{'en': 'TRAUMAS IN CHILDHOOD CAN trip the risk of type 1 diabetes', 'es': 'Traumas en la infancia pueden triplicar el riesgo de diabetes tipo 1'} Image

TRAUMAS IN CHILDHOOD CAN trip the risk of type 1 diabetes

fer's profile photo   04/10/2015 10:44 a.m.

The causes of type 1 diabetes are unknown, but genetic and environmental factors are involved.It is usually preceded by an attack of the immune system of the body that kills the beta cells of the pancreas that produce insulin.

In addition to genetic predisposition, several environmental factors such as viral infection, eating habits in childhood, birth weight and early weight gain, as well as chronic stress, have been proposed as risk factors.

A new investigation by Sweden, published in 'Diabetologia', shows that serious vital events (sles) in childhood, such as the death or disease of a family member, divorce/separation of parents, a newChild or adult in the family and family conflicts, they can triple the risk of subsequently developing type 1 diabetes (DM1).

As the incidence of type 1 diabetes in young children is increasing in most countries in the world, environmental factors are being examined more seriously.This new research aimed to examine whether psychological stress in terms of Sles experiences, along with the perception of parental stress parents and lack of social support during the child, first 14 years of life can be risk factors for developing type diabetes1.

The prospective work based on the unique population 'The All Babies in Southeast Sweden (ABIS) Study' invited all families with children born between October 1, 1997 and September 30, 1999 in southeast Sweden to participate.The subsuempra included 10,495 families participating in at least one of the four data collections taken when the children were between 2 and 14 years of age.

To be included in the analysis, the child should not have been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when he first participated.A total of 58 children were subsequently diagnosed with DM1.The diagnostic age was obtained from the National Registry 'Swediabkids' in 2012 and family psychological stress was measured by questionnaires to parents who evaluate the serious events of life, parental stress, parents' concerns and paternal social support.

The authors found that the childhood experience of a serious vital event was associated with a higher risk of the future diagnosis of type 1 diabetes, with children who experience this type of events almost three times more likely to develop type 1 diabetes than those that those that those that those that those that those that those that those that those that those that those that those that those that those that those that those that those that those that those that those that those that those that those that those that those that those thatThey do not suffer, even after adjusting for confusion factors.

In relation to other environmental factors discussed as risk factors, the increase in the risk of type 1 diabetes caused by sles found in this study is comparable to that of factors such as birth weight, child nutrition factors and enterovirus infection.However, when comparing individual risk factors, genetic predisposition is even more important.

The Beta Cell Stress Hypothesis

In this study sample, there were 12 times more risk of developing type 1 diabetes for a child in a family in which another first degree member has DM1, about four times more than the increase in the risk associated with a SLE.The authors say: "Psychological stress must be treated as a potential risk factor and examined in more detail in future epidemiological studies, for example, in relation to genetic risk."

According to researchers, one of the possibilities that unite sles with the development of type 1 diabetes is the hypothesis of beta cell stress, which proposes that the experience of a child's SLE could contribute to the stress of beta cells for greater resistanceto insulin, as well as increased demand forInsulin due to the response to physiological stress, including high levels of cortisol stress hormone.

Another possible mechanism that relates tension to immunological diseases is a more general imbalance in the immune system as a result of chronic stress.This imbalance can contribute to an immune reaction against beta cells of insulin producers.

"According to several previous retrospective studies, this first prospective study concludes that the experience of a serious life event (which reasonably indicates psychological stress) during the first 14 years of life can be a risk factor for developing type 1 diabetes"The researchers sentence.

The study examined the serious vital events experienced at any time before diagnosis, so, according to the authors, more studies are needed to determine when psychological stress influences with the autoimmune process and in association with which other factors, such as genetic,infections or other pronounced stress periods of beta cells.

fer's profile photo
fer
04/10/2015 10:44 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

In the case of my niece it seems that it was an ear infection ... However, she is a daughter of separate parents and although the separation was quite civilized ... because that all family members have a bad time (parents and children) ...
I better not tell this my sister who gives her horse depression and a Patatus! ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/10/2015 2:04 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

I was that summer, in July 20 days in a camp that did not have a good time precisely and in September I was diagnosed with diabetes with 13 years, I have always related it with this, I do not know if it will be mine things ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/10/2015 3:49 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Something similar happened to me, but more and more with work, a season of brutal stress that resulted in diabetes ...

fer's profile photo
fer
04/10/2015 4:41 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, my daughter with 5 years was the sea of ​​happy. But it was a Coxackie virus who triggered everything.They were detected in the analytics.
That of the psychic traumas is very helpful, but many people have them and nothing happens to them.
In the end, the genes that touch us have.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/10/2015 4:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I also think about Regina (the genes).In my case at a family level it is clear but there are doctors who say no ... one of two: or they do not clarify or do not know (I do not know what is worse UMMM)

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/10/2015 5:53 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Ultima glicosila 6

The genes are there is no doubt but there is always a trigger that is usually related to psychic or physical stress (a flu is stress for the body, for example)

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/10/2015 6:06 p.m.

I wonder if the type II also happens to us ... if it is a trigger the stress.If it is, what I do not understand is how I have taken so long to be diabetic ... I have passed emotional, work, health to give and give away ... !!

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/10/2015 6:11 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

In my family there is no diabeticI don't know ...

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
04/10/2015 8:26 p.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

In my family there is either any diabetic or hypothyroidism and takes, I touched me the lottery .. we return to the same, the genetic predisposition we have it but there is something that makes it jump or not, the case of the twins, the same genetic,One develops it and another no, why ???Environmental factors such as viruses, stress ... ????

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/10/2015 9:42 p.m.

And we?My brothers) ... My older brothers (2) are not diabetic but the daughter of one of them (my older sister) ... the two little ones of my mother's children if we are diabetics ...
It seems to follow a common denominator: from grandparents to grandchildren (however gravity they are the ones who pass them canutas) through the eldest son ... The rest of the children end up feeling it but in a more benign way ...
And there are doctors who tell you that they are not the genes ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/11/2015 12:01 a.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

As they say in my land: Manda Carallo !!!: (((

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/11/2015 12:02 a.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Hello good, my name is Javi and I have type 1 diabetes since the age of 5, I would likeThey possibly influence the appearance of diabetes, in my case, with 5 years they put me a vaccine which apparently injected quite much before what I played, casually soon to wear it I started suffering several symptoms of diabetes, I wasTo do the tests and effectively I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. In my family there were many suspicions about the causes of my illness, which were confirmed when a couple of years ago, a plumber that came home told us how the and 20 more peopleThey took diabetes from a vaccine that were put in the mili, and this does not end here, not long ago in one of the many visits that I make to the doctor, a nurse who worked in a research association for diabetes told us that there areA very high percentage of probability that vaccines have caused thousands of cases of diabetes, and what left me the most frozen was a confession that did to me and my father, and it made us understand that many doctors refuseRecognize this due to the enormous benefit that vaccines leave in pharmacists, I sincerely give me a lot of anger and I do not want to convince anyone of something they do not believe, but I am 100% convinced that in my case the vaccines havehad a lot to do, greetings

jpg97's profile photo
jpg97
04/11/2015 6:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

.Before there are vaccines 50% of children died before turning 5.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/11/2015 7:17 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

True regina, but the problem is when they are not used properly or simply when it is not necessary

jpg97's profile photo
jpg97
04/11/2015 7:25 p.m.

Without vaccines, very serious infections would appear again: diphtheria, smallpox, polyomyelitis ..
Vaccines and antibiotics continue to avoid millions of deaths.
Precisely a vaccine is what could avoid the appearance of diabetes in children.I hope you discover it soon.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/11/2015 7:28 p.m.

I had never heard such a thing ... I find it hard to believe it but I have no reason to doubt your word ...
I have stayed that if they click me, I don't bleed ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
04/11/2015 7:30 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

If I have heard it and it seems that it is one of the causes that are considered with enough weight there are many published articles and for me I think logic, since the vaccines what they do is deceive the immune system and make it create antibodies for thatbacteria or virus, that is, alter the immune system

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/11/2015 8:06 p.m.

Gala, but children are exposed to many more live viruses than the attenuated of a vaccine.
The immune system is continuously acting against viruses and bacteria, and more in children.
In the case of my daughter, diabetes triggered a living and very common virus.That is why I hope you find a vaccine against that type of virus that trigger diabetes.That is already proven.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/11/2015 8:12 p.m.

Regina respects your opinion and in certain things I am right, but I am more than sure that if I had put the vaccine at the right time I am best and many other people we would not have the problem we have, and I amEven safer when more than one doctor has ended up confirming what I suspected, it's a business

jpg97's profile photo
jpg97
04/11/2015 8:57 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.