: 129 with ascending arrow and 15 minutes later 116 stable ... Anyway! ...).
The truth is that it is disgust, because if the readings were more adjusted to that of the capillary could save me a couple of punctures a day.But it is what there is.The free, I don't know why, in me it doesn't go well: (

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
12/23/2017 3:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Amélie" those last photos enter into the acceptable, when you are low, free always accentuates blood glucose, keep in mind that if in the 70mg/dl in the capillaNext perfectly you can give you a result of 60-65 mg/dl, the capillary glucometer is not going to nail the glycemias.-

And the 2nd photo can pass perfectly that the pronounced upMore hair glycemia than if you will not wear the sensor and it is not about that?I believe that those last photo are fine, it is almost impossible for a sensor and capillary to clash the result taking into account the delay that the sensor carries.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/23/2017 4:16 p.m.

Thank you, @"sigsauer".Yes, you are right ... you know?I will take the camera and go for a walk;It works phenomenal to clear your head.
Enjoy the afternoon;)

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
12/23/2017 4:27 p.m.

amélie said:
ruthbia said:
@"amélie" the one who is wearing now starts it yesterday and marks well above.About 40-50 mg/dl more.In two days it approaches but while with capillaries.The trend arrow is important for me.That does not fail

Yes, in that you are right, the arrow does not usually fail (although these readings of now are not very logical: 129 with ascending arrow and 15 minutes later 116 stable ... Anyway! ...).
The truth is that it is disgust, because if the readings were more adjusted to that of the capillary could save me a couple of punctures a day.But it is what there is.The free, I don't know why, in me it doesn't go well: (

How were you in capillary when you had on the 116 sensor?The 53 and 70 reading would not take it into account, since you were in hypoglycemia, compare the readings in normal and especially stable values.A priori I see a lotReading of the sensor with the capillary ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
12/24/2017 12:13 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
amélie said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
@"amélie" the one who is wearing now starts itYesterday and marks well above.About 40-50 mg/dl more.In two days it approaches but while with capillaries.The trend arrow is important for me.That does not fail

How were you in capillary when you had on the 116 sensor?The 53 and 70 reading would not take it into account, since you were in hypoglycemia, compare the readings in normal and especially stable values.A priori I see a lotReading of the capillary sensor ...

At that time I did not measure myself with the capillary.
This morning:
Free capillary
07:10 59 95
08:25 88 79
(Breakfast)
09:40 155 178
10:53 88 108

Do you think these fast variations are used only slow?

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
12/24/2017 11:08 a.m.

@"Amélie"

I see measures that are completely within range.59 and 95 I understand that you took something to recover from hypoglycemia, right?
The 155 and 178 will involve the rise in breakfast.
88 and 108 and 79 and 88 Estab within the same glycemic range.I think everything is correct in your sensor's measurements.The more your glucose changes (and more quickly), the less the sensor and capillary readings will coincide ..

JPR's profile photo
JPR
12/24/2017 2:04 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

ruthbia said:
@"amélie" for me is important the trend arrow.That does not fail

Well, I have failed the arrow of the trend .... arrows saying that it goes up, but the values ​​lowering and fast in almost consecutive readings, reader, mobile and when hallucinating reader again.It has happened to me twice.I have 4 sensors, but I don't know if I will continue when I have ended up, it doesn't help me detect hypoglycemia and economically destroys me.
By the way, the error of expect 10 minutes, is usual when I try to read with mobile and fail to place the placement, but minutes later read correctly.

Merry christmas.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
12/24/2017 3:21 p.m.

The arrows sometimes have to be taken with caution ...
This photo is my glycemia right now, that I will eat, capillary and sensor

JPR's profile photo
JPR
12/24/2017 3:41 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
arrows sometimes you have to take them cautiously ...
This photo is my glycemia right now, that I am going to eat, capillary and sensor

How lucky you are!How you nail it!

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
12/24/2017 6:53 p.m.

jpr said:
@"amélie"

I see measures that are completely within range.59 and 95 I understand that you took something to recover from hypoglycemia, right?
88 and 108 and 79 and 88 Estab within the same glycemic range.I think everything is correct in your sensor's measurements.The more your glucose changes (and the more quickly), the less the sensor and capillary readings will coincide ..

jpr said:
@"amélie"

88 and 108 and 79 and 88 Estab within the same glycemic range.I think everything is correct in your sensor's measurements.The more your glucose changes (and the more quickly), the less the sensor and capillary readings will coincide ..

No, I had not taken anything to recover from hypoglycemia, in fact or got out of bed.
Thanks for your comments.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
12/24/2017 6:59 p.m.

Hello everyone!Any user (outraged or not with freestyle) in Madrid who could sell me one of their sensors?I have had an incident with one of mine and tomorrow I leave the country without option to be able to ask for another ...: -S

Eshmir's profile photo
Eshmir
12/25/2017 3:42 p.m.

Well, I am very very free, I have been using them for two years and I have had many problems, the penalty is that I have the folds shattered and the decom is very expensive, but I do not know if I am not going to change shortly.This last time four followed sensors that give me error, well placed, apparently it is a defective lot, a shame because they have only replaced me two, the others will already send them to me when they analyze them.How is it possible that four followed sensors give me mistake? And they tell me to continue putting sensors, as if we were rich, with the money that is worth.I take many anger with this.Then when I wear them and I am doing well, I'm 14 days, but fabric with mistakes.

Marisa33's profile photo
Marisa33
12/26/2017 12:46 p.m.

And the sensor error has happened to me more times, which is badly stuck puts me and it costs me a lot to take it off.

Marisa33's profile photo
Marisa33
12/26/2017 12:48 p.m.

My defective lots have not come out but I do lots with deviations of 50 or more.The one I have now is one of those ... and there are 6 sensors... The same hours before activating it and having stable glucose during the time of calibration ... they all leave diverted.
I have also had very good lots but I have not come out for a long time.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/29/2017 12:31 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I do not give credit ... I do not know if it was because I have activated it at 4 in the morning (i-)) but the truth is that I had never given such even results to those of the capillary.It is very worthwhile, just over two hours after eating, Free 143, capillary 142!
(It will be because it is Christmas ............ :)))

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
12/29/2017 4:52 p.m.

I bought it last summer, I used two sensors (those who sell you) and did not give me the right reading once, I had to continue clicking on my fingers to verify.I was given hypoglycemia while high glucose (verified by the traditional method) money thrown away.I also bought them to try them during the holidays, but they sent them to me with such a fair expiration that I had to use them before, because they did not reach my vacation.

I have not bought them anymore, I wanted to avoid punctures in my fingers and be more controlled, but they didn't help me at all.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
12/31/2017 12:25 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

This is normal ??Someone has happened to someone?And they already changed it to me

CRAZYDRY's profile photo
CRAZYDRY
07/29/2018 12:20 a.m.

Reading the thread and seeing how to look at the number of sensors I have looked at mine and I realized that I have 64 sensors already (about 3800 euros spent ...)

The truth is that I am doing well, once you know him and take into account his "peculiarities", since it is not perfect, the truth is that he would no longer know how to live without him (and that is a problem because I see thatThey take it off and would be able to spend 20 strips a day)

With free you have to take into account the following:

- Click the sensor 24 hours before (without activating it) and activate it when it touches it helps significantly to solve the problems of disparate readings the first two days

-Activate the sensor when you have the stable and constant level of sugar (without acting insulin, or without going up or lowering) it helps a lot to have no difference between the sensor-channel measurements of +-50

- Still there will be discrepancies with the sensor and strips ... you have to live with it

- When the sugar is climbing, or lowering it must be taken into account that the glucose in the strips is more current than the measurement by the sensor (about 15 minutes I think) that is, that if you are in a tendency to go down and with the stripIt gives you 50 very surely with the 80 or 100 sensor te is normal, so with the sensor on descent (down arrow) it is important to start correcting hypo with 100 or 80

- The same applies to the climb

- (I don't know this for sure but I suspect it a lot) The sensor results are not real, without it is an algorithmic average between the real value of the sensor and the data taken by the graph, this can assume that in strong situationsUpload or lower the variations of data vary a lot, you can quickly be raising sugar and giving you a 288 reading with the vertical arrowcorrected the pattern.You have to be careful with this and logically always check with the strips

- The really important thing about the freestyle is the trends (the arrows) beyond the values ​​and are those that, at least to me, have helped me a lot to control the level of blue and avoid above all hypoglycemia, it is not the same is not the samethat the sensor marks 100 with a horizontal arrow (ideal and normal situation) to mark 100 with a vertical arrow down, that then an hypo comes which train of merchandise and must be corrected

And this is my experience with free, for now the truth is that I do not change it in the absence of a better system, the comfort that gives me the truth is that it is impressive and has fought me of many

All the best

Juanlu83's profile photo
Juanlu83
07/30/2018 11 a.m.

@"Juanlu83" and failing that for any reason there are great differences, you use the glymp that has the option to calibrate with capillary blood glucose and in my opinion is the application that detects more correction any correction made up or down,That is, if you are low and you take sugar, you wait 15-20 MNS and while the free app continues to mark hypo, the Glimp already has upward arrow, I do not know how it does but detect any change faster, it also has 3 types of arrowMore or less oblique up or down, +/- 5 mg/dl is a type of arrow, between +/- 5 and 10mg/dl is another type of arrow and +/- 10mg/dl is vertical.- For meIt is the most reliable application that exists and also has the option of continuous measurement SII you use Blucon or Miaomiao

@"Crazydry" In 3 years of use of free I have had some +/- 50 mg/ dl sensors but never that difference, or the sensor is wrong or is poorly placed, there is no other.That they return it to you.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/30/2018 3:39 p.m.

I have been a sensor for several years and my experience has been everything, several returned by crazy medioons of more than 30 almost continuous points, some take off, they have changed them.
I spend an egg in capillary measurements to verify the free.
It is true that because of the sensor I have discovered what are the foods that upload the glucose and those that not and that has allowed me to lower a lot until I have left the metformin by pink spots on my legs with itching, the metformin a 200 offasting it leaves it in 160, I will see how it evolves because I have read studies on worrying metformin about its vascular cardio effects.

Juan Luis Manzano Andrés's profile photo
Juan Luis Manzano Andrés
03/04/2019 12:03 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.